• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Of The Wii Shop (And chance of smash 64 on wii)

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
On January 30th, 2019, The Wii Shop not be able to be used.... Forever. The wii introduced the Virtual Console, A thing used for Wii, 3ds, and Wii U. It has many from older Nintendo consoles, Including smash 64. The Wii U did not have smash 64 on it's virtual console. And once the channel is gone, Getting a new smash 64 for the wii can't happen any more.

What are your thoughts on this. Have you ever owned smash 64? Let me know, anyway sansdude246 signing out.

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
Quick note: The sansdude is not a mistake rather a way to show how I like memes and other weird crud

ZeusExMachina

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
I already have 64 for the Wii, but yeah, this really sucks, I've always thought it was awesome that I could play Melee Brawl and 64 all on one console, the Wii Shop was my childhood, and it's sad to see it go.

ZeusExMachina

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
Also, is there a way to get more wii points to buy stuff before it shuts down, can I purchase points, or is there nothing I can do?

Annex

Smash Ace
RIP

however, VC 64 had many problems
we will always have console, until the carts start to rot, but even then we will have emulator

all is ok

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I own the North American and Japanese cartridges of Super Smash Bros. and I've also got both ROMs on my EverDrive 64. Nonetheless, I still purchased the Virtual Console version because it looks better on my HDTV thanks to the Wii's native component output. I also like the fact that I can play the Wii version with my GameCube controller. Smash 64 probably looks the best on my PC although I don't like using the Xbox 360 controller to play nearly as much as I enjoy using the N64 or GC controllers.

DorboDIO

Smash Rookie
Darn! i know i'm late but it sucks that the wii shop is now officially down :(

GhostM

Phantom
I purchased the game from the Wii Shop many years ago before it even shut down. I sometimes play it every now and then, but would rather play the game with an N64 controller. I’m pretty sure you can use WAD Manager to install a VC copy of Smash 64 on your home screen.

Top Bottom