• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Looks like Shiki was forced down to earth! The winner is Arcueid Brunestud!

Our next battle takes us off the earth and into the stars:

1659421151235.png

Captain Kirk, the Star Trekking space captain!

VS!

1659421202126.png

Han Solo, the blaster-slinging bounty-hunter of Star Wars!

The works of George Lucas and Gene Roddenberry have been exceptionally influential in modern-day sci-fi, and both fandoms have been butting heads over which is better! Today, we settle this legendary match-up once and for all!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
AlRex AlRex x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10

31-40 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x31

21-30 Noms
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x30
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x27
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x26
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x23

11-20 Noms
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x19
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x18

Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x18
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x16
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x15
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x12

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x10
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x4
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x4
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x3
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby X3
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X3

As for the match at hand, I will say that Kirk does more direct hand-to-hand combat, including with aliens like the Pon Farr crazed Spock and the Gorn who are stronger than normal humans, and a genetically-enhanced superhuman like Khan. His tech is probably more advanced, as well, given his phaser has multiple settings, his ship is absolutely better functionally and is much larger, and he comes from the future as opposed to "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away". Han Solo is probably more of a dirty fighter and will, well, shoot first, but Kirk is most likely a better fighter and tactician, given he is formally educated. But Han, as more of a scrapper, can't be fully discounted in his methods, and he won't go down without a fight, but I feel like Kirk has too many advantages in experience and training to lose.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I know we normally don't allow help, but you'd think Han would get Chewbacca, they're almost never apart. If he did get him it would make things much easier for him in the match up.

Noms:
Senator Armstrong vs Shadow Shido x10
I feel like if Chewbacca's allowed, so is Spock. I might even say the full away team, but I dunno if Bones or the Ensigns will get too involved in the fight, but also have Kirk get a lot of back-up is a whole can of worms.

My noms:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x2
Captain N VS Segata Sanshiro x1
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x1
Ryu Hayabusa VS Joe Musashi x1

I agree what AlRex AlRex says about match-up between Kirk and Solo. Kirk is kinda more skilled fighter than Han Solo just like Alrex said.
Although Han could use his grenades to attack him, but Kirk could evade Solo's grenades with his speed and he would use his grenades to blast him off.

In terms of their strengh, they both have he same level of lifting strengh (Kirk could be stronger if he could use psychokinesis if we talk about lifting strengh). According to VS battles website, it was shown that Han has "street level" strengh (meaning that he is stronger than Kirk in terms of striking strengh).

Kirk is equipped with laser pistol, phaser rifle, axe and etc. while Han is equipped with heavy blaser pistol and grenades. Kirk has more stuff than Han, so I think Kirk as more advantage than Solo in terms of equipment.

If Han could use Chewbacca as assist character, then Kirk wouldn't have a chance to fight two unless Spock could assist him in the fight, but this is 1 on 1 fight, so they couldn't be used in battle.

I think Captain Kirk would win the battle, since he is more skilled fighter and he has more weapons than Solo.
(I'm not 100% sure)

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Wait, Han solo could possibly use the force to counterback, but I don't know if he could use it in the battle.
Han absolutely does not have the force. That’s pretty much his entire thing in most canon (until the sequels anyway)- he doesn’t believe the force even exists. Even after he admits it to be real though, he never once uses it, besides his illogical appearance as a force ghost (I think…?) after his death.

I honestly don’t have much I can really contribute to this matchup as I know nothing of Star Trek, but the things I’ve gathered make me think Kirk has the advantage.

Last edited:
Han absolutely does not have the force. That’s pretty much his entire thing in most canon (until the sequels anyway)- he doesn’t believe the force even exists. Even after he admits it to be real though, he never once uses it, besides his illogical appearance as a force ghost (I think…?) after his death.

I honestly don’t have much I can really contribute to this matchup as I know nothing of Star Trek, but the things I’ve gathered make me think Kirk has the advantage.
I'll remove that very quick.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Question, though: is there an actual indication for how long Han's been he's been a smuggler? It should say something about his experience evading the law depending on how long he lasted evading the Empire and somesuch. I'm thinking so because while he may be out-gunned because of how versatile Kirk's phaser is, Starfleet has military and some degree of diplomatic power much like the Galactic Empire, of which Han was on the opposing side of in the OG trilogy. I mean, I'm sure he's dealt with high-ranking government/military officials before, so it should also help Han against Kirk, right?

Noms:
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Grey x5

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Question, though: is there an actual indication for how long Han's been he's been a smuggler? It should say something about his experience evading the law depending on how long he lasted evading the Empire and somesuch. I'm thinking so because while he may be out-gunned because of how versatile Kirk's phaser is, Starfleet has military and some degree of diplomatic power much like the Galactic Empire, of which Han was on the opposing side of in the OG trilogy. I mean, I'm sure he's dealt with high-ranking government/military officials before, so it should also help Han against Kirk, right?
Well, I’m not actually sure how long Han’s been a smuggler in the current canon. I have actually read the novel that originally depicted his origin story, and in that he was pretty much taken into that life from age 12 or so. Buuuuut ever since Disney came into the picture that novel has been rendered noncanon… and the best we have to go off of is the movie Solo. And notably, while Han may not have been necessarily on the level as a young man, he became an Imperial Military Cadet almost immediately as soon as he was able to, only changing sides later for reasons I forget since I haven’t honestly been bothered to watch that movie in a long time. So he does absolutely have Military training on top of his smuggler experience.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Han was sent boldly going where no man should ever go! The winner is Captain Kirk!

The future tells us of our next match-up:

1659503464996.png

Shulk, Xenoblade Chornicles’ visionary of the Bionis!

VS!

1659503481997.png

Diavolo, Jojo's Crimson King of Passione!

Some would say that the future is a set path, while others would say that we choose our future. This is a major clash of these ideals that nobody has ever seen before!

WHO WINS!?
WHO DIES!?

Shulk Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Diavolo Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x15
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear x15
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x5
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10

31-40 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x34

21-30 Noms
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x29
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x26
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x25
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x24

11-20 Noms
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x20
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x20

Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x19
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x16
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x15
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x14
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x13

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x10
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x7
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
My instincts upon reading are that Shulk seems generally physically better in most respects, has a lot of good defense and power-boosting options, but Diavolo has good tenacity, his Stand itself is tricky, and I'm unsure if Shulk could see it. I think Diavolo has to play his cards right, because otherwise, irrespective of the Stand, Shulk can probably chop him to bits. But the Stand makes it tricky. Might give Shulk a slight edge in that he can see forward in time, which might make Diavolo's erasing 10 seconds of time less devastating, and that I think he's generally physically better irrespective of the Stand.

Nominations this time
The Harlem Globetrotters VS the MonStars X3
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X3
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X3
The Doctor (Doctor Who) VS Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty) X3

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's a question I've had on my mind: would the Monado be able to harm Stands? I remember a major plot detail being that Shulk's Monado cannot harm anybody from the Bionis, which include basically humans (Called Homs), and Diavolo is clearly human. So could it be possible to exploit a loophole in the Monado's limitations and hurt Diavolo by attacking King Crimson proper?

Noms:
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x5
Leonidas I (Greek History) Vs. Saigo Takamori (Japanese History) x5

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Diavolo stomps. As a non-stand user, Shulk can’t see stands, and his visions can only show him what’s going to happen, not what he can do to defeat it. Even if he uses Monado shield or something to absorb blows, all Diavolo has to do is stay hidden and let King Crimson do his thing (which is his preferred fighting style anyway, especially if he has home field advantage.)

Noms:
Ryu Hayabusa VS Joe Musashi x5

Golisopower, you forget my nom for this matchup the last battle.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I also think the clear winner is Diavolo just for the way stands works in general.

Nom:
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) vs Dante (Devil May Cry) X5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Diavolo stomps. As a non-stand user, Shulk can’t see stands, and his visions can only show him what’s going to happen, not what he can do to defeat it. Even if he uses Monado shield or something to absorb blows, all Diavolo has to do is stay hidden and let King Crimson do his thing (which is his preferred fighting style anyway, especially if he has home field advantage.)

Noms:
Ryu Hayabusa VS Joe Musashi x5

Golisopower, you forget my nom for this matchup the last battle.
Ah, okay, lemme fix that real quick.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
If I remember correctly, the standard rules for stands are that they are not only invisible to non stand users, but they're also invulnerable to non stand users. There are exceptions of course for some individual stands, like the part 3 monkey's ship stand, but Diavolo's King Crimson is not such an exception.

If the stand can't be attacked by a non stand user and Shulk's in-universe rules apparently prevent him from harming a human, what is Shulk supposed to do?

If he is allowed to harm DIavolo then the matchup is much simpler and I wouldn't be able to tell you who wins nearly as easily due to lack of knowledge on Shulk.

Nominations:
Shido/Armstrong x5
Grunty/K. Rool x5

My nominations:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x3
Captain N VS Segata Sanshiro x3
Wreck-it Ralph VS The Hulk x2
Ryu Hayabusa VS Joe Musashi x2

I think Diavolo could beat him into battle. Shulk can't predict his moves easily, so he could activate his stand named Crimson King and defeat Shulk.
Also Shulk can't use monado shield to defend himself from Diavolo.
Unless there is a scenario, where Shulk could use monado speed to evade Diavolo's attacks. If Shulk could escape his attacks, then Diavolo could predict his movement and defeat him in different way.
Crimson King's power is possibly stronger than Shulk's Monado, because it can erase the time for ten seconds according to research.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's another interesting question: could Monaco Purge disable King Crimson, if only for a short moment? Its function in Xenoblade is to seal Battle Auras (XC1) or Awakened States (XC2), and now I'm unsure about whether or not that could affect Diavolo's capabilities.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Shulk curbstomps this extremely easily.

Shulk bypasses the Monado's inability to harm humans when it becomes the Monado II, and he upgrades further to killing Gods with the True Monado at the end of the game.

Shulk is also said to exist outside the Passage of Fate, King Crimson's abilities are rendered useless as a result, and Shulk could seal it with Purge anyway. In Future Connected Shulk's new replica Monado is able to make it so that enemies that were previously unable to be seen/hurt can be seen and hurt. King Crimson is hard countered here.

Beyond this, Shulk is shown fighting giant mechs, robots, dragons, other giant monsters and a God. Even leaving out the True Monado his attack output, durability and speed are all inherently vastly superior to Diavolo and he's able to buff all of these even further. On top of this, Shulk is able to heal himself with Light Heal.

Diavolo can't realistically touch Shulk, much less scratch him.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Diavolo had the vision, but Shulk was the real crimson king here! The winner is Shulk!

If you had a bodyguard what would you want out of him? My personal preference is that they need to be mean and green!

1659590087865.png

Edmond Dantes, Fate Grand Order’s Count of Monte Cristo!

VS!

1659590112747.png

Xiao, Genshin Impact’s Vigilant Yaksha!

There comes a time when the hero will feel alone and hopeless, about to die to impossible odds…but then these green-clad saviors will come to their rescue and ensure your safety!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Edmond Dantes: Respect Thread and VS Battle Page
Xiao: VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x15
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10

31-40 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x37
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x32

21-30 Noms
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x28
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x26
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x23

Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x22
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x21
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x21

11-20 Noms
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x20
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x20
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x15
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x15

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x10
Leonidas I Vs. Saigo Takamori x5
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x5
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x3
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X1
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X2

Who wins this one? I don't know! Xiao already has a weapon, he can stab the Count of Monte Cristo, I suppose! Unless the Count turns into some smoke, which he kind of looks like he can do! Certainly!

My nominations:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x3

According to my research, I believe that Edward Dantes/Avenger could possibly win the battle. First, he has stronger lifting strengh, which he could throw Xiao into the air I think. Second, he is faster than her if Enfer Château d'If is with him (Although they have the same speed level if Edward didn't had Enfer).

Maybe Edward doesn't have higher stamina like Xiao, his intelligence is higher than Xiao's. He could outsmart her in the battle.

In terms of their powers, they both can manipulate things. Edward can manipulate minds & souls while Xiao can only manipulate souls. Edward could manipulate her mind & sould to attack herself, while she could manipulate his soul, giving him more advantage.

Although Xiao could travel to her pocket dimensions to protect herself while he could turn himself into spirit to possibly survive. Those are different abilities, but they can be used to survive the attacks.

In terms of their powers like Ameno energy, Xiao could increase her stats by using her energy while Edward also could use his energy just to increase his stats.
Although Edward in "King of cavern" form could use his poisonous fire to burn her down, possibly defeating her.

(I'm not 100% sure. Might be mistaken.)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Don't know fate characters exclusive to the phone game or why it's even considered the same franchise. All I can tell you is the Fate character is a blatant rip off of Izuru Kamukura. Then I see the other character's from Genshin Impact and it makes sense, both from the two phone games.

Noms:
Armstrong/Shido x6
Grunty K. Rool x4

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My nominations:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x3

According to my research, I believe that Edward Dantes/Avenger could possibly win the battle. First, he has stronger lifting strengh, which he could throw Xiao into the air I think. Second, he is faster than her if Enfer Château d'If is with him (Although they have the same speed level if Edward didn't had Enfer).

Maybe Edward doesn't have higher stamina like Xiao, his intelligence is higher than Xiao's. He could outsmart her in the battle.

In terms of their powers, they both can manipulate things. Edward can manipulate minds & souls while Xiao can only manipulate souls. Edward could manipulate her mind & sould to attack herself, while she could manipulate his soul, giving him more advantage.

Although Xiao could travel to her pocket dimensions to protect herself while he could turn himself into spirit to possibly survive. Those are different abilities, but they can be used to survive the attacks.

In terms of their powers like Ameno energy, Xiao could increase her stats by using her energy while Edward also could use his energy just to increase his stats.
Although Edward in "King of cavern" form could use his poisonous fire to burn her down, possibly defeating her.

(I'm not 100% sure. Might be mistaken.)
Oh, uh, Xiao's a he.

Noms:
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Grey x10
Leonidas I Vs. Saigo Takamori x5

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm finally at home!

I can't help too much in Xiao, I don't know that much of the lore of Genshin Impact, but I know various things of Fate and Edmond in particular is one of my favorite characters.

Edmond's main power comes form his Noble Phantasm "Mythologie of Monte Cristo", referred to it has "the incarnation of revenge" it's a class of magic manifested has a dark poisonous flame, it also has a very important ability, destroy magical barriers, not only just a regular barrier but also things like natural healing or even reincarnation being the way he defeated Michael Roa Valdamjong a Dead Apostle that it's basically quite weaker than the True Ancestors that I mentioned in the Arcueid vs Shiki fight but still being very feared ESPECIALLY ROA. Even if Fate!Roa is weaker than Tsukihime!Roa.

Tankman also mentioned his other Noble Phantasm, Enfer Chateu d'If, it's not just being too fast but being able to escape abstract prisions like space and time, it also allows him to think faster than the regular. If this isn't enough, he also has Attendre, Espérer, a resurrection power that also boost their stats, being even able to use it on an ally.

He also has (more or less) unlimited mana, item construction and a high tolerance to pain.

In my opinion the winner is Edmond Dantes.

• Akuma vs Mr Karate x5
  • Sol Badguy vs Dante x5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Xiao tried to make an impact, but ended up down for the Count! The winner is Edmond Dantes!

You know, I'm down for a little monkey business!

1659675948269.png

Donkey Kong, Nintendo’s Jungle King!

VS!

1659675982636.png

Gorilla Grodd, DC Comics’ psionic simian warlord!

Simians are very closely tied to human beings. So much so that the popular theory is that we evolved from them. But one thing's for certain: there are just some advantages apes have over us!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Donkey Kong: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Gorilla Grodd: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x5
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5

31-40 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x40
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x35
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x33

21-30 Noms
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x30
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x30
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x26

Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x25
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x25
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x25
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x25
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x21

11-20 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x17
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x11

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Leonidas I Vs. Saigo Takamori x10
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x10
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x5
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong is strong, but Gorilla Grodd has to deal with the Flash, who is way stronger, faster, and can vibrate in between molecules, time travel, and all that weird physics breaking stuff. Plus Gorilla Grodd has psychic abilities and is an expert tactician and scientist on par with Lex Luthor. So, I fear, Donkey Kong, no matter what he throws at this guy, barrels, coconut guns, walnuts, peanuts, pineapple shells, is going to end up in the ground and DK-ing.

Nominations
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK has resistance against mind manipulation as seen in the opening of DKC Returns, and he has crazy stupid over the top cartoon character strength as punching a moon out of orbit. He's also dealt with apes many times his size, check the Jungle Beat fight against Ghastly King. He's also dealt with enemies that teleport, command an army, shoot elemental energy at him, and DK is also crazy durable as he took direct cannonball shots by K.Rool's blunderbuss. Outside of that there are five appearances of DK where he has some sort of invincibility that could help him tank hits and find a meaningful way to land a blow. Up close he's also extremely strong, fast and dangerous, and DK fights fellow apes all the time.

I might be biased, but am going for Donkey Kong.

My nominations:
Twinbee VS Opa-Opa x3

I believe that Donkey Kong could win the battle, because he seems stronger than Grodd in terms of striking strengh and lifting strengh. DK is so strong that he can cause the moon to fall down on earth by punching it (Seen in DKC returns). Grodd's strengh is on Building level class, making him less stronger than DK.

One thing that DK has but Grodd doesn't is summoning animals to attack like Rambi for notable example. Although Grodd could manipulate them to attack DK, but DK could survive being trampled by mind-controlled animals (Or he could do something to snap them out of their manipulation effect).

DK seems more durable than Grodd, since his durability is on galaxy level (Which he could survive most of Grodd's attacks, giving him advantage). While Grodd's durability is one building level, making him less likely to survive DK's attacks.

While Grodd is more intelligent than him (He can create advanced technology and he is skilled in bio-engineering), DK seems also intelligent, since he is also capable of using weapons and replicating human moves well (Although he can't build machines unlike Grodd).
Speaking of Grodd's intelligence, he seems more tactical than DK, which he could trick him in order to defeat DK (Although DK wouldn't fall for Grodd's tricks too much, since he is immune to hypnosis as Tiki kalimba tried to hypnotize him in DKC returns).

They both are equipped with weapons like Freeze ray (Grodd) and coconut gun (DK), which they are gonna be used in fight. DK has more weapons (Like Barrels, bongos, coconut gun and orange grenades) than Grodd since Grodd has only helmet, laser guns, giant spoon and freeze ray (He could freeze DK, but he (DK) could dodge it with his rolling).

Speaking of their speed, it seems that Grodd may be faster because he can vibrate through molecules like Alrex said, but DK could catch him up if he could use his rocket barrels that allow him to fly.

Also we assume that DK can't use Diddy, Dixie or Cranky as assists in the battle since it's a 1v1 fight. Same goes for Gorrila Grodd, who can't use Lex Luthor as his assistant.

For some reason, DK doesn't have any notable weaknesses while Grodd can be angered (it counts as a weakness according to VS Battles website) in terms of their weaknesses (Although his rage could possibly let him defeat DK, but I'm not sure about it).

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I have to reiterate, anything that Donkey Kong could hit Gorilla Grodd with is not going to phase him as much when he's taken massive flurries of punches from the Flash, and has even been able to catch him off guard. His mental powers have even been able to work on Kryptonians like Superman and Supergirl, who I can only assume are more mentally tenacious than the banana-hording ape. K. Rool is not necessarily someone to scoff at, but comparing him as a tactical leader to Grodd is like comparing the stereotypical "guy who thinks he's Napoleon" to the actual Napoleon. He's not exactly all there, so to speak, and is more on the "Saturday morning cartoon villain" end of things whereas Grodd is a super-genius in a world of super-geniuses. Donkey Kong can only really bring brute force to this, but it won't be anything Grodd hasn't seen before. Donkey Kong's best feat is punching the moon, which is fair enough, but considering Wally West apparently can hit with the force of a white dwarf star, even before getting into the full scaling of everyone.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's worth mentioning for Grodd that his mind manipulation has worked on characters who have some degree of resistance to it so DK overcoming the Tikis' hypnosis isn't quite enough when Grodd's successfully used it on characters like Mongul and Star Sapphire.

Grodd also beat Kalibak in a fight and he's shown to be on par with Wonder Woman as the God of War and with Superman both Pre-Crisis and after Rebirth.

But to go beyond his own innate abilities, Grodd is capable of making things like freeze rays and he even used to have a ship that was built using Gorilla City tech that could go as fast as the Flash and had a drill on it so he could use it to dig through the Earth.

Grodd takes this one imo.

Top Bottom