• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with pressure?

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Apologies ahead of time if there is already something for this. Don't want to be a bother.

I was wondering if there is a specific way to deal with pressure? I know UpB out of shield is a thing but are there other options? Once I get my space to ftilt and use missiles I'm fine but I'm having trouble punishing over-agression. Thanks all.

- Disco

Last edited:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wavedashing oos can let you evade a follow-up. Mix up whether you go forward or backward, though, because it can be punished. Nair oos is also a thing, as is spot-dodge. Against some characters, you can also consider dropping shield and CCing a hit to get a trade.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
dash forward wave dash back to bait-> down smash then throw **** and dont let them come back onto stage essentially.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Screw Attack is pretty strong on its own. But really it's best feature is that your opponent has to respect it, which means you have the space to start playing your game. In that sense, it's one of Samus's most indispensable moves.

Last edited:

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Zair pretty much keeps things at reset on short hops and approaches from the ground, Other than that Jab crouch cancelling and Screw Attacks are your best bet. Wave Dashing out of shield away from your opponent to a Forward Tilt does wonders too.

Hope this helps

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
As others have already mentioned, besides UpB OoS, you have WD and nair OoS, drop shield > CC, and zair. Don't forget that Samus has a decent roll now (does anyone know how well it compares to the really good rolls?), and you also have bomb OoS. Bomb OoS can be good for reversing the pressure as well as flipping the tables on those icky situations where your opponent does safe pressure > shield in an attempt to bait out your upB or nair OoS. Another nice thing about bomb is that, unlike nair and upB, if you whiff, you can just drift back behind the bomb and be mostly fine.

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I'm still working on Samus and learning her but this should help quite a bit. I'm for sure putting that downB OOS trick to play.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
As others have already mentioned, besides UpB OoS, you have WD and nair OoS, drop shield > CC, and zair. Don't forget thatSamus has a decent roll now (does anyone know how well it compares to the really good rolls?), and you also have bomb OoS. Bomb OoS can be good for reversing the pressure as well as flipping the tables on those icky situations where your opponent does safe pressure > shield in an attempt to bait out your upB or nair OoS. Another nice thing about bomb is that, unlike nair and upB, if you whiff, you can just drift back behind the bomb and be mostly fine.
in my opinion it is upper mid tier due to Samus's sheer mechanics . Bombs as you mentioned, Zair, Up B, and Missles all become options if placed right. i love the the roll and truthfully have gotten the most success with it other than Ike out of all the chars i use.

Cornchulio

Smash Rookie
Apologies ahead of time if there is already something for this. Don't want to be a bother.

I was wondering if there is a specific way to deal with pressure? I know UpB out of shield is a thing but are there other options? Once I get my space to ftilt and use missiles I'm fine but I'm having trouble punishing over-agression. Thanks all.

- Disco
just jab them away dude lol

Top Bottom