• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest The 2016 Fort Worth Classic

The 2016 Fort Worth Classic
Posted by Sanji Himura
La Quinta Inns and Suites - Fort Worth/Lake Worth
Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
The Fort Worth Classic RETURNS! This year I am teaming up with Test of Might to present you with the end of the year's biggest bash. Come and fight your way to fantastic prizes.

Information that you need to know:

Venue:
La Quinta Inns and Suites - Fort Worth/Lake Worth
5800 Quebec Street
Fort Worth, TX 76135

Date: December 17th, 2016

Pre-Registration Link: smash.gg/fwc2016

Venue Fee - $10
*Venue fee will be waived if you bring complete setups (TV, WiiU, Smash 4 and Gamecube adapters). Pay $5 in venue if you bring a partial set up.

Games:
Smash 4
$10 Singles
$20 per team on Doubles

Melee

$5 Singles
$10 Doubles (Per Team)

NOTE: PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED IF YOU WANT SEEDING! You have the option to pay at the door, but please preregister to reserve your right to be seeded at smash.gg/fwc2016. I will have full registration at the door, but you will be at my mercy when it regards to seeding. Fair warning.

Payouts:
If less than 10 players for an event, it will be winner take all. Anything above 11 players, the payout will be 60/30/10 (Break Even).

Rules:

All Rules are streamlined here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14QAxIsE_6DIdGizhauzMHD05TwOAGOClR4_Y7ATXQXA/edit?usp=sharing

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Gentlemen, I screwed up. I was asked whether or not I will allow Wiimotes as a method of control. Short answer? Yes. Long answer? Here is a master list of what is an acceptable method of control for the Classic:

WiiU Pro Controller
Wiimotes (with any accessories)
Gamecube controllers (wired or wireless on a dongle)

You may notice that there is a lacking omission: the 3DS. That remains banned as well as the WiiU tablet for obvious reasons.

The reason for the oversight is I copied the rule set from EVO, and when I had them streamlined, I asked Sergio to dot my i's and cross my t's. We both missed it.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
There was an unforseen complication in the reservation of the meeting room, and so I will have to delay the Fort Worth Classic indefinitely. Martin and I will talk it over as soon as possible and will get back with you ASAP.

Top Bottom