• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Chaingrabbing - Infinite list: Demonstrational video added

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
dogy, do you mean press forward during the dthrow animation? like do you press forward as d3 jumps on the character?

olimar deserves to be chaingrab-able because he's so nasty to fight when you're ddd :/
this is awesome

Mr.C

Smash Master
Olimar's a ***** to DDD =[ then again Olimar is a ***** in general.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway to get out of the chain grab? More specifically, how can Snake get out of this chain grab?

Choppah

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to get out of the chain grab? More specifically, how can Snake get out of this chain grab?
I was just playing my friend today who mains Snake professionally. Snake can easily get out of D3's CG by mashing B and dropping a grenade when grabbed. If D3 down throws after this dropped grenade, he will sit on the grenade and be launched. A good counter (if you can spot the dropped grenade) is up throw, grab the grenade, and toss it up. Forward and back throws are also safe in this situation.

For those of you who wish to test this, don't go into training mode as D3 will take the damage, but will not be launched.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Is it possible for the other Ice Climber to break the chainthrow? I'm thinking that they could in Melee, but I'm not sure if that's still in. If they can, then it's probably worth mentioning.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Note: When you are trying to "Infinite" Bowser you are forced to take a little step forward in order for the grab to connect. Technically this isn't an Infinite compared to the other characters but on certain levels you can easily get 75-150% easily, before you eventually run out of stage.
Wouldn't it be possible to pivot grab against bowser, thus extending your grabbing range without moving forward at all?

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
I was just playing my friend today who mains Snake professionally. Snake can easily get out of D3's CG by mashing B and dropping a grenade when grabbed. If D3 down throws after this dropped grenade, he will sit on the grenade and be launched. A good counter (if you can spot the dropped grenade) is up throw, grab the grenade, and toss it up. Forward and back throws are also safe in this situation.

For those of you who wish to test this, don't go into training mode as D3 will take the damage, but will not be launched.
I don't have a Wii to actually try this, but does Snake using a grenade to break the chain grab work every time?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
My brother mains Wolf and sometimes he prevents being chaingrabbed by using his shine. Is this really a means of preventing the grab, or does that just mean I did it wrong? It seems to only work for him part of the time, so I thought it may depend on the damage.

think13

Smash Cadet
My observations on the chaingrab.

First: Chaingrab + Headbuts every grab = Awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mKB9gWcIs
(Not my video)

Next: Most characters not infiniteable (is that a word?) can get out of the chaingrab somehow. The great thing is that you can react based on what they do. For example, my friend was playing marth and got out of the chaingrab by rolling toward me. The next time he did it, he rolled right into a dsmash.

Some people get out of it by using jab (neutral-a). Fortunately, this leaves them right in range for a fsmash.

If they roll away, you can tech chase into another grab, throw a waddle dee, or dash attack.

And you always have dthrow-ftilt in a pinch.

The sheer number of options he has makes the mindgames killer and crucial to playing him.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
DDD should be added to infinite list. I saw a DDD get infinited by M2K's DDD. The video is down, but it really existed no lie!

Waddle

Smash Ace
DDD should be added to infinite list. I saw a DDD get infinited by M2K's DDD. The video is down, but it really existed no lie!
Look up 3 posts. Someone (me) already said that. That guy should post that video again, I wonder why he took it off.

Browny

Smash Hater
thought i might just mention, sonic can avoid chian grabbing by using his spring. it gives him invincibility frames, so you cant chain a d-throw to anything

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I'm wondering if Up-Bs are taken into account. Samus for instance can only be infinited. She can Up-B out of a normal ChainGrab. Same goes for Marth and several other characters. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the first post.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
Only the quicker up b's can be used to escape it. for example as you said marth is a great for escaping but people such as captain falcon, donkey kong, diddy kong, and zelda have allot of trouble due to horrible lag time. But you can also just use a ukemi roll to get out of the chain.

Mr.C

Smash Master
The "Infinite" on DDD is because he was barely hanging off the edge, I'm pretty sure that it works with other characters as well but I'm not sure.

SpeedKitsune

Smash Cadet
My brother mains Wolf and sometimes he prevents being chaingrabbed by using his shine. Is this really a means of preventing the grab, or does that just mean I did it wrong? It seems to only work for him part of the time, so I thought it may depend on the damage.
This man is right about wolf breaking away with the shine. Friend does it too me but he hasn't perfected it yet. (:

Met

Smash Ace
oops sorry i wasn't thinking you cant ICG dedede on the stage

and no sonic cant get out of it if the dedede is doing it right.
and no marth or samus or wolf cant get out of it if you do it right.
because if you do it right you will grab them before they are even in the standing animation to do a move. and that is why this Chaingrab works.

Doval

Smash Lord
The list of Infinite Grabable characters is definitely longer than this one - if you buffer a dash grab, the list grows to include Ganondorf, Ike, King Dedede, Snake, Wario, Yoshi, Wolf, and Charizard in addition to those that could already be infinited (except Luigi, a buffered dash grab won't work on him, it has to be a standing grab.)

By the way, be sure to let go of the analog stick and the Z button after you buffer the dash grab, or you'll cancel the buffer by walking or shielding.

EDIT: And no amount of shine will save Wolf from the buffered dash grab method.

Doval

Smash Lord
Bump. In retrospect, what I posted isn't really the infinite grab since you have to move. Either, nobody cares that there's a better way to chaingrab certain characters? How lame.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Bump. In retrospect, what I posted isn't really the infinite grab since you have to move. Either, nobody cares that there's a better way to chaingrab certain characters? How lame.
I honestly don't chain grab that much to be honest, although your information does help out a lot :) My Yoshi friend has been giving me trouble.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
pit, toon link, and marth can all escape the chain grab easily. idk who else can but just thought i should throw that out there

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
if you do it right pit and toon link cant escape. marth can always escape it by up bing but if he dosent you can keep grabbing him without him being able to do anything.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
I know Pit can be grabbed easily and not escape, not sure on Toon link or Marth though.

Met

Smash Ace
pit, toon link, and marth can all escape the chain grab easily. idk who else can but just thought i should throw that out there

NO THEY CAN'T ARGHH ****ing shield grab everytime it increases the range and they cant get away i say that every time and no one listens if you want proof i will ****ing do it to you.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Wait, I'm not getting something here. I know how to chain-grab... but how do you infinite? The same thing, but stand still? Because I tried that, and I could never regrab Mario... :/

Although I'm not sure if I was shieldgrabbing... :/

Met

Smash Ace
Wait, I'm not getting something here. I know how to chain-grab... but how do you infinite? The same thing, but stand still? Because I tried that, and I could never regrab Mario... :/

Although I'm not sure if I was shieldgrabbing... :/

ooh you just have to jab forward and grab as soon as the grab animation is done its kinda hard. i wasn't yelling at you i was yelling at all the people who keep sayin certian characters can get out of it just cause they don't do it right.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm wondering if Up-Bs are taken into account. Samus for instance can only be infinited. She can Up-B out of a normal ChainGrab. Same goes for Marth and several other characters. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the first post.
I'm pretty sure this is truth. My friend was able to jab me out of the Chain Grab with Samus. My timing was probably a couple of frames off, but I think she can escape the chain grab (not the infinite) with Up-B (I could have shielded the jab and grabbed obviously).

Met

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this is truth. My friend was able to jab me out of the Chain Grab with Samus. My timing was probably a couple of frames off, but I think she can escape the chain grab (not the infinite) with Up-B (I could have shielded the jab and grabbed obviously).
do you use Z to grab? or a better question do you do a running grab when you CG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom