• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Inspired by the Platform Fighter Exploration Thread by amageish and the Death Battle Matchup Thread by Northsouthmap, comes the crossbred child nobody asked for:

Welcome to...
THE DEATH BATTLE MATCH-UP EXPLORATION THREAD

In this thread, we will be dedicating specific days to specific Death Battle match-ups: not just thinking them up, mind you, but also giving our thoughts on who wins, and how much we want that battle.

How Does It Work?
If you've played through the Rate Their Chances thread and Platform Fighter Exploration Thread, this generally follows a familiar structure: we all suggest a Death Battle match-up that hasn't been done yet, like Galactus vs. Unicron or Bugs Bunny vs. Mickey Mouse, and dedicate a day to talking about that match-up.

If you have a match-up you want to suggest, you've got 5 nominations, or "noms" for short, to fuel them. You get 5 extra noms by doing the following:
  • Giving connections between both fighters​
  • Asking questions about the active match-up​
  • A big write-up on how one side beats the other​
  • A write-up dedicated to who a character is if nobody knows that character​
We'll stick to there being no limit on how many more noms one will get for now, but let's talk about what they're for: noms basically are your ammo to prioritize a match-up you want for the next week. Oh, and you can abstain if you want. As for the rules:
  1. Give a valid reason why one side should win: how they counter the other side's abilities, what they may have as an advantage, etc. It's okay to like a character, but it is highly recommended that you do not use it as a reason why they win.
  2. Do not suggest battles that have already been done like Magneto vs. Tetsuo or Shadow vs. Ryuko unless there's a significant evolution in those characters' abilities since last they fought (Like, Master Chief vs. Doomguy, for example) that may achieve a different result.
  3. Nominate with only what you're given: do not just dump suggestions in your post.
  4. BE CIVIL. We're here to discuss who wins a Death Battle, not participate in one ourselves. That means no throwing unnecessary shade at a character, no suggesting "spite match-ups", and no waking up and choosing violence in this thread, among others.
  5. Above all else, have a good time!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 8:

Day 50:
Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman
Day 51: Astrobot Vs. R.O.B.
Day 52: Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls) Vs. Andross (Star Fox)
Day 53: Itchy (The Simpsons) Vs. Jerry (Tom & Jerry)
Day 54: Dennis the Menace (U.S.) Vs. Dennis the Menace (U.K.)
Day 55: Pokemon Generation 1 Vs. 1 Billion Lions
Day 56: The Blob Vs. The Thing

Current Match-Up:

PRESIDENT KOOPA (SUPER MARIO BROS 1993) VS. DR. EGGMAN (SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2020)

Our current nominated match-ups are...
41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
---

21-30 Noms
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x24
John Price Vs. John Wick x22

11-20 Noms
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x20
Kyo Kusanagi Vs. Ace x20
MacGyver Vs. Jigsaw x19
Aku Vs. Him x18
Kingprotea Vs. Ultraman x15
Sigurd Vs. King Arthur x15
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x15

1-10 Noms
Green Goblin Vs. Albert Wesker x10
Fatalis Vs. Seth x10
Canon Fox Vs. Melee Fox x10
Grugg Vs. Fred Flintstone x10
Grey Fox Vs. Snake Eyes x10
Zorotl Vs. Crazy Frog x9
Mumbo Jumbo Vs. Kamek x6
Leatherhead Vs. Killer Croc x5
Toy Story Gang Vs. Chucky x5
Reptar Vs. Powdered Toast Man x4
Winged Hussars Vs. Mongolian Army x4
Kefka Palazzo Vs. Hades x4
Tingle Vs. Wario x3
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

And our backlog of already-discussed match-ups is...
Megamind Vs. Gru (Winner: Megamind)
Jason Voorhees Vs. Pyramid Head (Winner: Pyramid Head)
Donald Duck Vs. Daffy Duck (Winner: Donald Duck)
Shaggy Vs. Jughead (Winner: Shaggy)
Ronald McDonald Vs. Burger King (Winner: Ronald McDonald)
Dr. Cortex Vs. Dr. Eggman (Winner: Dr. Eggman)
Terra Vs. Anakin (Winner: Anakin)
Engineer Vs. Sandy (Winner: Sandy)
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant (Winner: Jolly Green Giant)
Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron (Winner: Dexter)
Blaze Vs. Starfire (Winner: Starfire)
Homer Simpson Vs. Peter Griffin (Winner: Peter Griffin)
Ilulu Vs. Passionlip (Winner: Passionlip)
Maleficent Vs. Jafar (Winner: Jafar)
Arcueid Brunestud Vs. Ryougi Shiki (Winner: Arcueid Brunestud)
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo (Winner: Captain Kirk)
Shulk Vs. Diavolo (Winner: Shulk)
Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao (Winner: Edmond Dantes)
Donkey Kong Vs. Gorilla Grodd (Winner: Gorilla Grodd)
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn (Winner: Cu Chulainn)
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight (Winner: Vergil)
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby (Winner: Mordecai & Rigby)
Ryu Hayabusa Vs. Joe Musashi (Winner: Ryu Hayabusa)
Twinbee Vs. Opa-Opa (Winner: Opa-Opa)
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando (Winner: Guldo)
Gruntilda Vs. King K. Rool (Winner: King K. Rool)
Akuma Vs. Mr. Karate (Winner: Akuma)
Magnus the Red Vs. Jean Grey (Winner: Jean Grey)
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro (Winner: Segata Sanshiro)
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars (Winner: Mon-Stars)
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido (Winner: Shadow Shido)
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante (Winner: Dante)
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero (Winner: Whitebeard)
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek (Winner: Shrek)
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo (Winner: Carmen Sandiego)
Godzilla Vs. Hulk (Winner: Godzilla)
Rosalina Vs. Palutena (Winner: Rosalina)
Nightmare Vs. Artorias (Winner: Nightmare)
Maui Vs. Arjuna (Winner: Maui)
Leonidas I Vs. Saigo Takamori (Winner: Leonidas)
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby (Winner: Mr. Blobby)
Wizpig Vs. Ganon (Winner: Ganon)
V1 Vs. Zan (Winner: Zan)
Aang Vs. Po (Winner: Po)
Arlong Vs. King Piccolo (Winner: King Piccolo)
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez (Winner: The Doctor)
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder (Winner: Shredder)
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie (Winners: Ratchet & Clank)
Fate!Musashi Vs. Baki!Musashi (Winner: Fate!Musashi)

Last edited:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Terra vs Anakin.jpg Maleficent vs Jafar.jpg Jason Voorhees vs Pyramid Head.jpg Whitebeard vs Netero.jpg Vanitas vs Mephiles (snowsupply).jpg Ness vs Sans.jpg Kiryu vs John Wick.jpg

Connections:

Terra vs Anakin - Apprentices of masters of a martial art/order with a Light/Dark dichotomy who were influenced by the dark side into betraying their masters. Terra came to his senses before succumbing while Anakin did not.

Maleficent vs Jafar - 2 of Disney's premier magical villains of the company's Golden and Renaissance respectively who can transform into giant creatures thanks to their magic powers.

Jason Voorhees vs Red Pyramid/Pyramid Head - gigantic lumbering horror villain icons of Film and Gaming who wield giant knives. Not too thematic other than me liking it more than Jason vs Michael Myers.

Edward Newgate "Whitebeard" vs Isaac Netero - The strongest humans of their respective worlds who possess the most potent abilities in terms of Devil Fruit and Nen Ability respectively. Both are also political figures, with Whitebeard being an Emperor of the Sea and commander of the world's strongest pirate crew and Netero being the head of the Hunter Organization. Both also act as temporary mentors for the protagonist and battle an arc antagonist in place of the series protagonist.

Vanitas vs Mephiles the Dark - beings born of darkness specifically created to bring destruction upon the world, who also happen to share a visual similarity to the protagonist of their series. Their very existence also causes the creation of new creatures and monsters which wreak havoc and cause the apocalypse of at least one world or timeline.

Ness vs Sans - this one is kind of a meme but I think it's a fun enough match of two powerful telekinetics, one of which comes from a game heavily inspired by the other.

Kiryu vs John Wick - Two world-class fighters, one a yakuza clan leader and the other a legendary hitman for the Russian mafia who are both forced out of retirement at various points in their series. Both are master martial artists trained with deadly weapons, and have nicknames based on myth and legend, with Kiryu known as the Dragon and John known as Baba Yaga.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I don't remind every Death Battle (and in general the most recent Death Battle video I see was Heihachi vs Geese) but there are some matchups that I think didn't happen yet and it would be very badass to see.

Vergil (Devil May Cry) vs Galacta Knight (Kirby)
The Alpha and Omega vs The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy, this idea particulary started to live in my mind since I watched the new dimensional fractures that Vergil can do with Yamato since DMC5 (technically since DMC4 due Judgment Cut End but in DMC5 it's more prominent).
Void Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) vs Archetype: Earth (Tsukihime)
Technically a canon battle (or at least it is in Melty Blood...even if it was offscreen), the battle between the (most likely) two most powerful entities in the whole Nasuverse is just nuts for me.
Hyde Kido (Under Night In-Birth) vs Shiki Tohno/Nanaya (Tsukihime)
Another matchup with a Tsukihime character, considering how UNIB was basically a spiritual succesor of Melty Blood not only in mechanics but in lore with characters and concepts similar to each other (Hyde and Shiki not being an exception not only being the protagonist with a considerable in-universe sex appeal but also an ability that allows them to kill something unkillable) makes it an interesing match.
The Doom Slayer (DOOM) vs V1 (ULTRAK1LL)
The old old vs the new old, consider ULTRAK1LL just a mere Doom copy it should be a sin but in terms of what it's just cool V1 vs Doom Slayer would be great.
Yasuri Shichika (Katanagatari) vs Old Man Li Shuwen (Fate/Koha-Ace)
In first place we are talking about the Assassin Old Li Shuwen, since well Shichika is a skilled martial artist of the Kyotoryu style that tries to imite sword moves without the needing of use a sword (to the point that it's actually an anti-sword techique), this last part wouldn't be completely effectible to Li Shuwen since he fights without swords but that doesn't makes him less capable to give a fight.
Mawi (Polynesian Mythos) vs Arjuna (Mahabraratha)
A mythology fight, Mawi is very OP so I think the only mythology that could work without being a completely curb-stomp battle would be a hero of the myths where people shoots nukes with bows.
Yuuki Terumi (BlazBlue) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)
Two evil assholes that are loved because they are evil assholes, they also have godlike powers (thought in Terumi's case is because he actually is a god), makes the life of the heroes a hell and having even more damn OP forms has Susano'o and Safer Sephiroth.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
There's a good chance I might not be very useful in analyzing many of these ideas, but I'm totally interested anyway! I also have a few ideas- I know I get seven suggestions, but I don't have that many right now.

Stanford Pines (Gravity Falls) VS Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
Two old dudes who've spent many a year travelling the multiverse and have often been heavily rumored and implied to have met each other. They both have access to some interesting tools and gadgets, as well as both having experience from plenty of very strange dimensions.

Maxwell (Scribblenauts) VS Chara (Undertale)
The power of infinite creation versus the power of infinite destruction, both respectively held by human children (although in Chara's case, that can be debatable). I think it would be quite interesting to consider their methods of creation and destruction and how the two would clash to stop the other from using them.

Gizmoduck (DuckTales) VS Inspector Gadget (Inspector Gadget)
Two crimefighters with a ton of goofy tools hidden inside of themselves.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll sayyy...

Captain Kirk (Star Trek) VS Han Solo (Star Wars)
In terms of VS debating and fandom rivalries, Star Trek and Star Wars go really far back, even predating DEATH BATTLE and basically much of the other popular ones aside from Marvel and DC. As far as big "nerd/geek" media franchises go, Star Trek having not been on for this long is surprising. The most requested one currently, and one I think is pretty fitting, is Captain Kirk, the Enterprise's roguish captain and the series' first protagonist VS Han Solo, the Millenium Falcon's roguish captain and basically the most popular/prominent non-Force-user in the series. If it comes down to ships, the Enterprise bodies the Falcon (sorry, folks), but on ground, it can get more interesting. A phaser VS blaster shoot-out could be a toss-up, but in terms of a fist fight, Kirk has more experience. Still, the Expanded Universe for stuff can get pretty strange, so who knows?

Donald Duck (Disney) VS Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes)
Two of the most famous cartoon characters ever, albeit ones that hold second fiddle to their company's main mascots, and they're both cantankerous ducks. There's a lot of material both have, and you could justify either winning at this point, but my personal opinion is that I give the edge to Donald, since he's more aggressive rather than passive-aggressive like Daffy, and if you insist on it, Kingdom Hearts stuff is more of a consistent thing for him than DC stuff is for Daffy. Plus a few other factors...I've actually done this match in multiple forms, including on a VS show w/a friend myself, not to advertise, and DB has done this as a DBX, which was fun, but not research-based.

Sailor Moon VS Cardcaptor Sakura
This is one where I won't be too detailed, but basically, Sailor Moon is the most prominent anime character that hasn't been on yet (although Galaxia did show up), and Cardcaptor Sakura is another prominent 90's magical girl. The eras, genres, both characters' dispositions, both having animal companions, it feels right. There are other Sailor Moon matches ranging from alright (Seiya, Madoka) to "why" (Supergirl, Ryuko), but I'm picking this option for now. My guess is that Sailor Moon wins, but I'd be willing to see it go either way, potentially.

Bill Rizer (Contra) VS Marco Rossi (Metal Slug)
Both are run-and-gun game protagonists who are heavily inspired by Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and other action/sci-fi movies, taking on dictatorial armies and invading aliens. Both games are also famous for co-op multiplayer, so if you really wanted to, you could include their main partners, Lance Bean and Tarma Roving respectively. I dunno who wins, I heard some stuff about Contra being surprisingly high-levelled, but you would need a deep dive into both. Again, I'm fine with either result, but I have a preference for Metal Slug, just about.

Shaggy (Scooby-Doo) VS Jughead (Archie)
Another weird one. Shaggy has been famed recently for his power levels, but against another deceptively strong, heavy-eating skinny teenage guy hanging out with his friends and his dog, can he still pull it off? Surface-level, both are just that, a cowardly glutton and lazy glutton, respectively, but both have eventually had to deal with supernatural foes, the undead, becoming superheroes, time travel, increasingly strange crossovers. Perhaps the best match thematically for both, although I also have a weird affinity for Shaggy VS Luigi over Luigi's other options besides Tails.

Conan the Barbarian VS Tarzan
Two rough-fighting pulp heroes from even before Superman or Batman existed, and ones who fight animals, monsters, and assorted warlords. Preferably, much like Hercules VS Sun Wukong, it'd focus on the original incarnations rather than any later iterations. Conan is more of a weapons-user and trained fighter, but both are legitimately superhuman in strength and tenacity, and Tarzan actually has a lot more intelligence than one would initially assume. It'd be a simpler fight, and one that's not super power levels intensive, but that's part of why I like it.

Ronald McDonald (McDonald's) VS the Burger King
If we're talking prominent rivalries, DEATH BATTLE has still yet to touch the likes of Coke VS Pepsi, iPhone VS Android, and, okay, honestly, easier to present as a fight, McDonald's VS Burger King. These two mascots have years of material to pull from, are both extensive magic users, have strange video games to both of their names, they creep out people, could be some fun stuff. Aside from a Cereal Mascots Royale, this might be the other mascot/joke fight they'd have to tackle. You don't even have to dip into Rivals of Aether/MUGEN stuff to make it interesting, given this would already be a fight between two comical reality warpers.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Finn and Jake VS Mordecai and Rigby
2. Kids Next Door VS Teen Titans
3. Hero and Baymax VS Hiccup and Toothless
4. King VS Incineroar
5. Dr. Cortex VS Dr. Eggman
6. Saitama VS Captain Underpants
7. Gru VS Megamind

GolisoPower

Smash Master
And so our week has been solidified! Going from the vote list down we have:

1. Megamind Vs. Gru
  2. Jason Voorhees Vs. Pyramid Head
  3. Donald Duck Vs. Daffy Duck
  4. Shaggy Vs. Jughead
  5. Ronald McDonald Vs. Burger King
  6. Dr. Cortex Vs. Dr. Eggman
  7. Terra Vs. Anakin
Today's match-up is...

1658023224404.png

Megamind, the supremely-handsome master of evil!

VS.

1658023249165.png

Felonius Gru, the supervillainous father from Despicable Me!

Villains often serve as obstacles for the hero in stories. And yet there are instances that, for all their villainy there's something about these two that makes them seem more human.

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Being Bad makes me Happy
1658036319251.png
1658036341118.png

First with Megamind, an inventor with the skill and capability to combat superheroes. However, he doesn't possess much in the way of real physical skill, so instead he utilizes his many inventions to fight with. These include:
Blower Glove - Disperses poison gas and moves heavy objects
Death Ray - Self-explanatory
Forget-Me-Stick - Literally a baseball bat
Holo-Watch - Allows him to disguise himself as anyone else, with the exception of eye color
Invisible Car - Also self-explanatory
Tesla Glove - Fires electricity, powers electronics, and makes toast

But most notably, he has the De-Gun, which has a wide variety of functions:
Dehydration - Loss or removal of water from something or someone.
Decompress - Relieve or reduce the pressure on something or someone.
Debilitate - Make something or someone weak and infirm.
Demoralize - Cause someone to lose confidence or hope.
Decoupage - The art or craft of decorating objects with paper cut-outs.
Deregulate - Remove regulations or restrictions from.
Death Ray - The action or process of causing so much damage to something or someone that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired.
Destroy - Damaging or attacking something or someone.

And on top of this he has his Battle Suit, a gigantic mech armor that he can pilot for combat.
However, we also need to remember he has his Minion. Minion doesn't have many unique skills of his own, although he would be more effective in combat due to his battle armor, but he will generally wield the same weapons as Megamind, even piloting the Battle Suit if necessary.

Now with Gru, a highly successful villain who's spent most of his entire life doing crimes. He also tends to perform most of his crime with the use of his weapons, although he did not invent them himself. The weapons he uses include:
Big Blaster Cannon - Fires powerful fireballs
Fart Gun - Creates fart gas, which can knock people out with its potent stench
Flamethrower - Self-explanatory
Jelly Gun - Fires Gru's jelly, which absolutely nobody enjoys the taste of
Laser Gun - A fake gun with a laser sight that actually functions as a real laser

His most iconic preferred weapon choice however is the self-explanatory Freeze Ray. He does, of course, have the minor weakness of always calling out "Freeze Ray!" before using it...

But the most notable weapons Gru has are his Minions. Gru has hundreds of Minions, all of whom are generally incompetent (with a few exceptions), but they tend to be absolutely indestructible. Minions can also be corrupted into a Purple form, in which case they are uncontrollable, extra aggressive, and even more indestructible. They've been seen to swallow nukes, and survive them exploding in their stomachs. The only way to return a purple Minion to normal is to feed it something incredibly gross- the only known example being Gru's jelly. However, Minions are genetically drawn to follow whoever they believe the biggest, baddest boss is. If their leader is lost, they'll instinctively flock to find a new one.

In battle, there would absolutely be lots of fun to be had with the two matching their weapons against each other. Gru's Freeze Ray and Megamind's De-Gun could clash, although the De-Gun has many more capabilities. Notably, Megamind having access to not one but two separate Death Rays, one of which is included in the De-Gun, automatically calls for a major advantage on the blue spaceman's part.

If it comes down to the Minions, though... Gru has this in the bag, no contest. Gru's Minions are essentially indestructible. They have been proven immune to pretty much all forms of pain and torture, and it is implied that they may even be immune to nukes (this is only confirmed possible for Purple Minions, which may not be included in this match, as that form is exclusively triggered by a serum neither person is likely to have access to). Megamind's Minion is much less durable, despite being smarter. However, this doesn't mean much when he's outnumbered by a landslide. Both sides can use their masters' weapons though, which only escalates this in Gru's favor due to the sheer number of armed Minions. I still believe Gru's Minions could still be vulnerable to many of the De-Gun's effects, though.

I see the Death Rays as being the key components to victory here. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to blast Gru with one of them, and if that happens, the Minions will most likely determine Megamind to be a new, stronger leader and defect to his side. Otherwise, Gru's Minions would absolutely be capable of overtaking Megamind and his single Minion.

So really... this could go either way, but I see Megamind winning more often than not, but again only if he can successfully shoot Gru with a Death Ray.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I mostly agree with Torgo the Bear's analysis on this fight. I might say that a whole army of Minions is perhaps too much of a separate entity at this point, especially given the point that if Megamind kills Gru first, they could end up serving him. It's even possible that, with the Holo-Watch, Megamind could turn into Gru and fool them/trip them out. I would prefer it to just come down to the two men themselves, though. The DeGun also has a ton of functions that could instantly incapacitate someone if they aren't provably above/immune to its effects, and Megamind also seems a bit more maneuverable than Gru from what I remember, so it seems like he could get some more shots in.

Also pretty surprised at how well Shaggy VS Jughead did.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Megamind also have an army of disposable robots that serve him, too? They helped him in that one scene where they formed a giant version of his head.

But yeah, in a straight 1-on-1, I think Megamind's De-Gun is more versatile than Gru's Freeze Ray. Torgo & AlRex have provided some good insight on both sides, so ultimately, I'm gonna have to say Megamind seems to have it in the bag.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Megamind vs Gru.jpg

I'll be comparing the two's highest feats in a few statistics first, which doesn't necessarily have a definitive effect on the fight in this particular matchup since these two tend to rely on their weaponry rather than physical characteristics. However, it's nice to look at these physical stats in case their arsenals end up countering one another in such a way that it's reasonable to assume that a fight would come down to physical blows.

Strength/Striking Power: Gru
Gru has shown himself to be at least stronger than an average human at various points in the series whereas Megamind is notably below average in terms of physical strength. Notably, Gru was able to knock out a shark in one casual punch. Additionally, depending on canonicity, he was able to throw Vector through a ceiling with one hand, and was able to force a working trash compactor back open. He's also been shown to be physically capable of carrying large, heavy objects without much effort.

Durability: Megamind
Megamind has simply walked off more impressive blows than Gru. The best example here is Gru being knocked out from jumping out of a low-flying vehicle vs Megamind easily brushing off being stomped on by his giant robot. I think Megamind easily takes this one.

Speed/Agility: Megamind
This one is again pretty easily going to Megamind. Gru's most impressive agility feat is dodging heat-seeking missiles which fly at around 3600 MPH (obviously incredibly impressive, putting Gru's speed at around 7 times the speed of sound!) whereas Megamind dodged Tighten's eyebeams, which are harder to quantify but if we put them at even a quarter the speed of an average laser would be roughly 165600 miles per hour, or 46 times faster than Gru's heat-seeking missile feat.

Intellect: Megamind
Once again, Megamind simply outclasses Gru. While Gru is a strategist and master thief and did build a prototype rocket ship at a very young age, he typically relies on Dr. Nefario to do a lot of the scientific heavy-lifting. Megamind, on the other hand, designed and built all of his equipment by himself (which physical assistance from Minion), including an army of robots and an intelligent AI to pilot his giant mech, which he ALSO built. It's hard to quantify opposing intelligence for geniuses, but I'm gonna give this to Megamind with confidence.

EQUIPMENT/HELP
MegamindGru
Holowatch
  • Allows Megamind to project various realistic holographic images, including allowing him to disguise himself.
De-Gun, which has multiple modes (copied from an above post)
  • Dehydration - Loss or removal of water from something or someone.
    Decompress - Relieve or reduce the pressure on something or someone.
    Debilitate - Make something or someone weak and infirm.
    Demoralize - Cause someone to lose confidence or hope.
    Decoupage - The art or craft of decorating objects with paper cut-outs.
    Deregulate - Remove regulations or restrictions from.
    Death Ray - The action or process of causing so much damage to something or someone that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired.
    Destroy - Damaging or attacking something or someone.
Invisible Car

Death Ray (satellite)
Mech Suit
Hoverbike

Super Suit
  • Built to copy all of Metro Man's Powers, which are comparable to Tighten's.

Brainbots
Minion
  • Acts more as a "Guy in the Chair" for Megamind, but is stronger than an average human on his own. In a fight, Megamind would be in constant communication with Minion who would provide tactical advice and send in new equipment as needed.
Freeze Ray
Shrink Ray
Laser Gun
Fart Gun
Grumobile
Airship
Villain Suit
Misc Equipment:
Minions

Conclusion
Thanks to the cartoony equipment given to both, this match ends up feeling fairly close. Gru's minions are numerous and invulnerable enough to take on Megamind's thousands of Brainbots, letting the two evil geniuses focus on each other. Gru's Shrink Ray may be enough to counter Megamind's giant mech suit for a little while, and Gru's vehicles outclass Megamind's invisible car and hoverbike, but the moment Megamind busts out the Super Suit he takes an advantage that Gru simply cannot keep up with, even with his own Villain Suit granting him the upper hand in stealth. While Gru does possess deadly lasers, Megamind has dodged similar attacks from Tighten and Metro Man. Megamind's firepower, especially when considering the Death Ray, is too much for Gru's gadgets to counter.

In my opinion, the winner is Megamind.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
As far as this match-up went, it seems Gru met a Despicable end!

Our next match-up is...

1658115443146.png

Jason Voorhees, Camp Crystal Lake's hockey-masked killer!

VS!

1658115497427.png

Pyramid Head, Silent Hill's knife-dragging executioner!

When trapped in a space with a man out for blood, there's very little you can do. Especially if it's a guy in a mask carrying a giant bladed weapon with intent of tormenting you throughout your stay!

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

And it's time for our first NOM DISTRIBUTIONS!
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
Rychu Rychu x10
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear x10
AlRex AlRex x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
IIRC that means that I can submit 5 new battles right?
Nope, we're past that now: you got noms where you can submit any match-up you want within the boundaries of the rules.

For example:

Noms:
The Engineer (Team Fortress 2) Vs. Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob Squarepants) x5
Ilulu (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) Vs. Passionlip (Fate/EXTRA CCC) x5

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Lmao Ilulu vs Pass, I see what you did there.

My Nom:
Artorias the Abysswalker (Dark Souls) Vs. Nightmare (SoulEdge/Calibur) x3
Vergil (Devil May Cry) Vs. Galacta Knight (Kirby) x2

Gonna write something for Jason and P. Head tomorrow, is too late where I'm.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
As far as this match-up went, it seems Gru met a Despicable end!

Our next match-up is...

View attachment 356805
Jason Voorhees, Camp Crystal Lake's hockey-masked killer!

VS!

View attachment 356806
Pyramid Head, Silent Hill's knife-dragging executioner!

When trapped in a space with a man out for blood, there's very little you can do. Especially if it's a guy in a mask carrying a giant bladed weapon with intent of tormenting you throughout your stay!

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

And it's time for our first NOM DISTRIBUTIONS!
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
Rychu Rychu x10
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear x10
AlRex AlRex x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5
I posted matchups too.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I think Pyramid Head would win the fight.
The only way you could truly kill Pyramid Head, is if you get over your guilt and need for punishment, which is very out of character for Jason Voorhees to do.
Pyramid Head is slower, so the fight will go on for a long time until Pyramid Head just chops off his torso.

Noms:
Blaze the Cat VS Starfire x5
Dexter VS Jimmy Neutron x5

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Lmao Ilulu vs Pass, I see what you did there.

My Nom:
Artorias the Abysswalker (Dark Souls) Vs. Nightmare (SoulEdge/Calibur) x3
Vergil (Devil May Cry) Vs. Galacta Knight (Kirby) x2

Gonna write something for Jason and P. Head tomorrow, is too late where I'm.
Artorias VS Nightmare wasn't submitted on this thread.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate:
Captain Kirk VS Han Solo
and
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby.
If I can’t, I’ll nominate:
The Staypuft Marshmallow Man (Ghostbusters) VS the Jolly Green Giant
And
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo/Wally (Where’s Waldo/Wally?)

As for Jason VS Pyramid Head, I find it hard to decide because Pyramid Head is usually tied to Silent Hill/the protagonist’s specific mental state, IIRC. Disregarding that, I feel like he’s a bit slow, even compared to Jason, and Jason uses a bit more weaponry and is used to a wider array of foes, as far as I remember. Take this answer with a grain of salt, though.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I’ll renominate:
Captain Kirk VS Han Solo
and
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby.
If I can’t, I’ll nominate:
The Staypuft Marshmallow Man (Ghostbusters) VS the Jolly Green Giant
And
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo/Wally (Where’s Waldo/Wally?)

As for Jason VS Pyramid Head, I find it hard to decide because Pyramid Head is usually tied to Silent Hill/the protagonist’s specific mental state, IIRC. Disregarding that, I feel like he’s a bit slow, even compared to Jason, and Jason uses a bit more weaponry and is used to a wider array of foes, as far as I remember. Take this answer with a grain of salt, though.
Nice thoughts, and that's 1 nom for each of these match-ups. You still have 6 more, my friend. Allot them however you want!

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I'll have a full writeup for Jason v Pyramid Head hopefully but for the moment I'm gonna nominate:

Maleficent vs Jafar x5
Whitebeard vs Isaac Netero x5

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nice thoughts, and that's 1 nom for each of these match-ups. You still have 6 more, my friend. Allot them however you want!
I'll go 2 each for my previous matches and 1 for uhhh the Harlem Globetrotters [w/their cartoon abilities] VS the MonStarrz (Space Jam)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I'm back home, sadly I don't know too much about either BUT I did some research.
Pyramid Head respect thread
Jason Vorhees respect thread
It looks that there are lots of different Jasons, but I guess we are talking about the first one. In that case it looks that Jason has resurrection abilities, but P. Head is a sobrenatural being that can also call others like him. I think Pyramid Head would end being the winner.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I do wonder, though: would the influence of Jason's mother help him out here? As far as I know, Jason's always been driven by Pamela's voice.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
True, but it also looks that Pamela is always a blind point for Jason, with characters like Freddy Krueger fooling him with illusions of her. Has I said I don't know too much of Silent Hill but afaik technically the place is similar to Krueger in terms of create illusions right?, maybe he can be distracted with some sort of trickery using Pamela and being the opportunity of P. Head to make the kill.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I assume DB would composite both, within reason [Ex.: they'd keep out Jason X for Jason]. While the illusion/subconscious would be useful, and being in Silent Hill would definitely give Pyramid Head a home field advantage, it can also be noted that Jason did beat Freddy, near/in Elm Street no less.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I'm gonna leave this on for 2 more hours before we switch over to Donald Duck VS. Daffy Duck, so get some stray thoughts in if you have any!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So with what little we've gathered, it would seem as though the winner is Pyramid Head. Jason's drive to win was clear as crystal, but in the end, it fell silent.

Moving onto our next match-up, we have...

1658210588537.png

Donald Duck, Disney's foul-tempered fowl!

VS.

1658210627237.png

Daffy Duck, Warner Bros's kooky quacker!

Disney and Warner Bros can be considered pioneers in cartoons, with Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse being among the giants, but these two mallards are real close behind!

WHO WINS?! WHO DIES!?

--------------------------------------------------

NOM DISTRIBUTION:
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x15
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5
AlRex AlRex x10
Rychu Rychu x5

The Engineer Vs. Sandy Cheeks x5
Ilulu Vs. Passionlip x5
Blaze the Cat Vs. Starfire x5
Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron x5
Maleficent Vs. Jafar x5
Whitebeard Vs. Alex Netero x5
Artorias the Abysswalker x3

Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x2
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo x2
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x2
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant x2
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x2
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x1

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I have actually worked w/friends on a video on this subject a while back. To basically summarize a lot of the points:
-Donald is aggressive, Daffy is more passive-aggressive. Donald is more willing to get in there and fight, from my experience, while Daffy is more snide and often cowardly. There's more stuff where Donald is willing to participate in and strategize for fights (the comics, 3 Caballeros, Kingdom Hearts, Paperinik), whereas the most consistent thing Daffy has is Duck Dodgers, where he is still mostly motivated by material gain rather than fighting for himself a lot of the time. Let's not also forget, Donald is, in fact, a sailor, and he served in the army, too. Daffy did go up and slap Hitler, though, so that's commendable.
-Donald is immune to being erased, even if Daffy uses that kind of tactic, and can also jump out of the cartoon himself.
-Xadhoom, a villain from the PK comic series, is faster than anything Daffy has encountered or done, travelling several lightyears in seconds, and Donald, having fought that villain and kept up with them, would scale.
-Donald has been Universal in power level before, both via Kingdom Hearts and possibly via "the Duck of Doom" form from Quack Pack. The most consistent scaling, if you can even say all of this has consistency, in Looney Tunes has been Large Star level.
-Donald has more useful and varied abilities, including being a more consistent magic user, his superhero form and his cosmic super villain form, being a ninja so skilled he fights blindfolded, being a secret agent, and a whole lot of other stuff that could be listed out. Not that Daffy has none, but a lot of them usually serve to be a less competent, more slapstick-prone version of another character (Robin Hood Daffy, Duck Tracy, and of course, Duck Dodgers, for examples).

I don't want to make it all sound like I'm just badmouthing Daffy here, I like both characters quite a bit, but as much as me and my friends have been able to find, Donald Duck is the winner if we really go through it. That all said, the real winner would be whoever it'd be funniest to see win, which is even more subjective.

As for nominations, I will re-nominate
Captain Kirk VS Han Solo X2
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai & Rigby X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2
Staypuft Marshmallow Man VS the Jolly Green Giant X2
The Harlem Globetrotters VS the Monstars X2

Last edited:
Top Bottom