• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlRex

Smash Lord
Banjo & Kazooie can fly, but unfortunately, so do all the ducks that get hunted. I think up close, hand-to-hand, a bear would tear through whatever a lombax is, but that’s why having a wide sci-fi arsenal really helps. Ratchet guns the poor bear and bird down.

Nominations
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x2
The Blob Vs. The Thing x2
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x2
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x2
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x2

Last edited:
My nominations:
ROB VS Astrobot x3
Mojo Jojo VS Andross x3
Grugg (Croods) VS Fred Flintstone x2
Grey Fox (Metal Gear) VS Snake Eyes x2

According to my research, I believe that the winner of the battle would be Ratchet and Clank because they could use their high-advanced technology like guns to defeat Banjo-Kazooie like RYNO 8 for example that could summon an object from another dimension and squish them (They kinda survived being squished by random stuff, but if they were squished many times, then it's unsure if they still survive it).

As for B-K's feats, they somehow defeated giant creatures and many monsters while R&C could block General Grahm's punch and survived spaceship crashes and several foot tall falls.

They can both fly (Banjo can use Kazooie to fly while Ratchet could use his jetpack to fly, but Ratchet seems to be faster on his jetpack I think).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This fight may have been nuts, but Solana's heroes bolted with the victory! The winners are Ratchet & Clank!

Now then, draw swords for our next match-up!

1662662618762.png

Miyamoto Musashi, the wandering swordswoman from Fate/Grand Order!

VS!

1662662633412.png

Miyamoto Musashi, the resurrected swordsman from Baki Hanma!

In Japan's entire history, there has been no swordsman greater than the legendary Miyamoto Musashi, who has been adapted in several different forms of media. And in this match-up, the greatest enemy they could face is, by technicality, themselves!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Fate Musashi: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki
Baki Musashi: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10
AlRex AlRex x10
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x33

21-30 Noms
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x29
Itchy Vs. Jerry x27
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x27
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x26
Each Gen 1 Pokemon Vs. 1,000,000,000 Lions x25
The Blob Vs. The Thing x23

Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x22
John Price Vs. John Wick x22

11-20 Noms
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x20
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x17
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x15
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x15

1-10 Noms
Green Goblin Vs. Albert Wesker x10
Kingprotea Vs. Ultraman x10
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Aku Vs. Him x10
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x8
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x8
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x7
Mumbo Jumbo Vs. Kamek x5
Leatherhead Vs. Killer Croc x5
Toy Story Gang Vs. Chucky x5
Reptar Vs. Powdered Toast Man x4
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x4
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x4
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x2
The Blob Vs. The Thing x2
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x2
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x2
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x2

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No clue if this one counts, but...

Canon Fox McCloud vs. Competitive Melee Fox* x 10

*mechanics like the bubble shield and unintended techniques like waveshining are counted as diegetic abilities, but he doesn't have access to any weapons or vehicles that aren't a part of his Smash moveset in Melee

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, I don't know much about Baki's Musashi aside from the fact that he was brought back to life in the present day in the story. Does anybody else have a good idea as to what Fate!Musashi will be dealing with here?

Noms:
Kingprotea Vs. Ultraman x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I've never heard of either character but have some limited familiarity with the Baki franchise. Apparently the Baki Musashi fights Yujiro Hanma and is able to do so reasonably well. Fighting Yujiro is a big character to scale off of, the man has ridiculous feats and is pretty much the epitome of a villainous mary sue.

Yujiro respect thread

He is so strong he can stop and create earthquakes by punching the ground. This is not supposed to be a "superpower", he's just that ridiculously strong.

I don't know anything about the other character but they will have their work cut out for them.

Nominations:
Pokemon/Lions x1
Mumbo/Kamek x1
Aku/Him x8

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fate Musashi is broken.
She's able to make herself invincible to all but those who can "see infinity" and her heavenly eyes let her see an infinite number of outcomes and ensure that one of them will come to pass. She used this ability to help her "reach Zero" which makes her transcend time, space and existence. She's also able to resist the Gae Bolg's thorns and as part of "reaching zero" her sword is capable of bringing about an end that even Buddha can't escape. There's also her ability to copy the powers of others, even if they're resistant to this happening in addition to her being an expert at reading her foes to the point she plays out thousands of possibilities in her head. Fate Musashi basically can't lose this fight.

Yeah, it's really stupid.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
There were infinite possibilities, but fate favors the better Musashi! The winner is the Miyamoto Musashi from Fate!

New week, everybody:
Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman
Day 51: Astrobot Vs. R.O.B.
Day 52: Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls) Vs. Andross (Star Fox)
Day 53: Itchy (The Simpsons) Vs. Jerry (Tom & Jerry)
Day 54: Dennis the Menace (U.S.) Vs. Dennis the Menace (U.K.)
Day 55: Pokemon Generation 1 Vs. 1 Billion Lions
Day 56: The Blob Vs. The Thing

Now then, let's get out game on, it's showtime!

1662921596843.png

Dennis Hopper's King Koopa, President of Dinohattan!

VS!

1662921667075.png

Jim Carrey's Dr. Eggman, former government roboticist-turned-global terrorist!

Ah, video game adaptations. When they miss, they flop hard, but if they don't, they hit hard. Our Nintendo Vs. Sega rivalry turns to the silver screen for this battle!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5
AlRex AlRex x5
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario x5
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x24
John Price Vs. John Wick x22

11-20 Noms
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x20
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x19
Aku Vs. Him x18
Kingprotea Vs. Ultraman x15
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x15
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x15

1-10 Noms
Green Goblin Vs. Albert Wesker x10
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Canon Fox Vs. Melee Fox x10
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x10
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x10
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x9
Mumbo Jumbo Vs. Kamek x6
Leatherhead Vs. Killer Croc x5
Toy Story Gang Vs. Chucky x5
Reptar Vs. Powdered Toast Man x4
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x4
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x4
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This one is actually hard to decide, but I think I'm gonna have to give it to Koopa due to his devo ray - whether he uses it on himself or Robotnik, it's a very tide-turning weapon. That being said, I do wonder if Robotnik's badniks could still function without the bad doctor's controls (not that that could really change much with how fragile they are), or if Robotnik is smart enough to keep a bit of intelligence and therefore put up a fight if devolved into a monkey or herbivore dinosaur (if Koopa doesn't make him primordial ooze that is). I haven't seen Sonic 2 yet.

5 noms for Tingle vs. Wario

Last edited:
My nominations:
Grugg (Croods) VS Fred Flintstone x2
Grey Fox (Metal Gear) VS Snake Eyes x1
Scooby Doo VS Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog) x1 (New)
Rayman VS Plok x1 (New)

I think Dr. Robotnik could win the battle, because he could use the master emerald to empower himself and defeat Koopa. However, Koopa could use devo gun to devolve him, but he might use it on himself to become a T-Rex in the battle very likely.

Also Dr. Robotnik could build his own giant mecha to destroy Koopa in both forms (Human and T-Rex).

In terms of speed, Dr. Robotnik could outrun him in his eggmobile, which it also gives him an ability to fly. On foot, he might be slower than Koopa in both devolved and human form I guess?
(Unless he was running away from dinosaur in first movie but he was dancing and the T-Rex was a Hologram, so I'm not sure if it's the case)

So my vote goes on Dr. Robotnik.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I would assume Robotnik would have the master emerald. At that point, the matchup basically comes down to if Robotnik can rip Koopa's devo gun out of his hands with his Magneto powers where he can manipulate metal or whatever before Koopa can fire it at Robotnik and kill him. That matchup scenario is a fair 50/50 shot, really.

If Robotnik just starts with his giant mech from the end of Sonic 2, then there's not much for Koopa to really hit with his devo gun, he just gets slaughtered without being able to do anything.

Depending on what technology Robotnik is granted greatly changes the match-up. Just a few robots and an Egg pod aren't going to stand up to Koopa, though.

Nominate Kamek/Mumbo x10

AlRex

Smash Lord
Base Robotnik gets screwed over by Koopa, I think, but with the Emerald and the giant robot, he could literally stomp. If Koopa taps into Frank Booth from Blue Velvet, he might have more of a killer instinct, though.

Nominations
Mr. Potato Head VS the Red M&M X1
MacGyver VS Jigsaw X1
Crazy Frog VS Zorotl X1
Cutey Honey VS Cyborg 009 X2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Been feeling kinda burned out, surprisingly. Sure, I'll pawn off the thread. Who wants to take over, and how do I transfer thread ownership?

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i know this is kinda "off-topic" of this thread, but i'm want to add a Death Battle match-up

Morgana VS Iggy (Persona 5 VS JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Connections
-Both are domestic animals that have a power of controlling a fighting spirit (Zorro and The Fool respectively)
-Both are members of a team of humans that have power of controlling a fighting spirit (The Phantom Thieves and Stardust Crusaders)​

Top Bottom