• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
strong FOS: gargaglione
and I'm also gonna have to boot Ranmaru from the town ambassadors for now. So he currently is a null read.
Stop playing like a scrub or I am going to assume that you are scum.

Willing switch to Ronike. Town needs to look at frozen/Maven after we're done sniping the scum between DJC/Ronike. Pretty upset that such blatant scum have been allowed to go unchallenged for as long as they have.

Vote: DJC

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Slam at least pretends to be useful. He pushed against Ryu and Gorf at crucial times...****. Actually, typing that out makes me a lot more suspicious that he was trying to play the role of scum who is "right" that the target is a mislynch and talks it down.

Well, I was going to say that Slam at least does stuff as opposed to 46 pages of jack**** from Damdred and Kyryk.

DJC/Ronike because I've have problems with them individually throughout the game so when people started throwing out that grouping I was like "yeah, I'll roll with it because one of my earlier suspicions on them was probably right"

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
DJC/Ronike because I've have problems with them individually throughout the game so when people started throwing out that grouping I was like "yeah, I'll roll with it because one of my earlier suspicions on them was probably right"
idk man, you definitely made it seem like there was a specific reason for the connection between them...
DJC/Ronike is hard to put into words. You'd only pick up on it if you had an idea of how they acted throughout the game, there's certainly scum between them.
why would you phrase your post to go along with the DJC / Ronike connection as if you had a specific reason for it... when you didn't actually have a reason for it? if you agreed that they were good lynches you could have just said that instead of making it seem like you understood why there was scum between them.

seems like you were being disingenuous and/or do have some reason to believe that scum is between them that you can't state. both of which are scummy to me

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
What the hell are you talking about?

"You'd only pick up on it if you had an idea of how they acted throughout the game [hence: READ THE GAME]"

which led to

"...because I've had problems with them individually THROUGHOUT THE GAME"

which are consistent. This is the first time I have lost faith in my town read of you. I can suspect 2 players that you share with Holder for different reasons. Stop reaching and stop coming up with dumb suspicions when there are people who are actually scum who need to get lynched instead.

Damn. What the **** even.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol
  1. when ppl were saying they had specific reasons for scum in DJC/Ronike and you chime in and say "yea, you could only see it if..." that gives the impression that you understood why scum was between the two, or at the very least had your own reasons for it.
  2. you say "there's certainly scum between them" which implies that you though there was a connection
  3. you don't have a reason for why scum is between DJC / Ronike
  4. you backtrack on them having a connection and say your reason was cuz you scum read them individually
  5. even your reasoning for scumreading them is lacking: you've primarily been saying: 'I've had reasons for them being scum'
idk man looks pre scummy to me.

but nah continue being dramatic and doubt your town-read of me for "reaching and coming up with dumb suspicions"

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
lol
  1. when ppl were saying they had specific reasons for scum in DJC/Ronike and you chime in and say "yea, you could only see it if..." that gives the impression that you understood why scum was between the two, or at the very least had your own reasons for it.
  2. you say "there's certainly scum between them" which implies that you though there was a connection
  3. you don't have a reason for why scum is between DJC / Ronike
  4. you backtrack on them having a connection and say your reason was cuz you scum read them individually
  5. even your reasoning for scumreading them is lacking: you've primarily been saying: 'I've had reasons for them being scum'
idk man looks pre scummy to me.

but nah continue being dramatic and doubt your town-read of me for "reaching and coming up with dumb suspicions"
1. Lol @ adding "at the very least" as if it's a less likelier option between the two. Yes, I had my own reasons.
2. No, saying "there's certainly scum between A/B" does not mean that there is a connection between the two. It means I think they're both scummy, and thus the odds of at LEAST one being scum is high because I doubt I'm wrong to that extreme.
3. I actually do. Stop talking out of your ass.
4. It's not "backtracking" when I NEVER said there was a connection. YOU are the one who implied I said that, not me.
5. Yep, deal with it. Do you expect some kind of golden case 46 pages into the game? Do you want me to go back and read through the thread and pull quotes pretending to give a **** when the lynch is already decided? Are you realizing how ****ty of a point this is on your part yet?

idk man looks pre weak as hell to me

but nah continue being wrong and doubt your town-read of me for "hardbody reaching off of dumb ****"

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i don't want a long golden case, I want you to just state simply and quickly what your reason for scumreadin them is. same thing I want from Kuz on why he town read Ryu prior to Ryu claiming morbid composer. when I asked adumbrodeus why he scumread kyryk, dude just quickly and simply explained it. wasn't a big deal

at then beyond just understanding why you scumread them... look at your first post toDay containing your suspicions:
Scumteam
1 of FF/Maven
1 of DJC/Ronike
and you are implying a connection between them. You say 1 of DJC/Ronike must be scum. Why can't they both be scum? Now you're saying that your reason is cuz you scum read them individually but if you scum read them individually it wouldn't be farfetched to think that they both could be scum.

why did you keep presenting it as: there is 1 scum between DJC/Ronike? if you weren't saying there is some sort of connection between them.

tbh idk why you're getting hella defensive for. and idk what about my thought process is making you doubt my towniness

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
DJC is scummy for placing down votes while contributing very little else. Asking him for suspicions or much initiative is more trivial than I'd expect from a townie.

Ronike is scummy for weird **** he's done throughout the game. The percentages and the feeling that if there was scum between that pool you listed earlier of like me, kuz, adum, and him that it'd probably be him and I do not recall a unique push from him in this game which differs from the rest of us.

Damdred is scummy for playing like ****ing obvious scum. Read his posts. Actually ISO them. He never calls anyone scum except Ryu. He drops the vote, ****s out a bunch of townreads, circle jerks with people he'd have an easier time manipulating, then goes silent.

Kyryk is scummy for playing like a complete derp on page 1 in a way that accomplished nothing for Town. He basically ran into the thread ass naked and then when everyone asked him, "Dude, what the hell are you doing?" he just said "Reactions! LOLZ!" and then peaced from the thread. He comes back and townies ask him, "So, what did you get from those reactions?" and you know the answer we got? You know the ****ing answer? "I don't know, I'm having trouble getting reads". That's what he told us. He should be shot for that; if you don't have a plan in place for the stupid **** you're doing then you're either scum causing confusion to **** with the town or an idiot of a townie who is better off dead.

Yes, 1 of them must be scum. I said multiple of them COULD be scum IN THE NEXT ****ING LINE THAT YOU DIDN'T QUOTE. I haven't gone into these scenarios because it doesn't ****ing matter right now. I get the scum flip, THEN I start piecing the team together, not this stupid team-hunting that dickheads have been doing all game for dumb suspicions (HEY GARG AND GORF IS A TEAM!! NO WAIT ITS RYU AND KUZ!!) that haven't led to a fruitful direction.

Are you seriously wondering why I'm getting defensive? Do you want me to take a screenshot of how many times you have tagged me in this thread to ask me some inane as **** question when I am handing you good plays on a silver platter? Your thought process is making me doubt your towniness because it's dumb as hell and I expect better. As scum why the hell would I even be bringing attention to Kyryk/Damdred as much as I have? I would just do what 90% of this Town has done and let them slide because their presence has only benefited scum for the entirety of the game. Feel free to throw WIFOM at my face, but this **** of "let's take turns each day phase suspecting Garg for dumb as **** reasons off of my misreading of his language" with kuz, adum, and now you is getting old as ****. The worst part is that I can't even ask our vigs to shoot me because they both played like scum and got themselves killed before they could get off a shot.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight thanks for highlighting your reasons
Yes, 1 of them must be scum. I said multiple of them COULD be scum IN THE NEXT ****ING LINE THAT YOU DIDN'T QUOTE. I haven't gone into these scenarios because it doesn't ****ing matter right now. I get the scum flip, THEN I start piecing the team together, not this stupid team-hunting that ****heads have been doing all game for dumb suspicions (HEY GARG AND GORF IS A TEAM!! NO WAIT ITS RYU AND KUZ!!) that haven't led to a fruitful direction.
@bolded: you didn't though or i misread you. Here's your full post:

Scumteam
1 of FF/Maven
1 of DJC/Ronike

Not including distancing craziness that I won't read into without flips.

The reasoning for this is similar between the first two. Frozen was formerly Kyryk who derped loud and awkward as hell in the beginning of the game then proceed to contribute nothing to town on basis of not knowning what the hell he was doing. Then FireEmblemnier replaced him and also said he had no idea what was going on. Now it's FF. Before Maven we had Damdred, who spent the entirety of the game circle jerking with other people he knew for who knows the hell why while giving out a bunch of townreads and sitting on Ryu all game. There is scum between them because it is impossible that two people can play so badly yet both be town. Also, the way they were circlejerking with Alakaslam suggests that there is scum in that triangle.

DJC/Ronike is hard to put into words. You'd only pick up on it if you had an idea of how they acted throughout the game, there's certainly scum between them.
and it's not like i'm the one who is telling you to figure out teams, i'm the one trying to understand why it seemd like you thought there is a (dis)connection between Ronike / DJC. i'm not asking you to figure out teams, you're the one who made a post where you have a header that says 'Scumteam' and then lists what you think the scum team is...

i mean if you just think all 4 of them have a high chance of individually being scum, why did you present the team like that? saying 1. of FF/Maven and 1 of DJC/Ronike. instead of just being like, these 4 ppl are scummy as **** and there's likely atleast 2 scum in them

Are you seriously wondering why I'm getting defensive? Do you want me to take a screenshot of how many times you have tagged me in this thread to ask me some inane as **** question when I am handing you good plays on a silver platter? Your thought process is making me doubt your towniness because it's dumb as hell and I expect better. As scum why the hell would I even be bringing attention to Kyryk/Damdred as much as I have? I would just do what 90% of this Town has done and let them slide because their presence has only benefited scum for the entirety of the game. Feel free to throw WIFOM at my face, but this **** of "let's take turns each day phase suspecting Garg for dumb as **** reasons off of my misreading of his language" with kuz, adum, and now you is getting old as ****. The worst part is that I can't even ask our vigs to shoot me because they both played like scum and got themselves killed before they could get off a shot.
you do realize i don't know who scum is, and that i'm going to push on stuff that looks scummy to me. obviously i'm gonna inadvertently grill ppl who are town becuz im tryna figure out who scum is. it LOOKS like you hopped on the DJC / Ronike idea pretending to have a reason for it but then later backtracked on having any sort of reason, so clearly thats gonna affect my read on you. but my b if my questioning is annoying you but i mean deal with it... it's part of the game (plus i only just stated that i had a suspicion of you, you're the one who pulled me into this argument)

And my thought process can't be that ******** becuz @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel was just as confused as I was by your post saying you thought there was a reason for scum in DJC / Ronike

and it's not like i'm even trying to lynch you so why you gettin so relax -- i'm actually the one pushing 2/4 of your apparent major scumreads as non-negotiable lynches today... so you should be happy

anyways im not tryna turn this into an extended conversation cuz we need to focus on Ronike and DJC, but when @ th3kuzinator th3kuzinator comes back, I am curious to hear what he thinks about this exchange between me and gargy?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ Ronike Ronike , @ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut I feel like we have a MUCH better chance of winning this game if we lynch kira today instead of tomorrow. so can whichever of you is not kira step it up and let their towniness shine through

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Orbo, quick (I am not asking for more than 5 minutes of your time) rundown of where your head is at, please.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Mac garg adum town, ran nulltown
Dj and ronike apparently has scum cuz comms reasons?
Slams nulltown. I think
Kuz can die for not showing
**** if i know who else is alive in this game
Holders prolly town too

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh god 42 pages i can't read it all

i was given a quick summary but it's not enough so if anyone can tell me important things to look for or important events/slots so i can get the relevant parts i'd appreciate it.
what are your takeaways from the summary?

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
gah I just spent a ton of time going through Ronike's **** looking for something and I got nothing to jump on.
Nothing much more to say, my play has been weak as hell this game and I apologize for it. I could john, but I'll just leave it at that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ugh, **** day at work today, coming in to check and there are, like no posts from today? I mean, I know Im not one to talk, but the heck guys, come on :bee:

@Garg: Can we put Kuz on your terrible player list now?

Ill try to maybe post more content tomorrow, just not feelin it tonight. Sorry guys.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lamefest continues...

almost no point to keep trying in this game when most of town isn't -- esp when ppl give you **** and somehow call you scummy for actually playing and providing scum reads and questioning shady **** (*cough* gargs *cough*)

@ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut can you roleclaim?

@ Gargaglione Gargaglione , @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel , @ Orboknown Orboknown let's switch to Ronike
@#HBC | FrozeηFlame @Maven89 can yall vote ronike

##Ronike

@MOD: request votecount

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Could you run by me why Ronike is more likely to be Kira over DJ? Or does it involve things said in your room?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
it's just I've been scumreading Ronike since before this POE thing and I'm leaning that way. Mostly because Ronike hasn't shown that he's town by providing any real independent thoughts / reads. He had his post where he was going over what went down this game, but there didn't seem to be many takeaways and I didn't get any townie intent from it.

Also Ronike says there's 100% chance DJC is scum, and I don't understand why from his POV he would think that it was that certain. Do you see what I'm saying here Holder?

and I really just want to get some votes on his wagon so we're able to easily switch to his lynch if we want to. plus maybe it'd convince him to actually step it up. I think DJC should claim cuz his name and role will be revealed anyways if we lynch him, but if he reveals there's a chance that it might save him

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, DJ hasn't exactly been unique either and has made much less of an effort to contribute in terms of those thoughts and reads in comparison.

Yeah, from Ronike's point-of-view it's not just DJ he should be considering, but he likes the others that would be considered. You could be Kira, but since I think that's unlikely I've taken you out of the process, yes? DJ doesn't seem aware of anyone outside of Ronike to target either as well.

Eh whatever. ##Ronike

I don't mind claims either since things have remained still.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So you're just bandwagoning for no reason?
Here he asks Mac a question, but doesn't follow up. He only follows up a page later after Mac tells him he has questions to him he has not followed up on, indirectly. (To Batsnacks) This shows he is posting questions to seem townie, not because he cares about the answer.

He wasn't here at after that. Nothing notable about him. He then replaced, and FE takes his spot.

Why FireEmbler should die:

Here he doesn't come in with a scumread or any reads. He comes in asking for 'insight'. He sees TRG's direction (ryu) and asks him if he can give him a statement about his scumminess, so he can agree to it and join.

Which he does. Second post in the game, and he's already ready to kill ryu.

Parroting. This isn't his thoughts. It's obvious. It has to do with what TRG said before. (I am focusing on the first half of this post, the team he makes is stupid)
You're town, and i can say that with absolute (read: 50-65%) certainty.
This here is pretty out of the blue. I find this suspicious because it has no benefit to finding scum to it, it's only to defend a player when they SEEM to be getting pressure. (He was only getting asked about, nothing even happened)

In conclusion, KyryK did things to seem protown, and never came around to show he was townie. He didn't do anything, and replaced out. FE came in, and did some suspicious actions, such as parroting, and he also didn't post as much. People wanted him to give reads and conclusions but he didn't really do much, and he also replaced out. Now Frozen is in this slot, and we have yet to see anything.

This is why this slot must die.

##:FrozenFlame

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm also starting to suspect The Real Gamer. He only pushed Ryu, and hadn't done much after that. He also never truly talked to me about FE. I feel that is not pro-town at all to let a discussion die especially when he started it. (He asked me why I don't see FE's claim as townie)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I haven't seen The Real Gamer in our backroom since this game's previous activity, I think he might actually just be gone.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Let's see if I can drudge up some motivation. Lessee, what are people saying

Oh god dammit guys, seriously? Ok, let me point out why's macs reasoning is stupid :awesome:

it's just I've been scumreading Ronike since before this POE thing and I'm leaning that way. Mostly because Ronike hasn't shown that he's town by providing any real independent thoughts / reads. He had his post where he was going over what went down this game, but there didn't seem to be many takeaways and I didn't get any townie intent from it.
I definitely have posted some take aways and TL;DRs from what I posted, and have had some scum tells from that, of which I have mentioned repeatedly I would like to be the play eventually. However, we continuously have better plays, but I will come back to that in a bit.

Take aways include Garg v Adum as TvT, and that in general, read Garg as hard headed, and that from that he is likely to be town as most of his interactions and reads seem natural when looked at from that point of view. This is something that I now realize I did not post, or something that I came into thinking after some time, but yeah, I have alluded to this thought a bit.

Also towned Holder, Ran, TRG, and Mac from these points, and noted I read Slam as scum (due to just general feeling of his posts, as well as him trying to encourage others to play to his meta) and Dred slot, albeit a minor read.

Pushed pretty decently for Kuz as well, and only feel more confident in the fact that he's scum as we continue, a feeling that others have claimed yes, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one pushing for him the most, and that has made more stuff about him. The only big problem is we have FF and DjC that need to go before him, but lets talk about that a bit.

iAlso Ronike says there's 100% chance DJC is scum, and I don't understand why from his POV he would think that it was that certain. Do you see what I'm saying here Holder?
There are not many people in my room right now. I have strong suspicions as to who the other people in the room are, which I won't share for obvious reasons, but the only one I'm not strongly town reading is DjC, and since I'm not scum, that makes DjC scum, as otherwise the room is OP. Thus, DjC. I thought this woulda been pretty obvious.

Since there is a scum in my room, and I know its not me, and Im nigh positive its not the other two, Im damn sure its DjC, hence he needs to go first.

FF goes next most likely, as if he doesn't die tonight, the only real explanation for him surviving is he is scum, as his name is out there. KyryK slot also wasn't great, so that's a thing too, but very honestly, were it not for the first thing, I'd rather have kuz go.

Kuz is next play. Has done nothing since day 1 at all, and a lot of his posts on day 1 in retrospect... well they suck.

and I really just want to get some votes on his wagon so we're able to easily switch to his lynch if we want to. plus maybe it'd convince him to actually step it up. I think DJC should claim cuz his name and role will be revealed anyways if we lynch him, but if he reveals there's a chance that it might save him
No. Nobody should claim. Uh, would rather not give birth to ideas for people in this regard, but people dying is prolly not the worst that could happen. Will talk about my speculation if people want, but like I said, don't want to give scum unnecessary ideas.

Other things of note:
Uh, Holder, are you sure you're latest post is relevant about TRG?

Ran, FF's a play, but not today. Get on DjC plz. Or me if you need to, so that DjC goes tomorrow.

Top Bottom