• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The main relevant thing Wizpig has is troops/technology. The guy can go to outer space and summon spaceships which shoot down lasers which we don't really know the strength of. The guy is capable of traveling through space and has conquered entire planets. How strong these ships are that fire lasers isn't specified. The vs battles wiki says he "Shaped another planet in his image", but that was some off-screen planet and we didn't see it, I assume he just generically took it over. I don't think he really has planetary terraforming powers.

Regardless, Wizpig is fast, and can just sit up in the air on his fast rocket while firing down on Ganon with his spaceships. Wizpig is also a wizard and can fly without the use of his rocket if necessary. His only other thing he has that is magic and not technology is brainwashing. He brainwashes four bosses from the game to be his minions, large animal creatures. I will say it is somewhat of a stretch to say these mind control powers would work on Ganon given he doesn't bother to use this brainwashing on the protagonists of his game, but it is a possibility. Ganon can fly in some depictions, but most of these are Ganondorf rather than Ganon, and he never flies particularly quickly.

Wizpig obviously gets trounced in the physical strength department, if Wizpig is ever in melee range he should get slaughtered. Wizpig has never interacted with Donkey Kong, so he does not get to scale off of the arbitrary DK punching the moon feat, and he just races with Diddy Kong, he doesn't fight him, so he can't really scale off of him either.

As far as durability, the arbitrary "only the master sword/light arrows/holy magic can hurt Ganon" is pretty arbitrary given that's just what can harm him within his universe. The Zelda universe doesn't have much in the way of technology like spaceships to compete with. Outside of this limitation, his durability feats are not that impressive.

I will say that if Wizpig gets access to his spaceships, Ganon should get access to his army, but what does that really give him that's all that relevant? It would probably need to be another boss character for it to really matter like Zant or something, who could just warp the arena into somewhere enclosed so Wizpig can't just camp Ganon in the air. I'm not sure if Ganon should get an entire villain character like Zant for the matchup, though.

Tentatively I'll give it to Wizpig.

Nominations:
Arlong/King Piccolo x5
Dennis Hopper Bowser/Jim Carrey Eggman x5

My x13 on dennis hopper/jim carrey from last time was not intended to be its own matchup, it got separated on the list from Dennis Hopper Bowser/Jim Carrey Eggman.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Ganon in a direct fight seems a lot better. Bulkier, has a lot of magic and ranged options, the giant trident which he can also throw like a boomerang...I would say he wins this.

Nominations
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X2
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x2
The Blob Vs. The Thing x2
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x2
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw/John Kramer x2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Is this even a fair matchup? Like, all of Wizpig's powers are implied, right? Nitros Oxide feels like a better fit matchup. I guess with Wizpig's planetary shaping he could just bury Ganon alive or impale him on an icicle? but even then I doubt that'd do much with Ganon's armour in play. Going with Ganon for this.

5 noms for Jerry vs. Itchy, 5 noms for Zorotl vs. Crazy Frog, 4 noms for Motobug vs. Goomba, 1 nom for Reptar vs. Powdered Toast Man
Uh, Wario, my dude, you're trying to list 15 nominations. You may have to redistribute.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This battle was just as hog wild as its result! The winner is Ganon!

We have our new week up, everybody!

Day 43: V1 (Ultrakill) Vs. Zan (Hedon Bloodright)
Day 44: Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Vs. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Day 45: Arlong (One Piece) Vs. King Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
Day 46: The Doctor (Doctor Who) Vs. Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty)
Day 47: Cobra Commander (G.I. Joe) Vs. Shredder (TMNT)
Day 48: Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie
Day 49: Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) Vs. Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma)

And now, we're going to hell for this match-up.

1661979266545.png

V1, the blood-fueled killing machine from Ultrakill!

VS!

1661979237250.png

Zan, the Bonebreaker from Hedon!

Ever since Doom came out, there have been stories of badasses going straight into hell just to kick some demon ass! And it all culminates to these two!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

V1: VS Battle Wiki
Zan: VS Battle Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x5
AlRex AlRex x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x33

21-30 Noms
---

11-20 Noms
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x20
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
John Price Vs. John Wick x17
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x16
The Blob Vs. The Thing x16
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x15
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x15

Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x14
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x12

1-10 Noms
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x10
Itchy Vs. Jerry x7
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x7
Fatalis Vs. Seth x5
Reptar Vs. Powdered Toast Man x4
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x3
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x1
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x1

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
This battle was just as hog wild as its result! The winner is Ganon!

We have our new week up, everybody!

Day 43: V1 (Ultrakill) Vs. Zan (Hedon Bloodright)
Day 44: Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Vs. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Day 45: Arlong (One Piece) Vs. King Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
Day 46: The Doctor (Doctor Who) Vs. Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty)
Day 47: Cobra Commander (G.I. Joe) Vs. Shredder (TMNT)
Day 48: Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie
Day 49: Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) Vs. Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma)

And now, we're going to hell for this match-up.

View attachment 359997
V1, the blood-fueled killing machine from Ultrakill!

VS!

View attachment 359996
Zan, the Bonebreaker from Hedon!

Ever since Doom came out, there have been stories of badasses going straight into hell just to kick some demon ass! And it all culminates to these two!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

V1: VS Battle Wiki
Zan: VS Battle Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x5
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
---

11-20 Noms
Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x20
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
John Price Vs. John Wick x17
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x15

Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x14
Dennis Hopper Vs. Jim Carrey x13

1-10 Noms
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x10
Itchy Vs. Jerry x7
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x7
Fatalis Vs. Seth x5
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x3
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x1
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x1
The error of not combining dennis hopper bowser and Jim Carrey Eggman with Dennis Hopper and Jim Carrey is still on here, like I talked about in my previous post.

Mojo Jojo/Andross x10

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
Oooh, boy. My first nom: V1 vs. Zan.

I love both ULTRAKILL and HEDON, so I'll go over a brief overview of each character and, after that, my opinion on who would win, just like Leonidas vs. Takamori. Both of these blue blurs have shredded through Hell after facing near-annihilation, and their prowess is second to none.

IN THE BLUE CORNER! WEIGHING AN UNDETERMINED WEIGHT AND MEASURING APPROXIMATELY 6 FEET TALL! DON'T ASK THIS GOPRO TO RECORD A VIDEO! ALL IT'S GONNA RECORD IS YOUR TIME OF DEATH! IT'S THE SUPREME MACHINE THAT CAN HARDLY BE SEEN, IT'S...

V11111111111!!!!
1661992314084.png

MYM IS DEAD
BLOOD IS FUEL
DEATH BATTLE IS FULL

A supreme machine built for war, fueled by blood, participant and lucky survivor of the extermination of humanity. V1 is the playable character in ULTRAKILL and a nigh-unstoppable murder machine.

PROS:
Unlimited Fuel - If V1 can readily maintain its supply of fresh blood, it can theoretically run indefinitely.

Supersonic Speed - V1 is more than fast enough to punch its own bullets. Yes, you heard that right. It can also ride its own fired rockets.

Super Strength - V1 is able to deflect punches from the mighty Corpse of King Minos, who easily crushed a concrete ceiling.

Arsenal - V1 has an incredibly varied and strong arsenal. His laundry list of weaponry consists of multiple revolvers (which can shoot energy beams/deflect coins), shotguns (which double as a grenade launcher/improvised rocket launcher), automatic nailguns (which can overheat/lay down magnets), sawblade launchers (see above), a rocket launcher which can stop its own rockets in mid-air, and three railcannons that can fire electrically-charged laser beams, fire out deadly drills, and cause massive explosions.

Maneuverability - V1 can easily reach incredibly high speeds in seconds from sliding around, dashing, jumping, and using grappling hooks.

Parry - V1 can parry most projectiles, making them fly backwards with increased speed and power. This includes coins, energy blasts, his own bullets, sawblades, and even the light of an angel.

Unlimited Ammunition - Most of V1's weapons utilize scrap metal or heat itself to create projectiles, making his ammunition virtually unlimited.

CONS:
Fragility - Compared to other machines, even lesser machines, V1 is frail due to having pores in its armor to soak up blood. It can easily be overheated or simply shot to death.

Weakness at Range - V1's weapons primarily function best at close to medium range. He has issues with fighting at range, given the spread with his shotguns and railguns or the travel speed of his rockets. His only viable long-range weapons are his revolvers and railcannons that can only be fired occasionally.

Weakness to Electricity - Misusing electric weaponry, such as his Electric Railcannon, can fry his circuitry and kill him.

Middling Intelligence - V1 is proficient in combat, but doesn't show any particular prowess in intelligence. At the end of the day, he's still a machine and cannot think for himself.

Hard Damage - If V1 takes significant damage, his healing processes are interrupted for a short while, leaving him unable to heal up to the damage he's taken for about a second or two.

AAAND IN THE SLIGHTLY LIGHTER BLUE CORNER! WEIGHING IN AT APPROXIMATELY 300 LBS (mostly muscle!) AND COMING IN AT APPROXIMATELY 6'6"! IF YOU THOUGHT THE ORCS OF TAMRIEL WERE BAD, YOU DON'T WANT TO CROSS PATHS WITH THIS HALFBLOOD! SHE'S THE IRON MAIDEN OF THE IRON DIVISION, THE BRUTE OF THE BEAR WARRIORS, IT'S...

ZAN! THE! BONEBREAKEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!
1661992365199.png

The ringing of bells draws nearer as Zan advances. It's time to run this thread through the blade.

Sergeant of the Bear Warriors of the Iron Division, savior of the orc race, half-demon --- Zan is the centuries-old protagonist of the HEDON series and a half-orc half-demon who single handedly led a charge into Hell to save her people.

PROS:
Experience - Zan is well over 500 years old and it shows. She is an expert in multiple types of weaponry.

Super Strength - Zan is easily able to rip apart her foes with her bare hands and kick foes to death without a sweat. She is able to destroy large masses of stone and concrete, and she can even increase her own strength with potions.

Alchemy - Zan is a rather proficient alchemist, being able to craft potions that dissolve her foes, heal her, increase her strength, diffuse poisonous gas, and increase her speed.

Supersonic Speed - She is able to avoid bullets fired from the Paingun, which is roughly similar to a real-life minigun.

Maneuverability - Despite her muscular physique, Zan is incredibly acrobatic. She's able to glide along chains and hop from enemy-to-enemy easily.

Immortality - As an orc, Zan is functionally immortal and cannot die of age.

Supernatural Willpower - Zan's willpower is strong enough to force mind-controllers out of her head and kill them. She is able to fight for weeks, staving off starvation and dehydration, and like all members of the Iron Division can resist even the most advanced forms of torture.

Arsenal - Zan's arsenal is truly great. Strictly using her weaponry outside of Bearserker difficulty she has access to an automatic and burst firing spike launcher, the half-flamethrower half-shotgun Fragfire, the explosive-firing Crushbow, the metal-melting Potion Launcher, the semi-electric Crylance, the minigun-esque Paingun, and the health-absorbing projectile firing Hellclaw.

Intelligence - Defying stereotypes, Zan is pretty intelligent. She can repair major doors using Dwarven forges, make her own spells, and craft potions rather easily.

CONS:
Limited Ammunition - Zan has a limited amount of usable ammunition. She has to reload and only has so many shots before she runs completely dry.

Limited Armor - Zan's pendant, while providing her with suitable protection, can fail after taking too much damage and leave her virtually defenseless apart from her worn armor which... isn't a lot.

Limited Magic - Some of Zan's magical spells, such as the Scroll of Magma Ball, can be intercepted and/or shot down.

Weakness to Explosions - Much of Zan's weaponry, such as the Crushbow, Hellclaw, and the Scroll of Magma Ball are explosives that can seriously injure her at close range.

K.O.!
1661992385981.png

Analysis:

This would be an incredibly close fight. V1 and Zan are almost perfectly matched, and the fight would likely boil down to who's simply a better fighter.

It took Zan a while to take down the demonic legions, whereas V1 made Gabriel, an archangel of Heaven and the favored of God before His disappearance, his ***** twice in about 6 hours. V1 has cleared out rooms in seconds and simply has a great counter to Zan's weaponry; a large amount of her weapons and magic spells are projectiles, which V1 can handily parry.

V1 is more maneuverable than Zan thanks to his light frame and Whiplash. He's able to jump off walls and slam onto the ground to knock his foes into the air, which Zan simply cannot counter. His weaponry also lends itself to close-range combat, which Zan would likely go for anyways, which negates his range disadvantage. Zan is definitely much more intelligent than V1, but V1 was specifically designed for advanced combat mechanics in far-future wars, which lends itself to clever strategies.

Zan can definitely do damage to V1 with her hands and supersonic, un-deflectable projectiles such as the Crylance. Zan's resistance to damage ultimately puts her at an advantage, as she'd be more open to risky attacks that threaten her well-being which V1 can’t afford. Finally, since V1 is repaired and fueled by blood, with each hit he deals to Zan the more powerful he gets while the weaker she gets — but if he’s damaged, he’ll be unable to heal from her for a few seconds which can prove critical in a battle like this.

If Zan can land as little as one or two hits on V1 he’s probably out of commission. If she can pin him down for even a second then an acid potion from the potion launcher can melt through V1’s incredibly thin shell, and if V1 messes up a parry then he’s toast. Zan also has a heavy experience advantage, serving in the Bear Warriors for well over 400 years.

Given these facts… who do I say wins? I’m going to very, very, very, very tentatively give this to Zan. Zan is faster on the ground and has tools to deal with V1, such as a rather long-range flamethrower which V1 has shown to be weak to in the past. That being said, if V1 can chip through her armor with coin shots and railcannon blasts then there’s no reason to think V1 can’t take this. But if he gets too close — which he likely will have to eventually — Zan can easily punish him with her axe, which can cleave through human flesh like butter, her fists, which have also been shown to go through human flesh like butter, and her legs, which… you can probably guess.

Looks like V1 put up a Hell of a fight but was destined to have the blues. The winner is Zan the Bonebreaker.

Noms:
Captain John Price (Call of Duty) vs. John Wick (eponymous) x5
Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy) vs. Hades, God of the Underworld (Kid Icarus) x3
Polish Hussars vs. Mongol Army x1
Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds) vs. Dexter Morgan (Dexter) x1​

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This fight was hedonistic bliss and ended with a spectacular ultrakill! The winner is Zan the Bonebreaker!

In the farthest reaches of east Asia, a battle is a-brewin'...

1662055806646.png

Aang, the Last Airbender!

VS!

1662055822437.png

Po, the Kung Fu Panda!

At the start of their journies, you would never think they'd become the mightiest heroes of their worlds, combining masterful martial arts with mastery over the mystical!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Aang: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
Po: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario x5
wizfoot wizfoot x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x5
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms

21-30 Noms
John Price Vs. John Wick x22

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x20
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x18
Itchy Vs. Jerry x17

Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x15

1-10 Noms
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x10
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x4
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x4
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x2
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x2
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x1

AlRex

Smash Lord
I missed the last one, dang. Anyways, based on the more transcendental levels Po seems to get in later series material, I would have to guess he has it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I don't think I'm educated enough on Avatar to really judge, but Po doesn't have much ranged in his arsenal until Kung Fu Panda 3, IIRC. Aang could just blow him away with air powers if he doesn't use the stuff he got in KFP3.

There's also a terrible cartoon series where Po magically loses everything he has from KFP3 and becomes a pushover who would easily be beaten by Aang, but I'd like to believe we're ignoring that.

Not sure who would win.

Nominations:

Leatherhead (TMNT) vs Killer Croc x5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The outage earlier today has made me decide to extend the day. Aang Vs. Po is still going on!

Noms:
Ultraman Vs. Kingprotea (Fate Series) x5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Po made Aang go bam-boom! The winner is Po!

Our next match-up comes from the early days of beloved shonen franchises:

1662227752771.png

Arlong, the shark-like pirate from One Piece!

VS!

1662227770392.png

King Piccolo, the demon king from Dragon Ball!

Back in the day, it was a much simpler time for protagonists. No godlike powers, no universe-threatening forces, just plain, good old-fashioned fun for the story! These two villains represent such an era!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Arlong: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
King Piccolo: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms

21-30 Noms
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x21

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x20
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x17
Itchy Vs. Jerry x17

1-10 Noms
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x10
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Leatherhead Vs. Killer Croc x5
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x3
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x3
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x1

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Arlong's got strength advantage given the man can pick up and throw entire houses and crush cannonballs fired out of a ship with his teeth, and he has the reaction time to do it. Speed is more up in the air. During King Piccolo's arc, Mr. Popo, who is blatantly weaker than King Piccolo, is "faster than lightning", so it's possible KP can blitz Arlong. The speed is not nearly as elaborated on and demonstrated as Arlong's strength, though, so I will give it to Arlong.

Nominate Pokemon/Lions x10

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Dennis UK VS Dennis US X3
MacGyver VS Jigsaw X2
Zorotl VS Crazy Frog X1

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
1662277744595.png

to be honest I'm not even going to do an extensive comparison here. Let me put King Piccolo's best feat against Arlong's durability:

King Piccolo Destroys a City in one ki blast.

Arlong is defeated by Luffy kicking him down through a 5 story building.

For context, King Piccolo is thrown through a building by Kid Goku and it barely phases him - in fact, it only makes him more angry. It would be one thing if King Piccolo couldn't replicate that same level of physical strength, but he is able to create massive craters in the ground with a punch. The force needed to do this would require around the same amount of energy as it would to bring down a wooden building the size of Arlong Park, especially considering Arlong Park's collapse was also due to Arlong and Luffy having done massive amounts of damage to the foundation of the building in their fight leading up to the final blow on the 5th floor.

Arlong realistically does possess similar if not greater physical strength than Luffy and could this also replicate this feat. He does possess the strength to flip a building upside down which is absolutely insane and definitely has a unique ability in his bite strength being able to catch and crush cannonballs in his mouth. The matter of speed is another issue. While Demon King Piccolo's speed isn't demonstrated in an in-depth way, there is at least one instance of him moving at imperceivable speeds (which, according to a few articles seems to indicate he can travel at least 38,000 miles per hour), whereas Arlong's best speed feat of catching cannonballs would put him as being able to react to objects moving at about 600 miles per hour, which is roughly how fast an average cannonball travels.

I'm gonna hand the W to King Piccolo pretty easily here

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Piccolo really piped up this match, and Arlong was a fish out of water. The winner is King Piccolo!

Let see what this multiverse of madness has in store for us...

1662320205280.png

The Doctor, the space-time jumping Time Lord from Doctor Who!

VS!

1662320219689.png

Rick Sanchez, the drunk dimension-hopper from Rick & Morty!

Multiverse theory is an easy, yet deep, concept to grasp: our observable universe isn't the only universe. This match-up is between two people who have seen far beyond our universe and then some!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

The Doctor: VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
Rick Sanchez: VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Rychu Rychu x10
AlRex AlRex x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms

21-30 Noms
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x22
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x22

11-20 Noms
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x20
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20

Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x18
The Blob Vs. The Thing x18
Itchy Vs. Jerry x17
Each Gen 1 Pokemon Vs. 1,000,000,000 Lions x15
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x12

1-10 Noms
Green Goblin Vs. Albert Wesker x10
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x4
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x4
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I’ll ultimately boil this down to: the Doctor has years of more provable experience, is less killable, and as clever as Rick can be, he won’t be that much new for the Doctor. The Doctor basically already deals with an outright evil version of themselves, basically, with the Master. Rick might say more crude things, but otherwise won’t really be shocking. Also definitely predicting that Morty will have a crush on whatever lady companion is traveling with the Doctor if both are involved.

Nominations
Dennis UK VS Dennis US X2
Thing VS Blob X1
MacGyver VS Jigsaw X1
Zorotl VS Crazy Frog X1
I’ll nominate Potato VS M&M again next round.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The battle was short on time, but had plenty of space for this result! The winner is The Doctor!

Time for some 80's action this time 'round!

1662402206489.png

Cobra Commander, the founder of COBRA!

VS!

1662402238278.png

Shredder, the bladed leader of the Foot Clan!

G.I. Joe and TMNT were the source of a lot of happiness for people who lived their childhoods in the 80's! But for TMNT and GI Joe, there were these vile leaders to oppose the beloved heroes!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Cobra Commander: DB Fanon Wiki
Shredder: DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x5
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms

21-30 Noms
Each Gen 1 Pokemon Vs. 1,000,000,000 Lions x25
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x24
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x23
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x22
Itchy Vs. Jerry x22

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
The Blob Vs. The Thing x19
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x18
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x13

1-10 Noms
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x5
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x5
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x3

My nominations:
ROB VS Astrobot x2
Mojo Jojo VS Andross x1
Grugg (Croods) VS Fred Flintstone x1
Grey Fox (Metal Gear) VS Snake Eyes x1

I believe that Shredder would win the battle, because he could turn himself into Super shredder and defeat Cobra commander with his powers (unless Cobra commander could dodge his attacks like he dodged lasers according to DBF wiki).

In terms of strength, Shredder could take the lead because he was so strong that he threw an oil tanker (which it would kill CC) as Super shredder while CC is very strong that when he hits the table, everything bounces up and smashes.
So that means that Shredder is stronger than CC.

As for their durability skills, Shredder can survive a 1000ft fall while Cobra Commander survived while being sent out from exploding helicopter (although it's unknown how high the helicopter was in the air). Shredder even touched once the lava and it didn't hurt him at all while Cobra Commander got thrown into a stack of metal canisters and wasn't hurt at all (not by falling or hurting himself).
So this possibly means that Shredder is likely to survive CC's attacks.

We know that they are both agile, but Shredder seems faster than him because he moves faster than the eye sees (Although CC is also fast since like I said earlier, he could dodge a barrage of lasers, but I think Shredder would be faster than him).

As for their equipment, CC has laser gun and his robotic minions while Shredder has claws, laser sword and katana (There might be a scenario where CC shoots the lasers at Shredder, but he "would" deflect them at CC, countering his attacks).
Although CC has also dinosaurs in his arsenal, so this possibly means that Cobra commander has more stronger weapons than Shredder (not to mention that his laser carved his image on the moon that could be seen from Earth).
(Unless Shredder has his super gene, so then Shredder could take the lead in terms of equipment)

However, if they both have their own armies during the battle as assists, then Shredder's foot clan could defeat the cobra army (Foot clan has Technodrome, so it would defeat COBRA army easily). Although they don't appear in this battle because it only focuses on Shredder and CC.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Version of the character definitely matters a lot for Shredder with how many versions there are of him. I mean no disrespect to other Shredders, but the most natural matchup for these two would probably be the classic versions since those two cartoons are the most related and probably why the matchup was suggested. If it was the 87 Shredder vs the original Cobra Commander, I would probably give it to Cobra Commander. Say whatever you will about 87 Shredder himself, but Cobra Commander is generally a character who wouldn't fight without an army and I'd take his army over Shredder's useless foot ninjas any day.

If it's basically any other version of Shredder he should win pretty easily though.

Noms:
Aku (Samurai Jack) vs Him (Powerpuff Girls) x5

AlRex

Smash Lord
In a one on one fight, I’ll go for Shredder, since he’s a trained ninja compared to Cobra Commander who used to apparently be a used car salesman, or so I’ve heard. Army battle…if it’s just FOOT VS COBRA, I’d say despite their marksmanship, COBRA wins. If Dimension X stuff and all the other weird tech and mutants count, though, then the Shredder tears through Cobra Commander and his forces. So, 2 out of 3, I give it to Shred-Head.

Nominations
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x2
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x2
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Venom was spat at both sides, but only one of them could make the cut! The winner is Shredder!

Now then, our newest match-up is a video game throwback!

1662510290147.png

Ratchet & Clank, the Solana Galaxy's duo of heroes!

VS!

1662510302316.png

Banjo & Kazooie, the rare duo of Bear & Bird!

We all know the Mario vs. Crash rivalry, right? That's why we had those commercials of the dude in the Crash mascot calling out Nintendo! Though one is no longer Nintendo, this still can count as a new spin on the Nintendo-Sony rivalry!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Ratchet & Clank: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
Banjo & Kazooie: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms

21-30 Noms
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x26
Each Gen 1 Pokemon Vs. 1,000,000,000 Lions x25
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x24
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x24
Itchy Vs. Jerry x22
The Blob Vs. The Thing x21

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x20
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x15

1-10 Noms
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x6
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x6
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x5
Aku Vs. Him x5
Toy Story Gang Vs. Chucky x5
Tingle Vs. Wario x3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's no fight here, Ratchet and Clank win very handily with a far greater and vastly more powerful array of weapons of gadgets at their disposal. He has all sorts of plasma guns with basic functionalities and some other stuff like buzz saws, he can call on Mr Zurkon, the Agents of Doom, Kilonoids and Mr Fungi as extra assists and use a Netherbeast weapon to summon the Netherbeast creatures, Megaturret gloves to put turrets down, the Groovitron which causes everyone to start dancing without exception, the Headhunter and Zoni Gun which can slow down time, miniguns, various grenades, rocket launchers, drones, a Mini Nuke, the Void Repulsor can block attacks and then fire back at the foe, the Drillhound and Negatron Collider can go through various obstacles, The Arbiter which can fire rockets with explosions that reverberate throughout all of time and space and so on, we'd be here forever if we listed every single one item in Ratchet's equipment set but...

The real stars of Ratchet's arsenal are the various iterations of the RYNO which have repeatedly gotten more ridiculous with each passing game with the RYNO V being said to be banned on a universal scale. Almost all versions take the form of an extreme barrage of homing missiles but the RYNO 6 takes the form of a mech suit whilst the RYNO 8 is able to open a dimensional portal and draw in random objects to obliterate the foe.

Ratchet's able to augment his armour to various settings as needed so he can apply major buffs to his damage output and defensive properties, he also has the Tesla barrier which blocks all damage dealt up to a certain threshold. He's been able to survive a small explosion of Zoni bio-energy which is stated to be the most powerful energy source in the Omniverse (for intents and purposes, we'll settle on the R&C Multiverse rather than something that demonstrably doesn't hold up if one considers how bull**** insane some franchises can get). Clank should reasonably scale to him but he also packs his own arsenal of lasers and rockets and can even become a giant robot with increased potency all around and due to his Zoni Soul, is immune to time manipulation.

The scale of the threats Ratchet and Clank are up against are also generally of a galactic, if not universal or even interdimensional scale which puts them far, far beyond any of Banjo & Kazooie's capabilities and I don't think fourth wall awareness helps here when they're up against a One Lombax and Zoni Robot Army. This was a major set up on par with Storm v Korra.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Banjo-Kazooie is like one of the three scrimblo platforming series to not have it's protagonist slay an eldritch god or visit a twisted multiverse, right? And like, Ratchet and Clank have tons of guns, that's their whole deal. Ratchet takes this one easy.

Itchy vs. Jerry x 5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The only particularly powerful character from Banjo to scale off of for canon battling is L.O.G., the main villain totally benevolent NPC from Nuts and Bolts. He is a godlike being who can warp reality, but it's not like he's fought directly or ever defeated so he won't really be of much help here. If you want to stretch, the GBA game nobody played gives them access to time travel to theoretically kill Ratchet as a baby or whatever, but it's not like they control where they come out in time.

I guess you can say the wonderwing makes them invulnerable like it does in the game? Even within the game, there are some things that can go through it like falling into a pit and dying, so it's clearly not impervious to attack.

Obvious Banjo loss. Mumbo, Grunty, and of course L.O.G. would all fare much better in canon battling.

Nominations
Aku/Him x5
Mumbo/Kamek x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom