• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Marth

SatsumaFS

Smash Rookie
Marth really shuts down Bayo's options really hard with his aerials and jab, and I find Bullet Climax to basically do nothing to him, since the height he plays at is either above or below the bullets. It forces him to approach, sure, but once he does approach there doesn't seem to be much I can do other than try to get a Witch Time or just stay in shield forever. Any tips?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Marth really shuts down Bayo's options really hard with his aerials and jab, and I find Bullet Climax to basically do nothing to him, since the height he plays at is either above or below the bullets. It forces him to approach, sure, but once he does approach there doesn't seem to be much I can do other than try to get a Witch Time or just stay in shield forever. Any tips?
Sorry for not seeing this sooner, but Marth's offensive game shouldn't be super scary, it's his defense that's impeccable, which is why camping and maintaining a lead is important. If he's the one approaching, make him commit first and try and do the whole punishing thing. I won't say it's easy, but it's far from hard should you practice it, and him being forced into disadvantage just by existing denies him the ability to play optimally. Sorry I can't be more specific, but letting him commit first and shooting him till he does so are the primary things. If you use dtilt BA for example, he'll have to jump or get really close to stop you. If he jumps, he'd better cover his landing well or we can heel slide it. If he prepares for that, then you prepare for that, etc. etc. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom