• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Chaingrabbing - Infinite list: Demonstrational video added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Simple list for those who want to know explaining what characters DDD can and cannot CG. Also, shows and explains which characters DDD can Infinite.

Orange: Capable of being Infinite grabbed.
Blue: Capable of being Chain grabbed and Infinite grabbed.
Green: Capable of being Chain grabbed.
Red: Cannot be Chain grabbed.

Everyone in the Orange, Blue, and Green list can be Infinite wall grabbed.

- Luigi cannot be chain grabbed normally due to him sliding so far, in order for him to be "chain grabbed" you must perform the Infinite or Infinite wall grab. That is why he is on both the orange and red list.

Chain grab: Throwing the opponent in a given direction to catch them before their character has time to react. In King Dedede's case this is with Dthrow. Grab your opponent Dthrow, and instantly chase him, some characters require you to Shield Cancel Grab (SCG) in order for another grab to connect.

Infinite wall grab: All characters that can be Chain grabbed, including Luigi can be Infinite grabbed when up against a wall.

Infinite grab: After your first Dthrow there are certain frames where you are allowed to re grab some characters without moving. This can go on as long as you do not mess up, simply Infinite until the person is high enough to die from a Bthrow. So far the only characters that can be Infinite grabbed are Luigi, Mario, Samus, Bowser, and Donkey Kong.

Note: When DDD Dthrows Samus, Luigi, or Mario the Infinite grab suffers from stale move-negation, in order to keep up the Infinite you must reset your stale moves with grab jabs. This really only becomes an Infinite at higher percents (50%+) or your opponent is capable of breaking your grab.

Note: When you are trying to "Infinite" Bowser you are forced to take a little step forward in order for the grab to connect. Technically this isn't an Infinite compared to the other characters but on certain levels you can easily get 75-150% easily, before you eventually run out of stage.
Vayseth was kind enough to make a demonstrational video for Infinite grabbing, he also has another in-depth guide for Chain grabbing.

Demonstrational video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A

In-depth guide:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=2932

- Video and allisbrawl guide credit goes to Vayseth, thanks. <3

Infinite only:
Luigi

Both CG and Infinite grab:
Mario
Samus
Bowser
DK

Chain grab only:
Lucas
Pit
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Ganondorf
Ness
Toon Link
Ivysaur
Ike
Captain Falcon
King Dedede
Snake
Marth
Peach
Wario
Sonic
Yoshi
R.O.B
Lucario
Wolf
Link
Charizard

Cannot be Chain grabbed:
Fox
Jiggly Puff
Pikachu
Olimar
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Sheik
Kirby
Squirtle
Meta Knight
Falco
Luigi
ZSS

Simple follow ups:
- After a Dthrow, Ftilt will connect vs almost every character.
- When your opponent is use to you Chain grabbing, Dthrow Fsmash/Dash attack will sometimes catch your opponent off guard giving you a low % kill.
- When playing a character that cannot be Chain grabbed, simply tech chase and regrab/tilt/smash attack/aerial.
- When Dthrowing off the edge you pretty much get a free Bair/Fair.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Why is Luigi on the orange and red list?
Because Luigi slides to far to be re grabbed when trying to use the normal Dthrow CG. But he can be both Infinite and Infinite wall grabbed.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
you're missing the "can be chained but escapable" category, and luigi is part of it in regards to the normal chain.

also, I find Bthrow and Fthrow to be very usefull, and the turn around Bthrow animation immidiatly after grabbing from a dashing shield is too cool, and you can follow up and jump waddle toss which can kill if you get a gordo.

aeota

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the list. Yeah, Luigi isn't the only person, either, right?

Aiko

Smash Champion
can i add this to the chaingrabbing guide? I think it would be better suited in there. Obviously i will give credit.

ive got it to work on samus and dk, not tested the other characters yet.

Gojira

Smash Lord
ummm

Chain grab only:
Lucas
Pit
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Ganondorf
Ness
Toon Link
Ivysaur
Ike
Captain Falcon
King Dedede
Snake
Marth
Peach
Wario
Sonic
Yoshi
R.O.B
Lucario
Wolf
Link
Charizard

i swear they can be infinitely against walls as well. These characters still stumble and can simply be regrabbed again...how can they not be infinited?

Unless this is chaingrabbing without the wall then disregard my post.

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
Also Toon link can get out of it. He can grab you before you grab him.. if i am not mistaken..

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Chain grab only:
Lucas
Pit
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Ganondorf
Ness
Toon Link
Ivysaur
Ike
Captain Falcon
King Dedede
Snake
Marth
Peach
Wario
Sonic
Yoshi
R.O.B
Lucario
Wolf
Link
Charizard

i swear they can be infinitely against walls as well. These characters still stumble and can simply be regrabbed again...how can they not be infinited?

Unless this is chaingrabbing without the wall then disregard my post.
Like I told you in the other thread, infinite means the new no-wall needed stand in place infinite, anyone that can be normally chain grabbed can be infinited with a wall.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Nice job. I sware I just came on to the forums to make right up a list. Beat me to it.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I'm kind of confused. I know the chaingrab, and the infinite wall grab, but the infinite seems really tough. so you have to grab them, Dthrow, then immediately after grab them again?

Vayseth

Smash Master
You guys have it a bit wrong.

The only TRUE infinites are done on DK and Bowser, since they have huge hit boxes and do not go back far enough.

Luigi, Samus, and Mario can only be chained together in the same fashion a total of 5 times before the move becomes stale and they move too far away. I tested this at even 100%. When D3's throw is unstale you get a total of 5 infinite throws, no matter what. After 5, they move JUST out of his reach, which makes them chain throwable (save luigi). The only TRUE infinites are done on bowser and DK. I've also had better success with the timing once I set X to throw. Much easier to hit.

Otherwise, sweet thread. I was about to post one myself, lol

Vayseth

Smash Master
Just to add on to what I said before:

Mario, Luigi, and Samus can be infinited. However, you must stop the move decay from the down throw by punching them while being grabbed with A in between throws (once or twice between throws will do the trick). The move decay list is only 9 moves deep so if you are punching once or twice between each throw, the down throw will never decay, and you can infinite those three. I just tested it, and it works. So, it's an infinite at higher percents, assuming people actually try to break out of the grabs. If your opponent does nothing, you can do it from 0% by punching between each throw. Otherwise, from 50% on, you're practically guaranteed an infinite on those three.

Mr.C

Smash Master
K cool cool, Ill add your post and video in this thread. =]

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Can someone please tell me how to properly shield cancel grab please. I try but whenever I miss DeDeDe does the rolling animation instead of just grabbing unless that's supposed to happen. Can someone help, I've been able to chaingrab with dash grab, but I want to be more effective, so I need some help.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Can someone please tell me how to properly shield cancel grab please. I try but whenever I miss DeDeDe does the rolling animation instead of just grabbing unless that's supposed to happen. Can someone help, I've been able to chaingrab with dash grab, but I want to be more effective, so I need some help.
Run, while you are in the running animation instantly shield and press A, your character should put up his shield and grab increasing its range by a little bit and reduce the lag from a normal running grab.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Run, while you are in the running animation instantly shield and press A, your character should put up his shield and grab increasing its range by a little bit and reduce the lag from a normal running grab.
Ok, I'll try it when I get home from school. My god I have 3 back to back test and then a project presentation

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
It's more like dash -> shield -> grab

I was under the impression that you press shield and a at the same time, but you need a little bit of spacing in between that. Go into training mode, and practice it while running, but not on the computer. practice that until you get it down pat.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah, i was messin around with this last night cause i was bored.

There are actually 2 variants to this chaingrab.

There's the regular one, which is you just DSG without moving (the one where the listed characters can be grabbed)

But there's another one, where you tap forward as DDD is hitting the character.

When you do the second variant, MORE characters be infinite chaingrabbed, specifically DDD himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom