• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
All information regarding the setup, including sample role PMs, can be found here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

All night actions will be resolved using the Natural Action Resolution method: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

Short version is that this game will be 1 of 9 possible setups:

• A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
Setup will be selected using Random.org's random integer generator to select one of the above nine setups (1-9), followed by a random shuffle of the player list to assign roles using the list randomizer

SPECIAL ADJUSTMENTS
  • There is one additional vanilla town role added to this game
  • The mafia faction will have the option to exercise one additional night kill on the first night phase. Either mafia player may perform the extra night kill, and the same person may be selected to perform both kills.

General Rules:

01. Follow all SmashBoards forum conduct rules
02. Do not edit your posts. Feel free to double post for corrections if necessary. I will generally only give a warning for the first offense but reserve the right to modkill for repeated or particularly eggregious/deliberate edits that are intended to undermine the integrity of the game
03. Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person. Please try to place your vote at the top or bottom of the post to help prevent mod errors. Example: Vote: Marshy Unvote: Marshy
04. Days will last for half of the existing player base, rounded up to the nearest whole number, +1. So 9 alive results in Day 1 being 6 Days (9/2 = 4.5, round up to 5, +1 is 6). 6 Alive would be 4 Days for that phase. Nights will always be 48 hours. If a majority vote is reached, the first player to receive a majority of the living players' active present votes will be eliminated. If no majority is reached by the deadline, no elimination will occur and the game will proceed to night phase.
05. You are allowed to vote for No Elimination.
06. Talking about the game outside of the thread is strictly prohibited unless you are specifically granted permission to do so by the moderator. Breaking this rule will result in an automatic, non-negotiable modkill. If allowed to communicate with other players about the game outside of the thread, you may choose whatever medium you would like to do so.
07. Please direct all questions about the setup or game functions to the moderator privately. The moderator will not respond to in-game thread inquiries. The moderator will only post about game mechanics in the game thread if it is determined to be absolutely necessary to preserve the game's integrity.
08. No using hidden codes, text, cyphers, or any other means of communication in the game thread that restricts the visibility or readability of your posts to a limited number of players.
09. You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures.
10. No posting in the thread when you are dead, or during the night phase, with the exception of a single "Bah go town/scum!" post or functional equivalent.
11. Failure to submit a night action with the 48 hour night phase will result in no action being taken.

Player List:

1.) Swiss
2.) Laserguy
3.) Bessie
4.) Sabrar
5.) Wam
6.) Maven89
7.) Fontisian
8.) Eido
9.) Somitomi
10.) Gorf

Eliminated Players:

9.) Somitomi - Mafia Goon (Eliminated Day 1) End of Day 1
4.) Sabrar - Town Tracker (Killed Night 1) Start of Day 2
10.) Gorf - Town Vanilla (Killed Night 1) Start of Day 2
8.) Eido - Town Vanilla (Eliminated Day 2) End of Day 2
6.) Maven89 - Town Friendly Neighbor (Killed Night 2) Start of Day 3
7.) Fontisian - Town Vanilla (Eliminated Day 3) End of Day 3
1.) Swiss - Town Vanilla (Killed Night 3) Start of Day 4
5.) Wam - Town Vanilla (Eliminated Day 4) End of Day 4
3.) Bessie - Town Vanilla (Endgamed Day 4) End of Day 4

Survivors:

2.) Laserguy -
Mafia Rolecop

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
At least I won't be able to repeat my mistake in this game.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss' mind was racing.

On the one hand, saying he wasn't doc was a masterstroke, hiding his true power role. Yet on the other, the smaller minded townies might suspect him for being so open. A pickle, to be sure.

He eyed the player base thoughtfully, weighing up the names and stigmas attached to them, rolling their names across his tongue like boiled sweets.

Yes, he thought, as he saw Maven89, this would work nicely.

Wam

Smash Ace
^adds to a wagon, yet adds nothing - then talks to mod

Interesting entry to the game there Wam
First cracks in the swiss wall as the pressure builds?

We are at L-2 just so no one can accidentally hammer swiss.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar Wam Wam Swiss Swiss

Can you give me a rundown of who you know well in this playerlist?
1.) Swiss - werewolf
2.) Laserguy 1 game
3.) Bessie 1 game
4.) Sabrar 1 game
5.) Wam 1 game
6.) Maven89 0 games
7.) Fontisian 0 games(?)
8.) Eido 1 game
9.) Somitomi 1 game
10.) Gorf a very large number of games

So I can confidently read everyone here because Maven and Font don't seem that tricky.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Thanksss

Why is there a ? mark next to Fonti's name?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I have played with everyone at least once but I cannot read anyone with a high degree of confidence. Apart from wam who is clearly scum.

Wam

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar Wam Wam Swiss Swiss

Can you give me a rundown of who you know well in this playerlist?
All the ex xkcd players I have played a lot with.
1.) Swiss - 1 game, plus modding a game he was in.
2.) Laserguy - many games
3.) Bessie - many games,
4.) Sabrar - many games
5.) Wam - how well do any of us know ourselves
6.) Maven89 - a couple of games on here
7.) Fontisian - 1 or 2 games
8.) Eido - 1 ir 2 games
9.) Somitomimany games
10.) Gorf - 2 I think

Wam

Smash Ace
I have played with everyone at least once but I cannot read anyone with a high degree of confidence. Apart from wam who is clearly scum.
I thought we might make it to page 2 before this :) . Also last time I played with font they did a tunnel on me that reminded me of your tunnels sabrar. Maybe you should team up?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm picking up that Wam is uptight in #13 and maybe #24.

Waiting for more people to post.

Because they might be an old DGamer that I forgot
What gave you this impression?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
It's a response to Swiss. Waiting on all players to post so I can get a better sense of the game before judging Wam on his opening.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Can you give an example where other players' posts will influence your current read on Wam?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
And you can't hold a grudge at me just because you shot Ranmaru.
shooting ranmaru is always pro town

vote: eido

not rvs

protip eido: actually interact with your scummate this game so that it’s not baby easy to find them after you flip red

Top Bottom