• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

De-vine Doubters (I Was Wrong Thread)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Fine. I was wrong to doubt the inclusion of a character that nobody asked for. Who else was?

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Honestly the central hub page is essentially a I was wrong page which makes this entire character all the more hilarious.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I think this is the first time where we actually need an "I was RIGHT" thread instead.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I never doubted him. I did not even think about his inclusion before it was confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No one doubted him because no one thought of him

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
You weren't wrong to think Piranha Plant was very to extremely unlikely.

You were slightly wrong to think it was impossible.

Sometimes the highly unlikely happens, and it wasn't bad reasoning to think it was very unlikely.

A more interesting question would be who thought a mook, any mook, particularly one that has never been previously playable, would be playable.

That's one where I was wrong. I didn't think a Goomba or a Shy Guy or a Koopa Troopa or a Piranha Plant or a Dry Bones or a Space Pirate or a Moblin or a Lizalfos or a Deku Scrub or a Kremling or an Octarian, etc. would be playable.

But apparently the chances that at least one mook would make it were (evidently) higher than I thought. But even so, there are still dozens to choose from, so there wasn't much reason to think Piranha Plant would be the one... And given how they're generally non-mobile, there were good reasons to think it wouldn't.

D

Deleted member

How can someone be wrong about what they never even thought about? :V

Top Bottom