• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I think Palutena has a wider variety of powers and attacks to use, and it’s likely that she even already knows who Rosalina is, but IIRC, Rosalina can mess around with black holes and reset the universe or something of that nature. So I guess Rosalina wins.

Nominations
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X4
Mr. Potato Head VS the Red M&M X2
The Blob VS the Thing X2
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK)
How many noms for Dennis vs Dennis?

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
Love you, Palutena... but Rosalina washes. As powerful as Palutena is she is only one of a handful of gods, and Rosalina has demonstrated the ability to easily reset the entire ****ing universe.

I like Kid Icarus more than SMG but there's no way Palutena could really win this.

(sorry for the short writeup my resources have been expended for whenever we do saigo vs. leonidas)

edit: i ****ing hate this website's draft system

Noms:

V1 (ULTRAKILL) vs. Zan (HEDON Bloodrite) x5
Captain John Price (Call of Duty) vs. John Wick (eponymous) x3
Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds) vs. Dexter Morgan (Dexter) x2

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Measuring Rosalina's abilities off of an extract underexplained ending is all people are going to do with the character, because she doesn't do much else.

I will say the status of Rosalina's ""black holes"" are dubious and blatantly nothing like real life black holes. People on death battle wiki like to say any character with a black hole is instantly incredibly strong, but the fact multiple characters such as Bowser go through the black hole and come out perfectly fine afterwards should make it clear that they are blatantly not the same as real life black holes and are basically just standard fantasy fare portals.

Outside of pretending her black holes are real life black holes, she has nothing useful, so I will give it to Palutena.

Nominations
Arlong vs King Piccolo x5
(New) Dennis Hopper King Koopa (SMB Movie) vs Jim Carrey Eggman x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
That was a divine victory that was out of this world! The winner is Rosalina!

Feeling a little blue today...maybe it's because of these two.

1661537818487.png

Knight Artorias, the Abysswalker!

VS!

1661537842996.png

Nightmare, the Symbol of Destruction!

These two powerful knights were once the embodiments of heroism, their tales sung throughout time...but sometimes, the hero lives long enough to see themselves become villains.

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Artorias the Abysswalker: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
Nightmare: VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
wizfoot wizfoot x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
AlRex AlRex x10
@Darkonedagger x5
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
Arlong Vs. King Piccolo x29
V1 Vs. Zan x25
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x24
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x24
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x21

11-20 Noms
Aang Vs. Po x20
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x19

Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x15
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x15

1-10 Noms
John Price Vs. John Wick x10
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x10
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x9
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x6
The Blob Vs. The Thing x6
Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x5
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x5
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x2
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x1

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While my actual knowledge of the lore of these two is quite lacking, I think Nightmare would be the winner considering the power of the Soul Edge.

Also Noms:
  • Arthur vs Sigurd x5
  • Constantine vs Hellboy x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Pardon my total lack of understanding for Dark Souls lore since apparently it's deeper than space, but isn't the Abyss the collective Humanity of human and undead in the Dark Souls world? Not to mention, Artorias has been driven mad by it and is touched by it, too. Sure, Nightmare's a bit insane from Soul Edge's power, but that proposes another strange issue: would the Abyss destroy Nightmare's psyche even further than it already is if he attempts to absorb Artorias's soul, or would it further empower Nightmare?

Noms:
Fatalis (Monster Hunter) Vs. Seth (Shin Megami Tensei) x5

Last edited:

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
I'll have a write-up for a few big matches the future, but for now... normal format, I guess.

I'm not too familiar with either, but I'm actually going to give it for Artorias given his functional immortality (resistance to deadly hits) and being strong enough to probably break Nightmare with his bare hands. Artorias can also likely outlast Nightmare given his surviving the Abyss (and even being amplified by it) and if he can fight off Nightmare long enough then Nightmare will eventually just die out if I understand correctly.

Noms:

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
That was a divine victory that was out of this world! The winner is Palutena!

Feeling a little blue today...maybe it's because of these two.

View attachment 359616
Knight Artorias, the Abysswalker!

VS!

View attachment 359617
Nightmare, the Symbol of Destruction!

These two powerful knights were once the embodiments of heroism, their tales sung throughout time...but sometimes, the hero lives long enough to see themselves become villains.

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Artorias the Abysswalker: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
Nightmare: VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
wizfoot wizfoot x10
AlRex AlRex x10
@Darkonedagger x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
V1 Vs. Zan x25
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x24
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x21

11-20 Noms
Aang Vs. Po x20
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x19

Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x15
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x15

1-10 Noms
John Price Vs. John Wick x10
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x10
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x9
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x6
The Blob Vs. The Thing x6
Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x5
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x5
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x1
Actually, Rosalina is the winner because more people voted for her.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
While Nightmare took the sanity of Siegfried when he took over him, Nightmare is his own entity with his own intelligence. Nightmare eventually separates from Siegfried entirely as a character and lives without having a host. Yes, Nightmare is fully evil with no redeeming traits, but he has basic intelligence and can speak when he needs to. This is to say, Nightmare's intelligence means he is more skilled as a fighter than Artorias, who is fully insane to the point he can't speak and is just using very brutish and unskilled displays of strength after having entered his current state.

The characters Nightmare fights are all of the other characters from his fighting game series who have also all generally killed/defeated hundreds/thousands of warriors similar to Artorias' backstory, while Artorias has not interacted with many other named characters in his lore. If you want to meme, there's also the possibility of Nightmare scaling off of Star Wars guest characters from Soul Calibur 4.

All in Nightmare.

Nominations:

Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x10

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I dunno Dark Souls that well. Link, Spawn, Darth Vader, and Kratos could probably all clear it easily, despite its hard reputation, and Nightmare fought all of those guys, so I say he wins. Don’t take this answer too seriously.

Nominations
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X2
Mr. Potato Head VS the Red M&M X2
The Blob VS the Thing X2
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) X2
MacGyver VS John Kramer/Jigsaw (Saw) X2

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Pardon my total lack of understanding for Dark Souls lore since apparently it's deeper than space, but isn't the Abyss the collective Humanity of human and undead in the Dark Souls world? Not to mention, Artorias has been driven mad by it and is touched by it, too. Sure, Nightmare's a bit insane from Soul Edge's power, but that proposes another strange issue: would the Abyss destroy Nightmare's psyche even further than it already is if he attempts to absorb Artorias's soul, or would it further empower Nightmare?

Noms:
Fatalis (Monster Hunter) Vs. Seth (Shin Megami Tensei) x5
I'm not a Dark Souls person either, but I doubt Soul Edge could be corrupted by the abyss looking it up. Nightmare is just one of the physical manifestations of Soul Edge (generally the main one), which is a cursed sword similar to what the abyss did to Artorias' sword. There's no human to corrupt, unless this is Nightmare who still is using Siegfried as a host, in which case it could corrupt Siegfried but Nightmare already has dominance over Siegfried anyway.

Soul Edge is also a shapeshifting sword and can turn into any weapon, and when it takes a physical manifestation like Nightmare, it also turns into other creatures, most prominently the fiery humanoid called Inferno. The point being, if you can shapeshift, you should generally be able to rid your body of things like diseases or curses.

Even if it could corrupt Nightmare, there's nothing to guarantee the fight takes place in the abyss anyway.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
In the end, Artorias's dreams turned into a nightmare! The winner is Nightmare!

We're going into myths again today, everybody!

1661632385310.png

Maui, the trickster demigod from Polynesian myth!

VS!

1661632411213.png

Arjuna, the hero of the Mahabharata!

Sometimes, we gain power strong enough to change the world. Fortunately, they use it for the better of the world they live in!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x15
AlRex AlRex x10
wizfoot wizfoot x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
Aang Vs. Po x30
V1 Vs. Zan x30
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x26
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x23

11-20 Noms
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x20
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x20

Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman x15
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x15
John Price Vs. John Wick x13
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x12

1-10 Noms
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x10
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x10
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x8
The Blob Vs. The Thing x8
Fatalis Vs. Seth x5
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x4
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x2
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x2
The Blob Vs. The Thing x2
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x2

From what I’m reading, Arjuna is blessed with great knowledge, and may be tactically smarter, because of this, but Maui himself is a super strong trickster. This is going to be a fairly bare-bones description, but I think this’d be hard-fought, with Maui having just a bit more stamina to outlast.

Last edited:

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
Minor write-up while I finish tomorrow's big project. Maui wins, in my opinion. He's stronger and more practically intelligent.

Noms:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is a hard one, as both Arjuna and Maui are characterized as having pretty ridiculous feats that probably aren't meant to be taken completely literally.

Arjuna is the more down-to-earth one of the two, usually faced with moral dilemmas rather than opponents he needs to go 1v1 but that doesn't mean he's not a menace at armed combat. Notably, he wielded Gandiva on at least one occasion, an indestructible divine bow that comes with quivers full of inexhaustible arrows. Sure, he later had to return it but for the duration, he was able to battle with gods and demons with the help of Krishna. He also has other magical weapons, such as Aindrastra, which summons a shower of arrows from the sky, flame-summoning Agneyastra, torrent-summoning Varunastra, and even the almighty Pashupastra. No matter how armed he is, Arjuna was a war machine in the Kurushetra war, using his arrows on powerful kings and over 1 million soldiers.

That being said, it's hard to compare him to Maui, as Maui is arguably on the level of gods Arjuna wasn't able to beat. There's no singular description of him that we can draw from like Mahabharata but he was able to bring island-sized fishes (and sometimes straight-up islands) up to the surface and slow down the sun itself with his magical fishhook (or used his hair to trap it) at the least. These may not have many uses in battle but it sure shows his strength. In some tales, he's powerful enough to beat gods in wrestling and force them to accept their ends of bets. Maui is also able to shapeshift but that does not always end up in his favor, as proven by the tale of him being squished to death when he took the form of a worm. Still, it's one thing he can use to say, hide from Arjuna's arrows if necessary.

Ultimately, I say that Arjuna is definitely the better fighter between the two of them, as Maui is more of a trickster rather than a combatant and even if his strength is above Arjuna's level, he'd need to use his hook to get in his range. They both have faults that give them disadvantages in battle: Arjuna is impulsive and temperamental while Maui can jump into situations without thinking first. If one wins by exploiting the other's weakness, it'd likely be Maui who uses his famous cunning to find the various drawbacks of Arjuna's astras, while tricking him into a situation he can win. However, that's only if he's able to dodge Arjuna's destructive projectiles. I think they'd be closely matched in close combat, as Arjuna is better equipped but Maui is possibly stronger.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Both characters are absurdly overpowered in their own myths, but I think the winner would be Maui considering that most of Arjuna strength is quite more unstable than the former.

Le Noms:
  • Kyo Kusanagi vs Ace x5
  • Sigurd vs Arthur x5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Arjuna seems to have perished to the more deva-ous fighter here! The winner is Maui!

So we had a mythological Death Battle in Heracles Vs. Sun Wukong. Let’s go a step further with a historical Death Battle:

1661698465705.png

Leonidas I, King of the Spartans!

VS!

1661698520756.png

Saigo Takamori, the Last Samurai!

They faced impossible odds, leading small numbers against nigh-unbeatable forces. Though they perished, their valiant stands are remembered to this day!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Leonidas: Wikipedia Page
Saigo: Wikipedia Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
osby osby x10
wizfoot wizfoot x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer X10
AlRex AlRex X10

Nom Count:
41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
V1 Vs. Zan x35

21-30 Noms
Aang Vs. Po x30
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x28
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x25
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x21

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
John Price Vs. John Wick x16
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x15
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x14
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x11

1-10 Noms
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x10
The Blob Vs. The Thing x10
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x6
Fatalis Vs. Seth x5
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x4
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x3

Last edited:

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
Here we go. Leonidas I, Co-King of Sparta, versus Saigō Takamori. Two very interesting candidates more alike than you may think; both died amidst rebellious last stands against an encroaching empire, both were members of ancient warrior cultures, both were honored for years after their death, both are recognized as heroes in their modern countries, and both had really good Sabaton songs made after them.

IN THE BLUE CORNER! WEIGHING IN AT AROUND 240 LBS AND MEASURING AT 5'11"! DEFYING THE RESTORATION'S RENOVATION, HE'S THE REBELLIOUS RŌNIN, THE SATSUMA SAMURAI, GIVE IT UP FOR...

SAIGŌŌŌŌŌŌ TAKAAAAMOOOORIIIIIIIIII!!!!
1661647864198.png

BUSHIDO! DIGNIFIED! IT'S THE LAST STAND OF THE SAMURAI!

A former frontman for the Meiji Restoration (a popular revolt against the Tokugawa Shogunate from 1868 to 1889 that saw the Emperor restored to control) and later its greatest foe, Saigō Takamori was initially a pro-restoration official that betrayed the restoration after its message changed from Japanese nationalism against western imperialism to adoption of western government and influence. He would ultimately make a desperate last stand at the Battle of Shiroyama, the apex of his Satsuma Rebellion (January-September 1877), where he would commit suicide after a failed suicide charge.

PROS:
Modern Technology - Takamori's forces are equipped with modern weaponry, including artillery, breech-loading rifles, and explosives.

Modern Tactics - Despite its traditionalist agenda, the Satsuma Rebellion used modern tactics and even surprisingly relevant ones such as guerilla warfare against the Imperial forces.

Expert Cavalry - The samurai have always traditionally been horseback archers. The traditional image of a sword-wielding ground force, while accurate to an extent, is not what the samurai were primarily trained in and used for.

Chūgi - "Warriors are responsible for everything that they have done and everything that they have said and all of the consequences that follow." Samurai remain loyal to a fault, and will always honor the will of their daimyō.

CONS:
Limited Resources - Saigō's forces, while proficient in modern tactics and experts of cavalry, had limited ammunition and horses. By the time of their final charge, they had only a handful of horses for their hundreds of troops and were completely dry on ammunition.

Weak Metal - Japanese ore is notoriously flimsy --- it's why katana are folded so many times. Iron and steel primarily comes from iron found in sand, and as such the armor of the samurai was weak and primarily padded with leather to keep its form and strength.

Numbers - Compared to Leonidas's 1,200 Spartans, Saigō only has 500 samurai. This is a numbers disadvantage of over 2:1.

AAAND IN THE RED CORNER! WEIGHING IN AT APPROXIMATELY 154 LBS AND MEASURING AT AROUND 5'9"! HE'S THE TITAN OF THERMOPYLAE, THE HEGEMON OF HEROISM! HE'LL TAKE AFTER HIS NAMESAKE AND MAKE YOU ROAR HIS NAME! IT'S...

LEONIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS I!!!
1661648024957.png

GLORY AND DEATH! SPARTANS WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

Co-King of Sparta and a titan of Greek history, King Leonidas I was the leader of the Spartan coalition during the Second Greco-Persian War and led the Greeks to immortality at the Battle of Thermopylae. While ultimately losing the battle and letting Persian forces enter an abandoned Athens, his heroism led to the deaths of over 20,000 Persians at the cost of only 4,000 Greeks, a ratio of 5:1, and arguably led to some of the most major views of European identity and the future "unification" of Greece thanks to the post-battle writings of Herodotus.

PROS:
Spartiátiki Timí - Spartans are born and die around a culture of supreme honor. Spartans will quite literally never give up, and they would rather die in combat than live to be an old man. Spartans will face off unstoppable odds and seemingly unwinnable battles to simply die in combat as a hero. "Come back on a shield or don't come back at all."

Numbers - While only having 300 hoplites, the actual number of Spartan troops at Thermopylae was 1,200. The total number of Greek troops was around 7,000, but that's a bit too excessive.

Stronger Armor - The bronze armor and shields of the Spartans are stronger than the predominantly iron and crude steel weaponry of the samurai. The Spartans also have shields --- pretty damn good shields, at that --- which were frowned upon by samurai culture.

Stronger Men - Spartan warriors were, on average, extremely muscular and strong due to their warrior upbringing. Compared to the samurai, a single Spartan could probably beat a few in an arm-wrestling contest.

CONS:
Ancient Tactics - Sparta flourished in Antiquity, and as such their tactics are built around ancient combat. They have never thought about, let alone encountered, modern weaponry.

Limited Armor - Spartan armor primarily consisted of an armored skirt, large shield, breastplate, and helmet. Major parts of the extremities, such as most of the arms up to the shoulders and legs up to the knees, are left exposed.

Lack of Range - In contrast to the guns, bows, and artillery of the samurai, almost every Greek city state abhorred the "cowardly" and "distasteful" nature of the bow and arrow. Lightly-armored slingers and archers may exist, primarily to back up the phalanx, but the bread-and-butter hoplites and the Spartan rank-and-file will not use ranged weaponry on principle.

K.O.!
1661648053869.png

Analysis:

Initially, Saigō seems like the frontrunner. He has modern tactics, weaponry, and cavalry. But... that's about where his advantages end. The soldiers of Sparta were better motivated and better suited for impossible battles, as evidenced by their 5:1 casualty rate against the Persians compared to Takamori's 3:50 casualty rate. Out of the 30,000 troops amassed by the Imperial army only 30 were killed compared to Takamori's 500 deaths --- his total troop count, including himself.

While the guns sound like they could shred through the ancient armor of the Spartans, bronze is actually thicker and stronger than iron. The only reason bronze fell into disuse was the collapse of the tin trade, not because iron was stronger. The bullets used by Takamori's troops were primarily .58 caliber lead balls, which combined with their low muzzle velocity and un-jacketed composition tended to flatten or even break on impact. Most of the shots would be non-lethal or even non-injuring unless the head or legs were hit.

The Spartans would likely advance via the phalanx, a combat formation specifically designed to avoid frontal attacks, which the rifles would be. Phalanges were vulnerable to the top and sides, and while this could be exploited by the samurai's cavalry the cavalry could be fended off by the other Spartans, who wielded spears --- expert anti-cavalry weapons. The phalanx would also be covered by cavalry and skirmishers, and perhaps most importantly slingers and archers in the back.

1661648084521.png

Theoretically the phalanx could be destroyed by artillery, but keep in mind that Takamori's troops are primarily extremely traditional samurai who do not have experience with modern weapons. In addition, the phalanx is capable of splitting apart --- most famously in the "bull horns" tactic, where the phalanx would split into multiple groups and surround the enemy --- which would help circumvent damage done to the formation.

Finally, if it comes down to a 1v1... Leonidas claps Saigō. HARD. Saigō was overweight and had little actual combat prowess, whereas Leonidas was bred as a warrior and was extremely muscular --- like most Spartans.

Looks like Sparta managed to Greek by. The winner is Leonidas I.

Nominations:
V1 (ULTRAKILL) vs. Zan the Bonebreaker (HEDON Bloodrite) (5x)
Winged Hussars vs. Mongolian Army (3x)
John Price (Call of Duty) vs. John Wick (eponymous) (1x)
Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Hades (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (1x)​

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I don’t have much to add to the analysis, Wizfoot covered it very well, so I’ll probably also put my vote in for Leonidas if it’s an army fight.

Nominations
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The result was obvious hot out the gates! The winner is Leonidas I!

Want some nightmares tonight? Alrighty, then!

1661805783900.png

Barney, the purple dinosaur!

VS!

1661805753842.png

Mr. Blobby, the clown from Noel's House Party!

Sometimes we look back at some children's shows and realize, holy crap these are creepy. Like, you'd expect to find them in German bedtime stories. Well good news, we're going to have one less creepy mascot after this!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10
wizfoot wizfoot x10
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
V1 Vs. Zan x40

21-30 Noms
Aang Vs. Po x30
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x30
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x27
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x22

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
John Price Vs. John Wick x17
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x12
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x12
The Blob Vs. The Thing x12

1-10 Noms
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x8
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x6
Fatalis Vs. Seth x5
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x4
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x3
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x1

AlRex

Smash Lord
Barney is a surprisingly powerful entity, utilizing magic frequently, can teleport seemingly anywhere and summon seemingly anything, and can even be seen sometimes messing with stars and space. However, he is powered by the children’s imagination. Blobby is very real, at least in whatever he appears in, in context, and he is willing to cause chaos and destruction. Plus he can also seemingly grow much larger than a star, teleport anywhere, and summon other Blobbys into existence, at least in his music video. Would Blobby go so far as to kill children in his chaotic ways? Or would he simply sway them over to his side through his strange mix of potential intimidation and persuasion? He has some ways around Barney, possibly, and he has more of a vicious streak, as Barney may be too naive and dopey to immediately go for the kill. So, tentatively, I say Mr. Blobby wins.

Nominations
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw [to clarify, this is John Kramer from Saw, not the Punisher villain] x2

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mr. Blobby loses because Bri'ish

JK, I actually think Blobby wins this one - his whole schtick is that he's a destructive parody of a Barney-esque character, while Barney is the pacifist of pacifists. If you "Bloodlusted" them so to speak Barney probably takes it, but even then "from our imagination" is a very vague descriptor so this could just be a case of Blobby having to rip up a doll

Tingle vs. Wario x 3, Itchy vs. Jerry x 2

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mr. Blobby loses because Bri'ish

JK, I actually think Blobby wins this one - his whole schtick is that he's a destructive parody of a Barney-esque character, while Barney is the pacifist of pacifists. If you "Bloodlusted" them so to speak Barney probably takes it, but even then "from our imagination" is a very vague descriptor so this could just be a case of Blobby having to rip up a doll

Tingle vs. Wario x 2, Itchy vs. Conker x 3
The image of what's effectively a polka-dotted Panic Pete trying to beat down on a purple dino plushie is actually hilarious.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
GolisoPower GolisoPower This has probably been asked before, but is it possible to nominate a non-battle competition? Like say "Sonic vs. Flash (in a race)" or "Kirby vs. Pac-Man (in an eating competition)"?
As it stands, I'll allow it only if it falls under Death Race. I will take other win conditions into account if RT decides to invent something like "Death Banquet" or "Death Destruction Derby" or something.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mr. Blobby managed to doll out punishment, and will be partying all night tonight! The winner is Mr. Blobby!

I feel like pigging out today, and I think I know how:

1661886902196.png

Wizpig, the race-happy alien from Diddy Kong Racing!

VS!

1661886919378.png

Ganon, the Demon King!

You know, never once have I noticed Nintendo's penchant for making pigs some of their antagonists, let alone make them as powerful as these two. Anyways...

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Wizpig: VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki
Ganon: Respect Thread + VS Battle Wiki + DB Fanon Wiki

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
V1 Vs. Zan x40
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x32
Arlong Vs. King Piccolo x31

21-30 Noms
Aang Vs. Po x30
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x30
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x25

11-20 Noms
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
John Price Vs. John Wick x17
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x14
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x14
The Blob Vs. The Thing x14
Dennis Hopper Vs. Jim Carrey x13

1-10 Noms
Dennis the Menace (US) VS Dennis the Menace (UK) x10
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x8
Mojo Jojo Vs. Andross x6
Fatalis Vs. Seth x5
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x3
Itchy Vs. Jerry x2
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x1

My nominations:
Cobra Commander VS Shredder x2
Banjo-Kazooie VS Ratchet & Clank x1
ROB VS Astrobot x1
Mojo Jojo VS Andross x1

I think Ganon could win the battle, because he has many abilities such as soul manipulation or even death manipulation. While Wizpig's powers are reality warping (he warped his homeplanet into an amusement park) and teleportation (he could use them to evade Ganon's attacks. Unless Ganon could use his homing projectile to attack him during the fight).
Also speaking of their abilities, Ganon has more abilities than Wizpig (although they share some of their powers/abilities).

As for their tier levels, Wizpig's level is "5-B", which it seems really stronger enough while Ganon's level is "6-C" (Unless he also could be on "3-A" if he equipped Triforce).
Although if Ganon didn't used triforce, Wizpig could possibly take the lead.

Also they both are really fast characters (Wizpig uses his rocket while Ganon can run fast enough to catch him up). According to VS battles website, he seemed faster than Wizpig, giving Ganon an advantage in battle.

Also in terms of strength, Ganon seems stronger than Wizpig, since he could empower himself by Triforce and defeat him.

As we know that they both have high stamina levels, meaning that they won't gonna be tired after the battle.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Is this even a fair matchup? Like, all of Wizpig's powers are implied, right? Nitros Oxide feels like a better fit matchup. I guess with Wizpig's planetary shaping he could just bury Ganon alive or impale him on an icicle? but even then I doubt that'd do much with Ganon's armour in play. Going with Ganon for this.

5 noms for Jerry vs. Itchy, 1 nom for Zorotl vs. Crazy Frog, 4 noms for Reptar vs. Powdered Toast Man

Last edited:
Top Bottom