• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debug menu with other codes crashes Dolphin

Sour-Slug

Smash Rookie
If I have any codes on my game then accessing the debug menu always results in a crash and I am not sure why. Even on a fresh melee iso. Dolphin has no AR or Gecko codes enabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
If you're installing with MCM, make sure you have the "Debug Mode Region" disabled in your Code-Space Options. Any ISOs you install to with this option enabled will free up the functions used for displaying the debug menu -- making them unavailable.

Make sure this region is unchecked. If you need to restore this region, you can use the highlighted button.

DRGN

Technowizard
This seems to be somewhat of a common mistake. I should have the next version come with that region unchecked by default.

Maybe the Aux Code Regions too. UnclePunch UnclePunch did you say that some of the functions in the Aux Code Regions are needed by your Enable OSReport Print on Crash code? I'm wondering if that region could just be shortened or broken up instead so we can still use the rest of the space there. Even if this might be a temporary matter, considering the other methods of injecting we talked about before.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
This seems to be somewhat of a common mistake. I should have the next version come with that region unchecked by default.

Maybe the Aux Code Regions too. UnclePunch UnclePunch did you say that some of the functions in the Aux Code Regions are needed by your Enable OSReport Print on Crash code? I'm wondering if that region could just be shortened or broken up instead so we can still use the rest of the space there. Even if this might be a temporary matter, considering the other methods of injecting we talked about before.
Yeah I'll look into exactly how much of that is crucial to displaying the stack dump. I also think MCM should add that code by default. Info like that couldn't hurt.

Top Bottom