• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear MD/VA melee scene: Step it the **** up!

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
I want to tell every resident that they are officially *****es who suck.

That's right I mean you.

This is nuclear freaking crisis mode. The nuclear holocaust of all that is fail and suck. And that nuclear holocaust is us, the abysmal shell of what was the greatest competitive scene in Melee in our glory days.

Issue # 1: Camaraderie
Vist and I are awesome, we have the biggest ****s in the world and we're sexy. If we boned your girlfriend and got her pregnant and you could raise one of our gorgeous illegitimate children it'd be like upgrading from a toyota to a sexy *** mercedez with jessica alba giving you head. Have you seen cyrain?! The guys like a model on a romantic novel cover. We need to start being friends, who hang out and do awesome stuff. This has to become a community again, we have the people and dynamic, we just don't have the love.

We need to start hanging out with each other outside of smash. The south has a great strong community, and look how they've developed! Our number one issue right now should be going to CHILL in DC and richmond. Let's find things to do, lets have cook outs and shiz, bro it up. Laijin and I are going to get cars soon, and if we can get some financial support.

Issue 2 Positive Attitude: How many of our MD/VA own cheered for us at pound 5? No one. We all suck at supporting and developing prospects. I had to play Mattdotzeb to get out of my second round people and Chivalruse, my neighbor and friend, comes up and says "I don't know who's going to win this one!"

WHAT THE HELL MAN! I'M YOUR FRIEND! ENCOURAGE ME! how much support does PP get from the south! and I can't even get positive support from my own friend. This is shameful and stupid. We need to cheer for each other, get each other hyped. We need to support cyrain, our best player who's a few steps away from being tops, at nationals instead of acting like *****es. From now on, Md/VA over out of state blindly. This is myself included, we need to always say we **** and everyone else sucks, even if we know it's not true.

And I mean Travis and Winston and Wenbo and all you silent losers who don't cheer.

Myself included.

This game is fun, we need to have a good time, have a ball.

We need to develop redd into a ****** beast who pillaged booty holes and smokes a cigarette afterwards saying "And now you know douche." Everyone helps everyone else get BETTER now. No more putting people down, no more competitiveness internally, have fun, have at it, have sex with hot chicks! If you see talent, you welcome them and develop them.

We need to be positive, and stop bickering and stop worrying about money.

Issue 3 Legistic Support: We need to start worrying about money!

Laijin and I are getting cars soon, and if richmond comes up we should make things cheap for them because of gas prices. But why should Richmond come up when we suck at everything because we're *****es?! We need to activate awesome mode!

Issue 4 Big Wenz is too black: Eat a **** NiQQ@!

Issue 5 Activity: Lets play some smash, son. Plank is leaving ( i believe) we need more hollowed ground to play smash in, my house is in baltimore and is too far, but we need someone besides sypher who can help us. And we need to treat syphers like hollowed ground, throw him some money so it's not so hard to throw tournaments and clean up after ourselves. I don't know who can help, but we gotta figure out something.

I don't know if we can ever get the brawl players back, because they seem pretty sold on sticking to the easy game, but we can definitely have more fun than we are having now.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Is this in retaliation to the ongoing argument with currently 43 posts on your wall?

Edit: Now 50.

rhan

Smash Hero
I love this thread. Tope n Cy didn't let me n shaeman 2-1 them.. :(

We could have made it to team brackets then at P5. But we cheered for them.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I was playing friendlies constantly at Pound 5 in an attempt to be not terrible
~_~

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I want a Smash scene in the Rockville/North Potomac area. ;-;
Play Winston and me when school is on break you fool
I live in Germantown (Boyds really but no one knows where that is) and Winston lives near Quince Orchard High School ... which I'm pretty sure is like, fairly close to you

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm in the process of making PRs for MD/VA.

HYPEEEEEEEEE. Do you know what hype is, MD/VA? No one cheered for any of us at Pound. =(

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Lol, Redd, I have a REAL PR system ready to go. I just need more people willing to host tournaments with semi-large crowds on a decently regular basis.

Message me on AIM if you want a peek. samaster6 is my username.

CTL17

Smash Lord
tl;dr what happened?
Jusin hates Brawl.
Steve prefers Melee, but would play Brawl due to larger community
Seb and Wenz say that's preposterous.
Steve explains how Melee community is declining.
Seb and Wenz continue to bash Brawl.
Steve compares today to the days in 04/05
Wenz and I argue how 04/05 is an insurmountable high point
Steve proposes an improbable solution to bring Melee and Brawl players together
Seb says it's fact that Brawl sucks, arguing against subjectivity.
Justin just likes to bash Brawl.

Half of this argument is actually worthless since Melee players fail to understand why Brawl players play Brawl and how Brawl players fail to understand why Melee players hate Brawl.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
What did Pound show that was different from expectation? You, Chillin, Chu, Cyrain, and Tope made bracket; we already knew you guys were good though.

The rest of us? We didn't do that well.

A lot of you did do well. What I mean is that I was watching MD/VA play and from various pools results I took it that maybe I should start PRs.

Plus last time I tried to do this I got *****ed out SOOOOO hard cause everyone was like "omg no we suck there's no point"

Winston you're so depressing lately LOL.

Max: Uhhhhhh. Okay. Except you're not on aim?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I always feel weird being loud when there's no rest of crowd watching ._. I guess I'll remedy that at some point haha
Mostly thinking about you and Chu vs Peepee LoZR
Actually I think I just suck at cheering
I'll do it next time XO

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well silent cheering sucks
I will be Yayuhz next time I need to
Too bad I have nothing interesting to yell
O well

Vist

Smash Champion
Vist and I are awesome, we have the biggest ****s in the world and we're sexy. If we boned your girlfriend and got her pregnant and you could raise one of our gorgeous illegitimate children it'd be like upgrading from a toyota to a sexy *** mercedez with jessica alba giving you head.
I lol'd

btw I'm horrible at cheering people on. I just sit / stand there and say nothing. At best, I might give out the occasional "ooooh nice". If I spoke my mind I would just say things like 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY ****ING GAWD AT THAT COMBO!!! I JUST **** MYSELF, BROSEPH. IMA NEED SOME DIAPERS FOR THIS ****. HOLY ****ING GOD ALMIGHTY. FROM WAY UP ABOVE. THROUGH THE CLOUDS. PUT DOWN YOUR ****ING CONTROLLER <Insert name here>, LETS GO GET SOME PAMPERS.'

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm sorry that NOVA and Md scenes are falling apart, but the richmond smash scene is growing quite nicely. I'm about to be able to host tournaments here regularly at a nice venue. The only venue fee is a fund so that people will be compensated for bringing tvs and so that I can buy some more tvs for the venue. Also, whenever I found a Richmond player I cheered for them and people cheered for me and told me I could beat people and gave me advice. We're not under the same decay as the rest of va. IDK about SOVA or Western VA

Why should Richmond go up north. We're closer to the rest of SOVA and North Carolina. We're in the middle of ****ing everybody.

Also md would get ***** in a md/va crew battle. Just sayin'

Also Va Prs

Not sure if wife counts as va yet so not including in list. In no order
Chu
tope
cyrain
g-reg
savedge
Doll
Redd
Boss
Chillin
Chinesahh (how do you spell his name lol)
Azen? - does he still play seriously

(I like how 4 of those are Richmond)

If Md were added then Vist, Wife, and Husband could be added. Does Md have any more good people? Isn't thumbs good? idk.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just know that he beat Lucky awhile ago, so he must be good now, but I don't keep up with who's good and bad so IDK. Winston you're pretty good too. Is there really nobody else in md?

Oh yea and Laijin is in Md too right? But eh quits out of pools to win amateur bracket and doesn't afraid of anything so idk. Voodoo is good too. Md isn't bad, you'd just lose to va that's all.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
seriously? Wow. That really sucks for him. I was wondering why he didn't make it out of r1. I expected him to make it to r3.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
whoever said that mdva is "falling apart" or "dead" is just being ignorant. we have a lot of players, just not a lot of TOs. this region could be an incredible learning enviroment for smashers of all skill levels if we had consistent, well-organized tournaments. the PR system being set up might help competition as well.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
whoever said that mdva is "falling apart" or "dead" is just being ignorant. we have a lot of players, just not a lot of TOs. this region could be an incredible learning enviroment for smashers of all skill levels if we had consistent, well-organized tournaments. the PR system being set up might help competition as well.

Pretty much what he said. Also, since I'm back in NoVA until Fall, I'm going to look into hosting monthlies. Just have to send some emails and hopefully we'll be on our way. <3

Bones0

Smash Legend
I agree with the message, but it's pretty ironic Justin posted it considering he was the only person to refuse to play me in friendlies at Pound... >_>

Anyway, I'll try to do my part by hosting as often as possible. I'm definitely no Plank, but it's better than nothing.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wall of inspiration pushed by Omni
You're welcome.

Most of us thought we've been too terrible a region to warrant PRs. Omni showed me otherwise.
Fixed.

I simply went on Voodoo's wall and told him that the MD/VA melee scene need to step up their ****. Stuff like there's no drama, hype, PR's, posting on SWF, etc.

All hail King Omni.

My Fox and Sheik will still own all of you. Get some.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
You're welcome.

Fixed.

I simply went on Voodoo's wall and told him that the MD/VA melee scene need to step up their ****. Stuff like there's no drama, hype, PR's, posting on SWF, etc.

All hail King Omni.

My Fox and Sheik will still own all of you. Get some.

I was already in the process of PRs at that point, but all the arguing for brawl made me wanna do something LOL.

Good luck with that whole owning everyone thing. =D

Top Bottom