• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with DK (offline play, not online)

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
When you're playing against a mediocre DK, it shows. He's combo food. When it's a good DK? YOU'RE combo food. Yoshi's jump armor is great for escaping people that can't stuff out your d-air very easily, but for someone like DK, who's upward options are freaking huge, how the hell do you get down when he's got you in the air? I imagine a lot of it is just blocking the roll or whiffed grabs and punishing, but this one aspect of the match-up is very painful.

How does one deal with DK (and any others) that can easily juggle Yoshi by virtue of strong upward hit boxes?

Sparrowfare

Smash Rookie
I struggle with DK a lot as well and from what I can tell I have the best results when I shift my play to a more defensive focus. A lot of DK players seem to have to play quite aggressive and you can force approaches with egg throw, so I think your best bet is to try and zone them out and punish. DK hits you so hard if you go aggressive on him and make a mistake.

Top Bottom