• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 20, 2014] THE KENTUCKY SMASH CHAMPIONSHIP III (Louisville, Ky)

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman

Kentucky's longest and biggest smash event is finally back and back in action for the 3rd installment THE KENTUCKY SMASH CHAMPIONSHIP 3!!! With our new venue TTD in Louisville Ky we aim to make this a regional size event! Kentucky's melee community will be hosting the event again and the venue will easily hold 100 entrants. This will also be Kentucky's Sm4sh for Wii U debut!!!!

Events
Melee Singles $10 per entrant
Melee Doubles $10 per team
Project M Singles $10 per entrant
Smash Bros. Wii U Singles $10 per entrant
$5 venue fee

Schedule
12:00pm Venue Opens/Reg Begin for all events
1:00pm Melee Doubles Begin
2:00pm Melee SIngles Pools Begin
4:00pm PM Bracket Begins/Havent decided if this event will have pools
5:00pm Melee Bracket Begins top 32
7:00pm Smash Wii U singles bracket begins
12:00pm Venue Closes

Payouts
Melee/PM/Wii U Singles/Doubles

1st-45%
2nd-25%
3rd-
15%
4th-10%
5th-5%

Rules
Melee Singles/Doubles- Most recent apex ruleset
PM singles- Most recent 3.5 ruleset and tbd
Wii U- Although the game will still be very fresh the most popular ruleset will be used

Please pick up after yourselves there are various trash can's around the venue.
Food isnt a problem the venue serves drinks and snacks as well as Old Chicago/Burger King/Taco Bell are all right next door!

Kentucky Melee will be streaming the event!
Twitch.tv/KentuckyMelee

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Lets be real.... no one is really going to play Wii U so lets so a different event like Melee low tiers (B and F tiers) or PM doubles... haha.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Dude I'm totally down we have a time slot for 1 more event for rizzle my nizzle like the ky mario champion or mario draft crew battle or f tier tourney

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
You should probably make Smash 4 $10 as well, also is doubles for smash 4 happening? Because it is not listed in events, but is mentioned later.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Idk homie. If the audience is there then totally. Idc, I was just looking out for the tournament as a whole.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Idk homie. If the audience is there then totally. Idc, I was just looking out for the tournament as a whole.
Well, we actually have A LOT of smash 4 players. In fact, many old-school brawl players are into it. And guess where all of those old-school players live? Louisville.

Then you have a ton of Lexington players, that all will travel to any Smash 4 tournament. At that point, you have quite a bit of entrants, and Cincinnati may come. Mix that with $10 entry, and you may get quite a bit more, especially with this being a regional sized event.

I know you are looking out for the tournament, but since we ARE running Smash 4, we need to advertise/support it 100%. If KY grows in one scene, it grows in all of them.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Well, we actually have A LOT of smash 4 players. In fact, many old-school brawl players are into it. And guess where all of those old-school players live? Louisville.

Then you have a ton of Lexington players, that all will travel to any Smash 4 tournament. At that point, you have quite a bit of entrants, and Cincinnati may come. Mix that with $10 entry, and you may get quite a bit more, especially with this being a regional sized event.

I know you are looking out for the tournament, but since we ARE running Smash 4, we need to advertise/support it 100%. If KY grows in one scene, it grows in all of them.
Of course, I wasn't taking shots at it I just wasn't aware of the scene it produced. It doesn't matter to me though since it's not my tournament.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I suggest that every event should be $5 with melee singles being the only exception and possibly project M. I personally do not think smash 4 will grab the attention of new players or melee players if it is $10. In order to maximize entrants $5 seems best for every event, ESPECIALLY smash 4, since the melee scene is already pretty established I can see it being a $10 event but for a new scene with no real estimated number of entrants, $5 seems best. This may not be the case at all and I may be crazy but I cant see smash 4's first wii U tourney in the area drawing as many entrants with the higher fee.

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I suggest that every event should be $5 with melee singles being the only exception and possibly project M. I personally do not think smash 4 will grab the attention of new players or melee players if it is $10. In order to maximize entrants $5 seems best for every event, ESPECIALLY smash 4, since the melee scene is already pretty established I can see it being a $10 event but for a new scene with no real estimated number of entrants, $5 seems best. This may not be the case at all and I may be crazy but I cant see smash 4's first wii U tourney in the area drawing as many entrants with the higher fee.
I'm not the only one! haha. No one from Lex will come just for $10 Wii U Sm4sh singles.

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
Looking for melee dubs partner. I play fox and falcon in doubles and maybe few games with the Ice Climbers if anyone is feeling picante enough to keep up with that nonsense in doubles.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I'm totally interested in entering for smash 4 singles and maybe PM if I have a spare 10 bucks. I really hope to see KY's scene grow with the new game and all.

kjrraw

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere but I couldn't find it. Is there an age limit? My son is 13 and would like to enter. Also we live in Evansville, IN and I was wondering if we could pre-register? I don't want to drive 2 hours and find out there were too many participants for him to participate. Thank you.

Broverdose

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere but I couldn't find it. Is there an age limit? My son is 13 and would like to enter. Also we live in Evansville, IN and I was wondering if we could pre-register? I don't want to drive 2 hours and find out there were too many participants for him to participate. Thank you.
There is no age limit, and no need to pre-register as long as you arrive at the specified time to register, remember ky is EST tho if you're coming from evansville.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Hey, im coming fron evansville as well. If you wanna carpool with me and some of the other evansville guys, let me know. All youll need to do is help out on gas.

Edit: somehow overlooked the fact that you said it was for your son, my bad lol.

Last edited:

Qwins

Smash Rookie
Definitely going for PM and Wii U.
Wii U means I can actually contribute a setup :D

Ikemain77

Smash Rookie
Interesting. I might take a few friends. Will there be some kind of smash 4 doubles?

Last edited:

Cinatas

Smash Cadet
NNID
cinatas
Whats the latest i can register for the smash 4 wii u?

Top Bottom