• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 20, 2014] Kentucky Smash Championship 3 [ Melee, Project M , Smash... (Louisville, Kentucky)

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin

The Kentucky Smash Championship is back again with its third installment. The venue has been changed to Through The Decades in Louisville, KY. The tourney will be ran by Goodin, KellyK, and a special guest from NorCal: Patrick (Ghidora) along with assistance from the rest of the Louisville scene. This time around, we will be featuring a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U side tournament. The event will have open friendlies when a TV set is available but please be respectful to those who need to play a bracket match. The event details are as listed below.

Venue Details

• Through the Decades is near Old Chicago Pizza and the ever elusive Subway if you decide you want some food.
  • The venue itself sells snack items for $1.
  • It is big enough to hold 100+ participants.
  • If you are interested in cards, they have a massive selection TCG card.
  • If all goes according to plan, we will have at least one stream set up (details at bottom of page).
  • Pic of Venue:

Event List
  • Melee Singles & Doubles - $10 ($20 per team)
  • Project M Singles - $5
  • Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles - $5
  • Venue Fee - $5 (Bringing a set up will waive venue fee, details at the bottom of this post)
Tentative Schedule:
  • 12:00pm - Venue opens
  • 12:30pm - Registration starts
  • 1:00pm- Registration ends
  • 1:00pm - Melee Doubles & Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles (No pools for either)
  • 3:00pm - Melee Singles pools start
  • 4:30pm- Project M Singles ( If PM breaks 48, there will be pools at this time and a top 16 bracket at 8:00pm)
  • 6:00pm - Melee Top 32
  • -
  • - Time allotted for the conclusion of brackets / friendlies / crew battles / whatever
  • -
  • 12:00am - Venue Closes
Payouts
Melee Singles
  • 1st - 55%
  • 2nd - 25%
  • 3rd - 10%
  • 4th - 5%
  • 5th/5th - 3% (the extra 1% will be rounded down from the 5th place winnings)
Project M Singles / Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles / Melee Doubles
  • 1st - 55%
  • 2nd - 30%
  • 3rd - 15%

Rule Sets
Melee Singles

Rules:
  • 4 Stocks 8 Minutes
  • Pause Disabled
  • Round robin pools eliminate to a 32 man bracket
  • Pools rounds best of 3
  • Double elimination bracket best of 3
  • Winners Semis and further will be best of 5 no bans
  • Striking Order 1-2-2-1
  • Dave's Modified Stupid Rule (in a best of 5, you cannot pick the last stage you won on)
Starter Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dream Land
Counter Picks:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Melee Doubles

Rules:

• 4 Stocks 8 Minutes
  • Pause Disabled
  • Seeded bracket (no pools)
  • Winners Semis and further will be best of 5 no bans
  • Striking Order: 1-2-2-1
  • Dave's Modified Stupid Rule (in a best of 5, you cannot pick the last stage you won on)
Starter Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Dream Land
Counter Picks:
  • Kongo Jungle 64
Project M Singles

Rules:

• 4 Stocks 8 Minutes
  • Pause Disabled
  • Bracket sets with winner getting 2 bans
  • Winners Semis and further will be best of 5 with winner getting 1 ban
  • Striking Order 1-2-2-1-2-1
Starter Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dream Land
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
Counter Picks:
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshis Island
  • Wario Ware, Inc.
  • Norfair
  • Green Hill Zone
Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles

Rules

• 2 Stocks 6 Minutes
  • Double elimination bracket best of 3 ( No Pools)
  • Bracket sets with winner getting 1 ban
  • Striking Order 1-2-2-1
  • You may not chose a stage you have already won on
Starter Stages:
  • Final Destination ( or any omega stage)
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
Counter Picks:
  • Duck Hunt
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Castle Siege
A few last things that need to be detailed:
  • Venue Fee Discounts : Bringing a CRT TV or HD TV with no console does not merit a discount
  • _________________ : Bringing a Wii or a Gamecube alone does not merit a discount
  • _________________ : Bringing a Wii U Waives your venue fee
  • _________________ : Bringing a full set up ( TV + Console + Game) waives entire fee
  • Please be respectful of the venue and throw away all trash.
  • Be a responsible human being in general as this is our first time running a large event at this venue and we want to make a healthy impression for the benefit of the smash scene in general.
  • Bring your own controller. If you have a Gamecube adapter for the Wii U it would be nice if you could also bring that as there is no guarantee we will have enough without your help.
*PLEASE BRING SET UPS. NO SET UPS = NO SMASH BROTHERS. WE WILL HAVE A FEW TO START WITH BUT WE NEED THE COMMUNITY TO PITCH IN*
Though we ask of you to bring set ups, the venue nor the Tournament Organizers are
responsible for your personal
equipment, we will provide safety precautions such as zip ties and an equipment sign in / sign out sheet but it is your job to walk in with a Wii and walk out with the same one.

Things you should check out:

Event page : https://www.facebook.com/events/1544775565757219/
Venue page : https://www.facebook.com/ThroughTheDecadesSportsCardsGaming
Potential Streams : http://www.twitch.tv/Louisvillemelee
______________: http://www.twitch.tv/goodin_

We hope to see you there! Any major changes made to this page will be detailed down here!

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey there @ Goodin Goodin ! I was looking over your stagelist for Wii U and as a fellow TO I was wondering about a few stages I didn't see on there and was wondering if you could explain the reasoning behind those decisions.

My largest one would be Skyloft, especially as you have Delfino Legal. I would also mention Wuhu Island as it has had good results in my events but I know some people have reservations. I am also curious as to why Pokemon Stadium 2 is not on the list, it has had a lot of success on Anther's Ladder, the largest online matchmaking site for smash 4 and has yet to cause issues in my tournaments though I am less surprised not seeing it on here as it is a bit questionable to some. I would love to hear your thoughts on why those stages shouldn't be legal if you have the time.

Last edited:

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Hey there @ Goodin Goodin ! I was looking over your stagelist for Wii U and as a fellow TO I was wondering about a few stages I didn't see on there and was wondering if you could explain the reasoning behind those decisions.

My largest one would be Skyloft, especially as you have Delfino Legal. I would also mention Wuhu Island as it has had good results in my events but I know some people have reservations. I am also curious as to why Pokemon Stadium 2 is not on the list, it has had a lot of success on Anther's Ladder, the largest online matchmaking site for smash 4 and has yet to cause issues in my tournaments though I am less surprised not seeing it on here as it is a bit questionable to some. I would love to hear your thoughts on why those stages shouldn't be legal if you have the time.
To be honest I do not know much about the smash 4 stagelist so i used keitaro's. If any of the players who come to the event think there should be more stages, i would be open to changing the stage list.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
To be honest I do not know much about the smash 4 stagelist so i used keitaro's. If any of the players who come to the event think there should be more stages, i would be open to changing the stage list.
Other players may in your situation though and not understand stages so they may not even know to ask. If anything, just pop in Skylofrt and you'll probably be just fine. It's definitely on a tameness level equal to or even better then Delfino.

Ikemain77

Smash Rookie
Will there be a lexington vs Louisville crew battle? And if so what game will it be on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom