• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Dont worry I love you all.

No homo of course

Also beef, Gates isn't serious most of the time he probably was trolling.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I finally thought of a comeback to the old "All of Dededes bad matchups are characters he can't CG" thing:

Dedede can chaingrab Ice Climbers and that's his worst matchup.

Technically this is true since Dedede can cg a single climber.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Guys, I finally thought of a comeback to the old "All of Dededes bad matchups are characters he can't CG" thing:

Dedede can chaingrab Ice Climbers and that's his worst matchup.

Technically this is true since Dedede can cg a single climber.
LOL that black box down there says something if you attempt to quote that post...you're cool Gates =D.

Also beef, Gates isn't serious most of the time he probably was trolling.
Wait, yeah he trolled my down smash encouragement thread I think... or what I don't know what you mean dude.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Fun-fact, I changed PikaPika!'s controller settings to what Gates just pointed out on someone's Wii once in order to play a game pretending to play like him and doing nothing but neutral B with pikachu. At a later date at a tournament, he used the tag and hilarity ensued. PikaPika! is cute with his Pikachu button. lolz

CO18

Smash Hero
I'm such a dumb Human being. I tried to go like way off stage to get a bair when seibrik was at high% last match and I was at 0 and sded. rawwrrrrrr

Blade1844

Smash Apprentice
The ZSS boards are discussing the matchup with DeDeDe. Feel free to come and comment!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm picking up Guitly Gear Ancient Core Plus And bunch of numbers and letters. Looking at the roster, the closest to my play style seems to be this chick.

Anyone else play this game?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It looks unfamiliar to me :).
Is that game an import or has it been out for a long time?
It revolutionized fighting games way back.
Before it, they were all just clones of one another with various themes.
Guilty Gear is one spicy game.
I've never owned a PS2, so never had the chance to pick it up, but now I got a Wii and the cash, so I'm picking it up tomorrow morning.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The ZSS boards are discussing the matchup with DeDeDe. Feel free to come and comment!
Didn't they just discuss us like a month ago? Maybe that was someone else.

Crashic, let me know how GGAC+ is.

Also, I mained Peach in Melee in case you were wondering.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't play it competitively because I'm terrible (seriously, me in Melee makes me in Brawl look like a pro by comparison), but yeah I play it.

Peach all day. So sexy. :colorful:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I did play Sheik for a while but I stopped because I couldn't overcome the techskill barrier to become really good with her. Playing Peach for years does that to you lol.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It revolutionized fighting games way back.
Before it, they were all just clones of one another with various themes.
Guilty Gear is one spicy game.
I've never owned a PS2, so never had the chance to pick it up, but now I got a Wii and the cash, so I'm picking it up tomorrow morning.
Oh it must be awfully old then. I'm surprised you think it's fun or anything since all of the characters are clones. It's on the PS2? A remake? :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh it must be awfully old then. I'm surprised you think it's fun or anything since all of the characters are clones. It's on the PS2? A remake? :)
Noooo. You misunderstood.
Before Guilty Gear, everyone was just ripping off Street Fighter.
Guilty Gear was the first major break away.
It was in the arcade.
The series has maintained, as has the community http://www.dustloop.com/
Also, yes, the original version of Guilty Gear: Ancient Core was released on the PS2, but as with competitive fighting games, they get constant updates.
Its a really deep game, where every character has a instant death move. So if you don't know the game, and you show up to a tournament, you can get owned pretty quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38N67X68oxw

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don't know.

Also, after countless rentals, I'm finally buying Endless Ocean as well. I could play this game forever. Add in your music, pick your favorite diving location, pull up your favorite drink, relax for hours. Generally, I play to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJl-yvWxJx4&feature=related

and sometimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNk2RmCgtEQ

E3 TIME- XBOX UP TO DEATH BOX FIRST:
About the motion sensor.

If you remember, when they show Wii commercials, they would doge behind couches, though that couldn't really happen in the game. Honestly, this does nothing but make room for a bunch of silly minigames. The issue is the limited space in your living room. You don't have an expansive world to move around in. I'd like you to try to imagine this with Halo. Unless its a rail shooter, it simply wouldn't work.

Simply put, this would take major updates to be anything worth putting in a full fledged game, though I bet it be **** for Golf.

At the end of the day, this is the gaming equivalent of Wii Fit board + Wii motion plus without buttons + webcam. Its simply unusable.

All the Xbox conferance did was prove to me why I don't own an Xbox. I do not enjoy playing the same tired genras like FPS that haven't seen a real innovation since Half Life 1. And for the record, setting a game in modern time, that's not an innovation, nor is given an assassin the ability to swim. Putting Beatles in a Rock Band rip off and having Yoko Ono say, Its what John would have wanted is not an innovation. A Contra rip off with poor aiming controls is not an innovation. Alan Wake is the only non-flop I saw during that entire press conference.

Little Big Planet and Endless Ocean trump everything on the 360.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Noooo. You misunderstood.
Before Guilty Gear, everyone was just ripping off Street Fighter.
Guilty Gear was the first major break away.
It was in the arcade.
The series has maintained, as has the community http://www.dustloop.com/
Also, yes, the original version of Guilty Gear: Ancient Core was released on the PS2, but as with competitive fighting games, they get constant updates.
Its a really deep game, where every character has a instant death move. So if you don't know the game, and you show up to a tournament, you can get owned pretty quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38N67X68oxw
Oh! Alright I gotcha. I'm surprised this time by the community of the game, but hey, a fighting game is a fighting game meh. PS2 still has a good online service eh?
It's just like SSB..."if you don't know the game, and you show up at a tournament, you can get owned pretty quickly".

Gates

Banned via Warnings
PS2 still has a good online service eh?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No, not really.

But not 1 hit killed hahaha.
GANON'S UPTILT
That's what happens when you dare to bring light into his lair.

Also, after countless rentals, I'm finally buying Endless Ocean as well. I could play this game forever. Add in your music, pick your favorite diving location, pull up your favorite drink, relax for hours.
I've been thinking about doing the same thing with fl0wer. I saw a review of it on Sadie's Gaming Infection and the game seems incredibly relaxing and peaceful. It's also a really cool system of rewards. For those who don't know, the game is basically starting off as a petal in the wind and going around lifeless plains and making them bloom with flowers. It's kind of like Okami, only not even remotely close.

Only problem is I only have $15 on my PSN account and it's going directly to MvC2 lol.

E3 TIME- XBOX UP TO DEATH BOX FIRST:
About the motion sensor.

If you remember, when they show Wii commercials, they would doge behind couches, though that couldn't really happen in the game. Honestly, this does nothing but make room for a bunch of silly minigames. The issue is the limited space in your living room. You don't have an expansive world to move around in. I'd like you to try to imagine this with Halo. Unless its a rail shooter, it simply wouldn't work.

Simply put, this would take major updates to be anything worth putting in a full fledged game, though I bet it be **** for Golf.

At the end of the day, this is the gaming equivalent of Wii Fit board + Wii motion plus without buttons + webcam. Its simply unusable.

All the Xbox conferance did was prove to me why I don't own an Xbox. I do not enjoy playing the same tired genras like FPS that haven't seen a real innovation since Half Life 1. And for the record, setting a game in modern time, that's not an innovation, nor is given an assassin the ability to swim. Putting Beatles in a Rock Band rip off and having Yoko Ono say, Its what John would have wanted is not an innovation. A Contra rip off with poor aiming controls is not an innovation. Alan Wake is the only non-flop I saw during that entire press conference.

Little Big Planet and Endless Ocean trump everything on the 360.
I generally agree with all of this, though I do like some shooters (Bioshock...ok, pretty much just Bioshock, but it's not THAT bad of a genre) and the Xbox is getting Dead Rising 2 where you can dual wield chainsaws while wearing a moose head (I think, I kind of gleaned through it). Mass Effect 2 looks nice also, but idk if it's exclusive or not. A lot of the good stuff is from third parties though, which means it'll be multiplatform.

I posted this somewhere else and I'm going to copypasta it because it's 3 am.

The motion control is totally gonna fail (although I do think it's better than the Wii Remote) but it's awesome that they integrated Facebook and Twitter into Xbox Live as well as expanding upon the Netflix idea with streaming video of shows and stuff. MGS: Rising is also going to be awesome since Raiden is the main character and he's awesome now.

Also, did anyone think that game Peter Molyneux (sp?) showed off, with the woman interacting with that little child, was less innovative and mostly creepy? I really hope it was a tech demo because there's too many chances for people doing depraved things to him, especially given the amount of sexual predators on Xbox Live.

But yeah, E3 still has 2 more days (or is it 3?) and I'm fully expecting to be disappointed by Nintendo's press conference tomorrow. Not only do I not expect them to say anything interesting, I can't even think of what they would announce that would get me interested. We already know that the Zelda team was working on Spirit Tracks which means that the only real surprise will be what the Mario team has been working on, and it'll probably also be a DS game like New Super Mario Bros. 2. We already know that Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming out in the Fall, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is being ported to America, The Conduit is coming out this month, and No More Heroes 2 is coming next year (in fact, they have the new trailer up somewhere too)...what could they possibly announce? Aside from announcing a new console (which they won't, they're still trying to milk the Wii for everything it has), there is seriously almost nothing they can do to surprise me. I might get flak for this, but I don't care too much about Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or Metroid Prime, and I never really liked Kid Icarus that much either. The Mario RPG series is fun but the market is saturated and we already know there's another one coming. I guess if they finally make a Kirby game for the Wii it would be kinda cool, but I doubt I'd buy it (unless King Dedede is playable:colorful:).

I know the first thing Nintendo's going to talk about though: Their sales.
**** YEAH BAR GRAPHS

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
God I hate video gamers. Every E3 I get reminded how much they buy the same stupid ****.
OH MY GOD ITS GOD OF WAR III! IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME????? OH YEAH, WATCH HIM PULL THE HORNS OFF THE MINATAUR, I WANNA DO THAT!!!! I'M GETTING THIS GAME!!!

And if I hear one more person go, Yeah! Xbox got Twitter!
SOOO?????
PS3 and Wii had a browser that already worked on Twitter and face book.
No one is giving this any notice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqvIITrYdyo

GOD I HATE VIDEO GAMERS

Top Bottom