• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Wam

Smash Ace
@either

A link to where who was scum? And anything old xkcd is very hard to search as the forums are down.

Wam

Smash Ace
And to be clear by down I mean gone for good. Unless you use an internet archiving service. For reference I started playing on there 2012/13 ish so anything back that far is very fuzzy in my brian.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss Swiss Again, I'm looking here for Scum:

Swiss / Gorf
Somitomi / Wam / Maven / Bessie

Not ordered.

Somitomi's entrance pinged me. It fanned flames in my direction without adding much value to the conversation.

Maven looks rational, but this post pinged me:

https://smashboards.com/threads/decisive-games-newd3-mafia-day-1-starts-4-14-12-am-mdt-deadline-4-20-12-am-mdt.513025/post-24359453

As it looks really flexible, like he's a vulture circling prospective wagons. He’s in a similar space to Gellnick for me in the last game in terms of vibe.

Wam is very difficult for me overall. I feel he’s different here. I dislike his vote.

Bessie’s come in and given me -10 points. This is strong relative to the whole cast and feels forced. She must really hate me here. Why?

For Gorf / Swiss, I'm trying to work where their pushes are coming from in their experience. I think Gorf might have made up his scum tell to push. Swiss looks clearer in his thought process, more reasonable.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Wam Wam A link to Gorf being Scum.

Have any questions of mine pinged you? Can you break down why I'm the only Scum to you relative to the whole cast?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Eido says he's looking at the below for scum

Swiss - just said im reasonable
Gorf - no push
Somitomi -no interaction
Wam - general chit chat about old games
Maven - quoted one post just now
Bessie - done nothing other than comment she 'hates' you

Do you think this is in depth scum hunting?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Eido Eido 6 people are pushing you or made comments about you that you feel negative about. At most 2 of them are scum. Don't you feel the need to reevaluate and try to scumhunt in some way other than OMGUS?

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam Wam A link to Gorf being Scum.

Have any questions of mine pinged you? Can you break down why I'm the only Scum to you relative to the whole cast?
Why not ask gorf? Why would I have them. I don't think I have talked about gord being scum or town....

I will answer your questions when you answer mine.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Sabrar Sabrar

This post clearly tells you how what I'm looking for right now.

I know the wagon is wrong. I'm assuming Scum are going to be tempted to join it.

Do you disagree with anything I've said in that post? About the players listed?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss / Gorf
Somitomi / Wam / Maven / Bessie
I want space to start looking at this and refining.

It's hard to do that right now. Lots of pressure being thrown at me.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss Swiss

Talk to me about Gorf, please. You know him well. Does he usually open up games like this?

Aaaaaaand

I'm going there......

You got a link to a game where was scum? I'd honestly like to read in to it. Just link me and say nothing else.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Lord have mercy.

I'm asking for a link to one game. That's all.

It's pointless. I'll stop asking.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
bessie bessie per your recollection when Vicarin became stubborn about a specific topic was that alignment-indicative?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
There's a real temptation to build or follow wagons on a Townie because Scum get 3 potential kills. I expect there to be some temptation in hopping on my wagon then.
You're not taking into account the timing. It is unlikely that we would speed-yeet anyone after 24 hours therefore scum doesn't have the urgency to hop onto your wagon. Yes, it is tempting but scum can easily show restraint. especially if they see that the townies themselves are already piling up.
And you haven't actually answered my question. If 4 townies find you sus because of a single thing then how will you differentiate them from the potential 2 scum who expressed the same view?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I think Gorf is scum.
Right. I wanna chat about this.

What did I think could happen after accidentally hammering Swiss? We see a flip that’s 8/10 likely town and lose two townies overNight with nothing and nobody’s really to blame. I don’t get what you’re tryna get out of me here
We see here that Gorf is thinking about the accidental hammer, and the loss of 2 townies. So he's aware the situation can happen at this time.

Does Scum!Gorf put his neck out here to protect you? What do you think his actions say here?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Sabrar Sabrar I don't know. I would be looking in to tone maybe to differentiate - if a post looks unnatural or awkward. I don't quite know what's a good metric yet for finding scum so I rely on a lot of content being made so I can watch what's going on and then judge.

Finding it best to make a zone of players that could contain Scum, and then start filtering down as more content appears. As it's still page 3, there's little to go off of outside of people talking about my wagon. That event looks to have clues, which is why I'm focused on it.

Do you mind answering my #131?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I keep saying page 3. How awkward. Take that as me saying it's still quite early

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Wam Wam See this re: opportunism.

There's a real temptation to build or follow wagons on a Townie because Scum get 3 potential kills. I expect there to be some temptation in hopping on my wagon then.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Do you disagree with any players I listed as being potential scum?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I disagree with the notion that you should only look for scum in that set.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Right. I wanna chat about this.

We see here that Gorf is thinking about the accidental hammer, and the loss of 2 townies. So he's aware the situation can happen at this time.

Does Scum!Gorf put his neck out here to protect you? What do you think his actions say here?
Did Gorf ‘stick his neck out’ for me? I don’t see that. Please explain

Are you going to answer my questions to you from before?

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam Wam See this re: opportunism.
I'm going to be agreeing with sabrar here on day 1 which feels wrong.

But that assumes that the 2nd wagon of the day 24 hours in is going to go the distance. Which is just so unlikely.
To answer your question, this is why my vote is still there, your responses to the pressure have not been town. You seem paranoid that any pressure will lead to a lynch. It's not one post on it's own it's the way your reacting.

Wam

Smash Ace
Oh god I agree with sabrar again!

The set is just the active players. At this stage scum are more likely to be lurking, quiet and avoiding attention, than leading lynches and hopping on and off wagons.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Is there anything else you can bring to the table? Where your current head is at with reads?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Did Gorf ‘stick his neck out’ for me? I don’t see that. Please explain
I mean from here:

What did I think could happen after accidentally hammering Swiss? We see a flip that’s 8/10 likely town and lose two townies overNight with nothing and nobody’s really to blame. I don’t get what you’re tryna get out of me here
^ Gorf votes me on the outcome an accidental hammer could happen. And he voted on the way I comfortably did it. He's identified me as a threat when it comes to your safety in the game. This is what I meant.

Wam Wam That's fair.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
All 3 of you, at almost the same time, posted questions.

Grabbing a coffee so will be back soon.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Ok. Is there anything else you can bring to the table? Where your current head is at with reads?
I rarely do early reads. I have a couple of issues that I want to bring up but I'm waiting to see if they will be resolved without my intervention.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT v1.2

Eido (3): Gorf, Swiss, Wam
Maven (1): Eido
Somitomi (1): Laserguy

Not Voting: Bessie, Sabrar, Maven, Fontisian, Somitomi

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to eliminate!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
^that’s not a joke

Eido Eido

The best you’ll get is you can see all of my old ass meta by finding my name and reading a scum game from mine here. I haven’t played in years and the one piece of actually relevant meta I have was the town multiball game I just played. I did have a game where I rolled scum recently here, but I replaced out within like 3 pages cuz I knew my activity was gonna be botched so I would take that with the tiniest grain of salt

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
If not, what do you understand my reasoning was from that? Yea, to a degree I was being intentionally vague in saying that but it seems clear to me that my issue was with his demeanor while on the wagon. It was also meant to further my read on him, which it did. I’ll save full on casings for later in the game.
My original impression was that you were concerned that he voted the wagon to L-2 and then didn't follow up on it. But your later posting seems to suggest that he voted the wagon to L-2 and then did too much.

is this a serious meta on somi or an rvs that went nowhere?
Inside joke from previous game.

somitomi I think I have decided that I'm just not allowed to meta read you anymore and it doesn't seem to work for me. Feel free to remind me of this at every opportunity. I'm sorry D2 ended up the way it did... I think you just kind of ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Unvote

Swiss Swiss

The biggest clue to me right now lies in those leveraging the momentum Gorf created to build a wagon. This means in the region of the following players:

Yourself / Somitomi / Maven / Wam / And now Bessie.

There's a real temptation to build or follow wagons on a Townie because Scum get 3 potential kills. I expect there to be some temptation in hopping on my wagon then. I'm also forced to think about Gorf making up his scum tell to push, and what that means.
This reads as newbie Town to me.

You got a link to a game where was scum? I'd honestly like to read in to it. Just link me and say nothing else.
He was scum in Things I Like. He replaced out fairly early, though.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Skimmed, but
Talk to me about Gorf, please. You know him well. Does he usually open up games like this?
You tell me, what did I do on pg 1 of the multiball (where I was town)? Did I not help to add legitimacy on a wagon by the end of pg1/beginning of pg2 and get things rolling?

I like Swiss analysis in 108 on eido, but at the same time I’m forced to take pause. Eido just played scum in the recent multiball and looked town as **** to everyone there, the other scumteam killed him likely cuz he was a universal townread (Swiss can confirm/deny). For now imma keep my vote here but I think my read on him will be more clear when he starts to focus less on things that directly involve himself.

Below is where my heads at currently.

Town
Sabrar
Swiss

Unknown
Laser
Bessie
Font
Maven
Gorf
Somi

Scum
Eido
is this ordered?

Swiss Swiss

The biggest clue to me right now lies in those leveraging the momentum Gorf created to build a wagon. This means in the region of the following players:

Yourself / Somitomi / Maven / Wam / And now Bessie.

There's a real temptation to build or follow wagons on a Townie because Scum get 3 potential kills. I expect there to be some temptation in hopping on my wagon then. I'm also forced to think about Gorf making up his scum tell to push, and what that means.

Aaaaaaand

I'm going there......

Posts like these (and what further ensue on pg4) make me question whether eido is dumb or scum. I think scum would be aware that they’re gonna keep drawing unwanted attention to themselves for asking for links when they got plenty of it already for that. This just doesn’t seem to phase eido... the only problem is he’s a noob so does he realize that this is just gonna keeping twisting the knife in his chest... I ****ing hate reading noobs lmao

Top Bottom