• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Remember back to the time I scumread red ryu correctly in Zombies Mafia... and scumread NL... and joey (lol he kidnapped me D: < )

Please trust me on Alakaslam.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll bring up some quotes to show what I mean.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Great example of Alakaslam voting without good reason. Here he thinks Holder made a case (a lie) but Holder never did such a thing, he did the opposite. Holder voted Red Ryu after defending him. (Holder kept his vote on Red Ryu for the longest time too, this is also why I suspect Holder)

Folks I would have to be convinced again to lynch ryu; the reads are too similar and my main reason is gone
Unvote
Here he tries to seem like he is unsure on Ryu, when his mind was already made up before hand. His reasoning to be on Red Ryu was very weak to begin with, so it's misplaced for him to be unvoting here to have people convince him at that time. It shows that his hop onto Red Ryu originally, was ingenuine. Here he is forcing the image of an unsure townie, when he isn't one.

Well yeah ran but he just replaced

I would but I generally don't lynch replacements the day they replace in
He states he doesn't want to vote FE because he just replaced, but he quickly rescinds that notion.

##fireemblemguy
This vote after explaining he wasn't intending to vote him originally, just shows again that what he says is not natural. If he truly wanted to give him time to replace in, he would have.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kuz, let me know what your thoughts on Ronike, Adumdreus, and Holder are when you can.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alakaslam also stated that you were one to be wary of regardless of alignment, simply to sow doubt with whatever direction you were heading in at the time. He never suspected you, he was just trying to discredit you. Since you have the time now, you should read these two posts of mine:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
So our first lynch was wasted on a guy wanting to link players who weren't scummy, and our second was on a sheep whose face had to be placed against the meat grinder to actually get him to play the game.

What a joke. I definitely understand why some of the TL players have been talking **** about Smashboards mafia.

I'm looking at that votecount and a lot of people look gross to the point we probably have more townies playing badly than we do scum making it near impossible to differentiate them from scum. adum, please let me know how you are townreading Slam or Ronike.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What's the problem?
I signed up for this game expecting some flavor consistency, it was advertised as translating the flavor to a mafia game in a consistent way which was part of why I signed up in the first place. Now he pulls s*** like saying that this, having pikachu as a guest star that's a morbid composer makes more f***ing sense giving that light's father, a character who explicitly either wouldn't or couldn't use the death note (at the cost of his life no less) the f***ing ability to use the death note. In a game like this flavor is supposed to be balanced as a way to understand the setup, flavor knowledge is not supposed to be a detriment to play, not a gotcha!

Nor is knowledge conveyed by flavor supposed to be setup breaking, it's just supposed to be a tool with the game balanced around town having it.

Holder and I, the two obvious most knowledgeable players about the flavor instantly called BS on the claim should make it obvious that it's an insane interpretation of the character. What, did Zen watch Death Note high as a kite?

(at this point I'm thankful the modkill rule for non-constructive criticism specified players and did not extend to mods)

I mean I'll still play it out but based on that it's very obvious flavor knowledge is a gotcha in this setup and more BS like maybe mafia (the faction in Death Note who Mello controlled, not referring to the anti-town faction in general) and/or L being pro-kira from the start of the game. As such to avoid Zen's idiotic translation I am now mentally renaming this game "generic mafia 73" and ignoring all flavor.

Yes I'm salty, it's such a paradoxical interpretation of the character it borders on insanity. I strongly doubt I'm going to be playing a Zen game again any time soon.

*deep breath* Ok rant over, sorta had to let it out, I'm sure I'll be discussing this more in the post-game, in the meantime back to, you know, actually playing the game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So our first lynch was wasted on a guy wanting to link players who weren't scummy, and our second was on a sheep whose face had to be placed against the meat grinder to actually get him to play the game.

What a joke. I definitely understand why some of the TL players have been talking **** about Smashboards mafia.

I'm looking at that votecount and a lot of people look gross to the point we probably have more townies playing badly than we do scum making it near impossible to differentiate them from scum. adum, please let me know how you are townreading Slam or Ronike.
Still holding on to slam, if he's at risk of lynch toMorrow I'll lay my reasons out fully, regardless of what it's based on, alright?

I'm waiting on him actually finishing his catch-up post before deciding whether I wanna maintain my town read on Ronike.

In the meantime, you mind refreshing yourself on my case on you? Paying special attention to what I said triggered the read and why I ultimately withdrew. I promise it's relevant.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I mean FE replaced in and rarely even contributed. He just agreed to something I said to stay off of Ryu and did nothing else. Newb scum right there.
Totally down with FE murderin.
Adumb, where do we go from here? If you already posted scumpicks, please quote them or tell me. Who would you have killed tonight if you were the vig?

Also, mac, if you're still here, i'd like to ask you something
FE is what I wanna see lynched toMorrow, as a vig I'd shoot DJ, orbo, or FE. Low contribution null to scummy people are the best vig targets.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Well actually garg I will put it plainly.

No actually I will put it in CHUPAZI. Y'all need practice.

TL is a blind man, OMGUS is a dumbass vulture with really good eyes, and Smashboards is a guy with beer

Sometimes he has the balls to pull anything off and sometimes he is just drunk

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
DJ shouldn't be vigged, he should be investigated. There IS a Kira between DJ and Ronike, I'm 99% certain of this. A bullet would be wasted on this given that we can just confirm which one is the one we can kill ourselves. Still say the Vig shot should be used to get rid of someone that will cause problems but would be inconvenient to actually lynch during the Day, which I still place as Kuz.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
DJ shouldn't be vigged, he should be investigated. There IS a Kira between DJ and Ronike, I'm 99% certain of this. A bullet would be wasted on this given that we can just confirm which one is the one we can kill ourselves. Still say the Vig shot should be used to get rid of someone that will cause problems but would be inconvenient to actually lynch during the Day, which I still place as Kuz.
DJC being vigged is fine.

@ Ronike Ronike Thoughts on this quote and Holder's confidence in the red bolded?

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
Actually holder is right and I change my mind, Ronike is the Kira and DJC probably not scum. It's also likely that Ronike is working alone

Ran, you gotta hop off the holder suspicion for srs

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's fine, yes, I'm just concerned that it isn't the most efficient way to use the resources that we (hopefully) possess.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why not have Kuz investigated and DJC vigged? DJ being investigated won't help the game be progressed, while investigating kuz would be more helpful as he can contribute alot more.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Investigating Kuz is worthless if he can convert, Ranmaru. The point of removing him is so we can focus clearly on our task of hunting Kira/Mafia.

Investigating DJ would be very useful because there's a 50% chance it will give us scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Investigating DJ is bad because he'd be lynched regardless. Better idea.

Vig Alakaslam. Lynch DJ/FE. Investigate Adumdreus/Ronike.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'm not really sure where all the suspicion for me is coming from to be honest, especially in comparison to DJC? I definetly wouldn't mind someone on that train to maybe explain? I mean, I know I've been a bit inactive as of late, but I haven't been near as gone or near as unwilling to put stances out there as some (*coughcough*Kuz*coughcough*:awesome:)

Working through the rest of day 1 now, with the knowledge that Ryu was town (wtf ryu...)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Last notes for day 1, not including Dusk. I admittedly skimmed more towards the end, when I felt like I had pretty good reads on anyone posting. TL;DR for those who don't want to read in an internet mafia game (:awesome:) at the end.

Kuz #523 has him jump on gorf just for garg’s case, and encourages mac to do the same. In literally the next post he says garg’s reasons arent that great. Mentions being unfond of a Ryu lynch, but nothing further. Not a fan --kuz

He then tries to say he can read gorf well in #529 as his reason for vote, and has us take him at his word? Kind of odd as the lynch is already likely to be going through… But immediately after says hes not sure if gorf is scum in a post that sounds odd to me, and reaks of prior allignment knowledge. Add up to null though I suppose.

Adum #535 reminds me very strongly of old town adum, very hard headed and what not, and not really willing to course correct. Much of his play reminds me of this, I feel like scum adum is more willing to move on things. Just my 2 cents.

DJC #539-540 johns for inactivity, promises to read the thread and give thoughts, and then gives two lines of content, saying go for Gorf, but doesn’t vote. Also promises more activity, which we have yet to see. ---DJC

I like that ran #550 takes some stands on people, and the post seems generally townie. No especially new content, but feels good. +Ran

Damdrd #553 is really weird. Starts out chastising Ran for having Templar on his list, and then ends with the desire to lynch Templar due to meta? Also, just in general seems like a soft post trying to discredit ran a bit, as well as set up for a Ryu lynch. I’d reccomend a read, its odd. --Damdred

After Garg #559, I very definetely commit to reading Garg kinda like adum + someone else whose name eldues me, but was really hard headed and such. The post itself has a good point about TL crowd (Dam, Kyr, and Slam) circlejerking each other, but not doing too much with their suspicions. Def something to look for.

TRG #560 seems very confident that Kyr is town for some reason? I don’t know if you remember TRG, but I;d love for you to expand on it.

Slam #566 shows he very clearly knows his own meta, even if he posts like crazy usually. In fact, he mentions his scum meta being coherent, and yet not getting anything done so much. Remind anyone of his Day 2 play? Makes me even more suspicious of his nonsense, as he can easily do it and say “What, Its my town meta!” --Slam

Oh my god, literally 40 post per page, and like 90% of it is Slam garbage…. Do not want! but is rather null, or rather, not worth more negative points than I already gave.

Like Ran #606, asks a lot of the same questions I have myself about Holder’s Test/Gambit. Ill be looking to see what holder responds. +Ran

Dont Kyr #611. Talks again about his meta and how he does things as town and scum. Talk like this seems rather odd to be having if you are town, especially rather unrpovoked, as you just do what you do and worry about how people take it only if you start getting wagoned. Maybe another weird TL thing,... --Kyr.

Kyr #615 shows a STRONG connection to Slam, if they are both scum. Again, tries to meta protect slam, which Im also not fond of.

#616 shows some TRG/Kyr connections. I’ve only really seen it go one way though, so more likely to just be TRG opinion than anything more sinister

Ran #658 goes pretty hard after Holder, but I don’t thinks its really come up ever again. You change your mind on this Ran? Specifically mentions not being super fond of the setup analysis that later helped quite a bit.

Slam #664-665 flips around on Gorf and votes him, even though he says he doesn’t think Gorf is scum. Why? Gorf i already incredibly likely to be lynched, and slam shouldn’t need to vote here if he doesn’t believe in the lynch. No really, why would he do this? Really odd play -Slam

Bats specifically mentions as well that Slam is acting off and he thinks he is scum, for nigh the first time. Perhaps something to listen to, considering bats prolly knows how Slam plays better than most of us? -Slam

Adum talks more in the 700s about my play in Bingo. Still don’t know what game he’s talking about. Just worth mentioning.

TL;DR: I still find myself unfond of kuz. A lot of his posts a trying to keep options open, while leaving just enough doubt existing so as to go back later and point at it (see his recent stances on Ryu as an example) If I had to pick a lynch, that would be my pick for tomorrow. He's also odd with the morbid composer thing, and his sudden appearence almost immediately after the flip last night.

Not fond of Slam or Damdred either, though those are more gut feelings (especially slam) than kuz.

Like Holder, Ran, TRG, and Mac. Bats is of course also still town. Somewhat null on adum, with intent to watch him carefully.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not really sure where all the suspicion for me is coming from to be honest, especially in comparison to DJC?
Process of elimination. It'd be a lot smarter to go into more detail when Night has passed and the ball is on our court though.

If we've someone that can investigate, if that's not good enough to check DJ/Ronike, then consider checking the former also due to lack of content. This path will avenge Aoi, Gorf, Rajam, and unfortunately, whoever dies toNight.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
and i have every right to suck my down ****, thank you mac for championing 2 MLs in a row
Uncalled for shot. First, the Gorf lynch was mostly my fault as well as Gorf's. Second, I hope this mudslinging is some kind of prelude to you actually doing something in this game. We're about to hit D3 and I'm still waiting.

adum, I'm not sure what you mean by asking me to refresh myself on your earlier case on me? You had disliked me saying that I was lying about the reasoning I gave for you thinking I was scum, I don't know what you're asking besides that.

To answer Mac's questions, I'm losing morale due to various factors in this game, but if you want a hard answer then yeah, I don't really like Ronike. adum I feel better about, he's thrown out a lot of reads that I feel he would be going too far out of his way to do as scum that it's likelier that he's town.

As for the play, I hardly care anymore. Damdred (seriously of all the nulls we have that are disliked why does he always get ignored?), DjC, FireEmblemnier, Ronike and Orboknown can all die in order of preference and that's actually me making a concentrated effort to excuse the play of Slam and kuz who I also think deserve to die. Some of these people are town however, sadly enough. I've pretty much written this game off as a scum victory unless these people either step it up, get investigated, or ideally get killed.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Even if I had a confirmed guilty on Damdred, I wouldn't be excited because I would still have to weed through those other players that I have little to work with either way. If you're implying that my apathy is inconsistent with how sure I was to lynch Damdred after Ryu, then there's your explanation.

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Well it loks like I have returned at the most inopportune time.

My apologies for my absence had some reallife issues that I had to take care of tha required my attention. I am goin to catch up now and if anyone has any questions for me or anything they want me to specifically look at I will do that now

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Ronike Ranmaru scum;

Ranmaru blackmails me to vote gorf with the general unfamiliarity with me and pushes for me to stop using CHUPAZI like he doesn't know me.

Then when I stop ronike comes in much later with no context saying I am scum for caving to blackmail.

I ardently opposed gorf lynch, and put a disclaimer with my vote.

I also would oppose ryu lynch fwiw...

But he "trolled" us?

o_O

So I thought he was basically conceding.

So people of Smashboards, know this.

I have been evicted in the past. I returned.

If we are for srs and not just drunk, you have to speak.

You can't understand me half as well as TL who don't actually get me about 33% of the time, when I am deliberately downplaying my CHUPAZI tendencies. This sort of thing is part of why I do it.

TL scumreads me for not doing it now in fact, because I do it less because I need it less when scum over there.

So, either man up and read a cryptic take on broken English, or gawdam policy me, and evict me as a useless player to you.

Ok?

Because I am tired of this **** and can see that you are probably also tired of me.

Ok?

Decide. Grow some tolerance or actually say no.

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
Well it loks like I have returned at the most inopportune time.

My apologies for my absence had some reallife issues that I had to take care of tha required my attention. I am goin to catch up now and if anyone has any questions for me or anything they want me to specifically look at I will do that now
Who should we lynch tomorrow and what are your reads? How do you feel about the ryu flip?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
He frankly probably thinks I should flip tomorrow and that invited ryu suddenly and scummy versus through trust that he made some dahmm stupid claim that meant he had to die as either alignment.

And because no CHUPAZI and that is Scumslam.

Top Bottom