• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Tier List Makers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Knight_X1

Smash Cadet
Okay, so first off what I'mma say is pretty controversial.
There.

So, what's up with Roy being 50th on that 1.1.6 tier list? I mean, let's be real: Roy is the best swordsman in the game besides MAYBE Cloud. Let's see, uh... Kirby's ahead of him... KIRBY is ahead of Roy? And MAC? Villager, Marth, Greninja, kill me now, that is stupid.
Roy has, undeniably, significant buffs from Melee when he was a piece of crap. Actually, he's the best swordsman (at least better than Marth) so why is he 50th?
He has a great speed, he is pretty strong, and has good special attacks. Although his recovery is only decent, Flare Blade is very nice and can brake a shield or two and has very little ending lag. I particularly like characters with counters because counter-attacks can help you out majorly against characters like Captain Falcon ans such. Its side special is a good, affordable combo that can rack some damage up. Kirby has little tools to make a good character (not much defense, speed or attack), Greninja is only decent attackwise and Villager is just some 7 year-old wannabe with not too much speed, easy to launch, and is harder to land and set up attacks.
Roy is also fun to play. Troll people with his idiotic down taunt, land a Flare Blade fully charged and get your opponent salty, and such. Roy and Marth practically traded places since Melee as a character.
Roy should be 1st on that tier list.

Okay, so first off what I'mma say is pretty controversial.
There.

So, what's up with Roy being 50th on that 1.1.6 tier list? I mean, let's be real: Roy is the best swordsman in the game besides MAYBE Cloud. Let's see, uh... Kirby's ahead of him... KIRBY is ahead of Roy? And MAC? Villager, Marth, Greninja, kill me now, that is stupid.
Roy has, undeniably, significant buffs from Melee when he was a piece of crap. Actually, he's the near-best swordsman (at least better than Marth) so why is he 50th?
Please don't be mean and disrespect my opinion. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Smash Champion
I doubt the Backroom will hear (or care about) your pleas down here.

Also typically when you make claims you kind of need to back them up. Why do you think Roy is one of the best swordies in the game? Why should he be above Kirby or Mac or Greninja or Villager or Marth?

Dark_Knight_X1

Smash Cadet
I doubt the Backroom will hear (or care about) your pleas down here.

Also typically when you make claims you kind of need to back them up. Why do you think Roy is one of the best swordies in the game? Why should he be above Kirby or Mac or Greninja or Villager or Marth?
Worked on it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Howdy, while I personally feel Roy should be higher (and I was involved / voted in the list myself), he's got a critical weakness or two (in particular, recovery) and has weaker KO power than nearly all the other swordsmen on safe/fast moves (hence awkward KO set up percent or they just aren't available to him).

He will likely move up in the future, as he is starting to show use with good results at higher levels - the community's argument for a very long time was he has to be bottom tier because of his difficulty and lack of results, yes people are silly but that's how the world works.

He isn't really better than most other swordsmen though. If you believe otherwise you should attempt to prove as such at local or regional tournaments offline. Roy is actually pretty god damn good with any amount of delay / on wifi (he has it easier for recovery and less strenuous shield safety requirements, to name a few).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom