• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death of Diddy

D

Deleted member

Doesn't even matter seagull, you'll just flock to the next broken character you find.

3.02, diddy nanners, 3.5, timmy turners pink hat

!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
I'm actually glad, because I'm kind of tired of Diddy being hated in every smash game that he's in.
I'm using Diddy even if he's bottom tier.

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Doesn't even matter seagull, you'll just flock to the next broken character you find.

3.02, diddy nanners, 3.5, timmy turners pink hat
son we all know double dee's ski hat is gonna be mad broken it hard counters timmy turner smh

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
As long as diddy has his fun mechanics and a semblance of his dirty set ups I'll still lab him up and play him.
I'm excited for his changes so he can grow as a character and grow away from relying on the silly, easy answer for all situations that is dd with a banana

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Whelp a lot of diddys died from the 3.5 nerfs, but don't worry I didn't.(insert Julia Roberts face) Seriously though is there a list of diddy's changes? I just hope combo game didn't get hit.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Still happy that strong vs weak Side-b doesn't rely on strict Smash input but rather holding back or not

Last edited:

Ouroboro

Smash Cadet
I really hope that there are no Diddy mains who drop the character after the patch. That would kinda speak volumes about the kinda player you are. I expect a sense of loyalty to one's main as I would expect loyalty to Lucas or Mario, or Mewtwo.

Unless you main Link.

-Ran

Smash Master
Diddy Kong Changelist

Tilts
-Forward Tilt hitboxes redone. (tilt angle Hi/Med/Low) DMG 12/12/11 -> 13/12/11, flub DMG 10/9/8, (hitboxes tip/body) angle 35/40, KBG 110/100 -> 100/100.
-Up Tilt angle normalized to 110 angle, 40 BKB.

Smashes
-Forward Smash
--Angle on first hit 10 -> 20
--KBG on second hit 115 -> 100
--2 frames removed between hits, adjusted to match new animation.
--first hit normalized SDI and hitlag (increased to 1.0x for each)
-Up Smash
--Has an added hitbox on Diddy's hip for all 3 hits. SDI on first two hits increased from 0.4 -> 0.5
--First two hits damage decreased 3 -> 2. Final hit increased damage to compensate 9 -> 11
--BKB 70 -> 30, KBG 100 -> 108, reduced to remove low percent launches, while still killing around the same percents.
--Endlag increased from 42 frames -> 50 frames.

Aerials
-Neural Aerial
--Hitbox sizes slightly increased.
--Strong hit damage 12 -> 13, BKB 30 -> 16
--Flub BKB 30 -> 5, angle 70 -> 60.
-Forward Aerial
--Strong hit, all hitboxes homogenized to 15 damage, 361 angle (from 25), 12 BKB, 100 KBG.
--Flub hit, all hitboxes 11 damage, 10 BKB, 100 KBG.
--IASA increased three frames: 37 -> 40
--Outermost hitbox terminates before the inner two in order to match animation range better.
-Up Aerial animation slightly changed and positioned through the attack for better coverage above Diddy.
-Down Aerial hitboxes reduced in size and centered more on his fist.

Throws
-Up Throw
--Made weaker at early percents, but grows slightly faster. BKB 70 -> 40, KBG 100 -> 105
--Damage reduced 12 -> 10
--Endlag increased 12 frames -> 22 frames.

Specials
-Forward Special
--Endlag increased from 7 frames -> 17 frames.
--Landing lag for both grab and kick increased 15 frames -> 20 frames
--Upward momentum from jump throw moved to frame 2.
--Jump throw BKB 80 -> 35, KBG 30 -> 110. Specially set to always tumble.
--Outermost hitbox from kick removed to reduce disjoint. Leg scaling adjusted ot be consistent across the hit, the new outer hitbox very slightly increased.
--Animation has Diddy lean back more during startup animation.
-Up Special
--Charge timing reduced from 90 frames to 45 frames, height multiplier adjusted to partially compensate for reduced frame count.
--Falling speed during charge increased.
--Blast-off hitboxes slightly increased in size to match graphics, but the blast-off meteor hitboxes reduced from two hitboxes to one larger hitbox it is slightly weaker and smaller overall.
--Landing lag increased 18 frames -> 24 frames.
--Barrel no longer has a hitbox, nor does it explode on contact with stage/characters, but instead explodes 180 frames (3 seconds) after detachment. After the 3 seconds, the explosion can hurt both the player or Diddy.
--Damage increased at 11 damage for no charge, increasing steadily until a max of 20 damage at full charge.
--KBG reduced 120 -> 100.
--Hitboxes during flight reduced in size to allow more attacks to cleanly beat it.
-Down Special
--A weak hitbox on hand enabled if banana is already out.
--No longer has a special frame-two hitbox on down throw. That is what made the d-throw artificially unblockable.
--Drift removed during banana pull.
--Banana limit decreased from 2 to 1. Against aerial opponents, has 15 BKB and 100 KBG. Still trips on grounded opponent.

Others
-Dash Attack mostly reverted to 2.5's dash attack, but uses 3.0's active frames. Now a single-hit pop-up.
-Dash Attack can no longer grab items during dash attack to remain consistent with remainder of cast.

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
nanners.png
welp, gg I guess

Last edited:

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
The up throw lag increase made it to where there is no more d.I trap. Meaning no more 70 plus combos off throws cause people will just d.I for down throw. Could care less about 1 banana, but it was a hit. 1 banana isn't that threatening

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
From what I've learned so far alot of diddy stuff still kinda works once you get your opponent past the right percentage, like usmash into usmash into lots of damage vs fastfallers, I just try to start the low percents off with tech chases and the like.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to play till later, but from what I see from his move set, his floaty punish game might be better. That is if up smash to sh side b became a thing on the more floaty. Can't test till later, but I think there might be more potential on the platform tricks.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Anybody else hating the new (old) dash attack?
It's not what you're hating, it's what you're hating the most lol.

For me it's the Up-smash end lag. He's gonna get so extra creamed by Fox now. Except for the aerial banana hit

Last edited:

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
Usmash is still a good damage racker on fastfallers, you just need to get some damage on them first to make sure usmash puts em into tumble hitstun.

The new dash attack is..Eh. I have absolutely no idea how to use the offstage variant now, it doesn't seem to have any logical use anymore.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
After play testing the current diddy here is a general description of what I have come across.
The up b nerf was expected, but that in combination of the sideb end lag makes his recovery extremely lacking, though usable. Dash attack going back to 2.6 single hit without getting a d.a.c.u.s really su cks, but on hit it is better for combos.
The most brutal nerfs come in the form of up throw, side b grab, and up smash. Up throw is no longer a d.i trap with down throw, except on a few characters and only at about 20-36%. This means down throw is not threatening because you can always spam the correct d.i accordingly.
Side b knockback growth is high to the point of smash four status, meaning at later percents your always better off going for tech chase. This however does open up early percent windows on characters with the use of platforms into up tilt and nair chains.
Up smash, my god what have they done to you. the days of up smash into side b are long gone, the end lag being so long, it either combos into itself or into a very fast nair. The move needed to be more punishable, but overall, this current version is overkill, to the point of some characters coming out before diddy after getting hit.

I can ignore the one banana, even though the knockback effect is yet another nerf I didnt mention since it isnt as easy to combo with. But this current play of diddy needs to be a bit more brain dead in order to get success. For whatever reason nair was buffed... I mean really buffed. Abuse the explicit out of it, it combos into essentially every and any move you need, and is the only way to get 70% plus combos with the character that I have noticed so far. Yes 3.5 went overboard on nerfs for this character, even surpassing sonic/mewtwo, but ... I got nothing, use the overly centralized nair and abuse his up tilt and air attacks more, hopefully find something worthwhile when hitting debug mode for extensive combos again.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Indeed, his aerials are still good. SH Bair Uair/Nair/Bair/Fair and SH Bair WL an SH Bair DJ and SH Dair DJ/WL are more important now. Uair into Uair? Increased end lag on fair removed SH Fair DJ/WL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj6qxfqx8GI

Up-smash was a bit over kill, think it did get an added hitbox though. Up-smash gets a lot worse against top players.

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I've killed myself with recovery suicides that my opponent trying to kill me.

His recovery is probably the most unorthodox in the game now.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually really liking the new upb, getting back from alot more then I thought it was gonna let me.

Top Bottom