• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debute Smile Idol: Tsubasa Oribe for Smash Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE #Encore Confirmed. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Supporting her, i really hope her stage has Reincarnation as one of the songs!
This is a must.

It's one of the best songs in the entire game. I hope Avex plays nice in allowing the rights to that song.

Added you and kool to the list.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
New topic, would anyone expect TMS to get a Switch port in another attempt to boost the sales of the original? With more Wii U ports lately and the success of them, I do feel the game would benefit from that.

I support this! And not because she is so f***ing hot!
We'll see.

Added.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
New topic, would anyone expect TMS to get a Switch port in another attempt to boost the sales of the original? With more Wii U ports lately and the success of them, I do feel the game would benefit from that
I would love to see it. Considering that most Wii U games are getting ported to Switch and some of them to 3DS, I could definitely see that happening.

D

Deleted member

People have been having the idea a small amount lately of a new IP in Smash getting a character that isn't the main character but an important one who would be more unique. Kind of like how they chose Robin instead of Chrom in Smash 4.

Do I think this would happen with TMS by having Tsubasa get in over Itsuki? No.

But either way you can consider me a Tsubasa supporter. Let's be honest this is probably the only way we could really get a Pegasus Knight in Smash anyway :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just a heads up, she is being rated in the rtc now. Back her up if you all can.

I'll add both @psb123 and smashkirby smashkirby

Not only that, but lower you expectations. With the new leak going around, don't be shocked if she won't be in the final game. Or even DLC.

EDIT: Smashkirby is on the list already. Disregard what I've said.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry for the double post, but Tsubasa is a Spirit.

Given the competition now, chances are low for her being a DLC fighter. It was fun while it lasted.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Apologies, for the triple post. Not that it matters since I will be leaving this site for a long time.

Whoever supports our Smile Idol Tsubasa can feel free to own this thread.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
May I be added to her "Fan Club"? :p
Now that I am back might as well.

Not that I am expecting any more TMS fans to show up. I will be shocked if anyone knows of her just because of her Spirit.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
While I'm glad that Tsubasa (as well as ANY TMS content, for that matter) made it into Smash, do you think Nintendo will expand on this?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tsubasa got lucky to be a Spirit

After Tokyo Mirage Sessions flopped, I doubt it will get anything else. The game is 3 years old now and haven't gotten much since the concert it had in Japan 2 years ago.

So it's safe to say Tsubasa's time to shine is over.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Bear in mind that Tokyo Mirage Sessions may be well received, but it is the worst selling FE game and SMT game.

So at best, I would expect a TMS port for the Switch since investing in a sequel after the initial sales would be too risky.

That being said, I like how she is implemented as a Spirit, it feels very faithful with the addition jump. What if her having good jumps or three jumps is a unique gimmick to her as a pegasus knight?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bear in mind that Tokyo Mirage Sessions may be well received, but it is the worst selling FE game and SMT game.

So at best, I would expect a TMS port for the Switch since investing in a sequel after the initial sales would be too risky.

That being said, I like how she is implemented as a Spirit, it feels very faithful with the addition jump. What if her having good jumps or three jumps is a unique gimmick to her as a Pegasus knight?
Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of folks suggest a Switch port of TMS, and even I see that being the most likely scenario.

As for Tsubasa being a Spirit, I have been wondering why her soul grants you an extra midair jump, so thanks for the explanation there!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I really question how much time people have on their hands to make demon circles when a Nintendo Direct is coming.

A Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE port is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it being revealed in 3 hours. Maybe next year or later this year.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I really question how much time people have on their hands to make demon circles when a Nintendo Direct is coming.

A Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE port is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it being revealed in 3 hours. Maybe next year or later this year.
Well then, the summon worked. We got Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE #Encore. That was the biggest surprise of the direct and it won me over.

I want to say this makes Tsubasa likelier for Smash, but I would not bet on it when Avex’s music is licensing hell.

I am so happy today. Definitely giving this a buy.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly? I'm so happy to see Nintendo giving this game at least one more go. Hopefully it'll make bigger waves on the Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Honestly? I'm so happy to see Nintendo giving this game at least one more go. Hopefully it'll make bigger waves on the Switch.
I hope it does too.

There’s already new levels, new songs, and everyone is playable this time (even Tiki). So there’s more than enough reasons to get it unless people will sadly boycott it again because of censorship.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Honestly,I'm kinda surprised that we had to wait for a remaster for Tiki to be playable in the game when her whole thing in canon is being super overpowered despite looking a cute little girl.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Honestly,I'm kinda surprised that we had to wait for a remaster for Tiki to be playable in the game when her whole thing in canon is being super overpowered despite looking a cute little girl.
Yes, that will have to be the best part for me. She is likely the Manakete unit that transforms to breathe fire. I can’t see her not doing that.

Maiko appears to be Azura, she is wearing her same Nohr outfit. The bigger question is Barry, who is his Mirage?

amageish

Smash Master
Hello! I've not been in this thread before, but I figured this will become the new home of TMS#FE speculation, so I'm here!

Yes, that will have to be the best part for me. She is likely the Manakete unit that transforms to breathe fire. I can’t see her not doing that.

Maiko appears to be Azura, she is wearing her same Nohr outfit. The bigger question is Barry, who is his Mirage?
The prospects of Azura opens the door to really any FE character, so that leaves a lot of options for Barry... I'd be surprised if they didn't include a Three Houses rep somewhere, but how classes work in that game allows for basically any character who work with Barry if the devs want them to. His outfit is based on his dog costume, so that doesn't really give any clues...

I do wonder how these new characters will work with regards to the side-stories already present in the game... Do they join as part of those side-stories, or are they adding new ones? I am going to be very heart-broken if Tiki's playable status removes our encounter with TIki=Waifu, as that was one of the funniest characters in the game.

Also, Tsubasa seems to have stolen Futaba's glasses. Seriously, they seem to be the same design.

I am really hoping the game does well, but the fact the calls for boycott have already restarted makes me a bit nervous... The combat system is so incredibly fun that I would love to see it get sequels.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice

Im just confused on what the mentality of making Tiki a noncombatant NPC in the original was.Here you have a character who in their source material is so obscenely powerful that even as a newborn was sealed away by her mother out of fear that shed destroy the earth if she ever went bad and you decide to make them a powerless noncombatant?Were the writers just scared that she'd overshadow the rest of the cast so they just went to the opposite extreme?
Even then,they could've just made her join late game or just nerf her to be on the level of the other characters.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Im just confused on what the mentality of making Tiki a noncombatant NPC in the original was.Here you have a character who in their source material is so obscenely powerful that even as a newborn was sealed away by her mother out of fear that shed destroy the earth if she ever went bad and you decide to make them a powerless noncombatant?Were the writers just scared that she'd overshadow the rest of the cast so they just went to the opposite extreme?
Even then,they could've just made her join late game or just nerf her to be on the level of the other characters.
You are right. The decision to make Tiki a supporting character and not playable was odd from the start. Her serving an Igor role is alright, but the original game had some troubles production where Barry and Maiko were never playable. Maybe with more development time, they would had made it work. I can’t complain now that the Switch port is addressing these issues. I am curious, how will they handle the one side quest where Tiki has to leave to her original world? Even if it was a fake out that had her reappear the next day.

Hello! I've not been in this thread before, but I figured this will become the new home of TMS#FE speculation, so I'm here!

The prospects of Azura opens the door to really any FE character, so that leaves a lot of options for Barry... I'd be surprised if they didn't include a Three Houses rep somewhere, but how classes work in that game allows for basically any character who work with Barry if the devs want them to. His outfit is based on his dog costume, so that doesn't really give any clues...

I do wonder how these new characters will work with regards to the side-stories already present in the game... Do they join as part of those side-stories, or are they adding new ones? I am going to be very heart-broken if Tiki's playable status removes our encounter with TIki=Waifu, as that was one of the funniest characters in the game.

Also, Tsubasa seems to have stolen Futaba's glasses. Seriously, they seem to be the same design.

I am really hoping the game does well, but the fact the calls for boycott have already restarted makes me a bit nervous... The combat system is so incredibly fun that I would love to see it get sequels.
I would love a sequel quite a lot too. With them addressing some issues by having everyone playable and a fast forward button for session attacks, they do not want this game to be more popular. It gotten good reviews world wide for what it was, just did not sell well. I have the feeling the CD special editions sales and the Japanese concert is why we are getting the port. I got to love how dedicated Japanese fans are for Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Part of me wants to revive my Itsuki thread, but he is pretty much dead. Not a spirit and he gets less promotional material than Tsubasa.

Congrats on the port being a reality, I am willing to get it. New party members and costumes? Worth a buy.

Not sure what this means for Tsubasa and Smash, but she is no longer irrelevant. That is a start

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Part of me wants to revive my Itsuki thread, but he is pretty much dead. Not a spirit and he gets less promotional material than Tsubasa.

Congrats on the port being a reality, I am willing to get it. New party members and costumes? Worth a buy.

Not sure what this means for Tsubasa and Smash, but she is no longer irrelevant. That is a start
We just got to hope. The bigger problem is the music.

All original J-Pop songs are composed by Avex, a massive music production company. It will be expensive to even get more than one song. As much as I want Dream Catcher and Reincarnation, only one song can make it. Ring Ding Dong from Style Savvy is from the same company and probably costed and arm and leg to even be in Smash.

If all else fails, they could just use the battle music and location themes. That would be less expensive than having 3 or more vocal songs from Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So our good FE fanatic Oscar has some things pointed out.

Can say I like some of the new ideas here. Also, there are some rumors of the game being the same internationally this time. Only time will tell. Because NOA been a bit hush hush on some details. But the evidence like the digital filesize been the same in all regions and the website updates with Tsubasa's original feel outfit seems like clear evidence.

amageish

Smash Master

Tsubasa's glasses may win for the weirdest changes I've seen in an enhanced ATLUS port. As it looks less like a new accessory and more like a permanent thing she wears in her non-idolsphere form... I guess it's good that she can see things clearer now?

Can say I like some of the new ideas here. Also, there are some rumors of the game being the same internationally this time. Only time will tell. Because NOA been a bit hush hush on some details. But the evidence like the digital filesize been the same in all regions and the website updates with Tsubasa's original feel outfit seems like clear evidence.
I honestly don't care much about the regional differences - I thought they were entertainingly stupid at worst - but I know this is a dealbreaker for some people, so hopefully it gets resolved in a way that leaves everyone satisfied...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We finally got some news, but this one may be a bit controversial.

The Japanese version will be based on the Western version we had. Kind of vague, but it is clear what is happening. Won't sit well with the Japanese audience. But we only know so little of the port overall. It will be out in 4 months, they should try and reveal more stuff to market it more.

https://nintendoeverything.com/toky...n-version-of-the-wii-u-original-with-changes/

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We finally got some news, but this one may be a bit controversial.

The Japanese version will be based on the Western version we had. Kind of vague, but it is clear what is happening. Won't sit well with the Japanese audience. But we only know so little of the port overall. It will be out in 4 months, they should try and reveal more stuff to market it more.

https://nintendoeverything.com/toky...n-version-of-the-wii-u-original-with-changes/
If it makes you feel better, the website apparently says there will be new songs, costumes, dungeons and scenarios. I honestly don't care about censorship as long as the game is good (though I think I'm in the minority on that), so I'll get it anyways, as I never played the original.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I will say this, what Atlus did is the biggest and worse PR move they ever did for their games. But good on Nintendo for allowing refunds in Japan. That is a rareity since usually they never allow it with video game preorders. Believe it or not.

In more positive news, the game is the most anticipated according to Famitsu, so I can say a majority seem to want the game regardless of this.

Only time will tell. But I will have that hype responsibility and not expect it to sell super well. Maybe better than the Wii U original, but not by a massive margin.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry for the double post, but this is important. We got more news for Encore. As always, NoJ is superior at marketing. Having 2 informational videos for those that never played the original. Very informative compared to NoE and NoA talking about the few new features the Encore version has. But the less we remember DJ Master Seal, the better.

I hope they market the game better this time around. It needs to outdo the Wii U original.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post, but this is important. We got more news for Encore. As always, NoJ is superior at marketing. Having 2 informational videos for those that never played the original. Very informative compared to NoE and NoA talking about the few new features the Encore version has. But the less we remember DJ Master Seal, the better.

I hope they market the game better this time around. It needs to outdo the Wii U original.
Well, not to sound rude, but can someone provide a translation for all that? As far as I'm concerned, there are only two languages: English and Not-English.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, not to sound rude, but can someone provide a translation for all that? As far as I'm concerned, there are only two languages: English and Not-English.
The first one is pretty straightforward, it explains mostly the gameplay system and new features. Some we already know about like session attacks and enemy weaknesses and aspects like the new costumes.

The second one is just talking about the character's and their own stories for the plot, same for how you can achieve their sideqests with Itsuki. One thing new is Tsubasa singing Reincarnation, which is at least one of the few new songs the game will get.

Not sure why NOA is too lazy to dub these trailers. Not like they can screw it up again by having a new DJ Master Seal-tier VA do the commentary. Those were dark days.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know if anybody noticed, but Nintendo released a preview of one of the new songs on Twitter. I wouldn't read the comments, though. The censorship debate is as strong as ever.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The influx of fanart is surprising. Japan is still excited for it despite the initial controversy. Also, the promotional site features the songs of the game USB’s as good. Nintendo seems to want this game to do better.

And I heard a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Discord exists. Is it active or one of those slow servers?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Less than two weeks left, I am excited for Encore and letting nothing get me down. The ads from all branches had been good, but I still think Nintendo of Japan is doing the best job at marketing. WE can only wonder how much better the sales will be from the Japanese version.

And that TMS server I anything but dead. I joined it and it seems to be the nicest community ever. I could make a group DM and invite some of you if you are interested. You all will not regret it at all.

And to get the ball rolling, how many of you are hyped for Encore coming this month? You all know I am

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Cool. This thread exists. Tsubasa is one of my Top 10 most wanted in Smash. I'm already rooting for someone to rise from spirit status but don't mean I can't hope for more so put me on the support list. Was surprised a Tokyo Mirage Session character was a no-show as a fighter. You'd think there'd be one in the base roster. Anyways Tsubasa always struck me as the real main character of the game IMO so if anyone from TMS, it oughta be her.

Top Bottom