• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Pressure

TipZ_SSBM

Smash Rookie
So I was playing at a local yesterday and lost to a falco and a fox as marth. Throughout the sets both players would pressure my shield using a safe aerial-> shine-> wave shine. I was scared to try to shieldgrab it and was wondering how to deal with this sort of pressure. does washining on shield lose to shield grab? Do I need to wd oos through the spacie and turn around grab? Thanks for the help!

Crawfishnoob7

Smash Rookie
I think vs. safe aerial on shield, your best options are to wait in shield, or wd oos (either towards the opponent to be aggressive, or wd back to get out of the pressure altogether). I would also say that because the aerial is safe, then there's really not a lot to do against it, however, the opponent can't really get much out of it unless you flinch and jump into an f smash or another aerial. You can also pay attention to what they do after the safe aerial and try to play around that. as for the waveshining on shield, yes that will lose to shield grab if you time your grab after the shine lands on shield and they are wavedashing. iirc, wd is 10 frames of lag so you can def grab if they are near you

Top Bottom