• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Brawler Mains,

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
It seems like after the EVO experiment, customs might be on the way to being banned. While I personally think it's a smart move, this also means that most TOs are going to either Ban Mii fighters, or limit them to a 1111, or 1111/2222/3333 moveset(s). I hate that. The mii fighters were not created with a specific moveset in mind, and if that moveset did exist, it would DEFINITELY not correspond with the numbers above.

My Question is simple: If you could only have one moveset for Mii Brawler, what would it be?
(assuming we use the standard brawler mii)

By making a Standard moveset for each Mii Fighter, TOs can have just one mii fighter of each type on on all consoles, that was determined to be best suited for that character, that can act as a standard character without variation in moveset, size, etc.

Well? What do you say?

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
1122small probably.
That or 1132small.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
2222 for me. Banning customs after such a short time seems a bit short sighted to me. The game's still under a year old and new things are continually being added, so I feel like there should be more experimentation in mind.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
It seems like after the EVO experiment, customs might be on the way to being banned. While I personally think it's a smart move, this also means that most TOs are going to either Ban Mii fighters, or limit them to a 1111, or 1111/2222/3333 moveset(s). I hate that. The mii fighters were not created with a specific moveset in mind, and if that moveset did exist, it would DEFINITELY not correspond with the numbers above.

My Question is simple: If you could only have one moveset for Mii Brawler, what would it be?
(assuming we use the standard brawler mii)

By making a Standard moveset for each Mii Fighter, TOs can have just one mii fighter of each type on on all consoles, that was determined to be best suited for that character, that can act as a standard character without variation in moveset, size, etc.

Well? What do you say?
I don't think so. I've already started a meta discussion over in the competitive thread to get Mii legal without the custom button being on.
http://smashboards.com/threads/not-doing-anything-about-mii.411258
Also I'd like to point out that not all Miis can use all 1s, 2s, and 3s. Just because it works with brawler doesn't mean it works with the rest of the Mii fighter cast.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'd rather ban the character entirely than try to limit the character to some pizza topping dilemma nobody will be happy with.
We are talking about competitions, yes?
Competitive "playing to win" principles necessary require competitors to exploit the game to its fullest potential.
It is anti-competitive to enforce bans/limits on competitors unless explicitly warranted.

Although I am against a ban on the character, at least that could be understandable to use a generally used ruleset (a For Glory ruleset), but a TO would be (excuse the curt description here) stupid to do so - banning characters would essentially be asking the players of those characters to not attend the tournament, and that isn't something a smart TO would be doing, generally speaking.

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
The fact that they're trying to ban customs is plain stupid. The game has been out for under a year, you dinguses!

(Also, we don't want to see the same old specials.)

But, if I were forced to make a fixed moveset, then 1122small would be the best.

gee, and this is why I hate the smash fandom.

GanonDuck

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ganonduck
I've never understood the problem with miis. There i tons of theory behind why they should be banned, but in reality the characters arnt that amazing compared to some of the top tier characters that dominate the game. Creating a new mii takes less time then creating a new tag+changing up the controllers. The only problem i guess is size differences because actually going into the mii maker takes times. So i wouldnt have too much of a problem having only default miis "allowed". But limiting their moveset is an arbitrary nerf on the character, the miis can allready be used on custom off with every single special they want and equpitment even gets turned off. Why is this such a big deal in the first place? Its not like the miis different special moves are that hard to understand in the first place, its pretty basic stuff.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
auramanji, the 1111, etc. limit is exactly what I'm trying to avoid here. This isn't a thread debating whether miis should be legal or in what way they would be legal, but instead a way to get legal mii fighters to any extent in tournaments run by conservative, anticustom TOs. In these people's eyes, miis are just as bad as customs, and some might even consider them worse. What I'm proposing here is a compromise, one i believe many mii mains would be willing to make to play their favorite character in a tournament that would otherwise not allow it.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I personally think to fall in suit with how people feel about customs, 1111/2222/3333 average should suffice. 1111 is just a joke. Of course like most people I'd prefer 1122small.
I think the discussion for keeping miis legal is healthy, until we get to the Palutena cop-out. Yes, she comes unlocked with customs. HOWEVER, she can't use them with customs off, unlike the Miis. It can be almost argued that if customs are switched off, and you can use any moves on the Miis, they don't count as customs.
I doubt this will ever get resolved, most people don't care enough about Miis, look at our popularity here on this board, and the conversation will just fizzle out and Miis will go the way of the dodo.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
I think that if atleast the mii mains here on smashboards can agree on a standard, "customs off" moveset, then that's the most official thing that anyone wanting to play a mii in a tournament can point towards to further their case. as soon as I start seeing results, I'm going to bring the topic to my local TO, and put some links to these posts on my state's FB page.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I think that if atleast the mii mains here on smashboards can agree on a standard, "customs off" moveset, then that's the most official thing that anyone wanting to play a mii in a tournament can point towards to further their case. as soon as I start seeing results, I'm going to bring the topic to my local TO, and put some links to these posts on my state's FB page.
This is where the biggest problem lies. All miis, though brawlers have the least of it, use a bunch of different moves, all viable in their own right. Gunner probably has the biggest issue (2 neutrals, 2 sides, 3 ups, 3 downs) of picking just one set. Brawler only picks between 2 neutrals, 2 sides and two ups and all use feint jump. still some issues come up for things like cannon uppercut vs. lunar launch, helicopter kick vs piston punch, or stone scabbard vs. hero spin.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I used 1122 forever and it works well in some match ups, but that 2122 just gives you that extra kill option with (?) super armor if you miss the golden kill percents and don't want to rely on a frame 17 f-smash.

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
2222 25/0 is my current preference, but as far as I know I'm the only person who likes that set.

Top Bottom