• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 6, 2014] The Road to TGC 2! Free food/Free venue! (Houston, Texas)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Welcome to a preview event of Houston’s new tournament series Texas Gaming Championships. This new series, starting with The Road to TGC, marks the beginning of a new chapter in Texas competitive gaming as a whole. TGC is nothing like you have experienced before and will be crafted and perfected by you, the player. Though some games may not be available at first, this series will feature Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X & Y, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Killer Instinct, Ultra Street Fighter 4 and much more. Forget what you think you know about Texas gaming scene and come check out our 2nd pilot event, The Road to TGC!

Date/Time:

December 6th, 2014. Please be at the venue by 10:30am for set-up, registration and warm ups. Registration will cut off at 11:30am and there will be absolutely no admittance into any event after 11:35am. Please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for this day and leaving you house early.

Address/Phone:

Texadelphia
6025 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX, 77057
(713) 785-6700

Games & Event times:

Registration/practice @ 10:00am
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 11:30am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food break @ 4:00pm
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 5:00pm
Leave the venue @ midnight

Event Fees:

Venue Fee = FREE! Players will not be charged a door fee at this event and all attendees can get your tickets on EventBrite. Purchasing your ticket will guarantee you a spot in the venue but if venue capacity is reached, only those with tickets will be let in. Meaning, you do not have to have a ticket but you risk coming to a maxed out venue and being turned away. Be safe, get a ticket and either show us at the venue or show us the ticket on your phone.

FREE food for players who enter at least one event will have access to chicken tenders, chips and drinks sponsored by AirbrushKing. This is a first come first served situation with limited quantity so please be at the venue on time and we will serve as many players as possible.

Smash WiiU+3ds 1vs1= $10
Smash WiiU+3ds 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
Mario Kart 8= $10

Payout:

Smash 4 1vs1/Mario Kart 8/Smash 4 2vs2
1st=55%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

Rules:

All rules for the venue and any event you wish to enter can be found here. Please remember that all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back.

Set-ups:

I strongly recommend players bring a TV/WiiU/Kart 8/Smash WiiU. All controllers (3ds, wiimote+nunchucku, wiiu pro, wii pro, GCN) are legal except the WiiU tablet. If you decide to bring a 3ds and use it as a controller for the WiiU version you MUST bring the 3ds smash game as well. A full setup is extremely important to the speed of the event so please please help me out.

Other:

TGC Facebook Event: The Road to TGC 2

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on SWF at the official Houston Thread or on Facebook in the Houston VGN

TGC and smash 4 events will only get as big as we allow it to be so please share this FB link and invite your friends. If you have any questions at all about anything TGC/Smash 4/Kart related please ask in the thread or PM me.

Last edited:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
TGC Mobile App:

TGC Mobile app will be coming out for Android, Apple and Windows platforms. The schedule release date is early October so I will release more information on this soon!​

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will definitely bring recording equipment for vids.

Xyro77

Is there a tournament ruleset for the Wii U version yet?
No. The game isn't out yet. I'll have a rule set out the day after the game comes out.

Stuff like 3 stock, 7min, no items are returning though. Same as we did for the 3ds version.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Now that we know smash WiiU can have 8 man battles, I might be adding a 4vs4 side event to this TGC event.

Question: should this be a crew battle or teams or a FFA?

Please vote.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
4v4 sounds incredibly gross. I will definitely have the new cap card before this tourney. But will youtube support 60fps vids by then...?

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
4v4 sounds incredibly gross. I will definitely have the new cap card before this tourney. But will youtube support 60fps vids by then...?
YouTube supports 60fps videos now, but they have to be in 720p/1080p. Not sure how things will go by uploading them, though.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
It should be more fun to be able to see every match without having to be 2 feet behind the person.. lol.

Definitely going to this one too ^_^. TGC 1 was fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I already did a video test, so I'm ready to record them. But a whole set will take a while to upload.

Xyro77

Changes have been made to the first post.

If players wish to use their 3ds as a controller for the WiiU version of smash, they MUST bring the 3ds smash game as well. The WiiU will not recognize the 3ds unless it has 3ds smash in it.

Also, i STRONGLY encourage all players to bring a WiiU/Smash WiiU/TV/Kart 8 so that we can end this thing on time. Full set-ups are needed more than anything else at this event.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838

If players wish to use their 3ds as a controller for the WiiU version of smash, they MUST bring the 3ds smash game as well. The WiiU will not recognize the 3ds unless it has 3ds smash in it.

Also, i STRONGLY encourage all players to bring a WiiU/Smash WiiU/TV/Kart 8 so that we can end this thing on time. Full set-ups are needed more than anything else at this event.
I'll help out in taking my wiiU with smash and MK8 and a TV. Also, any news on when/where we'll see the matches posted from this last one?

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259

If things go well for the release you can count on me to bring my setup.

Xyro77

I am unsure, gold mega man. They lost at TGC 1 and then again the very next weekend on their home turf. But that was 3ds so maybe they will return for revenge on the WiiU. That c-stick changes everything.

For those going to the Road to TGC 2 on Dec 6th (it's 26 days away), take a read real quick :)

Each player is responsible for their own WiiU in terms of stages/characters/custom moves. If you get placed on a WiiU that does not have a certain stage/moves/character, you will have to deal with what's there so PLEASE PLEASE have as many custom moves/stages/characters unlocked as possible!

Also, if you do not have a WiiU, you can still enter the tournament with your 3ds as it can connect to the WiiU as a controller but you MUST bring the 3ds smash game and the 3ds in order for this to work.

One last thing, we desperately need full setups. WiiU/kart 8/smash4/TVs is considered a full setup. Please please help this event run faster by bringing full setups.

Edit: please have the latest patch and stage/character DLC for Smash WiiU/Kart 8 as they will be required for smooth tournament play.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The satisfaction of being part of something bigger than yourself.

I'll be bringing 3 TVs and a Wii U with Kart/DLC and Smash Bros w/ 1 GC adapter.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
random question... does it have to be a CRT TV for Smash 4, still? or are we finally over that? lol...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Since Smash 4 is native 1080p, you WANT to play it on a HDTV. Otherwise, it will look booty.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Everyone who brings a full setup (kart+WiiU+TV or smash 4+wiiu+TV) will be compensated at the next event I do. Be it reduced venue fee or free entry into a side event....something. Your work will not go unrewarded. I'll just need to collect your info as soon as you bring the full set-up.

Nanasuki, I highly recommend HD TVs. The days of the CRT are over. Let melee/brawl nerds enjoy that ancient tech.

Last edited:

Xyro77

There is no venue fee. If you bring a full setup I'll reward you at the next TGC you attend.

Housing, yes, sync still houses. He has a mini fest the night before TGC. Great practice before the big day.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I am also curious if Dallas is coming as well. My recording setup is intended to be a spillover for matches that should be recorded but can't wait because of time restraints. But if they don't go, I would not mind having it be the main recording setup. Just no commentary.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Even if they don't go, me needs some more recording, man. Gonna unleash my secret character.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
4v4
Villager only
Big Battlefield

Xyro, I got you covered. I am getting a new 2TB hard drive today. So I'll have 4TB of storage on hand for the tourney. Should cover 12+ hours of recording...I hope.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Xyro, I got you covered. I am getting a new 2TB hard drive today. So I'll have 4TB of storage on hand for the tourney. Should cover 12+ hours of recording...I hope.
That's insane. Thank you, RT.

Xyro77

Hey guys, tonight around 2am central time, the 1st Mario Kart DLC pack will be released. TGC 2 will support the DLC for its Mario Kart 8 event so it is in your best interest to get the DLC and train on the new stages before TGC 2.

To see what you get in the DLC pack, go here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...around_the_legend_of_zelda_x_mario_kart_8_dlc

Also, for those of you that want early practice on the final WiiU version of smash 4, GameStop is doing a smash WiiU demo from 6pm-9pm on Nov 14th. This practice, along with the 15 days of practice after the release of Smash WiiU on Nov 21st is a decent head start in preparation for TGC 2.

To see a list of locations that have the WiiU smash demo, please go here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SuperSmashBros_Demo/

Top Bottom