• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Smash @ the Mountain 2017 ($100 Pot Bonus)

Smash @ the Mountain 2017 ($100 Pot Bonus)
Posted by Justinian
Raven's Nest Games
Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
This is Smash @ the Mountain, Georgia's Smash 4 and Rivals of Aether regional tournament to cap off the year 2017, brought to you by a couple of GA's finest TOs and sponsored in part by Ambition eSports. Much of our top talent in both games will be coming out to compete! Food, drinks and snacks will be available for purchase at the venue or at a few surrounding places.

Feel free to also check out the event's Facebook page here. Share it with your friends!

GENERAL INFO:

12:15pm - Doors Open
1pm - Smash 4 Doubles
2pm - Rivals of Aether Doubles
3:30pm - Smash 4 Singles
4:30pm - Rivals of Aether Singles
8pm - Side Events

PREREGISTRATION: smash.gg/satm2017
Not required at all, but makes things easier on us the day of, so please prereg if you plan to come through! You can register at the door, but no signups will be taken after 5 minutes before the slated start time of an event. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you register online, BE SURE TO CHECK IN WITH ME IN-PERSON, SO I CAN MARK YOUR FEES AS PAID. YOU WON'T GO IN BRACKET OTHERWISE.

A dedicated setup for other fighting games including BlazBlue and Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be provided. EVERYONE TO BRING A FULL SETUP (console, adapter, Sm4sh disc, AND MONITOR) WILL GET THEIR VENUE FEE WAIVED if their setup is used in tournament. The first three setups full setups for Rivals (laptop with Rivals installed and adapter) will have their venue fee waived.

$7 venue fee
$5 entry fee for each Smash 4 and Rivals event
Food and snacks sold separately

Payout Structures for Main Events:

<48 entrants: Top 3 - 60 / 30 / 10
48-88 entrants: Top 4 - 55 / 27 / 13 / 5
89-128 entrants: Top 6 - 48 / 24 / 12 / 8 / 4 / 4

There will be a hard cap of 128 entrants for Smash 4 singles and 32 teams for Smash 4 doubles.

RULES:

General
2 Stock / 3 for doubles and Rivals
6 Minute / 8 for doubles and Rivals
Double Elimination

All sets will be Bo3, except Winners' Finals, Losers' Semis, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be Bo5. If there are between 48 and 88 entrants, all of top 6 will be Bo5. If there are between 88 and 128 entrants, all of top 8 will be Bo5.

Miis are allowed all their special moves and standard sizes (guest Miis only).

Sudden death will not be played. If a timeout occurs, the winner is the player with the most stocks, followed by lowest percent. In the event of a complete tie, a one stock, three minute match will be played to determine the results of the game. In the event of a simultaneous last-stock KO, the initiator wins.

Any and all infinites must end before the recipient reaches 300%, otherwise the initiator will lose the game.

All controllers are allowed. However, if a player's controller interferes with the bracket, TOs reserve the right to issue warnings, and, subsequently, disqualifications.

Should one player pause the game mid-match, that player must forfeit their current stock. This rule can be waived with a gentleman's agreement.

Players can call a TO to their station to enforce a blind character pick game 1. The winner of a game picks their character first, after the stage has been determined.

Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Town & City
Lylat Cruise
Dreamland (Counterpick)
Omega Stages (Counterpick)

Standard 1-2-1 striking process, winner of a game gets two bans, one in Bo5. If Final Destination is banned, so are Omegas. Players cannot select the last stage they won on, and players can gentleman to wherever they like.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Notable Confirms:

HyperKirby (GA, :4feroy:)
RosaGetsFit (GA, :4bayonetta:)
AE | Smoof (AL, :4ryu:)
ZB | Mr. Speedman (GA, :4sonic:)
CC (GA, :4sonic:)
Kam Steele (NC, :4fox:)
Luckywind (NC, :4cloud:)
YP | Fatality (GA, :4falcon:)
Tadeo (TN, :4falcon:)
Rango (SC, :4myfriends:)
FS | Salt One (GA, :4cloud: )
MVG | Scatt (GA, :4megaman:)
Luxdre (TN, :4bayonetta:)
Deepblue (NC, :4mario:)
Ak8 (NC, :4zss:)

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
As of today, all Four Horsemen of the GA Sonic apocalypse are confirmed!

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
Oh jesus these guys are gonna chew me up and spit me out. I doubt I'd be lucky enough to be able to bring in a set up and just -watch-, could I? Heh heh heh heh....

How early would you expect someone to need to show up to get one of those console slots?

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Oh jesus these guys are gonna chew me up and spit me out. I doubt I'd be lucky enough to be able to bring in a set up and just -watch-, could I? Heh heh heh heh....

How early would you expect someone to need to show up to get one of those console slots?
Setups are always appreciated! If you bring one and it's used in the tournament, you'll get free venue fee and a free slice of pizza.

If you decide you don't want to bring a setup though, the spectator fee is only $7. If you just walk up to a player/group and ask to play, most people would be happy to oblige! We don't bite ;)

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
Setups are always appreciated! If you bring one and it's used in the tournament, you'll get free venue fee and a free slice of pizza.

If you decide you don't want to bring a setup though, the spectator fee is only $7. If you just walk up to a player/group and ask to play, most people would be happy to oblige! We don't bite ;)
You tell that to any of the Warios, Yoshis, Duck Hunts, Charizards, and other Corrins! :p

I'll probably decide day of if I've got the confidence to actually play, but if I can make it I'll be bringing a full on set up. The only things I don't have are a table and chairs.

Last edited:

Thyst

Smash Rookie
I'm really hyped for this tourney! This would be my(and my friends') first tourney, got any suggestions for me?
We've been practicing quite a bit for this as well!

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
The schedule for this event has been finalized and added to the event description ( B Bashukai !)

Additionally, Fatality :4falcon: recently confirmed his appearance!

Thyst

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! If anyone could bring an extra gamecube controller or two, I would really appreciate it. Mine recently broke and now I'm stuck with my Hori Battle Pad so....
I'm really looking forward to playing all these pros, or even just playing friendlies if I don't make it far in the tournament.
Will there be pools in this tournament? Or are we just playing one match then going into losers and winners?

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
By the way, no signups will be taken after 5 minutes before the slated start time of an event. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
By the way, no signups will be taken after 5 minutes before the slated start time of an event. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Signing up an hour or so beforehand with a set up might still be okay, yes? I'm still on the fence about being a waste of a bracket-slot, but I am wondering how terrible I am....though if I get my tail handed to me by one of the best in the state, what do I have to complain about?

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Signing up an hour or so beforehand with a set up might still be okay, yes? I'm still on the fence about being a waste of a bracket-slot, but I am wondering how terrible I am....though if I get my tail handed to me by one of the best in the state, what do I have to complain about?
Registering in-person an hour ahead of time would be fine, and bringing a setup is obviously much appreciated. There's no such thing as a waste of a bracket slot; all that matters is that you have a good time!

TheMarchingGamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 2683 1067 1325
Registering in-person an hour ahead of time would be fine, and bringing a setup is obviously much appreciated. There's no such thing as a waste of a bracket slot; all that matters is that you have a good time!
You say there's no waste of a bracket until you see my skills

Top Bottom