• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is anyone else here into the NBA? Even though I live over here in Aus I watch every game I can. The nuggets are my fave team, but since there out I'm going for the magic ;)
Wait till Co18 sees this. I'm sure will get a couple of good pages on the NBA.

Where are her cuts? Where are her assisted inflated breasts by pectoralis muscles? Huh? Huh? HUH?
Strong as in mentally. The self independent type. The kind who can go through hell and back and come out with their sanity.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vn5jyx.png

Tero.

Smash Champion
I don't really watch NBA because they never show it in german TV lol. I do like basketball tho ...

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I play basketball
sadly i don't watch it as much as i should
and my friends that play *all of them* never fail to make that apparent
My favorite team are the Trailblazers *my home team*
favorite players are Brandon Roy and Dwane Wade
;B
and SOLOOOOOOOOOO
but not really <____<

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah, I have a few german friends who moved down here. There both really good at soccer, although one is good at basketball too :)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have a few german friends who moved down here. There both really good at soccer, although one is good at basketball too :)
Yeah the main sport in germany is definitly soccer.
I used too play it too since I was in first grade but I had to stop because my meniscus ripped lulz.

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh, thats a shame :( So now you can't play soccer anymore? That sucks :(

Also the wiki link didn't work ;) But I googled it anyway.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Oh, thats a shame :( So now you can't play soccer anymore? That sucks :(

Also the wiki link didn't work ;) But I googled it anyway.
I could but if it happens again It would be pretty bad ...

The link didn't work because the last ) wasn't included :p

Tero.

Smash Champion
Someone change the topic title to "Everyone loves Gates' trolling"

:p

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
In case any of my fellow Dedede's notice or care, you won't see much of me for the next two weeks. Finals, worth half our final grade at my school! XP So just don't think I died or something! Your Knight buddy will be back after school comes to a close. For now, it's crunch time.
(apologies for wasting anyone's time with this announcement ;-))

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
You don't half to tell me twice! It's horrendous! XD
However, if you DO study it can be a major boost, so today is like my last day of freedom (carnage begins next Friday). Must channel Dedede's awesomeness FTW!

l1striker1l

Smash Cadet
The Lakers are going to win. They have more talent, they have home court advantage and and Phil Jackson is like 43-0 when his team wins game one.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I graduated today.
On one hand, I got 25 dollars and pokemon Platinum and never have to put up with high school again.
But now Diamery is mad at me for not walking at Graduation because she feels I wasn't there for her on her special day, but I was with my family :( Oh well, it will pass.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Diamery is my girlfriend. White people call her Dee because they can't roll their Rs.

I am positive it will turn out alright, but I'm still scared :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Can I seriously get some comfort guys, I love this woman, and don't know what I would be doing without her. She won't let me get in contact with her for a couple of days, probably needs some space to cool off.

Can I get a bit of DDD love and comfort :crying:

Jupz

Smash Master
Wow I feel for you Crashic. I know you didn't mean to harm her, and it sucks that shes not talking to you :(

When she starts talking to you again just explain it all and she will hopefully understand. I'm so sorry :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, she'll understand that you had to be with your family.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
Okay now you just need to chill out pretty boy. ;)
Albino's wrong since he didn't give a real reason why.

I graduated today.

But now Diamery is mad at me for not walking at Graduation because she feels I wasn't there for her on her special day,
So... if you didn't so called "walk", you didn't get a diploma or sometin? That means you didn't graduate from that school... eh?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ah. Well. . .

Thoughts on the Information Autoban

My alarm goes off, and NPR turn on my clock radio. I wake, taking in the daily news as I get dressed and bath. From there, I drive to either work or school, continuing to listen to the news as I do so. For the next 8 hours I am kept busy, either on math or cash register work. Throughout the day, I receive various text messages from my friends on my cell phone, as well Twitter, Myspace, and Facebook updates. I drive home, again listening to NPR. When I get home, I go to my room, turn CNN on, go on the computer and go to Last.fm, web forums, social networking sites, blogs, and check my email. As I eat dinner, I talk with the family as the news continues to play in the background. I then work on my music, finish homework, call my girlfriend, research and practice Smash Brothers and Guilty Gear, and finally I clean up the house before finally heading to bed. As I awake the next day, I expect the same to continue.

In an age full of constant information, philosophical questions are in most cases getting left behind in the information race. While the individual has increased their knowledge of world events more than any time in history, far less time is spent on inner reflections on the day to day life. Man has no reason to be bored when he can access any information within a matter of moments, and respond to that information just as quickly. However, boredom was the source of what we have come to call humanity. Man only has time to reflect, ponder, create, and do all the other things that separate us from the rest of the animal kingdom when all other needs are satisfied. In Lord of the Flies by William Golding, the main character only cries for the death of two innocent boys when he sees that his future is secure. Modern day man, in most cases, has little need to fear weather or not he will live through the next day compared to our stone age brethren, so our curiosity runs wild, we invent computers, machines to do physical labor, new ways to create music, and innovation after innovation the the arts and sciences. Man now spends his time searching for information to curve his curiosity, but can the individual break down all of the information being presented to him at the rate it is being delivered?

In a stand up, George Carlin complained that the news made him feel to apathetic towards death. Perhaps the problem isn't the news stations themselves, reporting on to many murder stories as he had implied, but rather that people don't take the necessary time to contemplate the news that they are hearing. Without taking the time to consider the people's lives and tragedy, a death report becomes nothing more than collection of statistics.

Today, a plain crash killed 2,823. A business complex, built in 1970, was taken down in the crash, 430 business were located within the complex.

That is a cut and dry description of the plain crash in 9-11. What 9-11 gave us, was a slow down on the news media, allowing the public to actually consider what had just happened. From this, came empathy and fear.

I am not suggesting that we cut down on any of these technologies, nor any advancements and innovations. Instead, I propose that people must allow themselves to be bored, to give themselves time to think and consider all the information presented. The Native American Code of Ethics, the basis for my outlook on life, says, "Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak." To me, this means, "As you wake, think about the day. Contemplate it often, contemplate it alone. God (in poetic sense) will listen, but only if you speak." Take time out of your day, separate yourself from the informational stream. Turn off your TVs, your cellphones, and any other connections you have to the outside world. The personal decisions and discoveries made in those few moments will be more worth wild than anything you will obtain off of information alone.

Top Bottom