• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Says you? Mafia (Werewolf) has been around a lot longer than you've been playing it here. Feels like profiling to me
He's right. Unless you played some mafia off-site or something. I don't mind seeing you in.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
McNasty McNasty

Gheb's so welcoming, isn't he?

Anyways. It will be up to Gova whether he lets you in his game; I take it you've played mafia online before?

It's not that we want to exclude anyone, quite the opposite really, we could do with some new talent. It's just there tends to be a sizeable percentage of players that flake out before a week into their first game, and it just makes for headaches all round.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't think Gheb's out of line with the suggestion. When a new face pops up and no one knows their experience level, recommending a newbie game is pretty standard—I mean, that's why we do newbie games. Even if you're familiar with the game, different sites do things differently, etc.

That said, there's no reason you can't jump into a regular game as long as the host is cool with it.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't think Gheb's out of line with the suggestion. When a new face pops up and no one knows their experience level, recommending a newbie game is pretty standard—I mean, that's why we do newbie games. Even if you're familiar with the game, different sites do things differently, etc.

That said, there's no reason you can't jump into a regular game as long as the host is cool with it.
He wasn't. That's the first thing I think of doing when I see a new face sign up for a game. But at the same time if the player seems to have familiarity with the game (which in hindsight is what newbies are really about, exposure) by all means add em to the queue

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
agreed with gheb. i dont give a **** if the dudes played before. show us youre down with this site (which takes a mere matter of days with the minis nowadays) or have a ***** vouch for you due to shared offsite experience. if a new ****** down to ball with us in a regular game that may take a few months or weeks i see no reason he cant take a few days to give us some confidence that he wont contribute to the flaking problem. at the very worst he finds he doesnt enjoy this sites approach to the game but little harm is done cuz its just a mini. low risk high reward

regardless of what gova rules im really likin this encouraging of pointing new ****** to a mini. its fast and circumvents a lot of the headaches that come with traditional newbie games. the only problem i see is that the pace of a mini isnt equivalent to a normal game so they might find themselves somewhat overwhelmed when joining a real one but hey better than nothing

McNasty

Smash Rookie
A GM has the right to impose a reasonable experience requirement for his game.
And I completely agree to that! And I respect all of your seniority in the forums, plus there are over 5 different ways I know how to play the game personally, and that's nothing compared to the total amount of variations the game has, so I do understand why you'd prefer that I prove myself first. BUT I am aloud to make an appeal. No amount of training can prepare a soldier for what it's actually like out on the front line until their put in that position, but they may never make it to the front line unless they're given the chance. Some soldiers go on to be hero's, some go on to die, and some abandon their positions leaving their squad to suffer. That's the fact of the matter. Sometimes life's a gamble.

/Out Large?

/In Small?

I'm willing to participate in the smaller games until I've proved myself if it's needed that much.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
McNasty, more than anything the important thing is that you're willing to show initiative, and aren't just going to bail out the second the game starts moving quickly or people start looking at you.

If you can promise to give it your best effort, that's all most will ask of you. You certainly seem prepared to commit to it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yesss we're arguably ready to go here

Also RIP any last piece of dignity the "starts with R" signup thing had when just "R" gets put up there.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yesss we're arguably ready to go here

Also RIP any last piece of dignity the "starts with R" signup thing had when just "R" gets put up there.
I think you'll find my solution appropriately creative.

Also, if Gova approves McNasty, then his game is ready to go.

McNasty

Smash Rookie
Honestly I'd like to thank everyone here. I'm glad to see such a dedicated group of people running these games. So thank you. Rake's almost through with his MMG so I can join the next one when it's queuing. I'm still also willing to participate in Gova's game if approved.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Thread will go up sometime tomorrow or Monday.

No guarantees though, all my midterms are this week.

:(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For that exact reason, I'm actually pretty glad I'm not in that game.

Top Bottom