• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 6, 2014] Matthews Smashers "Holiday Bash"... (Matthews/Charlotte, N.C.)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone! We hope you had an incredible Holiday! Our next tournament will be on January 24, 2015! Details will be coming soon....

:bowsermelee::falconmelee::dkmelee::drmario::falcomelee::foxmelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::roypm::4metaknight::4megaman::4pikachu::4palutena::4ness::4miisword::4ganondorf:

Hey Smashers!

We want to thank you for making the "Holiday Bash" this past weekend so awesome! Big laughs, fun raffles, tough competition and great experiences
were had by all!

Below are the results of the tournaments! Congratulations to the top 3 winners of all the tourneys and to everyone who came out to compete! Quite frankly, we are amazed by how much you all are improving through this experience and also by your outstanding sportsmanship! Much applause to you all!!

*I apologize for the wait, but I have had major technical difficulties with both the results and the pictures. :-(
RESULTS OF THE "HOLIDAY BASH" TOURNAMENT
(December 6th, 2014)

Project M Singles:

http://challonge.com/MSpmdec

Melee Singles:

http://challonge.com/MSmeleedec
Smash 4 Wii U Singles:
http://challonge.com/MSwiiusinglesdec
Smash 4 Wii U Doubles:

http://challonge.com/MSwiiudoubledec

Stay tuned for the details of our next monthly tournament in January! Our team hopes to see "YOU" there! Until next time, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!
:luigimelee::mariomelee::linkmelee::peachmelee::pikachumelee::roymelee::mewtwopm::roypm::4drmario::4darkpit::4metaknight::4lucina::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::nessmelee::samusmelee::zeldamelee:

WELCOME
to the "HOLIDAY BASH" TOURNAMENT DETAILS on
DECEMBER 6TH...
Which Includes Free Holiday Treats, Amiibo Raffle"s", and Great Smash Competitions!

Registration and Warm-ups: 11:00AM. Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney. Brackets will be seeded by our last 2 tournament results, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!

Start times:
Project M Singles (3.5 version) at 12:00
Melee Singles at 1:30
Smash 4 Wii U Singles at 4:00
Smash 4 Wii U Doubles at 5:30

(All tournaments are double elimination!)

Venue/Door Fee: $10.00 We are in need of 5 complete Wii U set-ups (consisting of Wii U, Smash 4 game with all characters and stages unlocked, and game cube adapter) No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will be refunded $5.00 at the end of the tournament play. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $5.00 per Individual/$10 for doubles! This $5.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4 Singles and Doubles, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!
The Payout:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%
4th place and beyond - Experience!

Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.
Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash 4 Wii U, Melee and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!
Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dream Land
  • Fountain of Dreams
Counter-Pick:
*Pokemon Stadium
Project M Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counter-Pick:
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Wario Ware
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Skyloft
  • Skyworld

Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:
2 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
Counter-Picks:
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Omega Stages
  • Kongo Jungle 64

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT MATTHEWS SMASHERS ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6TH!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!
:4robinm::4drmario::4dedede::4wiifit::4myfriends::4charizard::zerosuitsamus::zelda::wolf::4bowserjr::4ness::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::gw::4link::4lucario::4peach::4palutena:
Last edited: Nov 6, 2014

Hey Smashers,
Thank you for another awesome tournament! Congratulations to the "Top 3" in each tourney (pictured below) and to all who competed and gained more experience! Experience is invaluable.....the more you gain, the better you become! We are looking forward to our next monthly tournament on December 6th, the "Holiday Bash!" Details are being ironed out and will be posted soon! In the mean time, keep on "Smashing" and we hope to see YOU in our next tournament's "Top 3" pictures!!

Melee Winners- (From Left to Right)
1st Place: Vorosh; 2nd Place: GCS; 3rd Place: Cloud
Melee:http://challonge.com/5wwhg7q
Smash 4 3DS Winners (From Right to Left)
1st Place: 6WX; 2nd Place: Vorosh; 3rd Place: ShredMan3

3ds:http://challonge.com/e0fis4qs
Project M Winners -(From left to right)
1st Place: Vorosh; 2nd Place: Marvin; 3rd Place: 6WX

PM:http://challonge.com/2a8p4kxb

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
$5 venue fee $10 entries pls

I know y'all probably got expenses because of the setups and all that, but your going to attract way more people and you'll make em happier with the ^^^ prices. Also, you will pay those expenses off in time, shouldn't take more than a year or two with all these monthlies with a $5 fee.

A lot of people feel that the point of the tournament is taken away when the venue fee is so high and that it is for profits, and thats just not how the smash community and tournaments generally functions

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
PLEASE TELL ME WHICH VERSION OF PROJECT M WE ARE GOING TO DO! 3.5 has. Nerfed many characters and i am starting to to not like it. No more kill moves for Lucas? Like serisouly? Again please tell me. Also make the pot 10$ And the fee 5$and switch it up every other time. Any chance you can increase how often the tourney is?

GCS Gaming Customs

Also make the pot 10$ And the fee 5$and switch it up every other time.
No, just keep $5 venue $10 pot all the time

If y'all have to keep the venue fee $10, you will not hear the end of complaints and your tournament series will not grow, unless you start handing out a free $5 participation award. Just make sure the pot is $10... This series is not as focused around getting better as just showing up and playing in tournament, so its important that the pot holds a more substantial value ($10)

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'd highly recommend making the entry fee $5. You can compensate for this by upping the prices of your food by a bit.

I don't really recommend making the melee singles entry fee $10 cause $10 is more reasonable for a state-wide tournament/regional. I'd recommend at most $7 melee singles entry.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Alright guys, we have heard the same complaint more than enough. Saying it over and over is not going to help it change. Just let us think about it and in time you will get your answer, thank you.

GCS Gaming Customs

Alright guys, we have heard the same complaint more than enough. Saying it over and over is not going to help it change. Just let us think about it and in time you will get your answer, thank you.
Thats nice to hear. Look forward to the next tourney

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Up smash cant kil while they are on the ground... special hitbox with the bat, and the fair and bair suck. Plus they out in delay for when you dair and try to double jump.... The only problem is how are we suppose to practice a previous version if you cant download it anymore?

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
Up smash cant kil while they are on the ground... special hitbox with the bat, and the fair and bair suck. Plus they out in delay for when you dair and try to double jump.... The only problem is how are we suppose to practice a previous version if you cant download it anymore?
No one is going to play 3.02 any more. There's no point in practicing it and it certainly won't be run at the next tournament.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
No one is going to play 3.02 any more. There's no point in practicing it and it certainly won't be run at the next tournament.

I know but I have a feeling people are not going to want to play it because it is 3.5... We probably will but people will not like it as much if you catch my drift @ Nevermind Nevermind

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I think people will like it, but the problem for some people will be dropping the charachters they spent so much time on

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
I know but I have a feeling people are not going to want to play it because it is 3.5... We probably will but people will not like it as much if you catch my drift @ Nevermind Nevermind
I think people will grow more fond of the patch given a bit of time. It's only natural that people should be sour in view of their character's nerfs; and seeing as almost every character was nerfed to at least some extent, it also makes sense that a large proportion of players should initially dislike the patch. Relatively speaking, however, no one character (bar a few) was made completely un-viable, and I believe that the metagame that results from this patch will be far healthier than that of 3.02.

I can certainly empathize with all of the effort you put into 3.02 going to waste, though. My sister and I are trying to work through the same issue, actually, so I encourage you to spend a bit of time in training mode and I think that you'll find the skills that you developed in the last patch transferring far more quickly than you expect. Also: GANONDORF.

alyodie

Smash Cadet

Just to let you know we are planning on playing 3.5

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
@ Nevermind Nevermind I look to playing you in Ganondorf dittos again. Also I feel bad for @Karma having to learn how to play with Sonic Again. Also do you think it is a good idea to do a pot for Doubles in Wii U? It should just be a fun side event instead of money.

GCS Gaming Customs

$10 venue yet only a $5 entry?

lmao this **** would never fly in Raleigh
This and fight night are our only somewhat consistent tournament series, and both have easy to fix flaws like price points at Matthews and management for fight night, that would make them so much better. We seriously appreciate your efforts to run a tourney TOs (it takes a lot of work, and you guys made the step to do it), but just recognize that in this responsibility, there is improvement to be made, and you will lose the support of the community if something isn't done.

If there is something for members of the Charlotte community can do to help (help TO, setup, etc) we would be more than happy to if it means a better tournament experience (a smaller venue fee is the biggest thing and a better stream setup, the tournament ran very smoothly otherwise), and I think many Charlotte players would agree with me.

Last edited:

spespe

Smash Rookie
Hey just wondering what kind of attendance this gets? Also wondering if there is a facebook page. A couple friends and I are thinking of making the trip from South Carolina.

9nindo

Smash Rookie
NNID
9nindo
Just wondering, will this tournament be streamed? :o

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
I know that the rules have already been created for Smash Wii U, but I would like to recommend that the stock count should be 3 instead of 2. I say this because IMO the match is too easily determined by a single mistake or SD. I believe that 3 stocks can really prove who has more skill in the matchup. .

Last edited:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no it doesnt make prize money higher, it only makes venue owners profits higher. prize money is from game fee which is $5

alyodie

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, will this tournament be streamed? :o
This tournament will be recorded and posted like our last tournament. Our goal is to "live" stream our January tournament. We are currently working on updating the internet service.

9nindo

Smash Rookie
NNID
9nindo
I think I will feel awkward for this tournament since I am only 13 so it'll be weird being the youngest there ._. plus im still learning a lot in smash so hopefully I can perform decently well, also why is pilotwings banned? I feel like it should be a counterpick but whatever, it's not my tournament.

Top Bottom