• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 6, 2014] Matthews Smashers "Holiday Bash"... (Matthews/Charlotte, N.C.)

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
I just asked PPMD if he can attend :)
PPMD is taking a break from tournaments at the moment. I haven't seen him since MSM4. I doubt he would come to this tournament anyways, not until it attracts more people.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Hey if anyone wants to play me in smash 4 I would love it, my id is

TheHylianHero123

Just send me a message when you want to play and we can make a time :)

9nindo

Smash Rookie
NNID
9nindo
nvm about what i said earlier, pilotwings definitely banned

9nindo

Smash Rookie
NNID
9nindo
nvm about what i said earlier, pilotwings definitely banned

lazymp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mpittman17
GameCubeScrub knows what he's talking about.

guyintheback, regardless of what you believe the fees should be, NC players are cheap and the majority are not gonna pay $10 for a venue fee, period. Not to mention the new game just came out, so it's pretty silly to increase the barriers of entry with a high venue fee when this is a good opportunity to grow the scene.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Can you guys lower the venue fee to 5 dollars and raise tourney to 10 each? Maybe give PPMD more of an incentive to come to the tourney? He is actually considering going to the tourney and asked about attendance. More people would be attracted because of a low venue fee. Which means more people which means PPMD coming to the tourney :)!!!

GCS Gaming Customs

Can you guys lower the venue fee to 5 dollars and raise tourney to 10 each? Maybe give PPMD more of an incentive to come to the tourney? He is actually considering going to the tourney and asked about attendance. More people would be attracted because of a low venue fee. Which means more people which means PPMD coming to the tourney :)!!!
Is this ANOTHER GREAT REASON to lower the venue fee? Damn

Last edited:

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
I just asked PPMD if he can attend :)
So uh, why? thats like throwing your money into the garbage. when boss showed up he swept up all the competition and no one even had a chance, why invite someone so good intentionally? I mean it would be cool to meet him and play against him but I really feel like the "gods" showing up at locals and taking peoples money is ugh.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
So uh, why? thats like throwing your money into the garbage. when boss showed up he swept up all the competition and no one even had a chance, why invite someone so good intentionally? I mean it would be cool to meet him and play against him but I really feel like the "gods" showing up at locals and taking peoples money is ugh.
Because it allows us to grow/learn and get better

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I don't really think getting 4 stocked is much learning ._.
You can ask PPMD questions about improving your game. If anything, PPMD is probably the best of the 5 gods to ask questions about. You can learn a lot from him by just talking to him, he gives really great advice. Don't think about the money or winning, think about how you can take this opportunity as a learning experience. That's the most important thing to take away from this if you really want to improve.

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
You can ask PPMD questions about improving your game. If anything, PPMD is probably the best of the 5 gods to ask questions about. You can learn a lot from him by just talking to him, he gives really great advice. Don't think about the money or winning, think about how you can take this opportunity as a learning experience. That's the most important thing to take away from this if you really want to improve.
Alright yeah, that's really well put and I can accept that.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:
2 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
Counter-Picks:
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Omega Stages
  • Kongo Jungle 64
I'm curious about three things on the ruleset.

1. What is the reasoning behind banning Miis?
2. How do you intend on running a starter list with an even number of stages?
3. Why are there so few stages? Skyloft, Delfino Plaza, Wuhu Island, and Duck Hunt all stages that have been legal in a bunch of tournaments (including some I've personally ran) have been using these with no problems or complaints.

Thanks guys, just curious!

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
I'm really hyped for tommorow, my goal isn't to win its to learn as much as possible, and the turnout is looking good.

GCS Gaming Customs

I'm really hyped for tommorow, my goal isn't to win its to learn as much as possible, and the turnout is looking good.
The salt about the venue fee made this thing so popular so now everyone is going lololololol

Last edited:

alyodie

Smash Cadet
I'm curious about three things on the ruleset.

1. What is the reasoning behind banning Miis?
2. How do you intend on running a starter list with an even number of stages?
3. Why are there so few stages? Skyloft, Delfino Plaza, Wuhu Island, and Duck Hunt all stages that have been legal in a bunch of tournaments (including some I've personally ran) have been using these with no problems or complaints.

Thanks guys, just curious!
Thanks for the questions!
First and foremost this is a new game, and are running a loaded tournament (4), so I am certain that we will be adjusting the rule set as we learn more.

1. We banned Mii's for this tournament mainly due to custom moves. We might allow them in the future.
2. Thanks for pointing out the even number of stages, we will adjust that for tomorrow.
3. Why we have so few stages? Just goes to our first time running this game. I know we will add more stages in future tournaments. Thank you for advising us on the other stages that have worked well for your tournaments. That's a great place for us to start.

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
I still think we should have 3 stocks in the wii u instead of 2 stocks.
2 Stocks is whats most used in recent smash Wii U/3DS tournaments. unless you have little mac salt, honestly 2 stocks is fine for this game because it will keep the tourney going at a good pace while still allowing a fair match. 3 in this game takes awhile.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Thanks for the questions!
First and foremost this is a new game, and are running a loaded tournament (4), so I am certain that we will be adjusting the rule set as we learn more.

1. We banned Mii's for this tournament mainly due to custom moves. We might allow them in the future.
2. Thanks for pointing out the even number of stages, we will adjust that for tomorrow.
3. Why we have so few stages? Just goes to our first time running this game. I know we will add more stages in future tournaments. Thank you for advising us on the other stages that have worked well for your tournaments. That's a great place for us to start.
This was an incredibly awesome response! Just to help again, you can have Miis on with customs off, they can retain their own standard moveset OR any custom combination even with customs off. Plus the Mii Customizer allows you to make standard sized Miis as well to be able to be used. so in the future even with customs off you may be able to legalize Miis. I understand some people aren't open to custom moves (especially since unlocking them right now is so difficult >_<) but Miis can still work.

I seriously hope your events goes well though! Thanks for responding :)

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
2 Stocks is whats most used in recent smash Wii U/3DS tournaments. unless you have little mac salt, honestly 2 stocks is fine for this game because it will keep the tourney going at a good pace while still allowing a fair match. 3 in this game takes awhile.
Yea but all brawl tourneys had 3 stocks, and smash 4 is faster than brawl. So shouldn't smash 4 still have 3 stocks?

Top Bottom