• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Nintendo, please patch before its too late: The cyclone hitlag glitch.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
14:38

If an opponent is hit by the cyclone, you can only input cyclone mashes on certain frames. This is what happens when this glitch occurs from a jumping cyclone, which requires less mashing, you are not using your non-jumping method of mashing, and this glitch occurs.

Last edited:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Definitely happened to me quite a few times before, costing me some matches. Especially when going in for edgeguarding. #nintendoplzpatch

DJSKRELP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NotApplicable
3DS FC
3024-8713-4194
I've had this happen. There is legit no reason for why Nintendo should keep it in.

Last edited:

dayo

Smash Rookie
isnt the mash like this at all times? you can mash b a total of five times to recover if you do it on those frames. the timing isnt that hard, but hitting someone makes it different bc of hitstun.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
The game doesn't accept inputs that are done during hitlag. It's not a glitch. To change it would require engine changes and would effectively remove option selects. The only other solution would be to give Tornado 0 hitlag. Don't keep your hopes up for a fix.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
I think we overreacted to this when we first saw it. We'll have to remember to adjust the mashing pattern.

Top Bottom