• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Blaze was a paw-erful opponent, but from the beginning, she was never the real star! The winner is Starfire!

Don’t touch that dial, folks at home, because it’s showtime!

1659070902628.png

Homer Simpson, Springfield’s patriarch of The Simpsons!

VS!

1659070933216.png

Peter Griffin, Quahog’s resident Family Guy!

Now, these two have actually run into each other in the past in that one infamous crossover episode, yet they were never really going all out either way when they fought. Representing the biggest FOX animated comedies, we’re pitting them against one another again, but with higher stakes!

WHO WINS?
WHO DIES?

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
AlRex AlRex x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5

21-30 Noms
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo x27
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x27
Donkey Kong Vs. Gorilla Grodd x26
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x25
Shulk Vs. Diavolo x25
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x24
Avenger Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao x23

11-20 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x20
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x20
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x19
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x14
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x13
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x12
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x12

1-10 Noms
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x8
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x8
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x8
Maui Vs Arjuna x6
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x5
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x4
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Captain Kirk VS Han Solo X3
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby X3
Harlem Globetrotters VS MonStars X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2

As for the battle at hand, you might bring up how their canonical fight went, but given that it ended with a UFO randomly crashing onto one of them, I cannot say that it would be a full determining factor as to who would actually win. I feel like, if we broaden the full scope of this, given that Peter and Family Guy are famous for many things that defy the laws of physics, and the ever-present cutaway gag, Homer should be allowed things like Treehouse of Horror, as well as the comics and video games. If it helps, Peter can get extended material, as well.

All the strange and variable experiences both have had (boxing, chicken fights, various jobs and career paths between them, both even having been the Grim Reaper, etc.) might pale in comparison to the ultimate one: meeting God. What were their experiences with the Almighty? Well, variable, sometimes helping, sometimes coming into conflict. But Homer, and the other Simpsons, have managed to defeat God...in The Simpsons Game. Meanwhile, Peter got punched by God and felt pain. That he survived at all is impressive, but he doesn't seem to be engaging in a fight with Him like he does with the Chicken. Apologies if this is too contentious to bring up. But if Homer can handle direct punishment from God better, I feel that, ultimately, Homer will have the tenacity to outlast Peter, even if Peter is more outwardly outlandish most of the time.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I think Peter would win.
Family Guy is a crazier show. The Simpsons is more grounded with a plot, while Family Guy gives cutaway gags that lead Peter to cloning himself and becoming a Wonder Twin. You would find Family Guy doing stuff like time travel on a normal episode.
Peter could also have his spirit friends drag Homer into oblivion.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think Peter would win.
Family Guy is a crazier show. The Simpsons is more grounded with a plot, while Family Guy gives cutaway gags that lead Peter to cloning himself and becoming a Wonder Twin. You would find Family Guy doing stuff like time travel on a normal episode.
Peter could also have his spirit friends drag Homer into oblivion.
Okay, so, question: does the Treehouse of Horror stuff level it up in Homer's favor to match Family Guy's more zany structure? I mean, in some instances Homer becomes a vampire, goes crazy or becomes a giant blob that eats fat people in those episodes. You don't suppose that gives him an edge over Peter, do you?

Noms:
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x5

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I feel like, with as strange as the extended Simpsons material can get, the only real determining factor for me is what I've mentioned: how both fared against God. Peter got sucker-punched while Homer held his own.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Okay, so, question: does the Treehouse of Horror stuff level it up in Homer's favor to match Family Guy's more zany structure? I mean, in some instances Homer becomes a vampire, goes crazy or becomes a giant blob that eats fat people in those episodes. You don't suppose that gives him an edge over Peter, do you?

Noms:
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x5
The Treehouse of Horror specials are non-canon, so I didn't count that for Homer.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Whether or not Peter would be able to win, Homer would not be able to win. If Peter was going to lose, he could force endless cutaways to stop himself from losing with no end in sight. He could potentially even trap Homer within the cutaways and win in this fashion, similar to how Giorno kills Diavolo in Jojo.

Noms:
Grunty vs K. Rool x3
Guldo vs Dio x3
Whitebeard vs Netero x2
DK vs Grodd x2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It seemed today, that all we saw, was violence and a kill so raw! This match-up result was as clear as the sky, the winner’s Peter Griffin, the family guy!

Be sure to look respectfully, because this next match-up is a real test of mental fortitude and focus:

1659154471559.png

Ilulu, the former enemy of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid!

VS!

1659154450805.png

Passionlip, Fate's Alter Ego of Love & Hate!

In this battle of the bulges, it’s victory or bust as these two former villainesses will throw insanely massive hands at each other!

WHO WINS?
WHO DIES?

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x15
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x15
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10

21-30 Noms
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo x30
Avenger Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao x28
Donkey Kong Vs. Gorilla Grodd x28
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x27
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x26
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x25
Shulk Vs. Diavolo x25
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x24

Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x23

11-20 Noms
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x22
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x19
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x15
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x15
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x14
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool x11

1-10 Noms
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x10
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x9
Maui Vs Arjuna x6
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x5
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Captain Kirk VS Han Solo X5
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X3
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2
NEW ONE: Barney the Dinosaur VS Mr. Blobby X2

As for this one...oh dear. Passionlip is I guess at least not uhhh as 1000 year old what-have-you anime trope, to not get too far into it. And she has those giant claws, which should be pretty effective. Although it seems like she has to sit on them to stay upright. I dunno. I am pretty (ahem) permissive of some of this kind of thing, although I'm trying to be tactful here. I don't know either that well., though I did briefly watch Dragon Maid before Ilulu showed up. Lucoa being sus towards that boy wasn't enough, apparently. Oh lord. Tohru and Kobiyashi's relationship seemed cute, at least.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so this was a match-up I’ve been thinking about for a while and really want opinions about.

Ilulu and Passionlip are really damn powerful, in their own respects.

Power:

During her brief spat with Tohru, Ilulu attempted to blow up the entire city, which according to fan analysis is Tokyo. The nuclear bomb that blew up Nagasaki was carrying about 21 kilotons of TNT. Nagasaki has a square mileage of 156.7 square miles, around 18% smaller than Tokyo’s 847. If we were to scale up the explosive payload relative to the city size, Ilulu would have to release a fiery burst equivalent of 1.7 megatons of TNT. BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE!

Ilulu was strong enough to blow up a large chunk of the mountain Kobayashi met Tohru which, according to this calculation page, was most likely Mount Kobushi, which lines up most accurately with the mountain shape in both the manga and the anime. The page in question states that the blast would’ve been equivalent to 372 megatons (372,000 kilotons) of TNT, around 46% stronger than the Krakatoa eruption in 1883 and much more powerful than the potential city-busting blast.

That not enough? Well, in these pages of Chapter 31, Ilulu makes an, albeit interrupted, statement that her true form could destroy the world they were on! Earth would need to take an explosive payload of 60 zettatons (60 quadrillion tons) of TNT to thoroughly destroy; 600 times the payload of the Vredefort asteroid. Now Ilulu could just be bluffing with that statement. But this is a good time to remind you that dragons are ridiculously powerful in the world of Dragon Maid. One dragon, Lucoa, is so damn powerful that she’s put in a faction called the Spectators where she cannot intervene whatsoever, so Ilulu might actually not be bluffing.

Passionlip, though? Ohhh, she’s a whole other story.

Passionlip’s most powerful ability is a cheat Skill, or id_es, called Trash & Crush. This skill, evolved from the Monstrous Strength Skill, allows her to crush anything she perceives as fitting her hands in into a 5cmx5cmx5cm cube that she can store away in her Breast Valley (basically a hammerspace cleavage). Notice the “perceives” part: Trash & Crush is a perception-based Skill. If something is much smaller from her point of view in comparison to her hands, she could crush it, meaning Passionlip could potentially crush the sun out of the sky if she wanted to. Destroying the sun itself would require about 160 zettatons of TNT to do. Lip is regarded as the strongest of the Sakura Five for a very good reason.

Though there are some weak points to this skill: for one, a character who’s sufficiently quick enough could evade Passionlip’s line of sight and avoid being targeted by the skill, much like what happened when she helped Ritsuka in fighting Suzuka Gozen. Furthermore, the bigger the object, the more time it’ll take to compress it into a cube.

As far as power goes, Passionlip seems to take it.

Endurance:
Ilulu is strong enough to take a hit from Tohru, who was capable of creating a blast strong enough to be seen in orbit. According to that page, Tohru would have to be expelling an individual force of around 5 megatons of TNT to create that explosion.

Miss Wada Arco's Sakuraface Servant possesses A-Rank Endurance. If I'm understanding Servant Parameter ranks correctly, this means she can endure 50 times what the average human can. Another Servant with A-Rank Endurance, Hercules, tanked being directly impacted by the sword Caladbolg, which was capable of shattering the island of Laputa with a single strike. Judging by the size of the island in the Agartha Singularity, Caladbolg must have struck with a minimum yield of 19 teratons of TNT…although that’s sort of cheating because Caladbolg killed one of the twelve lives Nine Lives granted him and Herc was brought back to life afterward. This is also offset by the fact that Passionlip’s skin is overly sensitive, thus making her more susceptible to pain. Meltryllis herself said that “even the slightest bit of damage is enough to send her reeling”.

Hard to tell with this, I might have to call it a draw.

Speed:
As far as speed goes, Ilulu is fast enough to keep up with Tohru, who in turn is faster than Kanna, who was capable of flying from Tokyo to New York City in 10 seconds, placing Kanna at 3156 times faster than sound.

Passionlip possesses an Agility rank of C, 30 times faster than the normal human, but despite this is capable of going so fast that even Gilgamesh, a Servant who can see into the future and is considered one of the strongest Servants on the Throne of Heroes, could not intercept her in time when she reached to attack Hakuno Kishinami.

Combat Experience:
Prior to the events of the story, Ilulu had been destroying cities and killing humans for a very long time considering dragons can live on to be millennia old, but despite this, her plan of attack is to take a foe head-on…which usually gets her defeated near-instantly, like when she tried to fight Fafnir.

By contrast, Passionlip is relatively extremely young, though her battle plan is effectively the same as Ilulu’s, but instead, she only retaliates when someone attacks her enough. Lip is effectively the force to her sister Meltryllis’s finesse. Furthermore, the only thing holding back Passionlip’s will to fight is her “childishness”, and without it, she’s a nigh-unstoppable behemoth. This was shown when she had her personality restrained in the SE.RA.PH Singularity by the time the protagonist, Ritsuka Fujimaru, arrives.

In the end, I’ll have to give this a draw.

Noms:
Achilles VS Cu Chulainn x6
Maui VS Arjuna x4

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok today we are finally talking about at least one character that I know very well (Pass). Goliso already did a very well explained analysis about what Pass is able to do, probably the only thing I would consider a disadvantage for her is the previously mentioned childish/innocent actitude she have, there is a way to eliminate this thought.

In the SE.RA.PH. Singularity Kiara Sessyoin used a skill of her called "Karma Phage" that basically removed her sense of self, thus removing any class of personality making her a killing machine. But I doubt she can induce herself under this state so this is probably something we couldn't have in consideration.

Wonder if Illulu's abilities counts has magic, since she has C-Rank Magic Resistance that even if isn't a no-sell she can tank mid-rank spells. She is also surprisingly stealthy for be a girl with huge....hands..., having a A+ Rank in Presence Concealment, so if the stage has places where to hide she could take Illulu by surprise.

Probably unfair since I don't know too much about Illulu so the only knowledge I have is what Goliso said but I think the winner would be Pass.
  • Arcueid vs Ryougi x 5
  • Vergil vs Galacta Knight x 5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ok today we are finally talking about at least one character that I know very well (Pass). Goliso already did a very well explained analysis about what Pass is able to do, probably the only thing I would consider a disadvantage for her is the previously mentioned childish/innocent actitude she have, there is a way to eliminate this thought.

In the SE.RA.PH. Singularity Kiara Sessyoin used a skill of her called "Karma Phage" that basically removed her sense of self, thus removing any class of personality making her a killing machine. But I doubt she can induce herself under this state so this is probably something we couldn't have in consideration.

Wonder if Illulu's abilities counts has magic, since she has C-Rank Magic Resistance that even if isn't a no-sell she can tank mid-rank spells. She is also surprisingly stealthy for be a girl with huge....hands..., having a A+ Rank in Presence Concealment, so if the stage has places where to hide she could take Illulu by surprise.

Probably unfair since I don't know too much about Illulu so the only knowledge I have is what Goliso said but I think the winner would be Pass.
  • Arcueid vs Ryougi x 5
  • Vergil vs Galacta Knight x 5
Ilulu does know some magic, though most examples aren't meant for offense. Dragon fire could be considered magic as well, though I AM unsure how it scales to Fate magic.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
If we are talking about Fate dragons, they are considered one of the most powerful magical sources, but Ilulu isn't a Fate Dragon so I don't think the fate logic would work.

The description of Rank-C Magic Resistance says that can null two verse spells, but not greater magecraft.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ilulu talked trash, but in the end, got crushed! The winner is Passionlip!

Well, that’s enough anime tiddy for a long time, let’s move on to something more magical:

1659241992228.png

Maleficent, the Mistress of All Evil!

VS!

1659242006461.png

Jafar, the Scourge of Agrabah!

Disney has made countless memorable villains over the years, but out of all of them, it’s the evil mages that are the go-to for most memorable!

WHO WINS?
WHO DIES?

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
I infinity Sorceror x15
GolisoPower GolisoPower x15
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x5

31-40 Noms
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo x35
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x32

21-30 Noms
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x30
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x30
Avenger Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao x28
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x26
Donkey Kong Vs. Gorilla Grodd x26

Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x25
Shulk Vs. Diavolo x25
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x25
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x21

11-20 Noms
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x18
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x17
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x12
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x11

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x5
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x2
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Jafar is significantly more versatile than Maleficent. I will say it's kind of a big question whether this is bog standard "base" Jafar, Jafar with the lamp, or genie Jafar.

Regular Jafar just has disguises and hypnosis with the snake staff. If he can't hypnotize Maleficent then he blatantly just loses to the large dragon. As far as whether or not Maleficent would be vulnerable to it, she honestly doesn't seem all that bright in Kingdom Hearts 3, aimlessly wandering around searching for her mystic box and accomplishing nothing because she's not relevant to KH3's plot. Regardless, I will say the Maleficent dragon could blatantly overpower him without much trouble. Unfortunately for Maleficent I think we generally give characters their full power in these death battles so this is probably not the Jafar she is facing.

Jafar with the lamp can wish for anything and can casually teleport Maleficent to space, given he sent Aladdin halfway across the planet. It's just a matter of if Jafar wants to waste a wish on that, because I think it would be relatively out of character for him to do so. Regardless, Jafar with his wish to be the "the most powerful sorcerer in the world" is likely to be stronger than fellow sorcerer Maleficent already, and he has his own giant snake form shown on screen with more magic at his disposal.

Genie Jafar as seen in Return of Jafar doesn't need a master to tell him wishes and can pretty much squash Maleficent like a bug. On screen feats are instantly teleporting people deep underwater, summoning 10 flying horsemen out of nothing as well as a giant ship full of buried treasure that he could just crush people with. Based on what he can materialize/teleport he should take it pretty easy. He has his lamp as a weakness and is very, very, very stupid with how vulnerable he leaves this weakness in Return of Jafar, enabling his defeat, but I would still give it to Jafar anyway.

There is technically a fourth Jafar in the Hercules/Aladdin crossover where he is revived as an undead by Hades, taking place after Return of Jafar. As far as I can tell, this is just "most powerful sorcerer" Jafar with a new coat of pain, though.

Also Grunty/K. Rool's noms went down from 11 to 8 this update. Will post my noms later today.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Also Grunty/K. Rool's noms went down from 11 to 8 this update. Will post my noms later today.
Should be fixed now.

Also...

Noms:
Shulk Vs. Diavolo x10
Magnus the Red (Warhammer 40,000) Vs. Jean Grey (Marvel Comics) x5

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I don't have much new to contribute to this one. Default Jafar just gets got by the dragon Maleficient, but the Genie Jafar wins. Pretty simple.

Nominations
Captain Kirk VS Han Solo X 2
Harlem Globetrotters VS the MonStars X 3
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X 3
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby X 2

My Barney VS Mr. Blobby nomination didn't get in last time, dang. Granted, I only gave it 2, and am not choosing to give it more now, but still.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My Barney VS Mr. Blobby nomination didn't get in last time, dang. Granted, I only gave it 2, and am not choosing to give it more now, but still.
Ah, apologies, I'll have it fixed in a jiffy!

EDIT: Should be fixed now!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jafar was a snake throughout, and in the end got his wish to win! The winner is Jafar!

Week 2 is done, and it's off to our 3rd Week!

Day 15: Ryougi Shiki/Void Shiki VS. Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype: Earth
Day 16: Captain Kirk VS. Han Solo
Day 17: Shulk VS. Diavolo
Day 18: Edmond Dantes VS. Xiao
Day 19: Donkey Kong VS. Gorilla Grodd
Day 20: Achilles VS. Cu Chulainn
Day 21: Vergil VS. Galacta Knight

We all know Fate, right? Well, that’s not the only thing Type-MOON has made!

1659330090676.png

Ryougi Shiki, Heiress of the Ryougi Clan!

VS!

1659330111735.png

Arcueid Brunestud, the Moon Princess!

We all know Fate is popular, but that’s just one facet of an entire multiverse, each with their own unique characters and their own crazy-overpowered abilities!

(The links name to pages dedicated to the various feats and abilities of both combatants, BTW)

WHO WINS!?
WHO DIES!?

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x15
AlRex AlRex x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x28
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x25
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x25
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x21
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x21

11-20 Noms
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x17

Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x15
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x11

1-10 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x10
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate x10
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Gray x5
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x2
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I have nothing to add to this match-up. One girl has a knife, so she has the advantage, currently?

Nominations
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X3
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2 [which would bring it up to 4, but you missed it again, d'oh]

I'll also personally say that I think Wreck-It Ralph and the Hulk have much better opponents than each other. But that is perhaps for a different nomination time.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I dropped this series pretty fast after Nero Chaos was gone as he was all I really wanted to see from it. If I remember correctly, the knives can arbitrarily cut through anything which is a pretty good ability, but I can't remember any of Arcueid's abilities at all.

Nominations:
Guldo/Dio x5
Grunty/K. Rool x5
Whitebeard/Netero x5

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Shiki vs Arcueid
Arc takes it, as her stats are just too insane to ignore. Shiki could win it with a slash in the right place, but Arcueid is so far beyond her, physically, that there's no way that that could realistically happen.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright FINALLY a match-up where I now very well both character probably because it was the matchup I suggested.

Well it's my time for simp for Type-Moon lore for like 4 hours that it's what it takes me write all this thing.

First for all for sources about both characters, even if Arcueid get an important update to his power in the remake Tsukihime - a piece of blue glass moon I will don't have it in consideration mostly since its a work that hasn't finished yet and it lacks a particular element that I wanted to discuss, and of course her Berserker appearence in Fate/Extra nor her Moon Cancer version recently added in Fate/Grand Order also doesn't count. So in the end all her sources are:
  • Tsukihime (2000)
  • Tsukihime PLUS-DISC
  • Tsukihime (Manga)
  • Kagetsu Tohya
  • Melty Blood series (not counting Type Lumina)

In the case of Ryougi it would be the real deal Shiki Ryougi and not her servant version from Fate/Grand Order nor Fate/Extra. So the only thing I will have in account would be the Kara no Kyoukai movies and light novel and Melty Blood.

Alright now let's go for the good thing.

Strength/Physical Attack Potency
Starting with Arcueid let's start establishing that she is a vampire, but a very different type of vampire even for Nasuverse standards, the denomination for her is "True Ancestor", in simple words, they are like the original and true vampires with all the good things and any of the flaws, and between a species of ridiculously strongs creatures, Arcueid is the strongest of them, yet her strength is quite limited in his regular form since she repress herself for evite fall in the madness due her bloodlust. Even then she is still capable to do things like create craters around her path while fighting and kill Nrvsqr Chaos' creatures with ease.

Ryougi for the other hand is a human, an absurdly competent human but she stills being physically a human. She has knowledge in assasination techniques, multiple martial arts and swordmanship but any of this would be a rival of Arcueid with the exception of a special power of her that I would touch later that is the reason why she is so dreaded.

Speed/Agility
Due her True Ancestor nature Arcueid has superhuman speed, but she isn't quite agile since her fighting style is always "I punch this first before it can punch me". But Ryougi is a completely different story.

Ryougi isn't only very fast (again, in comparison to the regular human), but it's also very agile being able to jumps buildings one after another with grace, her eyes are also very well desarrollated being able to track opponents that are theorically faster than her, and, between all things, she did this.

Durability
Shiki is trained for endure pain and is quite resistent in general, but, has usual, her major debility is that she is a human, while she heals from a broken rib and an internal organ in a week Arcueid regenerates herself after being cutted in 17 individual pieces (gore warning in the link) in a night.

Actual Abilities

Well, has I said is don't know too much of this analysis, so I will first for all list what Arcueid can do vs what Ryougi can do.
Arcueid's Abilities
Enhanced Senses (most notorious the smell)
Mystic Eyes of Enchantment
  • It gives her the ability to manipule the mind, memory and even soul of the persons.
  • It also allows her to indulge physical paralysis to someone.
Blood Magic
Marble Phantasm
  • Her most notorious ability, basically the power to change reality.
  • In her actual state, even if isn't that powerful like the usual she can do things like materialize a copy of the moon.
  • One of the most notorious abilities of Arcueid's Marble Phantasm is the summoning of her home, the Millenium Castle Brunestud, basically her liar and even if the combat aplications of this place are minimal, in Melty Blood is used for seal the opponent.
Backup
  • The term was included in the remake, but it was already knowed has an ability she had.
  • Probably even more bull**** overpowered than the Marble Phantasm, since basically makes her always stronger than the opponent meanwhile she is on the Earth or the Moon.

She has some addition abilities, but most of them or doesn't have a combat aplication or are derivatives or the ones already mentioned. Now in terms of Ryougi.
1659375383210.png
Shiki's Abilities
Magical Prostetic Arm
  • A gift of the talented puppeter Touko Aozaki.
  • Allows her to grab things that are normally intangible like ghosts.
  • It also has a secret compartiment that guards a knife.
Self-Suggestion
  • Makes her a combat machine eliminating the "innecesary" parts to only concentrate in combat.
  • This skill is particullary stronger when she is using a sword.
Mystic Eyes of Death Perception
  • A.K.A. what allows her to rivalize Arcueid.
  • Long-short story she can see the "lines" of death between the things, sometimes even referred has a future sight.
  • It also allows her to cut those lines erasing their existence.
  • With the help of (SPOILERS) it also allows her to kill abstract concepts like waves, illness, magecraft, and even other Mystic Eyes.
    • Though she needs to perceive that things has "something alive" to being able to kill it, for example a phone can be killed since she thinks it has life, but a broken phone cannot be killed since she thinks its "already dead".
Connection to the Root
Oh boy... I prefer save this for later.

Someone can think that the obvious advantage is from Arcueid but using has example fellow-MEoDP user Shiki Tohno Ryougi is capable to do things like kills the connection of Arcueid with the Earth thus nullifing her Backup ability or even destroy her Marble Phantasm creations (for not say that are the reason why Arcuid is debilitated in most of the VN story), and that is considerating that Ryougi is far more skilled than Tohno since it doesn't have his mortal illness.

Weakness
Arcueid must use a percentage of her power to keep herself under control and hold back her bloodlust has mentioned before, something that it isn't relevant to fight since is something that Ryougi can't use against her but it isn't bad to note are her debility to Conceptual Weapons and Reality Marbles, the first would depend of their concept with some of them having a Death concept similar to the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception that has noted before are one of the things that can debilitate if not completely kill her while the second is a type of magic that "rewrite" the world cutting her connection to the Earth.

Main Shiki debility is her human nature, unlike Arcueid she needs to eat, breath and even if her healing is impressive it doesn't match Arcueid's, she also needs to hit her opponent to use her Mystic Eyes properly and also has previously mentioned she has struggles killing things with a complex death concept or an immortal, a category that Arcueid falls. Even if her main weapon is a knife she only can use her full potential with a sword.

In the end I think the winner would be Arcuei-STOP. I think it was pretty obvious since I saved a lot of things under all this text. And is that this two girls have something in common that makes all this analysis 10 times more difficult to do.

Archetype: Earth vs「Shiki Ryougi」

Welcome to Type-Moon where things can NEVER be easy!, let me introduce this two characters again.

Arcueid Brunestud, also knowed has Archetype: Earth, is not only a True Ancestor, but the manifestation of the Crimson Moon, what is the Crimson Moon?, well there is a particular phrase in the Type-Moon fandom, "We don't talk about the Moon", the only thing you need to know is that in the Nasuverse the older a concept is the stronger they are, and the Crimson Moon is probably one of the oldest things in the universe. Archetype: Earth is in easier words Arcueid in his maximum power, any of the previosuly mentioned restrictions are off and she can use all her power, how much she can do?, well, I said that I didn't wanted to use the Remakes for sources since it isn't a complete work and particullary Archetype Earth hasn't appeared yet properly but, even without her full power she can use an ability called Event Storage, that unlike the Marble Phantasm that is the alteration of the reality to bring in existence something inexistent or a Reality Marble that is the creation of a world inside the original one the Event Storage is the complete storage and rewrite of anything in the surface of the Planet. And is not temporaly like the previous two, is permanent. Now apart of this think in all the previously mentioned abilities she has and multiply to whatever the size you want. THAT is her power. Usually the biggest problem of Archetype: Earth is her arrogant personality that makes her underestimate the situations.

「 」, also refered has「Shiki Ryougi」or Void Shiki is the third personality of Ryougi (because yeah she has, or well, had multiple personalities but I didn't mentioned it before since it wasn't relevant for the analysis), she is the part of her that it's connected to the Root, in a similar way to the Crimson Moon explain what the root is it would be too complicated and in the end is meaningless, the only thing is necessary to explain is that it's like the regist of everything in the universe and in the infinite possibilities inside it, sometimes Void Shiki is called has the Root itself. Unlike Arcueid Ryougi has a connection to the Root even when the third personality isn't under control and its what allows her to use her Mystic Eyes without falling into madness, but「Shiki Ryougi」can go even deeper, connecting to where all cause and effect begin and everything and nothing exist. She claims the ability to do anything she wishes, as being connected to it makes her an equivocal existence and she have a equivalence to a transcendence of abstract level of existence. She claims restructuring the laws governing atomic matter, going back in time to change the evolution and development of all life, and reconstructing the orders and laws of the world would be easy for her to accomplish. It is not actually changing the existing world, but instead annihilating the old world with a new world. Also unlike Arcueid however, since it isn't Ryougi herself but a personality of her it doesn't have actual control of it and she claimed to don't have any interest in anything due to her omniscience, remaining dormant.

In the end, both Archetype: Earth and Void Shiki are despicted has the stronger entities capable of alterate the universe has we know, who has a stronger control of it is unknown, people could say that it's Void Shiki since she is connected to what it could be considered the source of all itself but the Crimson Moon was sometimes portrayed has a rivalizing force.

Conclusion
In the end I think it would depend if we allow both of them go all out or retain their base power, in the first scenario the veredict is a Draw, but in the second I think the winner is...

Arcueid Brunestud

Oh right, all my noms goes for Akuma vs Mr. Karate

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I have nothing to add to this match-up. One girl has a knife, so she has the advantage, currently?

Nominations
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X3
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2 [which would bring it up to 4, but you missed it again, d'oh]

I'll also personally say that I think Wreck-It Ralph and the Hulk have much better opponents than each other. But that is perhaps for a different nomination time.
I need to reach out to someone to help with the noms at this rate lol

NOMS:
Magnus the Red VS. Jean Grey x5

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I feel quite bad for push this match, since I knew very well that few people would know at least something about them but I really wanted to talk about somethint that I like and most of the time the matchs are between things that I don't know anything so I wanted to have an oportunnity to be """the expert""".

Top Bottom