• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This match-up went real ape****, but in the end, only one can be top banana! The winner is Gorilla Grodd!

Hercules Vs. Sun Wukong opened the doors for mythical DBs. Let's take a look at one of them:

1659767167818.png

Achilles, the Hero of the Iliad!

VS!

1659767226997.png

Cu Chulainn, the Hound of Ulster!

The one-man army is a concept where a human is so strong he could take on entire hordes of enemies at once. These two are arguably some of the progenitors of that sentiment, requiring the gods to step in just to end them.

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Achilles: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Cu Chulainn: Respect Thread

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5
AlRex AlRex x15
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong x10
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10

41-50 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x42

31-40 Noms
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x40
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x38
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x32

21-30 Noms
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x30
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x30
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x30

Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x28
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x27
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x26
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x25
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x24
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x21

11-20 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x19
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x15
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x13

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Leonidas I Vs. Saigo Takamori x10
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x7
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x4
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

osby

Smash Obsessed
For the sake of argument, I'll ignore Achilles's "invulnerable aside from his heel" trait as Illiad itself contradicts this and it's a later addition to his lore.

Still, Achilles is plenty powerful even without that. He can basically turn the tides of war by his presence alone, wrestling a minor god into submission and his rage in battle is implied to deft entire states' fate against divine judgment. He's stronger and more durable than most and while he has no equipment that gives him a particular advantage in battle, he's well-armored in battle with a Heapheistus-made shield, a sword, and a spear. He's the peak of human power in a lot of aspects. His most notable asset is his speed, which is likened to an eagle's flight.

Meanwhile, Cu Chulainn is arguably above-human level. He has similar properties to Achilles, such as being able to defeat large groups by himself and shrugging off magical potions by the sheer power of just being that good but he's also described as being at the very least, abnormally tall for his era and being able to enter a state called "warp spasm". It's hard to compare them but a case can be made that he easily rivals, if not surpasses Achilles in his most furious form.

Sure, Cu Chulainn has two geas that binds him but Achilles has no practical way of taking advantage of them, especially if he's angry. One big advantage Cu Chulainn has and can take advantage of, however, is his equipment. Gae Bolg is basically a one-shot kill move, filling the opponent's body with barbs and killing them from inside at the slightest wound. Assuming that Achilles has no armored body, that means Cu Chulainn can swiftly decide the end of the battle.

Of course, that's assuming that he can even wield any weapons during his warp spasm. Maybe he can, feel free to correct me on that.

In the end, on a purely physical level, they are very close. Both of them trained under prodigies of battle, they are both demigods, and they are both said to be unstoppable when they're enraged. If I had to pick one, I'd say Cu Chulainn has an edge over Achilles on a raw strength level as his body count is ridiculous but it's possible that Achilles would be able to dodge his attacks with his speed.

I want to say that if pushed to their limits, there'd probably be no survivors in their clash. I'd say Cu Chulainn would be able to deal the killing blow to Achilles but not before being fatally wounded himself.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Achilles would probably take this one, that guy was a monster, the gods themselves had to hold him back to stop him from destroying Troy to early.
And that's before we go into his armour that could not be pierced by any weapon created by the god of blacksmithing himself.

Noms:
Gruntilda VS K Rool x10

AlRex

Smash Lord
It’s funny to imagine this match-up as going normally until Achilles hits his heel on accident and he’s on the ground for a while like Peter Griffin with his knee. Not something substantial to add like osby’s great analysis, but the thought mildly amused me.

Nominations
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby X3
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X3
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2
Rick Sanchez VS the Doctor X3
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X2 [sure]

My nominations:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x3
Captain N VS Segata Sanshiro x3
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x2
Ryu Hayabusa VS Joe Musashi x2

I think Achilles could win the battle if Cu wouldn't touch his heel. Achilles wrestled many giant creatures, so he might seem stronger than Cu. Cu is also strong that can he can defeat many armies like Achilles, but his strengh is on the above-human level.

Speaking of strengh, it seems that they both are really strong (Cu can break down an Oak tree and Achilles coukd break the Gate if Apollo didn't interverted him). Although I think Achilles might be stronger than him like I said earlier.

While Cu has a spear as his weapon, Achilles wields a sword & round shield as his weapons. It seems that Achilles is more armored than Cu in terms of equipment.

In terms of speed, Achilles might be faster since his speed level is subsonic while Cu's speed might be slower (he outran the chariot, but Achilles might outrun an eagle).
Although Cu might be agile, since he could dodge the Giant's attacks according to his respect thread on Reddit.

We know that Achilles' weakness is his heel, but we assume that Achilles could dodge Cu's attacks in order to save himself from damaging his heel (Might be possible, since his speed is subsonic).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My nominations:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x3
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x2
Ryu Hayabusa VS Joe Musashi x2

I think Achilles could win the battle if Cu wouldn't touch his heel. Achilles wrestled many giant creatures, so he might seem stronger than Cu. Cu is also strong that can he can defeat many armies like Achilles, but his strengh is on the above-human level.

Speaking of strengh, it seems that they both are really strong (Cu can break down an Oak tree and Achilles coukd break the Gate if Apollo didn't interverted him). Although I think Achilles might be stronger than him like I said earlier.

While Cu has a spear as his weapon, Achilles wields a sword & round shield as his weapons. It seems that Achilles is more armored than Cu in terms of equipment.

In terms of speed, Achilles might be faster since his speed level is subsonic while Cu's speed might be slower (he outran the chariot, but Achilles might outrun an eagle).
Although Cu might be agile, since he could dodge the Giant's attacks according to his respect thread on Reddit.

We know that Achilles' weakness is his heel, but we assume that Achilles could dodge Cu's attacks in order to save himself from damaging his heel (Might be possible, since his speed is subsonic).
Question, though: what's to stop the Gae Bolg from just causing a barb to erupt from Achilles's heel from the inside if Cu lands a hit? I remember reading about how Cu killed a guy with "iron skin" by just giving him what basically amounts to a Gae Bolg enema and kill him from the inside.

Noms:
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Grey x5

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Missed the day for one of the matchups I nominated, but I enjoyed reading the discussion for it and generally agree with the conclusion. The specific version of Grodd matters to determine the arbitrary level of strength, but even if Grodd is dwarfed in strength his mind control should be able to work on DK. The tikis only successfully hypnotized animals. Some people suggested that DK was "too stupid to hypnotize" on cartoon logic, but he is blatantly smarter than random animals who aren't anthropomorphic like DK. The smartest hypnotized animal is probably the chicken that pilots a mech for the world 7 boss, but that's not remotely impressive. The tiki hypnosis is just weak, Grodd would be able to brainwash DK regardless of if his strength is enough.

Can't contribute to current match up. I don't know if I have to use the noms given on the day of or if they're wasted now, but regardless here are my noms in case they count.

Shido/Armstrong x4
Grunty K. Rool x2
Guldo/Dio x2
Whitebeard/Netero x2

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
No need to hound me about it, Cu Chulainn made his Setanta and won! The winner is Cu Chulainn!

Who’s the strongest swordsman in the world? These two are prime examples!

1659848349037.png

Vergil, the motivated half-devil from Devil May Cry!

VS!

1659848369644.png

Galacta Knight, the ancient swordsman from Kirby!

The sword is a very sophisticated and elegant weapon, used by high-ranking warriors for thousands of years. These two, however, have taken the art of the blade to the very extreme!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Vergil: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Galacta Knight: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
osby osby x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x45
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x42
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x41

31-40 Noms
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x37
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x35
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x35
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x34

Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x32
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x31

21-30 Noms
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x30
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x28
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x25
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x21

11-20 Noms
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x20
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x15

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x10
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x2

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Discussing Kirby universe in canon battling is always a can of worms because of people insisting that characters are planetary level threats off of things like pause screen text and the megaton punch mini-game. Death battle claimed King Dedede could survive a planet exploding which made me roll my eyes.

Even if giving the Kirby universe every one of these feats it asks for, there's also the matter of size, if Kirby characters are canonically a few inches tall, then their planets/etc would scale in size with them. Something like NOVA would be like, the size of a house at largest in that case.

I lack knowledge of DMC, but as far as I can tell all of the Kirby universe's feats are generally strength based and there isn't much to indicate that they can compete with Vergil dodging bullets, which he can do according to the respect thread. Vergil can apparently regenerate from being cut in half, although I can't find any particularly impressive strength feats.

Noms:
Guldo/Dio x7
Whitebeard/Netero x3

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah Vergil basically has this one rather handily. He just negates a lot of what Galacta can do and generally does it better with a more versatile moveset to boot. A lot of Vergil stuff comes from scaling to Dante who's got some really absurd feats and he has used Yamato on occasion which helps the case. Sparda Heritage is really powerful too and they're on an equal level.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Vergil was hella motivated to get that top spot as alpha! The winner is Vergil!

Our fourth week is as follows:

Day 22: Finn & Jake (Adventure Time) Vs. Mordecai& Rigby (Regular Show)
Day 23: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) Vs. Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
Day 24: TwinBee Vs. Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
Day 25: Guldo (Dragon Ball Z) Vs. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Day 26: Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie) Vs. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Day 27: Akuma (Street Fighter) Vs. Mr. Karate (Art of Fighting)
Day 28: Magnus the Red (Warhammer 40,000) Vs. Jean Gray (Marvel Comics)

Come on, grab your friends, we look through the very numerous…match-ups. Starting with:

1659937476481.png

Finn & Jake, the human-and-dog duo who love a good Adventure Time!

VS!

1659937745788.png

Mordecai & Rigby, just some regular groundskeepers from a Regular Show!

Say what you will about Cartoon Network these days, but when they strike gold, you know it’s gonna be a fun ride, such as with these two shows!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Finn & Jake: Respect Threads + VS Battle Pages
Mordecai & Rigby: Respect Thread + VS Battle Pages

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x34
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x31

21-30 Noms
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x30
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x25
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x21

11-20 Noms
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x20
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x15

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x2

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Haven't watched Adventure Time but watched a lot of Regular Show for Mordecai & Rigby. A very large amount of episodes involve the world cosmically ending from the monster of the week antagonist of the episode, most prominently Anti Pops. The fact that they take attacks from characters who can end the world without dying looks generally more impressive than what I can get from glancing at the Adventure Time character threads.

Nominations:
Shido/Armstrong x 10

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Crashboards + No Notifications + No Time really suck on me, I really wanted to explay myself with that battle...

Anyway, for this uh, idk, guess Mordecai and Rigby did more crazy feats.

And if it's possible to use my noms of the previous day...
Dante vs Sol x5
Artorias vs Nightmare x5

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I forgot to say much on the last one, RIP. On this one, I'll say that Finn & Jake are probably more of "fighters" in a certain sense, but Regular Show is slightly less logical, and Mordecai & Rigby seem to have more in the way of power-ups, from my memory. I think Finn or Jake had wizard powers at a certain point, and some fairly powerful swords, but those usually seem to be temporary. I'll slightly lean towards calling it for Finn & Jake.

If I can use my old nominations...
Nominations
Harlem Globetrotters VS the Monstars X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X4

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ending in death was regular on this show, so in the end of this adventure, Finn & Jake's time was up! The winner is Mordecai & Rigby!

From the shadows, this match-up comes!

1660116814520.png

Ryu Hayabusa, wielder of the legendary Ninja Dragon Sword!

VS!

1660116835997.png

Joe Musashi, the Super Shinobi!

Ninja are a common theme in video games that is still used even to this day. Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi are some of the earliest examples known to man!

WHO LIVES!?
WHO DIES!?

Ryu Hayabusa: VS Battle Page
Joe Musashi: VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5
AlRex AlRex x10
@Darkonedagger x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x36
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x35
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x34
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x32

21-30 Noms
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x29
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x25

Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x24

11-20 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x17
Maui Vs Arjuna x13
Leonidas I Vs. Saigō Takamori x12

1-10 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x6
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x2
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Both have various elemental powers, and ninjitsu skills, but Ryu Hayabusa's shadow clone power-up might be the trickiest one either have. Hayabusa also has a lot of good experience with Dead or Alive in addition to his own adventures, but Joe Musashi fought versions of Godzilla, the Terminator, Rambo, a Devilman-Batman hybrid, and, most officially for a time, Spider-Man! Nevertheless, his goose is probably cooked, as Hayabusa gets at the highest level with apparently Planet-level swords. So, sorry, Joe, but even with fighting an unlicensed cavalcade that rivals the Sense of Right Alliance, Hayabusa is probably still gonna have this.

Nominations
Harlem Globetrotters VS the Monstars X1
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X1
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X1
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X7
Certainly.

Who is Joe Musashi:
1660118904695.png

Joe Musashi is a protagonist of SEGA's arcade game Shinobi and he is a ninja that his mission is to save the children from being kidnapped by criminal organization Zeed. In Revenge of Shinobi, Joe Musashi needs to rescue his wife Naoko from Neo Zeed (Zeed, but renamed as "Neo Zeed"), whom killed his master as form of their revenge. He was very popular back in late 80's and early 90's and he was used to be one of SEGA's former mascots.

He reappeared in Shinobi (2002) as unlockable character and he also appeared in Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed as playable character (He rides on a quad).

Alright, let's analyze their ninja skills of the video game ninjas: Ryu Hayabusa & Joe Musashi!

Powers & abilities:
As for abilities, they both can manipulate elements such as fire for example and they have ninjutsu skills. They also have enhanced senses (whcih it also means that they have 6th senses), can create illusions to attack their opponents and they both have statistics amplifications.
They are also capable of martial arts, stealth mastery (Ryu can become invisible), acrobatics, air manipulation and magic.

Joe can manipulate weather (thanks to Art of Jutsu of Inazuma), can paralyze opponents, can create afterimages, can maniulate explosions and self destruct (via Jutsu of Mijin).

While Ryu Hayabusa can resurrect himself, use his telekinesis, can create his shadow clone by power-up, heal himself, can stop the time, create black holes and many abilities.

It seems that Ryu hayabusa has more abilities than Joe Musashi.

Attack potency:
In terms of attack potency, Ryu hayabusa seems stronger than Joe Musashi, because he defeated a possessed Statue of Liberty while Joe defeated an onmyoji that created a storm across Tokyo. Also Ryu Hayabusa defeated a statue that was considered as planetary threat, making him stronger than Joe.

Lifting strength:
Speaking of lifting strengh, Ryu Hayabusa seems stronger because he overpowered a goddess who bigger than him. Joe's lifting strength was on superhuman level.
Durability:
Speaking of durability, Ryu Hayabusa seems more durable, since he can survive falling from heights and he can take hits from Vigoor and Tengu. Joe Musashi could survive Hiruko's attack though, making him less likely to survive Ryu's attacks.

Speed:
In terms of speed, Ryu hayabusa takes the lead, because can dodge bullets and run away from volcanic eruption while Joe can dodge Hydra's lasers
(Although Joe can use his quad to nearly catch him up).

Stamina:
It seems that Ryu Hayabusa has higher stamina than Joe Musashi, because he seems rarely exhausted in the games.

Range:
Speaking of their ranges, it seems that Ryu Hayabusa's weapons have more range than Joe's weapons.

Striking Strength:
Speaking of striking strength, Joe Musashi takes the lead because his class is small city. Although Ryu Hayabusa seems stronger if he equips True Dragon sword and Dark Dragon blade.

Equipment:
In terms of equipment, Joe has Hazy Moon (his sword), shurikens, kunais, blowpipe, pistol (as seen in the original 1987 game), grappling hook, metal claws, bow and surfboard in his arsenal.
While Ryu Hayabusa has shurikens, Dragon's Claw, Dark Dragon Blade, Tiger's Fang, Nunchaku, Tonfas, Vigoorian Flails, Blade of the Archfiend, Jinran-Maru, Warhammer, Dabilahro, Plasma Saber, Eclipse Scythe, Enma's Fang, Kusari-Gama, Falcon's Talons, Bow, Spear Gun (Gatling variant), Howling Cannon, Grappling Hook, Smoke Bomb), his most powerful weapon being the True Dragon Sword, etc. in his arsenal.

Ryu has more weapons, meaning that he is more weaponized than Joe Musashi.

Intelligence:
Speaking of intelligence, Joe Musashi seems more smarter than Ryu, since his intelligence is on high level (which it means that he can avoid traps and he is a skilled fighter) while Ryu Hayabusa's intelligence in on above average level, meaning that Joe Musashi is smarter than him.

Notable attacks/techniques:
As for their notable attacks/techniques, they both are capable of double jump as we know. Ryu Hayabusa can run on the water, transform into Falcon, counter attacks and etc.
While Joe Musashi can perform a diving kick called Hayabusa Otoshi that can throw enemies off-guard and kill aerial enemies. He can also jump-kick the enemies easily.

As for their moves, Joe Musashi can use a lot of Jitsus & Jutsus that can be served as his attacks such as Jutsu of Tatsumaki, where he summons a tornado or Jitsu of Karyu, where he summons 4 dragon-shaped columns of flames that move across the screen, damaging opponents.

As for Hayabusa, he could use a lot of arts like Art of Icestorm, he could create a whirlwind that can freeze opponents and Art of Inazuma where charges up the electricity and blasts at opponent (it can be also used to destroy boulders and even humans).

I think Ryu has more attacks/techniques than Joe Musashi, meaning that Ryu has more attacks & techniques than Joe Musashi.

Weaknesses:
As for their weaknesses, Joe's Ninjutsu lasts only for short period of time while Ryu Hayabusa needs spirit points for some of his weapons and he can't spam his ninpo that heals him.

Conclusion:
I think Ryu Hayabusa could win the battle, because Ryu seems more skilled ninja than Joe Musashi. Also Ryu fought more bigger threats than Joe himself.
While Joe is more smarter than Ryu, Hayabusa seems to have more skills than Joe.

My noms:
Anyway for noms:
Captain N VS Segata Sanshiro x2
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x1
Cobra Commander VS Shredder x1
Ratchet & Clank VS Banjo-Kazooie x1

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Musashi has shinobi-n destroyed in this match! The winner is Ryu Hayabusa!

All pilots come in, our next match-up is coming up!

[IMAGE]
Joe Musashi, the Super Shinobi!

Ninja in video games are

1660191638281.png

Twinbee, Dr. Cinnamon's living aircraft!

VS!

1660191624823.png

Opa-Opa, Defender of the Fantasy Zone!

Rail shooters from Japan can come in many forms. Some are most memorable for their gameplay, while others were known for their bat**** crazy aesthetics, like these games!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Twinbee: VS Battle Page
Opa-Opa: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x37
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x36
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x33

21-30 Noms
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x30

Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x25

11-20 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x18
Maui Vs Arjuna x18
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x13

1-10 Noms
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x3
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x3
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Gonna have to lean Twinbee, due to them interacting with other Konami characters IIRC, and them having arms. Both could play the long range, but I guess if they got up close, Twinbee could shatter Opa-Opa's windows.

Nominations
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X1
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X1
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X1
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X7

Anyway for my noms:
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x3
Cobra Commander VS Shredder x2
Ratchet & Clank VS Banjo-Kazooie x2

Who is Opa-Opa?
1660204209249.png

Opa-Opa is a protagonist of SEGA's arcade game series Fantasy Zone and he is small spacecraft, defends the Fantasy Zone from Menon forces (the villains from the game) who want to conquer the planetary system of the Fantasy Zone. He has a brother named Upa-Upa and his father named O-papa, who died at the end of the game. After the events of the first game, he wanted to save the Fantasy Zone from his evil counterpart (who was also associated with Menon forces).

He was used to be one of SEGA's first mascots before he was replaced by Alex Kidd back in mid 80's (though his games were still made) and he later on appeared in Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing as playable character (however, he appeared as cameo in Transformed on race of AGES track).

Who is Twinbee?
1660204276469.png

Twinbee is an eponymous protagonist from self-titled video game series Twinbee and he is an anthropomorphic and sentient blue aircraft with a single canopy. He was created by a scientist called Dr. Cinnamon, and it is this brilliant man's grandson, Light, its current pilot. He is WinBee's and GwinBee's older brother.
He is present in all Twinbee games and he also made recurring appearances in many other Konami games, whether it is as a cameo or a fully playable character, including the Parodius and Konami Wai Wai series for example.

Connections:
So, the connections between these two spacecrafts are:
  • Both originated from shoot em up arcade games from 80's
  • They both are anthropomorphic spacecrafts.
  • Both were made by japanese game studios (SEGA & Konami).
  • Their games have "cute" aesthetic.

Alright, let's analyze their shmup skills of the video game spaceships: Twinbee & Opa-Opa!

Powers & abilities:
As for their abilities, they both can can fly, heal themselves, can manipulate explosions (via explosives such as bombs), manipulate electricity, manipulate their size and manipulate fire.
They are also capable of superhuman speed, danmaku, forcefield creation (Such as Opa-Opa's shield creation for example), purification, energy manipulation, summoning and etc.

Opa-Opa can manipulate stars, can be immune to electricity manipulation, manipulate light (thanks to his super lights), can generate missiles, can manipulate lasers, can launch out the spinning hurricanes, has volatile manipulation, can shoot out amazing amount of projectiles and he has Enhanced boomerang proficiency and trajectory manipulation.

While Twinbee can resurrect himself (by using an alarm clock), can use weapons such as hammer, can use magic, can use homing attack, is capable of statistics manipulation, create afterimages, be invincible for short time, duplicate himself and manipulate his clothes.

It seems that Opa-Opa has one more ability than Twinbee I think (not 100% sure).

Attack potency:
In terms of attack potency, Opa-Opa seems stronger because rescued multiple planets from various enemies & debris and defeated the Dark Master (who originated from Shadow world. He was made out of dark matter and it makes up the universe with bright matter. Without those two, the universe wouldn't exist).
While Twinbee can split up the moon in half, meaning that Opa-Opa is stronger than him in terms of attack potency.

Lifting strength:
Speaking of lifting strengh, Twinbee seems to take the lead, because he could lift the giant robot's broken parts. While Opa-Opa's lifting strength is unknown, he seems weaker than Twinbee in terms of lifting strength.

Durability:
Speaking of durability, Opa-Opa takes the lead. His durability level is on large planet (or even universe level) while Twinbee's durability is on moon level.
It seems that Twinbee is less likely to survive Opa-Opa's attacks.

Speed:
In terms of speed, Opa-Opa seems faster than Twinbee because he could dodge Kobabeach's lasers and he could escape from "black hole".
While Twinbee also could dodge lasers for enemies & bosses, but not fast as Opa-Opa.
(Although he could try catch him up by using Blue bell)

Stamina:
It seems that Opa-Opa has higher stamina than Twinbee, since Opa-Opa doesn't seem tired after fighting bosses and enemies.
Twinbee's level of stamina is high while Opa-Opa's is on very high level.

Range:
Speaking of their ranges, they seem to have equal range (unless Twinbee uses the power up bells to increase the range of his attacks. The same goes if Opa-Opa uses his other weapons).

Striking Strength:
Speaking of striking strength, Opa-Opa seems more stronger (his striking strength level is on large planet class) than Twinbee (his strength is on moon class).

Equipment:
In terms of equipment, Opa-Opa has Big Wings, Jet Engine, Turbo Engine, Rocket Engine, Back Fire, Wide Beam, Laser Beam, 3-Way Shot, 7-Way Shot, Fireball, Big Shot, Cross-Rang, Thunder Volt, Twin Bombs, Big Bomb, Twin Big Bombs, Quartet Missiles, Shower Bombs, Fire Bomb, Smart Bomb, Hurricane, Ultra Bomb, Heavy Bomb, Auto Beam, Red/Blue Bottle, Shield, Rubber Boots, Super Lights, Retractable Feet, Twin Shot, super lights, Bombs and etc. (However, some of them can be bought in parts shop).
Although he could use items from SEGA racing games such as rockets, mega horn, mines, KO glove, etc.

While Twinbee's arsenal consists of Hammer, laser gun, spiked shoes, power-up bells and magic wand.

Opa-Opa has more weapons, meaning that he is more weaponized than Twinbee.

Intelligence:
Speaking of intelligence, Opa-Opa seems more smarter, since he is more skilled than Twinbee (His intelligence level is very high).
Twinbee's intelligence is on average level.

Weaknesses:
As for their weaknesses, Opa-Opa seems to have 2 weaknesses:
  • May experience emotional stress should a foe reveal itself to be someone he trusts (for example, his own father).
  • When defeated, loses most of his upgrades except his default ones.

While Twinbee's weakness is that when he loses his arms, he can't throw bombs anymore.

Conclusion:
I think Opa-Opa could could win the battle, because he could use his weapons to defeat Twinbee. Unless Twinbee could revive himself by alarm clock and possibly Opa-Opa could defeat him again (if he could use his duplication ability, it would be harder for Opa-Opa to defeat Twinbee, but since Opa-Opa is smart, he would know which Twinbee is real).
Also Opa-Opa is smarter than him, meaning that he could use his tactics to defeat Twinbee in this battle.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Twinbee got really stun with this defeat! By popular opinion, the winner is Opa-Opa!

Looks like it's time for our next match-up!

1660283162165.png

Guldo, the psionic of the Ginyu Force!

VS!

1660283206490.png

Dio Brando, eternal enemy of the JoJos!

Time stopping is arguably one of the most popular abilities one could possess. One might say it puts you above human. Except these two ain't human!

WHO LIVES?!
WHO DIES?!

Guldo: VS Battle Page
DIO: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x39
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x38
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x35
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x34

21-30 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x28

11-20 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x20
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x19
Maui Vs Arjuna x18

1-10 Noms
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x9
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x5
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x5
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

Yo, MasterWarlord MasterWarlord the match-up you requested is ready, my dude!

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Oh boy
Nominations
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X8
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X2
The others will be back to getting nominated later.

As for this match, I assume Guldo is a higher power level, but he might not be able to see Stands, which makes this tricky. Probably out-strengths and out-speeds Dio (unless it’s Over Heaven), but THE WORLD could get some good hits in, perhaps.

Anyway for my noms:
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x3
Cobra Commander VS Shredder x2
Ratchet & Clank VS Banjo-Kazooie x2

I believe that DIO could win the battle, because DIO could use his stand to freeze Guldo first before Guldo uses his time stop power (also if he could his stand, he would be resisting Guldo's time stop attack).
As I know that he has a pain resistance, so if Guldo wanted to punch him, he wouldn't feel anything, making him invincible for melee attacks.

However, Guldo's tier is higher than DIO, nearly taking the advantage in the battle. He also seems stronger than DIO in terms of attack potency (Unless DIO could use his mind manipulation to control him during the battle).
However, he could also use his telekinesis to throw random objects at DIO (even if he wouldn't feel it due to pain resistance).

As for stamina, Guldo can be tired very quickly after using time stop while Dio seems restless.

Also Dio's more smarter than Guldo, since he would trick Guldo and win the battle, defeating Guldo.

So my vote goes for DIO.

Top Bottom