• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i really liked to participate this thread,it became my favorite,i helped this thread submiting characters and rivals (but is obiviously i'm not the only one,other people as Tankman, Darkonedagger, Infinity Socrerer,1SecondNinja and others made a good job),the roster is a very good roster,even some characters i don't liked to join the roster (the characters are Starro, Lois Lane and Scott Pilgrim)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since we already have 4 extra characters for S3, we should split them off into their own season and add 2-4 more characters to make it complete. A S4, basically. That makes sense to me, imo
I think we are already in good numbers, but maybe the last 4 characters added should be placed in their own season.
In the first post, I treated them as bonus characters - I figured that in this hypothetical scenario, they'd be given out for free at the end of development as thanks for people supporting the game/project. (which probably isn't realistic of me - there's money to be made, after all - but the King of Fighters XV gave Omega Rugal to all players for free, so it's not unheard of)

I'll post some trading cards, though I'm just sticking to playable characters, stage cameos, and maybe a few others.

Dragon Ball trading cards:

• Son Goku
    • A pure-hearted warrior with a desire for greater and greater challenges, Goku has taken on armies, killer robots from the future, and gods of destruction in his quest to better himself. Being raised in the middle of nowhere with his adoptive grandpa, Goku isn't much for social graces, being very blunt and straightforward.
  • Vegeta
    • Goku's eternal rival, and the Prince of All Saiyans. While Goku seeks to better himself, Vegeta wants nothing more than to prove that he's stronger than Goku. Persistent to the point of stubbornness, Vegeta can take countless beatdowns and keep getting back up, causing his foes to realize that they aren't dealing with an average Saiyan warrior any more.
  • Bulma
    • A chance encounter between Goku and Bulma kicked off a generation-spanning saga. Bulma is a brilliant scientist, having invented the Dragon Radar, and is the heir apparent to the extremely lucrative Capsule Corporation. However, she can be shallow, gathering the Dragon Balls in order to wish that she can look slightly younger.
  • Master Roshi
    • Goku's wise but perverted old master. Roshi invented the Kamehameha, among other techniques, though these days, he's content to relax on his island, being well aware that Goku and company surpassed him long ago. He bears an uncanny resemblance to the former champion of the World Martial Arts Tournament, Jackie Chun...
  • Chi-Chi
    • When they were children, Chi-Chi asked Goku if he'd wanted to get married to her when they got older, and Goku, thinking that marriage was a food, agreed. While she's had to put up with Goku's antics, not to mention the bottomless stomachs of a Saiyan and two half-Saiyans, Chi-Chi is surprisingly well-adjusted to the craziness that can come from living with Goku.
  • Son Gohan
    • Goku's oldest son. He has immense potential when it comes to fighting, though he would prefer to study if given the choice. When his true potential is unlocked, or when those that he cares for are in mortal danger, he's virtually unstoppable.
  • Son Goten
    • Goku's youngest son. He's more like his father, though he can be spoiled. He's good friends with Trunks, and the two of them can fuse together to form the powerful warrior Gotenks. ...if they don't screw up the Fusion Dance, that is.
  • Trunks
    • Vegeta and Bulma's son. Trunks is bold, brash, and easily excitable, in contrast with his future self who came from a timeline that was nearly destroyed by androids. He can often be found causing mischief alongside Goten, or with the Pilaf Gang, who are free-loading off of the Capsule Corporation.
  • Videl
    • The daughter of Mr. Satan, and Gohan's wife. Videl is a proud martial artist in her own right, taking her training more seriously than her father, and upon learning about who Gohan was, Videl sought him out and asked for training so she could learn how to fly.
  • Pan
    • Gohan's beloved daughter. Even at the young age of three, she's much stronger than any normal human being, able to beat up would-be kidnappers that are ten times her size.
  • Piccolo
    • Once known as a would-be world conqueror, Piccolo changed his ways when teaching Gohan to fight, ultimately giving his life to save the boy. Since then, he is often the voice of reason among Goku's friends, along with a skilled tutor and a reluctant babysitter.
  • Mr. Satan
    • According to most of the public, Mr. Satan is the man who saved the Earth from Cell and Majin Buu. In reality, Mr. Satan is an above average martial artist who's exceptionally lucky. Still, Goku and his friends are happy to let him have the limelight, and he's happy to have someone to call upon if anyone who's actually powerful shows up.
  • Mr. Buu
    • Originally a being of pure destruction, Buu changed as he absorbed more and more life, eventually becoming fat and childish. Chance encounters with a blind boy, a puppy, and Mr. Satan showed him how important life was, causing him to change his ways. This would mean that he's a powerful ally, but he's unreliable, often falling asleep for months at a time.
  • Krillin
    • Goku's oldest rival, one of his closest friends, and his fellow pupil under the training of Master Roshi. Despite dying three times (he got better, thanks to the Dragon Balls), he was ironically one of the sole survivors of the Saiyan invasion out of the Z-Warriors.
  • Android 18
    • Along with her brother, Android 18 was a teenage runaway who was kidnapped and experimented on by Dr. Gero. The twins repaid this treatment by murdering him before roaming the countryside. Android 18 loves Krillin despite their wildly different personalities and appearances, as she's able to look past all of that to see the kindhearted soul within.
  • Yamcha
    • Originally a bandit who wanted to rob Goku and Bulma, Yamcha stuck with them to overcome his fear of women, and has been a mainstay among Goku's circle of friends. When he's not dragged into apocalyptic events, he's often found playing baseball.
  • Tien
    • A former student of the Crane School, Tien was the first in the series to demonstrate the power of flight. Many of his techniques, such as the Solar Flare and Multi-Form Technique, have been utilized by other Z-Warriors to great effect.
  • Frieza
    • Feared throughout the universe, Frieza is the ruler of a galactic empire and a planet broker. He has several forms that he changes into in order to keep his strength at a manageable level, and the form shown here isn't even his final form!
  • Zarbon
    • Frieza's right hand man, Zarbon is vain and prideful. He has a stronger form, but he refuses to change to it because it makes him look hideous.
  • Dodoria
    • One of Frieza's top lieutenants, Dodoria is cruel and merciless. A big brute, Dodoria met his end at the hands of Vegeta after divulging that Frieza was responsible for the destruction of Vegeta's homeworld and the near-extinction of the Saiyan race.
  • Captain Ginyu
    • The leader of the Ginyu Force. In addition to being its most powerful member (and its best poser), Captain Ginyu has an ace in the hole if he encounters an opponent stronger than he is - the ability to switch bodies with someone else. It's unclear if his current body is his original one.
  • Jeice
    • Captain Ginyu's second in command. While he lacks Burter's speed, Recoome's strength, or Guldo's special abilities, he's a well-rounded fighter, at least in theory.
  • Burter
    • A member of the Ginyu Force, Burter claims to be the fastest in the universe. These claims are quickly proven false when he encounters Goku, though he can still move faster than most people can perceive.
  • Recoome
    • The most human-like member of the Ginyu Force, Recoome seems virtually unstoppable. No matter how badly he's battered and beaten, he can shrug off seemingly anything. However, his constant posing (even by the standards of the Ginyu Force) leaves him wide open.
  • Guldo
    • While he's considerably weaker than the rest of the Ginyu Force, Guldo makes up for it with his unusual psychic powers. Able to stop time for as long as he can hold his breath or grab people with telekinesis, Guldo would normally be a formidable force. However, he's out of shape, meaning that he can't hold his breath for long.

One Piece trading cards:

• Monkey D. Luffy
    • The captain of the Straw Hat Pirates, though many wouldn't know it to look at him. When people hear about someone who defeated multiple Warlords of the Sea, broke into and out of multiple heavily-guarded government facilities, and toppled countless pirates and Marines, a meat-hungry idiot with no attention span is not what they'd picture. However, Luffy cherishes his friends and would do anything for them, even taking on the entire World Government.
  • Roronoa Zoro
    • Desiring nothing less than to become the World's Strongest Swordsman, Zoro left his hometown to challenge the current holder of the title and quickly got lost. Fighting using an unorthodox "Three Swords Style", with one sword in each hand and one in his mouth, Zoro is a force to be reckoned with.
  • Nami
    • After her mother was tragically murdered, Nami was forced to work for her mother's killers to survive. They quickly discovered her skill with mapmaking, and plotted to have her work for them indefinitely, stealing her money once she had nearly gotten enough to buy back her village. Luffy put a stop to that, and she is a navigator for his crew with near-supernatural accuracy when it comes to the weather.
  • Usopp
    • Usopp is a notorious liar, and an exceptionally skilled sharpshooter. Armed with a slingshot, he can hit targets that even rifles couldn't come close to. However, his cowardice can often get in his way.
  • Sanji
    • A top-rate chef and shameless ladies' man, Sanji uses his feet exclusively in battle, not wanting to damage his hands. After fleeing from his family, he encountered Red Leg Zeff, nearly starved to death on a desolate island, and served as a chef on Zeff's floating restaurant Baratie before joining the Straw Hats.
  • Tony Tony Chopper
    • A reindeer who ate the Human Human Fruit. Chopper learned how to become a doctor from one of the island's best, along with a quack who taught him little about proper medicine but a lot about what it means to be human. Chopper is extremely gullible, believing pretty much anything that he's told.
  • Nico Robin
    • Since the age of eight, Nico Robin has been betrayed by everyone that she has encountered. As she is one of the few living people who can read an ancient language, the World Government placed a massive bounty on her head. Her Devil Fruit allows her to bloom body parts on any location or person that she can see, often leading to her opponent's neck being snapped in combat situations.
  • Franky
    • A SUPER shipwright who can fix almost anything. After his mentor was framed for a crime that he didn't commit, and Franky was badly damaged while attempting to rescue him, Franky rebuilt himself as a cyborg, with his designs becoming more over the top with each iteration. It says something when his childhood friends saw a giant mecha that he had built and thought that Franky had turned himself into that.
  • Brook
    • Your skin may crawl if you witness a skeleton playing the violin. Brook's skin won't, though, because he doesn't have any! Yohohoho! Found drifting within the Florian Triangle, unable to leave, Brook was saved by Luffy and joined the Straw Hat Pirates as their musician.
  • Jinbei
    • A former guard for the royal family of Fishman Island, turned pirate, turned Warlord of the Sea, turned prisoner - Jinbei has been through a lot in his life. After being freed from prison by Luffy, and going through a long and winding road to repay his debts and save both his island and his former crew, Jinbei eventually joined the Straw Hat Pirates as their helmsman.
  • Vivi
    • The princess of Alabasta. With her country on the brink of civil war, Vivi discovered that Sir Crocodile, the Warlord of the Sea, was responsible and went undercover to stop him. The Straw Hat Pirates took her back to Alabasta and put an end to Crocodile's plans. While her duties keep her from sailing with them, she'll always be one of the crew.
  • Carrot
    • A young Mink who sought adventure, Carrot snuck on board the Thousand Sunny in order to leave her homeland and travel. The sights of the seas and other islands excited her, but they also brought tragedy as her mentor sacrificed his life to save her and the Straw Hats.
  • Yamato
    • Upon witnessing the dramatic death of Kozuki Oden, Yamato became so inspired that they decided to become Kozuki Oden, no matter how illogical this may be. While Yamato's behaviour can be strange, such as referring to the son of the late Kozuki Oden as their own son, Yamato's strength and desire to save Wano are the real deal.
  • Shanks
    • Luffy's idol, Shanks sacrificed his arm to show a seven-year-old Luffy the dangers of the sea and drive home the message that he needs to get older before becoming a pirate. Shanks is strong enough to rival the World's Strongest Swordsman, and he's also one of the Four Emperors, pirates with massive influence and territory.
  • Crocodile
    • A cunning mastermind, Crocodile was a Warlord of the Sea working for the government, and viewed as the hero of Alabasta, all while secretly running an organization known as Baroque Works with the intention of overthrowing Alabasta and taking on the World Government with an ancient super-weapon. He has a jaded attitude towards piracy.
  • Ace
    • Luffy's older brother and a devoted member of the Whitebeard Pirates. After one of his crewmates was killed, Ace refused to let the murderer get away with it, setting out to hunt him down and punish him no matter the cost. Ace ate the Flame Flame Fruit, allowing him to become living fire.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
In the first post, I treated them as bonus characters - I figured that in this hypothetical scenario, they'd be given out for free at the end of development as thanks for people supporting the game/project. (which probably isn't realistic of me - there's money to be made, after all - but the King of Fighters XV gave Omega Rugal to all players for free, so it's not unheard of)
Yeah I know. It was one final attempt at more characters.
But oh well.
Btw check the Hasbro thread haha

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My Booster Gold moveset will be used, Infinity Sorcerer's Red Hood costumes will be used, and I'll take a break from the moveset jobs for now. (since people are still editing the Gwenpool and Red Hood movesets) Doctor Doom will be Booster's rival, while Black Canary will be Gwenpool's rival!

Job 271: nominate costumes for She-Hulk

Exactly what it says; as usual, we'll be going with a default costume and up to seven alternate costumes.

Job 272: nominate arcade mode rivals for Red Hood and She-Hulk

As with yesterday, pick a character to be the second-to-last opponent for our last two characters!

---

The moveset jobs for Gwenpool and Red Hood are still open; I know Infinity Sorcerer mentioned wanting to redo their Red Hood moveset and the Gwenpool moveset that they helped NanayaGaming with, though I'm not sure who else would be interested in writing a moveset for them. (I can try Gwenpool, at least - I don't know if 1SecondNinja wants to redo their original Red Hood moveset or submit it as it is)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The moveset jobs for Gwenpool and Red Hood are still open; I know Infinity Sorcerer mentioned wanting to redo their Red Hood moveset and the Gwenpool moveset that they helped NanayaGaming with, though I'm not sure who else would be interested in writing a moveset for them. (I can try Gwenpool, at least - I don't know if 1SecondNinja wants to redo their original Red Hood moveset or submit it as it is)
I would like to see what you do with Gwenpool first! For the moment I will end my rewriting of Red Hood's

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
She-Hulk costumes:

1. Default

2. Savage

3. Sensational

4. Fantastic

5. Superhuman Law

6. Hellfire Gala

7. Space

8. Fighter

Arcade rivals:

For Red Hood, I'll nominate Daredevil, who'd be uncomfortably reminded of the Punisher here (and Red Hood would probably be reminded of Batman, or at least the parts that he dislikes such as Batman's strong stance against killing)

For She-Hulk, I'll nominate Plastic Man, who has a type when it comes to women. (and a lack of understanding about when to back off)

I've got a rough idea for a Gwenpool moveset, but I wanted to post these separately before typing it up.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My costumes and rival choices win by default. I'll give more time for the remaining moveset jobs; I need more time to type up my Gwenpool moveset anyway. (though if need be, I can add the moveset that NanayaGaming posted earlier; I've got rough ideas, but I'm still figuring out how to put them together, and I haven't had a ton of time to sit down and write)

Job 273: nominate a She-Hulk moveset

I'll open this job, at least. Feel free to take your time with this one, but I figured I should allow people to submit movesets if they're more inspired by She-Hulk than they are by Gwenpool or Red Hood.

Job 274: nominate premiere costumes for Goku, Luffy, Booster Gold, and Gwenpool

I'll save Red Hood and She-Hulk for tomorrow; I thought that some of these characters might have more potential for premiere costumes than others, so I figured it would be best to split them up rather than doing six at once.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
So, since the roster is finished, I thought it'd be appropriate to finally get my final thoughts in. This thread was a wild ride and now we're at the end, it seems. Just to clear some things up; For the Red Hood moveset, I'm much more interested in seeing Infinity Sorcerer's write-up included, since it makes numerous improvements to my original. I'm going to pass on She-Hulk; I like the character but her power set didn't interest me as much as the other potential characters (which I have a lot to say on, good and bad). I'm going to mix in my own thoughts and replies, and I'll go ahead and just rate all the character people claimed were missing.

Before you go onto read this, I want to say one thing; There is going to be some positive, yes, but also some downright negative stuff that will be said; No ill-will to the people who were responsible for XYZ addition, really. It's just my personal taste in what characters made the cut and what didn't; Keep in mind I still think we ended on a very good roster overall.

So, without further ado
THE DC ROSTER
I don't mean to echo the thoughts of previous users, but in the end I will, because the DC side of the roster is absolutely amazing.
I won't necessarily go through each character, especially since a lot of them were plainly obvious; But on that note, I think we did a really good job of mixing between obvious characters and unexpected picks.
Starro was the catalyst for this, and I think it was great that he was included in the base roster. A lot of the base DC picks felt very safe, but his inclusion shook things up not just for DC but for Marvel as well.
I was a little worried about Cyborg not making it in - he was a character I really resonated with back when he was anointed into the core JL line-up, and I wish DC did more with his character (where is the Cyborg movie, dammit). Bold claim, but he's a better founding member than Martian Manhunter and I think he suits the Justice League more than he does the Teen Titans. But I digress- I felt like he probably should've made it in earlier, but being the cap-off to the base roster felt fitting as well.
DLC was where things got wild, and that's where most of my time in this thread was spent. I had to fight tooth and nail for various characters, most of which only got in by a small gap, but in the end it was worth it. Black Adam was obvious and was a character that should've been in the base game; Actually, I would've had Adam in base and Martian Manhunter as the first DLC. I feel like that's just a more fitting placement for both characters; Adam is becoming a huge name in DC and starting the roster with 2 Shazam characters is a perfect tribute to that character's success in the 40's - MM's role reduction in 2012 onward did always feel a bit tragic, but I think him being the headline for bonus characters and his status as a classic Justice League member would've fit that slot.
Regardless, both made it in the roster and I'm very comfortable when their inclusions, especially since a few months have passed now.
Mister Miracle was a character I really wanted because he just has an underrated legacy in DC; Truth be told, his moveset might be the favorite out of all the ones I've made, and I'm very glad to see it didn't go to waste.
Numerous other DC characters in the DLC all kind of made sense. Power Girl as an alternative to Supergirl was I think really smart (more on her later), Grodd was pretty expected as the premiere Flash villain after RF, and pretty much all the S3 characters were fairly well rounded inclusions.

Poison Ivy is where I started having some gripes. Actually, she's my only gripe in this roster, but even then I understand why she's here. It just felt kind of out of nowhere; She's not really an S-tier Batman villain like Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, or Catwoman, but I guess she's probably about A-tier, with the likes of Penguin and Scarecrow. But I think we kinda had a very positive line-up when it came to the Batman villains already there, so I struggled to see how she would fit into it; I also just think she wasn't the next logical pick for a Batman character; That's where the Batfamily comes in, and yeah, I was pitching for Red Hood very hard for that round. It really astounded me how he lost, and to Poison Ivy. Like, really, her?
I think Ivy being the only plant-based character on both sides of the roster is a nice saving grace, so it's good to have her on board, but art the time it just felt kind of... off to me.
I think this opinion would have held more weight if Red Hood didn't make the cut, but thankfully he did. We might have edged on having too many Batman characters, though; 8/37 is a tad much, and this is a complaint carried over from I2's ratio of 9/38. But I think they're all worthwhile inclusions.
There was also another silver lining with Ivy's inclusion; Her being added before the All-Women round meant less competition for Lois... which, full transparency, is also the reason I lobbied for the JSA round in S1; I knew full well Power Girl would probably dominate the round, and as a fan-favorite in the base game, getting her in ASAP meant a huge contender for an All-Women round was no longer available for nomination. I've been planning Lois' inclusion since I joined the thread, so yeah, this was kind of built-up. The plot twist of the century, I suppose! Speaking of which...

Lois Lane... still no regrets! She is absolutely the highlight of the DLC; I think she was a nice shake-up to our whole roster, especially with her status as the only civilian in the whole roster; This is what I was hoping to aim for with DLC: characters that are like no one else that we already did or possible would have, and Lois fit this. Most of the DLC fits this; There's nobody else on the roster that stands out in the way Lobo stands out, or Gorilla Grodd, or Mister Miracle, or Booster Gold, etc.
And the ones that do kind of feel "standard", like Static and Black Adam, are still huge fan-favorites and the roster would have had huge holes without them.

DC's side of the roster is just wholly unique in that if you were to cut it off, and release it as it's own game, I'd have to rate it a 10/10. It stands so well on it's own, and all the characters are completely unique to one another, even if they share the same or similar powers.

As for the statistics:
  • the oldest DC characters on the roster are Superman and Lois Lane, both of whom first appeared in Action Comics #1 back in 1938! (if you want to get technical, Superman appeared first by a few pages)
  • the newest DC character on the roster is Blue Beetle, who first appeared in 2006! This means that we didn't get any characters from the 2010s or 2020s.
  • the decade that originated most of the DC characters on the roster was the 1940's. We got 11 characters from those ten years - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Joker, Lex Luthor, Shazam, Nightwing, Plastic Man, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Doctor Fate, and Black Adam!
  • DC is the only company to have characters who originated in the 1930s or 1950s in this roster.
  • 9 characters in our roster haven't been playable in an Injustice game: Plastic Man, Constantine, Ra's al Ghul, Starro, Mister Miracle, Lois Lane, Static (unless you count the mobile game), Peacemaker, and Booster Gold. Will that change when Injustice 3 rolls around? We'll see!
  • 9 of the 36 DC characters are women, which is a quarter of the line-up. There's room for improvement, though I was expecting less, and Injustice 2 had a smaller ratio of 9/38 - not sure if that says more about our roster or Injustice 2's. (we had Zatanna, Power Girl, Lois Lane, and Raven; they had Cheetah, Supergirl, Starfire, and Enchantress, though in both cases, Supergirl and Power Girl have each other as alternate costumes)
  • 19 of the DC characters have appeared in the DCEU, or a little more than half. (though this is only if we count Zack Snyder's Justice League - if we don't, then that technically bumps it down to a little less than half) The ones who haven't are:
    • Green Lantern (seriously, how have we not gotten a GL movie? I mean, sure, the Ryan Reynolds one was a stinker, but Batman & Robin didn't prevent us from getting Batman Begins)
    • Raven
    • Nightwing
    • Plastic Man
    • Constantine
    • Zatanna
    • Ra's al Ghul
    • Catwoman (we really should have gotten a solo Batman movie by now)
    • Green Arrow (the closest we've gotten was Peacemaker claiming that he's a brony)
    • Blue Beetle (though his movie's in development)
    • Mister Miracle
    • Power Girl
    • Poison Ivy (maybe if there's another movie with a Harley Quinn focus?)
    • Gorilla Grodd
    • Static
    • Lobo
    • Booster Gold
Which of those characters would you want to see get a movie appearance? (well, maybe not counting Green Lantern, since he's kind of an obvious one)
I'm fine with not getting 2010/20 characters. All the best ones are really in the 40's-2000s, though I think Monkey Prince is a really interesting new character.

I'm kind of expecting a few of those non-Injustice characters to make it into I3, which I have no problem with. If there is a MvC4 then the same will probably be said for the non MvC characters. Though while I suppose 9 is a bit of a small number, out of 37, I think that's still good. A lot of the Injustice characters are some of the most popular DC characters of all-time, and our movesets differ greatly from Injustice anyway. Atleast 25% of the roster was non-Injustice and that's a good statistic, especially better when you take a look at the specific characters in question, all of whom are fantastic additions. S3 really came in clutch with the non-Injustice rep lol

The roster being only 25% woman is... fine with me, really. That's still a plentiful number, though I would likely add one more for the next character (which we won't have). I do try to go by the specific character themselves rather than what they represent, but at some point it gets really lopsided; The whole DC line-up was caucasian/alien until Blue Beetle joined, as the second-to-last character in the base game, which is pretty insane, though I'll get to that in a bit.
In comparison to I2, I think we have the better characters. I don't think Cheetah is really that interesting and we already have multiple cat-themed characters with Catwoman and Black Panther. Starfire is a good choice but I think we all came to a good consensus that we don't need to overdo it on the Titans rep; Enchantress, though. Yeah, I want her to join. I've been thinking about this since S3 started but I figured she wouldn't come close to being included, but she would absolutely be one of my "next-in-line" characters, preferably as a rival to Marvel's Black Knight.

Our PoC rep is... well, there's always room for more and that is kind of reinforced with us having only 4. Granted, that's a huge step-up from the 0 we had for most of the base game, and the premiere costumes also bump up the total to 7, which I think is a very nice number; and the specific characters were really nice too: Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Black Adam, Static, Green Lantern, Nubia and President Superman. All of these are very big names in DC's PoC line-up (well, probably not Nubia lol), and I think just as characters on their own, separate from race, we made very fine picks.

We also ended with 5 major Titans characters: Nightwing, Raven, Blue Beetle, Deathstroke and Cyborg, which I think is a nice line-up. If I were to add one more it'd be Terra.

DC needs to step-up with their movie game. I'm fine with having The Batman as opposed to a DCEU Batman movie, though some of these characters need a shot in the limelight. I want a Cyborg movie, though.

FUN FACT: All the DC characters in Season 3 were my nominations. Yippee!
THE MARVEL ROSTER
The ending left a bad taste in my mouth, but overall I think the Marvel roster has room to improve.

Actually, since it just happened, I'm gonna get the ending out of the way. ahem
WHAT!? SHE-HULK!?
I actually like She-Hulk. I voted for her, actually- she's mine 3rd in line after Warlock and Namor, and I actually have her as a replacement for Hulk in my fan MvC4 roster! (Though that would never fly for Infinity Crisis lol). And on her own, she's a good option!
But this is just... so weird. There's not a lot of hype for this character in the general Marvel audience, and like... yeah, Warlock and Namor were right there. I was atleast expecting Namor to actually win the Second Chance round, though I was personally shooting for Warlock. But She-Hulk is just another "why this character?" It's baffling to me. We have plenty of tanks (it may not seem like it but we do), we already have the Hulk IP represented well, and she just has the least interesting moveset potential out of the other characters who were on the table for this job. Actually... every other character for the Second Chance round would have been more interesting.
And in the grand scheme of things, she's just not a proper send-off for Marvel; neither in terms of recurring nominations in this thread or in the context of the Marvel univese. Namor was a huge want for a long time, Warlock is one of the most important cosmic characters in Marvel and very specifically fits into our Infinity narrative; The X-Men to me are still underrepresented and Nightcrawler would've been the best next choice, and I could go on about the other 3 as well. This just kind of feels like a really lame option and I can't justify making this a real game, getting to the final character and then saying to the audience "by the way, instead of Adam Warlock, Namor, Ant-Man and Nightcrawler, we have 2 Hulks!"
I'm not very intrigued by what her moveset could potentially bring. The 4th wall breaking is already done by Deadpool and Gwenpool, the civilian archetype is already in use with Lois, and so many characters have very generic super strength attack-moves as is. I probably would've made one for her if she got in via an Avengers round or something but as the final character and losing out on all the more interesting power sets brings my disappointment for her potential moveset up by a lot.
So, overall, yeah, poor taste in my mouth.
As for the Wildcard round, I'm fine with Gwenpool winning over Adam. It feels very fitting for the people who have been here since the beginning to have the character they always wanted.
And yeah, I still like the She-Hulk character and I want her to see proper justice in the MCU and surrounding media (the show really made a mockery of her character), and yeah she's sexy (that statement still stands lol) but for this specific fighting game roster, this was not the route to go imo.

NINJA FROM THE FUTURE: Guardians 3 trailer released after I typed this whole She-Hulk essay (I started this yesterday morning). Look at him!
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.08.03 PM.png

Okay, so, that's out of the way. How about the other 36 on this huge roster?

The base game I think ended up going... pretty well! Actually, I'd say it's near perfect!
There are some quams with having 2 Spider-Man, but I think Miles' inclusion is very justified and stands on his own a lot more than other shared identity characters (Kate Bishop, Jane Thor, Brawn, etc.) do. The rister wouldn't have been complete without him.
Some people may been confused about Cyclops, mostly outsiders to the X-Men, or people who've only seen the movies, but like, there's no debate. He is THE leader of the X-Men, and I very much dislike how recent media has been throwing him under the bus. He needed to be here and it's good that he is.
Wasp may have seemed like a weird choice for the final Marvel character, but she was needed. She's an icon of the Avengers line-up; Sure, her character started out very one note during the 60s, but she developed into a beloved hero in Marvel's line up and was always a staple of the team. But because of the MCU, Marvel has kind of been erasing her existence (they tried the same with the X-Men), but I am not having that. Give me Wasp or give me death. Also yeah, we needed more women rep and atleast someone from the Ant-Man franchise. She can also act as a representative of the classic Avengers, which I think works better because the roster already has a lot of modern rep.
I think Doc Ock is an underrated choice so I'm glad he got in. If we had just done Spidey, Miles and Venom, then all the Spider-Man characters would have just been different variations of the same power. Doc Ock is refreshing and a grappler playstyle is nice.
I think everyone else is pretty straightforward; All the base game characters were basically required for our roster and they're all unique and bring variety.

The Marvel DLC is where things fell down a little for me, but not by much.
First off, the X-Men: Gambit and Magik were I think the best case scenario for more mutants. We needed another core member of the main X-Men team and Gambit is stupid popular, so it adds up that he'd be the next one. Magik hits a lot of niches in one go: New Mutants rep, X-Women, obscure character, basically everything needed to diversify the X-Men lineup beyond just being the most standard picks. Plus, she's another one of those characters where nobody plays at all like her, which is good. I'm really proud of the moveset I made for her and I love Infinity Sorcerer's improvements.

Squirrel Girl makes sense, we needed a comedy relief character and she's the most popular one. Ultron is... honestly I think he is a really basic/safe pick BUT I think he deserves the spot and he's a good villain in general. I like that we did an Avengers villain before doing another member for DLC.
Speaking of which Hawkeye! Somewhat controversial, but I didn't mind Kate. I 100% would have preferred Clint but Kate is a nice change of pace, though I wouldn't consider he "Power Girl instead of Supergirl" levels of genius; it still is a bit weird. But, as long as we have a Hawkeye, though, we're good, and this was at least a unique idea. And she brought a dog with her!

Sentry was also somewhat of a controversial pick... but I'll still defend it, because it was the right pick. Everything I said about Sentry back then, amazingly, still holds true; Nobody does what he does on the roster at ALL, out of 80 characters; he represents his own series, he represents a Marvel variant of Superman, he's a deep dive pick from the superhero catalogue; really, he has it all. Plus, 2 of the characters people complained he got in over (i.e. Blade and Moon Knight) got in, so really he shouldn't even be controversial anymore. He's not really, honestly.
I'm very proud of Sentry's inclusion regardless. Again, I character I fought tooth and nail for, and it worked out for the better.

Speaking of those previous two; Blade and Moon Knight made sense to include, Blade especially. Moon Knight, I was a bit eh. I kind of dislike the way he was included; I didn't want an Avengers member round to begin with, because our roster was chalkful of them, especially in comparison to the other teams, but Moon Knight kinda circumvents that since, while he has been a member before, especially on the West Coast, he is 90% of the time a solo hero and that's more of what he's representative of with his inclusion, and not really his tenure with the Avengers. So I guess in that way it was good, but at that rate, what was the point of the Avengers round? That round was super weird anyway. Nominations were in the low levels for such a large team and then we nominate the guy least associated with them. Kind of unorthodox, but in the end this is about Moon Knight and he deserves his spot. Plus, both he and Blade were PoC, so it was huge to have both included back to back.

So, who exactly is left? Star-Lord, who doesn't even need to be explained. And that brings us to the ending... Gwenpool! Aaaand she's okay. I'm indifferent to this character; It's not really a secret I wanted other characters. She's like, there. Very happy for everyone who lobbied for her, though, because this feels like a proper vindication for her character.

So what exactly is my problem with this roster? I can't exactly justify cutting any of these 36 characters.
Maybe it's just that the DLC ended up being very safe, functionally most of them aren't as interesting as their DC counterparts (though there are highlights like Star-Lord, Sentry and Magik), and I dislike how we tried to lean more into the Avengers constantly when I felt we needed to stay away from the team.
I just can't put my finger on this. This should be fine but I feel like we missed out on making the best Marvel roster we could; I suppose this is a consequence of there being too many Marvel characters.
I do have to say the ending disappointed, though, for me, between Gwenpool and She-Hulk, even if the former is nice.

As for statistics:
16 characters have not been in MvC. This is a big bigger than DC's 9, though that's due to a lot of major characters just inexplicably being missing from that series to begin with. Very glad to have these characters in particular, too.

Out of 37 characters, 15 are not present in the MCU/Sonyverse. Obviously half of these are the Fox characters, but I am very thankful we got non-MCU characters in here and there. Though, that number is on the cusp of changing soon: Blade, Wolverine and Deadpool are all about to make their big MCU debuts in 2024.

10/37 characters are women, which is more than a quarter. These characters are all pretty justified too, but I'd probably cut Gwenpool and She-Hulk lol. Atleast one of them in favor of someone else; I kinda secretly wanted X-23 at some point. Shuri has become a new favorite of mine too, although really I'd trade these for Adam Warlock and Namor and you all know that.

11 of these characters were core Avengers: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Hawkeye, Sentry. This is on top of heavy associations with Loki and Ultron as villains, making for 13 Avengers-specific characters. This, is a lot for how small the roster is and how little the X-Men and Guardians had. Actually, if you combined all the X-Men, Guardians and F4 members into one, we would still have more Avengers. Crazy to think about.

This is what I'm most proud of: the PoC rep. ahem. Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Storm, Ultimate Spider-Man, Blade and Moon Knight as standalone characters; covering the Premiere Costumes, that adds War Machine, Killmonger, Monica Rambeau, Robbie Reyes and Spider-Man 2099. Eleven!! This is awesome! The specific characters are awesome too!

Unfortunately, despite how big the team has gotten, we have only a whopping 2 Guardians. Our cosmic character count on Marvel's side is very low (It's only Thanos and Captain Marvel after the 2 Guardians) and we could've done better on that front
THE GUESTS
So this is a lot smaller of a section, mostly because a lot of the guests have already been covered and there are only 6. But I'll quickly cover the 4 I previously did.
Scott Pilgrim, Invincible, Spawn, and the TMNT: All 10/10 inclusions. These 4 are the epiphany of guest inclusions from comics. In fact they're the most iconic comic book characters outside of Marvel and DC and even if they were obvious, we could all agree they were needed. Not much to say after that.
So, what's left is the final 2: Goku and Luffy. And uh. Um.
I want there to be a cut-off point. Obviously, having it be anything and everything is absurd.

On of the options would definitely be to either have only properties that have crossed over, but I personally don't like this. There are comics and characters that have never crossed over with DC or Marvel that would just be natural fits in this roster, like The Boys characters.

My suggestion is to only do either comic book characters or superhero characters. Why? Because this is a project about comic books and superheroes, it spells itself out. This opens the door to have a plethora of characters to choose from, such as the TMNT, Hellboy, Scott Pilgrim, Rocketeer, The Boys, Image Comics characters, MHA, Green Hornet etc., while also not just opening the floodgates for no apparent reason.

I don't think having anything crossover here would work and I feel like this eliminates the chances for a lot of fantastic comic/superhero characters to be disregarded in favor of something like Lebron James or Jonesy (neither are characters I have a problem with, I just don't think they fit into this roster).

I definitely understand if people disagree, but I also personally believe that a lot of choices like Predator and Darth Vader, while cool, seem like odd choices for guest characters in a comic book/superhero based crossover.
Back when I said this: Yeah, Goku and Luffy are the kind of characters I was referring to. Technically, yes, they are comic book characters, so they qualify for the nominations, but them getting in is kind of the definition of going off the rails because they just don't fit as well as the other characters.
Manga style of comics is almost polar opposite to how American comics are done, and course there's the added fact that they have... nothing to do with the superhero genre. I kinda have to scratch my head as to why these characters were nominated, because this is as far as we could have possibly gotten from the limit we placed to begin with.
I'll say, I had fun with Goku and the Dragon Ball content. It's an iconic IP, Goku fighting the Comic Characters is fun, and if I was any familiar with One Piece I would probably say the same; But this isn't an animanga game and several superhero and comic book characters were passed up, ones that fit the universes of Marvel and DC and would have still been equally fun and wanted by fans. Judge Dredd, Hellboy, Kamen Rider, Savage Dragon, Deku, The Mask, Kick-Ass, Billy Butcher, etc. These are the types of characters that fit into our roster, Goku does not. Luffy does not.
I really don't like to be the "no fun allowed" guy but the entire point of doing a western comic book crossover was to appeal to those types of characters; including these two just undermines the whole point of why this roster was put together and why we opened up the options for Guests to begin with. A lot of lesser known comic book characters would've absolutely benefited from being in place of those two and gaining that popularity (which is also a huge appeal to nominating/including the obscure Marvel/DC characters to begin with), ones that fit the theme. If we wanted to do Eastern rep, there were options: Deku and Kamen Rider are the biggest, of course, but there was also Ultraman, Sailor Moon, heck even Astro Boy! I don't like the random Shonen route. It was just weird to do, and Goku and Luffy are characters that are always always in the popularity spotlight in their own respective bubbles, so I don't like that they take the place of comic book characters that aren't, when the whole point is about the latter.
At the very least, doing just one makes sense; dip your toes in it, grab the market appeal, and then get the themed character afterwards to appeal to both sides of the fandom. Doing both as animanga is just overkill.
I think the content being somewhat interesting is at least good, I guess.
Season 1: I said it before but 9.1/10. Kate instead of Clint brings it down a little (Clint is much more of a legacy character) but I think we started out strong with the fan-favorites and filling gaps in the base roster right away.
The stages are good. I feel like something more interesting could have been done in place of Toronto Streets but I still like that stage.
Costumes are good, cover a lot of points whilst being interesting; The bosses are FANTASTIC! Anti-Moniter and Beyonder were huge, and Angstrom was just a dream.

Season 2: 9.5/10. Poison Ivy instead of any other major DC (preferably not from Batman) character will always irk me but this was a really solid season; Actually, it's the best of the 3 we've done. Ivy is still functionally interesting, Grodd is a fan-favorite, Lois and Sentry are fantastic sleeper picks, Star-Lord and Ultron were huge missing characters and the guests are top notch.
The stages are all literally perfect; visually unique, cameo-filled and iconic locations in general.
I really liked the costume selection, especially since First Appearance (imo my best costume pack) got the bill.
Bosses leave a little to be desired. Knull is the best choice, but BWL felt too unnecessary. We had plenty of Batman rep, he's overused and it kind of conflicts with him being a part of Angstrom's moveset. I think on paper he makes sense but in practice it kind of makes me realize that somebody else would have been more aproppriate. Still, on his own BWL makes an interesting boss. I feel like I had a lapse in judgement with Shredder instead of Krang (d'oh) but at least I got Shredder's Lair as a stage and it makes up for not having a playable Shredder.

Season 3: 7/10
Yeah, sorry, this was kind of weak. It started out strong but kind of dissipated.
DC kept itself high with the best case scenario picks for characters; All the characters are cult favorites of DC with tons of history and unique movesets and playstyle to them all. It's perfect. Marvel fumbled at the end to me with the lack of a huge send-off character, and the guests were just not to my taste.
The stages are once again all good; The Marvel stage could've been more interesting in all honesty. I felt like a lot of the other options were more interesting (Chronopolis, Nexus of all Reality and Web of Life) but Baxter Building is still appropriate and it was kind of a necessity anyway. I feel like Web of Life and Nexus of All Reality cannibalized each other's votes by being a similar gimmick, but oh well. The guests stages are pretty iconic and fit the characters.
I feel like the costumes went too hard on costumes for characters that have kind of always been getting them in these packs (Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Lantern, Hulk). I wanted to try and diversify it a little with the characters, but in the end the actual suits looked good.
The bosses are all best case scenario. Amazo I'm really proud of, especially with his JSA connection; Galactus was just long overdue, and Frieza is dead obvious for a DB fight. Though I liked the Homelander submission, and I feel like we missed out on having him somewhere. If we didn't go the anime route he would have been the perfect finale boss.

Bonus Characters: 6.3/10
I have to rate honestly. Red Hood, being half of the 2 bonus characters, makes up his half of the score. She-Hulk is... you already know. She gets points for being a character choice I like on it's own but this was just a really poor way to end the roster, especially in regards as to who we missed out on.
Here are my personal gaps in the roster
The easiest way for me to do this is to just list my top 4; these are the characters I would add without hesitation that I know all immediately pad out discrepancies in the roster I don't like.
For DC: Red Hood used to be that pick, but not anymore! My other 3 would have been V, Black Manta, and Enchantress. I'm not sure who to replace Red Hood, but I might just say Spectre since I think that's a unique choice gameplay wise and also really lore important. The first two I feel are self-explanatory; I'm just very intrigued by what Enchantress can do and her being such a large ancient evil in DC's magical lore makes me wish we had room for that on the roster.
For Marvel, and these characters shouldn't be surprising: Winter Soldier, Adam Warlock, Namor and Shang-Chi. WS is the Marvel rivalry to Red Hood, and if the last two were Red Hood and WS that would've made much more sense to me, because that's a correlated thing. I think the Captain America IP just needed atleast one more character anyway; He actually has a large supporting and antagonizing cast, and CA has one of the biggest Marvel legacies of all-time. A second character felt appropriate but we never got to that point unfortunately; Call blasphemy on this but I would trade Moon Knight or Hawkeye for WS.
Adam Warlock and Namor are self-explanatory. Shang-Chi feels like a big miss: A martial artist centric character is missing badly and excluding the guests we kind of have no asian representation as a whole, plus he blew up after the MCU and is disassociated with the Avengers so he would've been perfect. The 10 Rings as a unique ability just sounds very nice to have in a moveset.

Of course, after these 4 I would add She-Hulk, and Howard the Duck & Black Knight would also be pretty cool.
My next two guests would be Dragon and Hellboy. They were kind of next in line for the comic book rep, really. If not one of them then Judge Dredd, though I would fight tooth and nail for Dragon
I really expected the number of non-Injustice characters be higher, thought in the end we did had a quite variate number of new faces. In the DLCs we got Mister Miracle, Lois Lane, Static, Peacemaker and Booster Gold (worth nothing that of those 5, 3 are from this season).
And out of those 5, I nominated ALL OF THEM! Hahaha
Though of those last 3, they were nominated in previous rounds

I think the biggest surprise for me when it came to these wildcard rounds was that nobody nominated Brainiac for DC or Namor for Marvel. (though there was nothing stopping me from nominating either when I had the chance, so I'm just as guilty haha)
Brainiac isn't really surprising to me; He wasn't mentioned a whole lot in this thread, really. I considered nominating him for the Cosmic round and was really close to doing that but I but went with Mister Miracle instead (worth it). I will say I wish he was a boss; a Superman boss in general was needed

Welp, first for all my votes:
  1. Gwenpool
  2. Adam Warlock
Must admit I have quite a bias for Gwenpool and I think in terms of "who should be the final character" it must be Warlock, buuuuut I think she could be fun so yeah that's the way I will go.

I was more or less aware that there it was a tie. It's just that I'm so bad in maths that I was doubtful if I was doing it correctly.

Welp, I was trying to wait for the final addition for give my opinion but here we go. TL;DR it's very damn good roster, 8/10.

DC
I said this in the past, but the most solid part of our roster by far is the DC side, you can just made a game with only them and I would said that it's a fantastic lineup. I should admit tho that my knowledge in DC isn't the best (or at least it isn't at the same grade as my knowledge in Marvel) but as far as I can tell I think the roster touched most of the spectrum of things in DC, we have the classics that are basically obligated like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman; we have representatives of the magic side of the universe with Zatanna, Constantine or Fate; the space side with Starro or Mister Miracle; Street Level heroes like Static or Nightwing; anti-heroes like Black Adam or Peacemaker and even characters that are usually from other Earths like Power Girl! we even have civil people like Lois Lane! Of course, there are also characters that sadly didn't made the cut (thought I feel them more like "personal favorites" rather than must haves) so here it is a small place for my Honorific Mentions!

RED HOOD
MONKEY PRINCE
CAPTAIN COLD
VIXEN
BANE
BATGIRLS
My favorite character overall, I think I really messed up nominating Azrael instead of him last round (thought I also love a lot him, is just that yeah, I should have tried to go with a more iconic character)I surprise that I found once looking long ago when we had our "2000-10s" round in the base game, I didn't read too much of the character yet but I think he would have been a very unique fighter with a very variate toolset of powers, after all he is the descedant of the original Sun Wukong! (that would also lead to some funny dialogues with Goku)I consider him the best non-speedster Flash villain, there it was also the lack of ice-based characters and my mind can only think on him of all people.Must admit that I aren't super into her, but I think she could have been a very cool fighter, in terms of characters with animal based powers I think both she and Animal Man would have been the best choices.There it is some Roster Global Warming in this game, and I think he would have been the perfect election for a big guy alongside Doomsday, apart of have a high-risk high-reward gameplay making use of the Venom (that could ALSO lead to curious dialogues with Marvel's Venom)Most people would say Barbara Gordon, others would prefer Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Cain, there are also people who would claim for Batwoman instead but no matter whould have been, I think that it's quite dissapointing not have neither of them here.

I can think on a pair more like Swamp Thing or Atom but those 6 are my main options.

MARVEL
I wouldn't say that Marvel's side is bad but I think that it could have been better, don't get me wrong I think that in the same way as DC we touched multiple themes and I'm glad about it but it just feels that there is more, there are more big names missing in the roster that didn't make the cut like Black Widow, Ant-Man, The Punisher, Namor, Hawkeye (Clinton, thought I'm fine with only Bishop), Elektra, more Spider-Man characters too (I mean, if Batman could have like 5-6 characters of his own circle in the game, Spider-Man could also get some of his cast that it's definitively not small: Green Goblin, Mysterio, Carnage, Agent Venom, Kaine, Silk, etc). My top 6 of my favorite missings however would be:

WINTER SOLDIER
NAMOR
PUNISHER
SHANG-CHI
ANT-MAN
CARNAGE
I mean there is a reason why he was my last nomination!, it would have been even better if Jason came alongside him but in the end I would have been more than satisfied with just him.While I always knew about him I never where too interesing in him or so I was until Wakanda Forever. I know that MCU!Namor have little to nothing related to Comic!Namor but I readed a pair of extra things of him and it really captured my interest.Much like Namor I was VERY surprised that nobody submited this guy. Frank Castle is THE Marvel Anti-Hero (Deadpool could be more popular but his more funny antiques makes him a different type of anti-hero). I guess that maaaybe there is something related with the desafortunate relation he has with politics but I still find him a must.I can say that I knew about him before the movie but I can't say that I was interesed in him before the movie, again much like Namor I know that there are wide differences between the MCU and the Comic version of Shang-Chi but as not only a fighting game fan but also an enthusiast on martial arts it would have been so cool have the Master of Kung-Fu.While I personally like Scott Lang more than Hank Pym, any of the two are definitively characters that it feels that they should have been here, any of them make the cut thought.Some people would say that Venom is already enough but I always thinked that Carnage is unique enough to be his own thing, especially since he gained more and more powers since Carnage U.S.A.

And there are more, too much more characters that I could think, Black Bolt, Man-Thing, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Psylocke, Cable, Phoenix...but again, even if I personally find these characters more "cooler" than others that did enter into the roster, I can't say that I don't like it. Is a very good cast and I'm with it.

GUESTS
The most difficult side to evaluate should be this one, personally I think we did a good job, thought maybe the priority list get out of hands (the TMNT and Spawn feels more like the first guests instead of Invincible and Scott Pilgrim for example) I think it's very cool. The last guests Goku and Luffy are EXTREMELY FUN picks but I should say that they kindaaa feel out of place, I voted for them just because they were the last and I wanted to be flexive but it really gave me more wishes for made an animanga thread for them instead (maaaybe I can give it a chance thought). I wouldn't say who would have been my "6 most wanted" since due the flexivity of this part is near impossible to me to just decide to 6, but the point is that even if Goku and Luffy are kinda weird selections, all the guests are definiitvely good additions!
We seem to share the same sentiment on it but yes, the DC side of the roster is amazingly solid and could be its own game. Not sure what it would be called; is the name Injustice taken?
But yeah, one thing I liked about our roster was how many different corners of the DC Universe we touched; In fact we ended up getting a little bit of everything and I think that worked out great. I think one more multiverse pick would've been in order (V) and possibly some darker magic characters (Enchantress) or atleast one deity typed (Spectre) but overall we ended up getting so much and I think it makes for the best case scenario roster.

Now, as for your Honorific Mentions...
Of course me being late to the party comes with the first one already being in. Red Hood, that is. Honestly we're all very lucky for the final chance round because I would not have stopped complaining about Red Hood not being in; but he's finally in and it feels so good.
Now for the rest
Monkey Prince - This is a character I didn't know about until you told me about them the other day, but the idea of a monkey superhero being on the roster, and as the descendant of Sun Wukong, is just so funny and interesting to me. If we had another 21st Century DC Job I would go with this.
Captain Cold - Ice characters in general seemed to be pretty popular, between Cold, Killer Frost, Iceman and Mr. Freeze. I suppose it is a bit sad we ended up not getting one in the end despite all the options and all the push. Perhaps Cold isn't the best choice for this but he is a good villain and I can see the appeal behind this.
Vixen - She's a cult fan-favorite and has a very interesting power set. She's not my immediate choice but I totally would've vibed with her inclusion.
Bane - This character isn't that needed and I'm glad he did lose out. He is another one of those S-tier Batman villains like Joker and Ra's, so I guess it is a bit insane to say that, but we did have a lot of the biggest Batman villains, one of which wasn't in Injustice, and Bane wasn't needed for this so I'm glad. Honestly his appearance in Injustice 2 always confused me- It made perfect sense in the first game but he was not really a character I would say needed to return for future games, and I would've cut him (possibly Joker too) for someone else.

As for the Roster Global Warming... I have to say I think that is a bit misconstrued. It is a bit hard to narrow down because some characters don't have their weight class stated (we should fix that) but in terms of glacier-type picks, we did get Hulk and Thing from the get-go, both Darkseid and Thanos; Not quite sure if Starro is heavyweight but his movement would definitely be on par with the others; Venom is somewhat of a powerhouse too. Rocket and Groot is a mix since it's two characters, but Groot is part of it. And then for DLC we ended up getting Gorilla Grodd, which is good because we needed a DLC heavyweight, and Lobo I suppose is more of a midweight but he has a close style, and we ended the roster with She-Hulk. That's not to mention all the fast-moving heavy hitters like Black Adam or Goku; We did really good in this department! A couple more would have been neat, such as Swamp Thing but in the end I think we had less of a Global Warming crisis here and that's a good thing. Spawn also canonically weighs 450 pounds
Batgirls - With all the Batman characters we have I'm glad we didn't go this route, but I think after Red Hood and Ivy, she is the next best option for sure, especially for the Batfamily. Obviously I'd go with Barbara but references to Stephanie and Cassandra would round out the Batgirls nicely. She'd only really be a pick if we had more room but in the end I think we still did good with the Batman characters.
Before I get into those top 6, I'll touch on those briefly mentioned characters.

Clint Barton - Before Kate joined, would have been top contender; After she joined, he doesn't make sense to have, and that's perfectly fine! Hawkeye isn't a character we need 2 of like we do Spider-Man, and while I don't think Kate was still the best option I'm very content with her, and a lot of other people are too. So yeah, we're fine without Clint.
Spidey Universe - On the topic of more Spider-Man characters... I am very glad we didn't do that. Is it huge? Yes, but I think the 4 we have was the best way to represent it. Hell, between all the costumes as well, we have like 6 or 7 Spider-people represented, plus Venom, so if we added Silk or someone along those lines we would've fallen into redundancy. As for the villains, uh, I mean, I guess. But with both Venom and Doc Ock, I don't think more Spidey villains were as needed. I'm fine without having a Goblin, especially since Norman is still on the roster (Iron Patriot), Electro would've been redundant, Mysterio- okay that one's kind of cool actually but we did have a lot of actual magic users so it's fine. Honestly, I think if we got to a point where we added more Spider-Man characters in favor of another X-Men or supernatural hero, it just would've been a bit poor.
Elektra - If this was the 90s or 2000s, her exclusion would probably not fly. But the Daredevil IP isn't really top dog anymore and a lot of other Marvel heroes have grown past her in popularity since those days. I think Daredevil was all we really needed, plus we have Raphael that could sort of stand-in for the playstyle she would've had.
Winter Soldier & Namor - As said before, huge characters, huge exclusions. WS would be first up for me because of his Red Hood connection, and honestly I just loved your moveset for him- I thought about doing one for the Legacy round when I nominated him but opted not to, mostly due to my uncertainty on what his gameplay style would me. Having the metal arm as the unique ability just makes sense, that's his most iconic design aspect and really makes him more than just a gun guy.
Punisher - Believe it or not, I was never very adamant about his character. He was actually nominated a few times but he placed really low in the votes, and I get why. I feel like he is also one of those Marvel characters that used to be top dog but have since been drastically outperformed, and also, we were bound to have a lot of gun characters from the get-go, and as of right now we definitely do. I considered the possibility of Punisher just being a premiere skin for one of the gunners, specifically WS (but with the unique ability it doesn't work), but either way I feel like it is just kind of a waste to give a slot to Punisher. This is a bit controversial, I know, but I just don't think he was needed.
Shang-Chi - Yeah, I already covered him. He is kind of new blood so he's only gotten popular after the movie but I feel like we missed out on martial artist characters and Shan-Chi was the best option for this, also because of his connections to dragons and the ten rings. We're about on the same page, I suppose- this is a big exclusion. (He is on my fan roster for MvC4 though which I think is cool)
Ant-Man - This is a big character everybody claims is missing. I get it; he's a core Avenger, he has his own franchise, and he is very unique. Truth be told i was really planning on pushing for Ant-Man hard in the DLC, and I had a really unique idea for a moveset that I still might do anyway. But the elephant in the room here is also the inclusion of Wasp, a character that I think represents the franchise equally well, is a classic character and a core Avengers, all of that. I think we can all agree Wasp was a great inclusion to have, but having both Ant-Man and Wasp I think just gets muddy, because this is another case where we don't need both. We only need one. I'm glad it was Wasp, but Ant-Man would've been equally great and I get why his absence is highlighted.
Carnage - He is a really popular character, and among all the excluded Spidey villains, I feel like he is the most notable. Truth be told, I think having Venom is good enough; Symbiotes are big but not big enough to take 2 spots in a somewhat limited roster, and Spidey as a whole has a lot. But I really do think on his own Carnage would be really interesting to play as, especially with his newfound powers.

I actually kind of like that Invincible and Scott got in before Spawn and the TMNT. The latter two are the most obvious, yes, but they're really obvious, and have also already been in fighting games; Starting the roster off with the former 2 I think was a good way to do it.

I'm going to post my rambling, semi-organized thoughts on our roster.

The first half or so of our base roster was pretty predictable, though that feels like a given - there are a LOT of characters to cover for both Marvel and DC, and by extension, a lot of fan favourites that people would want to see making it in. I probably could have included more characters by default, rather than having people vote them in; at one point, my plan was to have 5 characters per side by default, with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Green Lantern for DC, and Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain America, and the Hulk for Marvel. However, I wasn't sure whether people would prefer Barry Allen or Wally West for the Flash, or Hal Jordan or John Stewart for Green Lantern.

Up until the non-Injustice/non-MvC rounds, the only things that surprised me were that Dr. Doom didn't come in first for the Marvel villains round, that Raven was the most popular Teen Titan by far, even beating out Nightwing. (I didn't see much of the Teen Titans cartoon, so I was unaware of her popularity), and that Cyclops beat out Storm in the X-Men round. (I wouldn't change any of those outcomes, though - I'm still getting caught up on X-Men, but Cyclops seems like a character that's underrated by the fandom at large, and while it took longer than I expected for Cyborg to be added, he did eventually make it into the base game)

The non-Injustice and non-MvC rounds are where this thread really started to pick up steam, to the point where I bumped up the roster from 48 to 50 due to the sheer amount of characters that were nominated for the non-Marvel vs. Capcom round in particular. I'm really glad that we got the Thing and Ms. Marvel in this roster, and while I'm not as passionate about Daredevil as I am when it comes to the other two, he's a great addition who really should be in a fighting game by this point. (plus, with the benefit of hindsight, he's in the same roster as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, who were directly inspired by him)

I don't know much about Plastic Man or Constantine, but I was glad to see them make it in, and these two rounds are where we started to shift away from just using Injustice and Marvel vs. Capcom characters. (though don't get me wrong - we still added plenty of those) The inclusion of Ra's al Ghul and Doctor Octopus showed that I wouldn't have to include another non-Injustice/MvC round to force the issue, and that they'd be added naturally.

As a side note, I'm glad that we got Zatanna in this roster after she was left out of Injustice 2. I haven't read much of her in the comics yet, but she seems like a fun character. Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow felt like missing pieces that were put into place - two core Justice League members who finally got into the roster. Plus, it gave me an excuse to post this!

This was also the point where Thanos and Darkseid were added in by default, leading to our base roster reaching its final total of 52. I'm glad that they both got in, rather than having to wait through the cosmic rounds and other rounds where they'd be eligible, hoping that enough people would vote for them or else we'd have a "Sigma in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite" situation on our hands.

Loki felt like a character who needed to be here, given how much his popularity EXPLODED since Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Speaking of villains from the first appearance of a super-team, I'm thrilled that Starro the Conqueror actually made it into the roster; I wanted to get someone unusual or unexpected in here.

When it came to 2000s characters, Blue Beetle (Jaime) and Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles) seemed like the best picks. I'm not very familiar with modern DC, but Blue Beetle seems to stand out among the company's recent creations, and it's a tough call between Miles and Ms. Marvel/Kamala as to who Marvel's biggest hit of the past decade or two is.

As I said earlier, Cyborg felt long overdue, and I was so glad to see the Wasp making it in after she had been relatively neglected when compared to other long-time Avengers. (likely because she wasn't in the Avengers movie)

---

If I had to pick four DC characters where I felt that they could have been in the base game (to round it out to 30 each), I'd go with Black Adam, Mister Miracle (I wanted to see a New God aside from Darkseid in the game, to show that there's more to the property than just him), Gorilla Grodd (the lack of a Flash villain stuck out to me), and Poison Ivy (or at least one of the more sci-fi themed Bat-villains), so all of them making it in through DLC was great. I do feel like we could have used a wider variety of villains, but I'm only kind of familiar with Wonder Woman's, Green Lantern's, or Aquaman's rogues gallery, so I'm not sure who I'd go with.

I'll be honest, I don't get the appeal of Gambit, but I'm happy for those who do. I was glad to see Squirrel Girl and Hawkeye make it in; I'm surprised that Clint Barton wasn't nominated for several later categories that he'd be eligible for, but maybe people don't like doubling up on characters with the same identity. Or maybe it would lead to this kind of situation:

View attachment 364370

I don't know much about the Sentry (and I know that under the pen of some writers, he can come across as a God Mode Sue), but 1SecondNinja's moveset definitely opened my eyes to his potential. Ultron felt long overdue, and while I'm aware that she's a controversial pick, I love that we got to include Lois Lane on the roster.

I'm a bit more neutral on season 3 - I'm aware of the Marvel and DC characters that we included, but I don't know much about them. (I've watched Peacemaker and Moon Knight's shows, but by my understanding, they're very different in the shows compared to how they are in the comics) They all make sense to me, but I don't know a ton about many of them. (basically, the characters make sense, but I don't know enough about their series to be super-hyped - kind of like Simon Belmont in Smash, at least for me) Magik and Booster Gold were great inclusions in my eyes, and I'm happy with any outcome of this ongoing poll.

As for the guest characters, I'm only vaguely familiar with Spawn, and I've only watched one episode of Invincible, but I'm glad that we got all of them! I feel like, if this thread was happening anywhere other than SmashBoards, Scott Pilgrim might not have made it into the roster, but his comics (and movie) clearly resonated with a lot of Nintendo fans. I've been reading One Piece for 16 years now, and watching Dragon Ball since I was a kid, so having both of them in this roster is amazing for me. (and it goes without saying that I'm thrilled to have the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in here - I nominated them twice and quoted as much of the theme song as I could in my nomination)

All in all, I don't have any complaints about the roster that we got. There are some characters that I don't know much about (mainly on the DC side, though that's mostly due to me not having access to those comics until recently), but there aren't any cases where I'm not sure why the character got in or cases where I'd replace them with someone else.

(there are a lot of Marvel characters that I'd like to see make it in - the Vision, Hank Pym, Namor, Kang the Conqueror, America Chavez, any of the top three from this round, etc. - but while I could add another season of DLC, I feel like we could probably keep going on for another 50 characters per side and still leave out some great ideas, so I figure it's best to try and stick to a limit. Unless we get a tie for first in this vote as well)
I'll say that doing 3 per side is a really good way to start us off; 5 would've been overkill, and at the time you didn't know how large the roster would be so this was a good outcome. I think we could definitely rebrand GL to be representative of the larger corps, considering we have 4. I'll save that for later though.
Miles > Kamala for sure, though (in terms of popularity). Spider-Verse brought the character to a new height
I already stated it but if we had another DC villain it should be Black Manta. WW's villains aren't as enticing for a fighting game, in all honesty. Atleast not for a Marvel crossover. As of now I think we actually have a very solid DC villain line-up, especially when premieres are taken into account.
I'm very glad we didn't double up, and I can't justify having 2 Hawkeyes out of all of Marvel's characters; especially when it's a hard bargain to have just 2 Robins or 2 Spider-Men.

I definitely felt like Sentry was a unique pick and the idea of The Void (another major Marvel villain btw) really made me want to do it. I just wanted a Superman counterpart in general and him being a 21st Century character pushed me to nominate him for that round, and those pieces all fell in place naturally. If I had done a moveset back then he likely would've stomped the competition and then we'd see Miles shifted to DLC, which I think would have been fine and probably lead to less arguing about how he took the spot of X character (he didn't). And I agree with Ultron and Lois.

I think Peacemaker was needed. Both due to the DCEU rep, and Suicide Squad rep in general (even after the roster ended we only have Harley, Deathstroke, Starro and Peacemaker, and only 2 of those are core members of the actual team).
I think all the guests are great even if the last two don't gel with the roster. I'm still surprised Scott was the very first but either way he was needed at some point.
Hank Pym/Ant-Man in general I kind of already talked about, though I think Hank is a bit more important to the Avengers than majority of the ones who ended up making it (Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Sentry, hell, even Hulk. Bold claim, I know), but either way his time in the Marvel limelight passed a long time ago, and as long as we have Wasp it's fine. If we did have Ant-Man, I would have had Scott and made Hank a premiere. Otherwise I think I covered a lot of the characters you mentioned by name. I'm happy with a lot of these inclusions, too.

Also, read Invincible.

For DC's side, I think we've covered all of the major characters, though admittedly, my almost complete lack of familiarity with Vertigo could mean that there are a bunch of characters from that who I'm not thinking of at the moment. A few that stand out due to their absence are:

Brainiac
(admittedly, I mainly know of him through his reputation as one of the big Superman villains; I don't know how much of a physical threat he is)
Batgirl
(whether it's Barbara, Stephanie, or Cassandra, it would have been nice to include one of them, though I understand that they might overlap with Batman)
Hawkgirl
(or Hawkman; it seems like they'd be functionally identical. I can see why they might be left out, though, given that flying and hitting hard is covered by a lot of different heroes)
Cheetah
(we didn't include any Wonder Woman villains, though the only ones that I can name would be Ares, Cheetah, and Circe)
Captain Cold
(I feel like a Flash villain was the biggest missed opportunity for the base game)
Sinestro
(admittedly, I'm not sure if he'd be very similar to Green Lantern in terms of gameplay; I've only read a bit of Geoff Johns's run)
Scarecrow
(I felt like he could have made for a good stance change character, shifting between his normal appearance and something more monstrous using fear gas)

I'm more familiar with Marvel, so I could go on and on about characters where I feel like they're missing, but there's only so much space in the roster. (though I realize that since I decide the space in the roster, I could easily change it)

Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
(the only founding Avenger who didn't make it into this, though given his reputation and overlap with Jan in terms of abilities, that's understandable)
The Vision
(one of the major members of the Avengers; he didn't seem as popular as I expected he'd be)
America Chavez
(given her role in Dr. Strange 2 and her premise being about hopping between universes, she didn't get nominated as much as I thought, though she's newer than most of the characters that I'm mentioning)
Namor
(considering that he just barely missed out on the base game, I'm surprised he wasn't nominated for the wildcard round - I guess that goes to show that you can't assume that someone else will nominate a character)
Quicksilver
(weirdly enough, he wasn't even nominated a single time)
Mystique
(I probably could have pushed harder for her than I did, but it seems like she'd have a lot of potential)
Shuma-Gorath
(admittedly, in this case, I understand that there could be overlap with Starro, but I find it funny that he was plucked out of obscurity because Capcom staff looked through a book of Marvel characters and picked one that wasn't just a person in a costume)

For guest characters, as I said, I'm happy with our guest line-up; I would have liked to get Judge Dredd in here, but I wouldn't have gotten rid of any of the current guests for him.
Brainiac - Very big physical threat- though after his big presence in I2 and our focus on Darkseid and the Anti-Moniter, I would probably say not to do Brainiac. Perhaps as a boss, which I think would've been a good option for one of the 3 slots but egh.
Actually, as far as DC villains go, Vandal Savage is a big one we missed out on- he only has a cameo in the Hall of Doom. This is mostly due to his powerset being non-existent besides immortality, really, so I get why. Perhaps for Infinity Crisis 2, but with that aside he's not the top idea for DC villains anyway.
I already covered the Batgirls.
Hawkgirl - I'm a little iffy on Hawkgirl. Big fan-favorite, perhaps with more room we could, but I don't consider the Hawks a higher priority than the DC characters we included.
Cheetah - Already kind of covered her. I guess as a DC villain she's one of the bigger names, but her inclusion was barely met with any fanfare in I2 and that would kind of carry over here. I can't get very excited by this character, especially with a lot of playable characters already covering super speed and cats. Ares and Circe would be interesting for sure but not very big names.
Already covered Cold.
Sinestro (And more Lanterns in general) - Okay, so, this is another controversial opinion of mine. The Lanterns are huge in DC. There are like, 9 corps, but we only covered about one. I... am okay with this! We could've definitely gone with Lantern after Lantern in terms of characters, and each one would be unique, since the rings can do literally anything. But, with how limited out roster is, doing more Lanterns eats up large chunks of our limited spaces. So what do I personally think? We made the right call - instead of trying to divide all these character slots to different Lanterns, we put all our focus into one dedicated Lantern and represented the top characters in that Corps.: Hal, Guy, John and Alan really rounds out the representation for just a single team, and it's the main corps, so any GL fan would immediately gravitate towards having all 4 of them. We made the right call and I think it works better than 4 separate characters.
Scarecrow - If we were to have one more Batman villain, my picks would be Scarecrow. The fear gas idea and playing off of toxins I think is really really unique, and there are plenty of Scarecrow storylines that puts him in the A-tier of Batman villains, so I would say he's a good choice. But man, we overdid it with Batman as it. I for one and very happy we put a limit and stopped after Ivy, it just would have been too much, even with 4 more characters.

I already covered Ant-Man and Namor.
Vision - In a Marvel or Avengers dedicated game, I would say to have more Vision. But I think we were fine without doing him- yes, he is a major Avenger, but we really had too many, and we also already picked out like the top 10 names from the team. Vision would probably be one of the immediate follow-ups, along with Black Knight, but this is a case where, while I think the moveset would be interesting, we stopped at the right moment (like Scarecrow). Plus his phase-shifting is covered by Martian Manhunter so that's good.
America Chavez - Her playstyle and moveset would be really interesting, and there is a Multiverse connection there, so in some level it makes sense. But I'm not surprised by her lack of popularity- MoM did have her in it but I don't think that single appearance was enough to push her popularity (in this thread) up, especially since we had the main 2 characters of that film already (Strange and Wanda). She's also not been very notable in the comics so I suppose her exclusion just made sense.
Quicksilver - Another character I'm not surprised about being excluded. On paper, it makes sense to have him as a rival to the Flash, but when it comes to a fighting game where we have to have diverse movesets... we already have the Flash. He does everything Quicksilver does and more, and we got even more speedsters after that with RF, Wally and Jay. He's also had a slump in popularity since his WandaVision fakeout, so there's that. I like his tenure on the X-Men though and if this were a Marvel dedicated game it would make more sense.
Mystique - This is character where I can agree with you on how her lack of popularity was a bit surprising. She is extremely important to the X-Men and has the popularity and uniqueness to back it. With that said, our roster is probably better off without her. If we included her, she would've just played second fiddle to Magneto and said inclusion would then not mean much, plus I think there are other X-Men villains that would make for better characters on their own (Mister Sinister and Apocalypse).
Shuma-Gorath - I would've expected them to be a lot more popular as well, but I guess people wanted to focus on the "main" Marvel Universe more, and wanted to avoid overlap with MvC. He would've made a great rival to Starro, though. What if Starro and Shuma-Gorath kissed and had babies?

Already covered Dredd but yeah he was kind of next in line before Goku and Luffy got nominated.

well,the roster is very good,on my opinion the roster is 8,5/10. i know that put more 2 fighters would be the last characters and the roster would be 80 fighters,but i feel that is missing some characters,here's my options

DC SIDE
Killer Frost
Atrocitus
Enchantress
Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan

MARVEL SIDE
Punisher
Namor
Ant-Man
Green Goblin
Black Widow
Nova

GUEST CHARACTERS
Optimus Prime (Tansformers)
Billy Butcher (The Boys)
Kick-Ass
Hellboy
Savage Dragon
View attachment 364384
Judge Dredd
I already covered V, the Lanterns and Hawkgirl. V would 100% be the next DC character for me.
I also already covered Enchantress but just to briefly touch up on here; her inclusion in Injustice 2 was kind of cross promotion for Suicide Squad and I didn't feel very enthused by her moveset there. I think she would be a lot better gameplay wise in Infinity Crisis and I kind of want this pick disregarding Injustice in general- I think think she'd be very cool.
Killer Frost - If we were going to have an Ice character, I would immediately say Frost. But even then I don't think she is as popular as people are thinking she is. She would at least be fun to have, and I would definitely want to try to represent her redeeming side in this game- I feel like this character was at her best during her redemption arc.
Watchmen Characters - No.

Already covered Punisher, Namor and Ant-Man; these characters do come up a lot though and I know why, and I can agree that there is somewhat of an noticeable absence. But I digress.
Green Goblin - I somewhat addressed this when I talked about the Spidey Universe but I'm glad we didn't go all in with his villains. I think getting more X-Men and solo heroes was a better idea.
Now for Goblin specifically? This is Spidey's biggest villain, so people saying he is missing would make sense. But to me? I'm glad we passed on him. I'm just not very interested in what his potential playstyle would bring; I guess he'd by a flying Joker type, which does sound interesting but I'm not really one to jump on the chance for this character just because of that. Beyond being Spidey's arch-enemy, I don't see anything going for him, which a lot of people would disagree with.
Black Widow - This character is huge. She's a founding MCU Avenger. I definitely get it when people say she is missing. But, and this is a big but, I'm kind of fine with her not being her, and that may just be the popular opinion in this thread anyway because she has not done very well in votes.
Now, why is this the case? I think we just didn't want to go too MCU heavy, and truth be told, she's only really a major Avenger as far as the MCU is concerned. In the comics her membership has been on again, off again, and she's not a founder there or a core cast member like many of the classic members, or even going into the 2000s.
Her abilities are, admittedly, not a lot to write home about. A super spy assassin would be a very cool idea for a character but there already exist better alternatives for that (Winter Soldier, Mystique, Nick Fury), and we do have a lot of gun characters both present on the roster and not present that could've been added as well.
And this is also probably why, but despite having her own movie, she's never really carried her own major solo series like majority of the characters on here have. She's more or less a supporting character 70-80% of the time, whether to Daredevil, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Captain America, Nick Fury or the Avengers as a whole (honestly this is a bit of a problematic thing as well) and that other 20% isn't very notable in terms of story or appearances. Granted, for a female character as popular as her we could've done something to really make her stand-in, but I could also name like 5 other Marvel women who I think are fitting. She-Hulk is one of them, believe it or not!
I also just think we have enough Avengers as is.
Nova - This is a character that I think should've gotten more of a fair shake. Big cosmic hero and represents rhe enrire Nova corps., which also the Marvel equivalent of tje GL core. He was always more popular than Warlock and the Guardians, up until Annihilation, and is still fairly present in cosmic storylines.
Speaking of the Guardians, he has a long history/membership with them, and he bas fighting game veterancy under his belt and a very unique set of powers.
I think it jusr came down to our cosmic line-up being very tight for space and not really lining up in Nova's favor. Star-Lord, Rockey, Marvel and Warlock were all probably more important characters to represent and we couldn't even get all 4; this is also disregarding Silver Surfer and numerous other Guardians.
It's kind of a shame because I would have liked him- he's another character Marvel has kind of been throwing under the bus due to lack of MCU appearances, which I hate, and I would've liked to see him make it in had we had the room.

I mostly covered the bulk of these guests. All of them would've been sweet, Dragon was my personal pick, and they fit in better than the final 2 that did make it in. Except for one.
Optimus Prime - Transformers is my favorite franchise, of all-time. All-time. Hell it's part of the reason I like Hasbro as a whole and why I later started that thread; but he's not a comic book character and I don't really see him as a superhero, nor do I see TF as a superhero franchise (even when it takes after those tropes). It's a sci-fi war franchise mainly. I just don't think Optimus really fits into this line-up of characters, and is better off elsewhere (A.K.A. Hasbro Game Night Fight)

Just to answer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's question about my main, because this is an interesting question. We never really talked about playing the game despite all this effort in trying to make it.
I don't know who my main would be, though. I'm actually pretty bad at fighting games. I do primarily try to main characters I like, so Invincible, I would say (btw read Invincible).

For reference, I never played MvC but my Injustice 2 mains are Harley, Flash, and Sub-Zero. So take that as you will

I want to say, in the end, even despite every weird decision, I'm a fan of the roster and I stick by it. Easy 9/10. Vast majority is still really solid and they make up for the characters I don't like, and even then I think all the characters here are great comic book characters too.

Also, yeah, this was a lot I had to say. This project was the reason I joined Smashboards and I'm very passionate about each and every character that made it in, and our roster as a whole; I love capesh*t to death, after all. But if you made it this far, than I thank you for bearing with me for all of it. This thread will always be one of my favorites on here and I would join for future projects related to this; Infinity Crisis 2, anyone?
---​
I am really sorry about this lateness. It takes me a lot of time to do write-ups like these, and between work and the Hasbro thread that time has been gone. A bit of a shame, I was going to ask if there would be a second chance round for the Guests but that time has since passed. But really, I wanted to get this out ASAP and this timing wasn't up to my standards, but I'm very glad I could do it now. Megadoomer Megadoomer , you should do a collage of the whole roster now that it's complete.
---​
Wow, you reached the end of this 10000 word essay! Check out the Hasbro Game Night Fight thread! We're nominating Takara-Tomy characters! Nominate one!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Just popping in one last time to say I'm sorry for the whole mess that happened after Lois got in. I still really don't like her inclusion and I don't think it works, but I think the way I went about it all was a really bad look and the guilt's been eating me up since then

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Just popping in one last time to say I'm sorry for the whole mess that happened after Lois got in. I still really don't like her inclusion and I don't think it works, but I think the way I went about it all was a really bad look and the guilt's been eating me up since then
You should participate in the Hasbro thread!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We seem to share the same sentiment on it but yes, the DC side of the roster is amazingly solid and could be its own game. Not sure what it would be called; is the name Injustice taken?
But yeah, one thing I liked about our roster was how many different corners of the DC Universe we touched; In fact we ended up getting a little bit of everything and I think that worked out great. I think one more multiverse pick would've been in order (V) and possibly some darker magic characters (Enchantress) or atleast one deity typed (Spectre) but overall we ended up getting so much and I think it makes for the best case scenario roster.

Now, as for your Honorific Mentions...
Of course me being late to the party comes with the first one already being in. Red Hood, that is. Honestly we're all very lucky for the final chance round because I would not have stopped complaining about Red Hood not being in; but he's finally in and it feels so good.
Now for the rest
Monkey Prince - This is a character I didn't know about until you told me about them the other day, but the idea of a monkey superhero being on the roster, and as the descendant of Sun Wukong, is just so funny and interesting to me. If we had another 21st Century DC Job I would go with this.
Captain Cold - Ice characters in general seemed to be pretty popular, between Cold, Killer Frost, Iceman and Mr. Freeze. I suppose it is a bit sad we ended up not getting one in the end despite all the options and all the push. Perhaps Cold isn't the best choice for this but he is a good villain and I can see the appeal behind this.
Vixen - She's a cult fan-favorite and has a very interesting power set. She's not my immediate choice but I totally would've vibed with her inclusion.
Bane - This character isn't that needed and I'm glad he did lose out. He is another one of those S-tier Batman villains like Joker and Ra's, so I guess it is a bit insane to say that, but we did have a lot of the biggest Batman villains, one of which wasn't in Injustice, and Bane wasn't needed for this so I'm glad. Honestly his appearance in Injustice 2 always confused me- It made perfect sense in the first game but he was not really a character I would say needed to return for future games, and I would've cut him (possibly Joker too) for someone else.

As for the Roster Global Warming... I have to say I think that is a bit misconstrued. It is a bit hard to narrow down because some characters don't have their weight class stated (we should fix that) but in terms of glacier-type picks, we did get Hulk and Thing from the get-go, both Darkseid and Thanos; Not quite sure if Starro is heavyweight but his movement would definitely be on par with the others; Venom is somewhat of a powerhouse too. Rocket and Groot is a mix since it's two characters, but Groot is part of it. And then for DLC we ended up getting Gorilla Grodd, which is good because we needed a DLC heavyweight, and Lobo I suppose is more of a midweight but he has a close style, and we ended the roster with She-Hulk. That's not to mention all the fast-moving heavy hitters like Black Adam or Goku; We did really good in this department! A couple more would have been neat, such as Swamp Thing but in the end I think we had less of a Global Warming crisis here and that's a good thing. Spawn also canonically weighs 450 pounds
Batgirls - With all the Batman characters we have I'm glad we didn't go this route, but I think after Red Hood and Ivy, she is the next best option for sure, especially for the Batfamily. Obviously I'd go with Barbara but references to Stephanie and Cassandra would round out the Batgirls nicely. She'd only really be a pick if we had more room but in the end I think we still did good with the Batman characters.
Before I get into those top 6, I'll touch on those briefly mentioned characters.

Clint Barton - Before Kate joined, would have been top contender; After she joined, he doesn't make sense to have, and that's perfectly fine! Hawkeye isn't a character we need 2 of like we do Spider-Man, and while I don't think Kate was still the best option I'm very content with her, and a lot of other people are too. So yeah, we're fine without Clint.
Spidey Universe - On the topic of more Spider-Man characters... I am very glad we didn't do that. Is it huge? Yes, but I think the 4 we have was the best way to represent it. Hell, between all the costumes as well, we have like 6 or 7 Spider-people represented, plus Venom, so if we added Silk or someone along those lines we would've fallen into redundancy. As for the villains, uh, I mean, I guess. But with both Venom and Doc Ock, I don't think more Spidey villains were as needed. I'm fine without having a Goblin, especially since Norman is still on the roster (Iron Patriot), Electro would've been redundant, Mysterio- okay that one's kind of cool actually but we did have a lot of actual magic users so it's fine. Honestly, I think if we got to a point where we added more Spider-Man characters in favor of another X-Men or supernatural hero, it just would've been a bit poor.
Elektra - If this was the 90s or 2000s, her exclusion would probably not fly. But the Daredevil IP isn't really top dog anymore and a lot of other Marvel heroes have grown past her in popularity since those days. I think Daredevil was all we really needed, plus we have Raphael that could sort of stand-in for the playstyle she would've had.
Winter Soldier & Namor - As said before, huge characters, huge exclusions. WS would be first up for me because of his Red Hood connection, and honestly I just loved your moveset for him- I thought about doing one for the Legacy round when I nominated him but opted not to, mostly due to my uncertainty on what his gameplay style would me. Having the metal arm as the unique ability just makes sense, that's his most iconic design aspect and really makes him more than just a gun guy.
Punisher - Believe it or not, I was never very adamant about his character. He was actually nominated a few times but he placed really low in the votes, and I get why. I feel like he is also one of those Marvel characters that used to be top dog but have since been drastically outperformed, and also, we were bound to have a lot of gun characters from the get-go, and as of right now we definitely do. I considered the possibility of Punisher just being a premiere skin for one of the gunners, specifically WS (but with the unique ability it doesn't work), but either way I feel like it is just kind of a waste to give a slot to Punisher. This is a bit controversial, I know, but I just don't think he was needed.
Shang-Chi - Yeah, I already covered him. He is kind of new blood so he's only gotten popular after the movie but I feel like we missed out on martial artist characters and Shan-Chi was the best option for this, also because of his connections to dragons and the ten rings. We're about on the same page, I suppose- this is a big exclusion. (He is on my fan roster for MvC4 though which I think is cool)
Ant-Man - This is a big character everybody claims is missing. I get it; he's a core Avenger, he has his own franchise, and he is very unique. Truth be told i was really planning on pushing for Ant-Man hard in the DLC, and I had a really unique idea for a moveset that I still might do anyway. But the elephant in the room here is also the inclusion of Wasp, a character that I think represents the franchise equally well, is a classic character and a core Avengers, all of that. I think we can all agree Wasp was a great inclusion to have, but having both Ant-Man and Wasp I think just gets muddy, because this is another case where we don't need both. We only need one. I'm glad it was Wasp, but Ant-Man would've been equally great and I get why his absence is highlighted.
Carnage - He is a really popular character, and among all the excluded Spidey villains, I feel like he is the most notable. Truth be told, I think having Venom is good enough; Symbiotes are big but not big enough to take 2 spots in a somewhat limited roster, and Spidey as a whole has a lot. But I really do think on his own Carnage would be really interesting to play as, especially with his newfound powers.

I actually kind of like that Invincible and Scott got in before Spawn and the TMNT. The latter two are the most obvious, yes, but they're really obvious, and have also already been in fighting games; Starting the roster off with the former 2 I think was a good way to do it.
Being fair, since most of Monkey Prince potential is still uncovered I was looking for do him more in account of the mythical figure and some elements of chinese martial arts (since it would be basically the mix of 4 of my favorite things, fighting games, comics, mythology and martial arts!). Also I perfectly understand the negative against the inclusion of more Batman/Spider-Man characters (mostly the later) but I genuilly think that at least one more of each should be fine (maybe not so much with Batman now that Red Hood is in but hey is not that bad, I still defend my suggestion of add Bane, even if yeah there are more heavy characters that it can be thinked at first glance I think that there is still a lack of this more specific type of BIG, STRONG, GRAPPLER, or what are usually mocked "glue sniffers" like Potemkin. Most of the heavy characters arent grapplers and the ones who are (that are only the Thing and maybe Doc Ock) are very reduced and while their movesets are cool I still think that they lack the brutality that Bane could give alongside most recognizable wrestler moves. I can see it more with Spider-Man, thought Green Goblin would have been a great fighter (and definitively even if he is somewhere with his Iron Patriot costume, his most iconic appearence would always be the one with the green mask).

Has I said I'm cool with Kate and I also think there is no reason for have two Hawkeyes, I had this thought in my mind that if Ant-Man was introduced has a base character Wasp would had more chances as DLC than viceversa but I also think that she is a cool option. Shang-Chi not only has a lot of moveset potential but I just think it would be awesome have him alongside other skilled martial artist to not only prove their strength but maybe even teach his methods (did you know that when Peter lost his Spider-Sense Shang-Chi trained him for create an unique fighting style named The Way of the Spider?)

I understand your reasoning about Punisher, but I still think that he could have ben a good and weirdly overlooked addition especially since in this last "out of my chest" mentions there are various mentions about him but that isn't represented in the thread history with him only being submitted a few times and most of them ranking very low.

I also share a lot the feeling with She-Hulk, I don't have anything against her is just that I had....nothing, yeah she just don't transmist to me nothing. I was expecting more Namor or Warlock instead but it was she and the end. But well if she managed to reach this far it was because other people thinked she was worth it so I guess it's fine.
Just to answer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's question about my main, because this is an interesting question. We never really talked about playing the game despite all this effort in trying to make it.
I don't know who my main would be, though. I'm actually pretty bad at fighting games. I do primarily try to main characters I like, so Invincible, I would say (btw read Invincible).

For reference, I never played MvC but my Injustice 2 mains are Harley, Flash, and Sub-Zero. So take that as you will
Hey I also main Flash and Sub-Zero! (alongside Hood and Darkseid, and a little of Bane and Supergirl but I aren't good with either), while MvC I played all of them but 90% of my time was expended in UMvC3 with Dante/Vergil/Akuma has my main team, yeah all of them are from Capcom but in terms of Marvel I usually play with Doom and Deadpool from time to time. I would also like to know about that MvC4 roster of yours, you can post it in the roster creation thread!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Well this is a little embarrasing but in the end I will drop out the rewritting, I tried VERY HARD to do them but I had nothing. I was mainly aiming for give Gwen more unique moves (mainly add her special one-use only shield that could be activaded using an attack button + the UA button and could have block completely a move once per match and for Red Hood I was looking for make him more different to his Injustice version but I'm dryed, sorry.

For the other hand I will look forward to make some endings and interactions, yeah I know that it was something I was mentioning MANY TIMES BEFORE but now that we are already ending with all the characters I think I can work with it. Maybe, who knows. I hope so. I should probably don't send a bad message about my forgiveness.

Either way, has I said with the Gwenpool costumes, I saved her Evil Future self has a premiere costume so that's my submission!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As rveent DC characters go, I was thinking Dreamer (the trans character introduced in Supergirl and who made her way to the comics this year) would be neat but I enver had the chnage to submit her.

I may give my roster thoughts in a full post soon

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, since the roster is finished, I thought it'd be appropriate to finally get my final thoughts in. This thread was a wild ride and now we're at the end, it seems. Just to clear some things up; For the Red Hood moveset, I'm much more interested in seeing Infinity Sorcerer's write-up included, since it makes numerous improvements to my original. I'm going to pass on She-Hulk; I like the character but her power set didn't interest me as much as the other potential characters (which I have a lot to say on, good and bad). I'm going to mix in my own thoughts and replies, and I'll go ahead and just rate all the character people claimed were missing.
I won't quote the whole thing to avoid stretching the page too far. I do agree that Black Adam probably should have been in the base game, but I'm not sure who I'd move to DLC for him. While I haven't read much that features Martian Manhunter, he seems like a character who's seriously underrated, and I remember feeling like him being a background cameo in Injustice (before he was released as DLC) felt like a missed opportunity even back when Injustice 1 came out and I was even less familiar with DC than I am now.

I was surprised that Namor didn't make it in; I get why you're disappointed with She-Hulk as a finale, but I'll see what I can do for her moveset. (I felt like her Marvel vs. Capcom 3 moveset wasn't especially creative even back when that game came out, and now that I have Marvel Unlimited and I've read series featuring the character, there's so much more that can be done with her) We did put a lot of emphasis on the Avengers in this roster, though I suppose their prominence in the MCU helps with that; I would have liked to include at least one more woman from the X-Men franchise, whether it's Rogue, Mystique, Psylocke, or someone else that I'm not thinking of. (Kitty Pryde could be interesting in a fighting game setting, though it would probably be tough to balance intangibility as a power)

I'll try to make a collage of the full roster, though the image will likely be pretty big.

No worries; it happens. There's no way to please everyone, and it's inevitable that at least one of the outcomes in threads like this is going to leave someone disappointed. (I've seen plenty of other people express disappointment in the inclusions of Starro, Luffy, Goku, Scott Pilgrim, etc.)

---

I was going to submit Evil Future Gwenpool as a premiere costume, but that's been covered. I can't think of any premiere costumes for Luffy or Goku, and all I know about Booster comes from the series 52, and I'm still reading through it. (I'm about halfway done)

I tried to come up with a Gwenpool moveset that was different enough to justify a separate nomination, like having Gwenpool using her medium awareness with the fact that she's in a video game to do things that she normally wouldn't be able to do even in the comics, but all I came up with was rocket-jumping as an anti-air and a special move where she used Debug Mode to summon a bunch of random projectiles, with the player being able to move a cursor to choose where the random projectiles spawn. I'm fine with using the moveset that NanayaGaming NanayaGaming had posted earlier, and I can add that to the first post.

As I said earlier, I'll see what I can come up with for a She-Hulk moveset and post that in the next day or so.

EDIT: I've got an idea for an arcade mode ending, and I'll edit in more as I think of them.

After defeating Thanoseid, Gwenpool gets ahold of the Infinity Gauntlet. As she thinks about all of the fun things she could do with it, a small part of her wants to see her parents and her brother again. The screen fades to white...

...and Gwen wakes up in a hospital bed surrounded by her family. Apparently, a shelf of her Marvel memorabilia tipped over on top of her, and she's been in a coma ever since. Just as Gwen is talking about how much she missed them and she's going to turn her life around, the image is slashed in half.

Gwen (in her costume) climbs out of the hole in the image, complaining about this ending. She finally made it to the big leagues, a full Marvel vs. DC crossover game, and her ending is THIS?! The writer tries to justify it by saying that they were going for an anti-escapism message, but Gwen isn't having any of it. Nobody's going to buy Gwenpool's DLC and beat arcade mode as her (which means that they're either fans of hers or completionists) just to see an "it was all a dream" ending! She tells the writer to fix it.

Smash cut to Gwen hosting the biggest pool party in LA, with all sorts of DC and Marvel heroes invited. Gwen makes a comment like "that's more like it!"

Johnny Blaze is riding his bike along a desert highway, talking to himself about how the Rider is even more insatiable now that the two worlds have combined. Two worlds means roughly twice as many sinners, and even more vengeance that needs to be dealt out. His monologue is interrupted when he sees a cloaked figure in his headlight. Skidding to a stop, he sees the Spectre, DC's divine spirit of vengeance.

The Spectre explains that he is in need of a host in order to carry out his work, and given Johnny's experience with hosting a spirit of vengeance, he will make for an excellent host once Zarathos (the Ghost Rider spirit) has been removed. Zarathos doesn't like that at all, emerging in full to take on the Spectre as Johnny can only watch the Biblical carnage - no matter how far he rides, he won't escape these two.

(the Spectre would presumably win with hilarious ease, though the outcome isn't shown)

J'onn is meditating on the plains of Mars, thinking to himself about what it was once like, and how much he has lost over the years. However, his thoughts turn to what he has gained over the years - the Justice League, his niece Miss Martian, and his friendships with the people of Earth through various shapeshifted identities.

As M'gann walks up to him to introduce him to the people of Arakko, the Marvel mutant nation that settled on Mars, J'onn thinks that the time of mourning the past is over, and now, he should turn his attention to how Mars can grow and thrive.

As Ultron overlooks a burning New York City, one of his drones approaches him with an alert that a ship has entered the atmosphere. Ultron flies up to the skull-shaped ship, meeting with Brainiac, who offers an alliance. Brainiac wants to continue his quest to assimilate all knowledge in the multiverse, now that the barriers have been weakened, but it would be difficult if everyone was aware of his true nature. Rather than destroying the planets himself, he wishes to have Ultron destroy the planets at some point after Brainiac leaves to provide him with plausible deniability. This way, they both get what they want.

Ultron considers this for a fraction of a second, and rejects this offer. No one but Ultron shall determine Ultron's path through the multiverse. Sections of Ultron's body slide back, revealing that the Infinity Stones have been embedded into his body. He drains Brainiac's consciousness using the Mind Stone, leaving the ship a hollow shell for Ultron to insert his own consciousness into. Using the knowledge gathered by Brainiac, he plans to find a material even stronger than Adamantium in order to upgrade himself before continuing his campaign of destruction throughout all universes.

Luffy returns to his crew, revealing that he's got two new recruits when he went off to see the new worlds - Harley Quinn as an entertainer and Poison Ivy as a botanist! Most of the crew freaks out that he recruited people from other worlds so suddenly, though Sanji and Brook are predictably excited about this development. Ivy's still not sure about all of this, but Harley's always wanted to be a pirate! Sure, Luffy isn't exactly Johnny Depp, but it seems like it'll be fun!

Before the crew can get too far, they're spotted by a Marine ship - Smoker has found the Straw Hats thanks to the help of Batman. As the Marines and Batman pursue the Straw Hats, Luffy excitedly gives the order to set sail!

The ending focuses on some of Squirrel Girl's friends (Nancy, Chipmunk Hunk, Koi Boy, and Howard the Duck) narrowly stopping a team-up between Sportsmaster, Paste-Pot Pete, and Kite-Man from attacking New York University for the university's poor sports performance, the university's strict requirements for their art programs, and the university's campaign to plant more trees, respectively. As they stand over the defeated supervillains, they wonder "where's Doreen?"

Meanwhile, in the anti-matter universe...

"Wow, Tippy-Toe, I can't believe we just beat the Anti-Monitor!"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

She-Hulk moveset

Unique Ability: Gratuitous Cameo!
- comic books often use big cameo appearances to boost sales, and She-Hulk's no stranger to this tactic! She'll call in help from a fellow Avenger, Hercules, to hit the opponent with a big swinging punch and tank at least one attack for her. (not that she needs him to, but he likes showing off) If She-Hulk gets premiere costumes, this character can be changed to someone with a similar build.

Drop Kick (back, forward, attack) - She-Hulk leaps forward, hitting the opponent with a drop kick while getting plenty of horizontal movement.

Decreasing the Sale Price (quarter circle back + attack) - She-Hulk digs her fingers into the background, ripping into it like it's a comic page before yanking on it. If the opponent is caught in the distortion effect caused by this, they'll be pulled towards her.

Piledriver (down, up, attack) - She-Hulk leaps into the air, trying to grab the opponent. If she succeeds, she'll treat them to a piledriver, slamming them into the ground head-first.

Gamma Bomb (quarter circle forward + attack) - a command grab similar to a power bomb, except once She-Hulk grabs the opponent, she leaps high into the air before tossing them to the ground. She doesn't move forward, so it doesn't have much range.

Gorilla Press (half circle forward + attack) - another command grab where She-Hulk effortlessly lifts the opponent over her head with both hands before slamming them into the ground. The opponent bounces up from the force of the slam, making it a good way to start off a combo, though it doesn't have much range to it.

(if anyone who's more familiar with wrestling can offer better suggestions for moves, I'd gladly take them - I wanted to make She-Hulk more of a pure grappling type since we don't really have those)

Level 1: Girder Glider (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - She-Hulk grabs a steel girder from off-screen and bends it in half like it was made of cardboard. She throws it as though it was a massive steel boomerang.

Level 2: Sensational Stomp (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - She-Hulk leans back before stomping on the ground, sending a wave of debris forwards and backwards.

Level 3: Breaking the Fourth Wall (press all buttons) - She-Hulk charges into the opponent shoulder-first, and if she connects, they both crash through the edge of the screen, winding up on the main menu. As the opponent looks around confused (though maybe the likes of Deadpool and Gwenpool would take it in stride), She-Hulk beats up the opponent, undaunted by the change in setting. She hits the opponent so hard that they hit the button to go to the options menu, where she continues to pummel them as they hit various settings, messing with the sound and appearance of the game. (there's a brief moment where She-Hulk's beatdown brings up the "erase data" option - she pauses before hitting 'No' and continuing the pummeling) With one big kick, she sends them flying back onto the stage, ending the super.

---

Sorry about the delay; I wanted to get a She-Hulk move-set typed up.

As I said earlier, we'll be going with the Gwenpool moveset that NanayaGaming posted earlier. Luffy, Goku, and Booster Gold won't get premiere costumes, and here's the poll for Gwenpool's premiere costume.

Here's the poll for the Red Hood's moveset, out of the following options:

-Infinity Sorcerer
-1SecondNinja

Now, for the final proper job in this thread (unless there's something that I'm forgetting, which has happened in the past)...

Job 275: nominate premiere costumes for Red Hood and She-Hulk

The thread will still be open beyond this point, for anyone to submit trading cards, arcade mode endings, character interactions, or even if they want to do something like posting moveset ideas for characters who didn't make it in. Admittedly, She-Hulk's premiere costumes might depend on what we wind up using for a moveset, but I'm sure that changes could be specified if we go in a different direction than what I've posted above for her moves.

I've got ideas for She-Hulk, at least, and I'll post a collage (along with trivia about the Marvel side of the roster) when I have the time.

EDIT: She-Hulk premiere costumes

1. Red She-Hulk
If you hang around with Bruce Banner long enough, you're likely going to be turned into a Hulk, as Betty Ross found out the hard way. Her current mutated form in the comics is more monstrous and harpy-like, but if we've got Red Hulk, I don't see why we shouldn't have Red She-Hulk as well.

For "Decreasing the Sale Price", she has a different animation where she uses some kind of gravity gun that Bruce made which has the same effect, and her level 3 is "One Woman Wrecking Crew", where she smashes the opponent into a building set to be demolished instead and tears it down around them while beating them up. Her Unique Ability summons Doc Samson instead of Hercules.
2. Titania
She-Hulk's arch-nemesis, who's pretty similar to her physically, so she'd made for a good premiere costume. She's obsessed with beating She-Hulk, so it makes sense that she'd follow her here.

For "Decreasing the Sale Price", she uses an AIM-branded gravity gun that's otherwise identical to Red She-Hulk's. Her level 3 is the same as Red She-Hulk's, and her unique ability has her summon her husband, Crusher Creel a.k.a. the Absorbing Man.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry about the delay; I wanted to make one final collage, but it took longer than expected between making panels for all of the premiere costumes and organizing the panels. (and even then, I made a small error with doing that) I really hope I didn't wind up leaving anyone out.

We'll use Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset for Red Hood and my moveset for She-Hulk! (nobody else indicated that they planned to do a She-Hulk moveset) Gwenpool will get her evil future version as a premiere costume, and going by the results of that poll, I don't think anyone will mind if She-Hulk gets Red She-Hulk and Titania as premiere costumes.

With that in mind, we've effectively finished DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis!

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for participating in this thread! This proved to be far more successful than what I had originally expected!

The thread will still be open if people want to post character interactions, victory quotes, trading cards, arcade mode endings, or anything else that seems like it would relate to the topic of this thread.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
And now for an opening dialogue:

Deadpool vs. Gwenpool:
Deadpool: “groans That annoying teen girl, of all places… I FOUND YOU, FAKER!”
Gwen: “Really? A video game reference? At least that one has a comic adaptation…”
Deadpool: “Open wide, kiddo, because if the Player has subtitles on, THEY’RE GOING STRAIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT! TERIYAAAAAAAH!”

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
In a similar vein to cashregister's submission, I want to submit a Kamen Rider, especifically, Kamen Rider Decade, a.k.a. Tsukusa Kadoya; an interdimensional traveler who originally was a conqueror but end having amnesia in one of his travels forgetting this particular past.

I opted for Decade by a very simple reason, and is that while every Kamen Rider have different transformtion, Decade can transform into any previous Kamen Rider, allowing us to rep multiple riders at once (maybe even they could cound as premiere costumes including a version of them with their own voice lines!), the options are limitless, but trying to give some ideas, maybe 5 or 6 transformations, each one with the same normals but their own specials quite in the same fashion as the TMNT, between the options there it could be:
DEN-O
KUUGA
W
BLADE
BUILD
ZERO-ONE
SABER
So I just reminded I submitted a Kamen Rider here time before I actually watched the series and god this was an awful way to sell it, considering that there it was people willing to give the point to a KR rep I just wanted to give my updated concept even if of course the whole project is finished.

First for all...

WHAT THE HELL IS KAMEN RIDER????
Kamen Rider is a franchise created by Shotaro Ishinomori, the man behind other series apart of Kamen Rider like Cyborg 009, Kikaider and the popular Super Sentai series better know in Occident as Power Rangers due Saban's adaptation. The origin of Kamen Rider starts with another lesser know franchise of Ishinomori named The Skull Man, a more crude and dark story about an orphan whose parents where murdered and grows with a latent bloodthirst seeking revenge now has an adult using his power to transform into deadly mosnters.
1681255900186.png
Initially Ishinomori had a contract with Toei Company to adapt Skull Man but the gruesome and dark nature of the series wasn't what Toei was searching and instead of just cancel the contract they told to Ishinomori to make a different series. Ishinomori taked certain elements of Skull Man (very noticeable with the helmet and those iconic eyes that resembled a grasshopper so he decided to build a new hero around this idea, some time later in April 3th of 1971 a new series was born.
Kamen Rider was the story of Takeshi Hongo, a man who was transformed into a cyborg by the evil and definitively not a reference to the n*zis organization S.H.O.C.K.E.R. who where looking for create an army of brainwashed superhuman soldiers for their plans of world domination. Due an error, Takeshi was able to wake up before he was brainwashed and now use his powers to stop Shocker as the Kamen Rider (Literally the Masked Rider), the hero that he can transform (henshin!) using his special belt called Typhoon with the power of wind, usually using his motorcycle Cyclone to activate it thought eventually he managed to only absorb the wind in general to transform. Eventually another man, the photographer Hayato Ichimonji, was also kidnapped to become Kamen Rider 2 (or Nigo) but it was saved by Takeshi and then they both became a team with Hongo changing his title to Kamen Rider 1 (or Ichigo).

Alongside the TV series, a manga writted and illustrated by Ishinomori was published with the same name, in this work the story was somewhat similar at the start but eventually it taked their own path (most noticeably by the fact that the manga had 4 volumes and the series had 98 episodes being the longest run in the whole franchise.

After that there it was more series, 33 of them at the moment to be exact (not counting things like Web series, V-Cinemas, etc) and is one of the main examples in the Tokusatsu genre. It has some....curious presence here in occident with the bizarre adaptation of Black RX by Saban and the more enjoyable adaptation of Ryuki in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight and also a comic of Zero-One that I never readed but I know it does exist, but most of the presence of Kamen Rider was in the form of references and inspirations that you can find in a lot of different media. Just for make a quick example the new movie of Blue Beetle it really does give some KR vibes!

Now, after this long exposition for something that it doesn't even be added, which Kamen Rider we will rep?, there it was 3 Kamen Riders nominated in this thread's history: Kuuga, the first series of the Heisei Era working has a revival to the franchise; Double, the lead of the "Neo Heisei" era that bringed a new generation of fans and set new standards in the franchise and Decade, the anniversary of the first 10th years of Kamen Rider in the Heisei era. While all of them are very good there is a final thing I want to talk before revealing my (to be honest, quite obvious if you see what I was talking more before) decision of which character should have been the selected for be part of this crossover.

1681258433208.png

The Shin Japan Heroes Universe (or SJHU for short, or Shin Universe or Shinverse that is the way I'll be refering it) is a project leaded by the famous director Hideaki Anno, despite the name, this isn't an universe like the one of Marvel in Hollywood (or at least it seems like that unless those reference in Shin Ultraman where more than just cameos) but some sort of "readaptation" of 4 selected very popular franchise in Japan: Godzilla, Ultraman, Neon Genesis Evangelion and of course, Kamen Rider. The lead products under this collaboration are the "Shin" movies where Shin means "New" under this context, so then we have Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, "Shin Evangelion" (Technically all the movies of Rebuild series are Shin Evangelion but 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon A Time is the one actually named Shin Evangelion in Japan) and of course we also have...

Shin Kamen Rider, the adaptation of the original series of 1971 and also a movie made for the anniversary of the series (it has been promotionated for the 50th anniversary but like most anniversary things in Kamen Rider about the original series it end being delayed until some years after), for the moment is only in Japan but we are hoping to see this product one day here in overseas. The critical's opinion about the movie is a little mixed but the general (japanese) audience celebrated this movie and considering that this is one of Kamen Rider's biggest projects outside their main series Geats that honestly....it doesn't seem to interesing for me, and the fact that I think the original Kamen Rider has a lot of things that we can compare with the other fighters of the project like Captain America (superhumans fighting evil organizations with suspicious resemblance to certain infamous organization of the real life and an infamous relation with cold temperatures), Spider-Man (considering Supaidaman, the tokusatsu adaptation of Spider-Man apart of the general insect theming even if the one with Kamen Rider is only in terms of design), Blue Beetle (apart of the same insect resemblance with Spider-Man but also the suit even if Jaime's suit is a lot more technological), and a small etc., that's why my selection is:

GUEST FIGHTER SUBMISSION JUST FOR FUN
KAMEN RIDER ICHIGO
Ok....we finally have the context, the unnecesary context that I wanted to bring to something that we are not going to add, but whatever. Takeshi Hongo (that in-game would mostly only be refered as Kamen Rider) is a rushdown character with a very straightforward gameplan, punch (and kick) your opponents very hard. He is basically your regular martial fighter...or it was if wasn't for the fact that he is a freaking cyborg so even if his moves may seem very normal or even boring to the game's standards this man's force is measured by TONS being able to catch hands with opponets like Hulk so don't subestimate him.

KAMEN RIDER MOVESET
NOTE: I finally watched Shin Kamen Rider, a damn great movie, and since this is supposed to be based on that movie, there is a now revamped version of the moveset (WIP), the old one can still be visible if you click the spoiler tag below.
Unique Action: Rider Jump
Takeshi leaps to the air with a very unique SFX doing a flip, and that's it...unless you press an attack button!

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Rider Punch​
A during Rider Jump​
Ichigo does a small dash before performing a straight punch in the air.
Rider Chop​
B during Rider Jump​
Ichigo does a falling karate chop that provokes soft knockdown to the opponent.
Rider Kick​
C during Rider Jump​
Of course, the strongest attack can't be anything except the Rider Kick! Ichigo performs a dive kick that provokes hard knockdown to the opponent.

You can perform the jump forward or backwards to have more options to attack.

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Rider Punch​
236 + X​
The grounded version of the Rider Punch, this is more effective than the air version covering more range and dealing more damage​
Rider Chop​
214 + X​
The grounded version of the Rider Chop, Ichigo does a vertical down chop that he can follow with a rising chop if
Rider Kick​
236 + X (Midair)​
This move is quite different to the version you can pull during Rider Jump, it doesn't only has different angle options using the buttons but also it can be performed up to 3 times with the final one piercing the opponent and dealing the most damage even with a mini explosion.
Rider Nage​
623 + X​
Kamen Rider's counter grab, in a succesful counter Takeshi grabs the opponent from the arm and does a judo throw ending with a huge punch.
Level 1 Super:
Rider Break
236236 + X​
Ichigo jumps offscreen and then quickly reappears mounting his Rider Machine: Cyclone and races towards the opponent running over them.
Level 2 Super:
Rider Double Kick
214214 + X​
A semi-cinematic super where Hayato, Kamen Rider Nigo, appears to help Ichigo attacking the opponent with an uppercut, if success then they both jump and perform a rider kick at the same time that does a lot of damage.
Level 3 Super:
Kamen World
All Buttons Pressed​
With the name coming from the final arc of the manga and the planned sequel to the Shin movie and the move being a reference to multiple All Riders finishers in multiple movies, Ichigo pulls a pose and then attacks the opponent to teleport them to a cinematic that starts with all main riders covering the sky using their Rider Machines leaded by Ichigo, then all of them jump from their motorcycles with a flip and descends all at once with Ichigo doing the final strike in an attack so powerful that creates a huge explosion while they pose epicly.
SOMETHING ADDITIONAL...
Since this is 100% just a concept, I decided to jump and do the suits too, I was thinking in also do interactions but my head isn't smart enough and it's very late while I'm writting this. Note that I stretched the costumes a lot since there aren't enough unique variations of Ichigo's costume. The main costume will be the one of Shin Kamen Rider because it is the most recent version that suits better with the aesthetic of the rest of fighters.

COATED
CLASSIC
NEW
1681267082908.png
MANGA
THE FIRST
POWER UP
TAKESHI HONGO
1681267187715.png

Btw Takeshi's costume is supposed to still have the suit only that without the mask.

Takeshi's rival would of course be Captain America, its the character that has more connections with him.

I arent good with endings, but I think it would be funny one where Ichigo and Nigo befriends other heroes like Cap, Spidey, Batman, Wolverine and others make their own Super Sentai Team for defeat Dai-Shocker (bonus points if they reference Demons and Evil with Spidey and Bats).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
And well, that's it! What was the point of this? I have no idea, I was bored and remembered this and I think I wanted to make justice to the one that now is one of my favorite franchises.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
So I just reminded I submitted a Kamen Rider here time before I actually watched the series and god this was an awful way to sell it, considering that there it was people willing to give the point to a KR rep I just wanted to give my updated concept even if of course the whole project is finished.

First for all...

WHAT THE HELL IS KAMEN RIDER????
Kamen Rider is a franchise created by Shotaro Ishinomori, the man behind other series apart of Kamen Rider like Cyborg 009, Kikaider and the popular Super Sentai series better know in Occident as Power Rangers due Saban's adaptation. The origin of Kamen Rider starts with another lesser know franchise of Ishinomori named The Skull Man, a more crude and dark story about an orphan whose parents where murdered and grows with a latent bloodthirst seeking revenge now has an adult using his power to transform into deadly mosnters.
Initially Ishinomori had a contract with Toei Company to adapt Skull Man but the gruesome and dark nature of the series wasn't what Toei was searching and instead of just cancel the contract they told to Ishinomori to make a different series. Ishinomori taked certain elements of Skull Man (very noticeable with the helmet and those iconic eyes that resembled a grasshopper so he decided to build a new hero around this idea, some time later in April 3th of 1971 a new series was born.
Kamen Rider was the story of Takeshi Hongo, a man who was transformed into a cyborg by the evil and definitively not a reference to the n*zis organization S.H.O.C.K.E.R. who where looking for create an army of brainwashed superhuman soldiers for their plans of world domination. Due an error, Takeshi was able to wake up before he was brainwashed and now use his powers to stop Shocker as the Kamen Rider (Literally the Masked Rider), the hero that he can transform (henshin!) using his special belt called Typhoon with the power of wind, usually using his motorcycle Cyclone to activate it thought eventually he managed to only absorb the wind in general to transform. Eventually another man, the photographer Hayato Ichimonji, was also kidnapped to become Kamen Rider 2 (or Nigo) but it was saved by Takeshi and then they both became a team with Hongo changing his title to Kamen Rider 1 (or Ichigo).

Alongside the TV series, a manga writted and illustrated by Ishinomori was published with the same name, in this work the story was somewhat similar at the start but eventually it taked their own path (most noticeably by the fact that the manga had 4 volumes and the series had 98 episodes being the longest run in the whole franchise.

After that there it was more series, 33 of them at the moment to be exact (not counting things like Web series, V-Cinemas, etc) and is one of the main examples in the Tokusatsu genre. It has some....curious presence here in occident with the bizarre adaptation of Black RX by Saban and the more enjoyable adaptation of Ryuki in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight and also a comic of Zero-One that I never readed but I know it does exist, but most of the presence of Kamen Rider was in the form of references and inspirations that you can find in a lot of different media. Just for make a quick example the new movie of Blue Beetle it really does give some KR vibes!

Now, after this long exposition for something that it doesn't even be added, which Kamen Rider we will rep?, there it was 3 Kamen Riders nominated in this thread's history: Kuuga, the first series of the Heisei Era working has a revival to the franchise; Double, the lead of the "Neo Heisei" era that bringed a new generation of fans and set new standards in the franchise and Decade, the anniversary of the first 10th years of Kamen Rider in the Heisei era. While all of them are very good there is a final thing I want to talk before revealing my (to be honest, quite obvious if you see what I was talking more before) decision of which character should have been the selected for be part of this crossover.

The Shin Japan Heroes Universe (or SJHU for short, or Shin Universe or Shinverse that is the way I'll be refering it) is a project leaded by the famous director Hideaki Anno, despite the name, this isn't an universe like the one of Marvel in Hollywood (or at least it seems like that unless those reference in Shin Ultraman where more than just cameos) but some sort of "readaptation" of 4 selected very popular franchise in Japan: Godzilla, Ultraman, Neon Genesis Evangelion and of course, Kamen Rider. The lead products under this collaboration are the "Shin" movies where Shin means "New" under this context, so then we have Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, "Shin Evangelion" (Technically all the movies of Rebuild series are Shin Evangelion but 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon A Time is the one actually named Shin Evangelion in Japan) and of course we also have...

Shin Kamen Rider, the adaptation of the original series of 1971 and also a movie made for the anniversary of the series (it has been promotionated for the 50th anniversary but like most anniversary things in Kamen Rider about the original series it end being delayed until some years after), for the moment is only in Japan but we are hoping to see this product one day here in overseas. The critical's opinion about the movie is a little mixed but the general (japanese) audience celebrated this movie and considering that this is one of Kamen Rider's biggest projects outside their main series Geats that honestly....it doesn't seem to interesing for me, and the fact that I think the original Kamen Rider has a lot of things that we can compare with the other fighters of the project like Captain America (superhumans fighting evil organizations with suspicious resemblance to certain infamous organization of the real life and an infamous relation with cold temperatures), Spider-Man (considering Supaidaman, the tokusatsu adaptation of Spider-Man apart of the general insect theming even if the one with Kamen Rider is only in terms of design), Blue Beetle (apart of the same insect resemblance with Spider-Man but also the suit even if Jaime's suit is a lot more technological), and a small etc., that's why my selection is:

KAMEN RIDER ICHIGO
Ok....we finally have the context, the unnecesary context that I wanted to bring to something that we are not going to add, but whatever. Takeshi Hongo (that in-game would mostly only be refered as Kamen Rider) is a rushdown character with a very straightforward gameplan, punch (and kick) your opponents very hard. He is basically your regular martial fighter...or it was if wasn't for the fact that he is a freaking cyborg so even if his moves may seem very normal or even boring to the game's standards this man's force is measured by TONS being able to catch hands with opponets like Hulk so don't subestimate him.

KAMEN RIDER MOVESET
Unique Action: Rider Jump
Takeshi leaps to the air with a very unique SFX doing a flip, and that's it...unless you press an attack button!

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Rider Punch​
A during Rider Jump​
Ichigo does a small dash before performing a straight punch in the air.
Rider Chop​
B during Rider Jump​
Ichigo does a falling karate chop that provokes soft knockdown to the opponent.
Rider Kick​
C during Rider Jump​
Of course, the strongest attack can't be anything except the Rider Kick! Ichigo performs a dive kick that provokes hard knockdown to the opponent.

You can perform the jump forward or backwards to have more options to attack.

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Rider Punch​
236 + X​
The grounded version of the Rider Punch, this is more effective than the air version covering more range and dealing more damage​
Rider Chop​
214 + X​
The grounded version of the Rider Chop, Ichigo does a vertical down chop that he can follow with a rising chop if
Rider Kick​
236 + X (Midair)​
This move is quite different to the version you can pull during Rider Jump, it doesn't only has different angle options using the buttons but also it can be performed up to 3 times with the final one piercing the opponent and dealing the most damage even with a mini explosion.
Rider Nage​
623 + X​
Kamen Rider's counter grab, in a succesful counter Takeshi grabs the opponent from the arm and does a judo throw ending with a huge punch.
Level 1 Super:
Rider Break
236236 + X​
Ichigo jumps offscreen and then quickly reappears mounting his Rider Machine: Cyclone and races towards the opponent running over them.
Level 2 Super:
Rider Double Kick
214214 + X​
A semi-cinematic super where Hayato, Kamen Rider Nigo, appears to help Ichigo attacking the opponent with an uppercut, if success then they both jump and perform a rider kick at the same time that does a lot of damage.
Level 3 Super:
Kamen World
All Buttons Pressed​
With the name coming from the final arc of the manga and the planned sequel to the Shin movie and the move being a reference to multiple All Riders finishers in multiple movies, Ichigo pulls a pose and then attacks the opponent to teleport them to a cinematic that starts with all main riders covering the sky using their Rider Machines leaded by Ichigo, then all of them jump from their motorcycles with a flip and descends all at once with Ichigo doing the final strike in an attack so powerful that creates a huge explosion while they pose epicly.

SOMETHING ADDITIONAL...
Since this is 100% just a concept, I decided to jump and do the suits too, I was thinking in also do interactions but my head isn't smart enough and it's very late while I'm writting this. Note that I stretched the costumes a lot since there aren't enough unique variations of Ichigo's costume. The main costume will be the one of Shin Kamen Rider because it is the most recent version that suits better with the aesthetic of the rest of fighters.

COATED
CLASSIC
NEW
MANGA
THE FIRST
POWER UP
TAKESHI HONGO

Btw Takeshi's costume is supposed to still have the suit only that without the mask.
And well, that's it! What was the point of this? I have no idea, I was bored and remembered this and I think I wanted to make justice to the one that now is one of my favorite franchises.
It would be funny if Segata Sanshiro was a costume, since the actor played both characters.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Since it was very fundo the first one I want to try and do a pair more of concepts that I wanted to share. It would be cool if more people tries to do his too! Today I'm following this idea for the "Shin Japan Hero Universe Pack" with....

WHAT THE HELL IS ULTRAMAN????
Similar to Kamen Rider, Ultraman's story start with another series, this time being Ultra Q, an X-Files esque series created by Eiji Tsuburaya about monsters and aliens, it was very popular back then in Japan at 1966 since it had a very interesing trait, it bringed the Kaiju fever to the TVs in a weekly schedule, something that nobody thinked it was posible back then.

When Ultra Q was going to an end Tsuburaya was contacted by the television broadcast to create a new series that mantained the same monster motif of Ultra Q but with a twist, now they where searching for a hero that fought them. Uncountable designs where made for this character but then one of them nailed it, the incarnation of Truth, Justice, and Beauty.

Then in July 17th of 1966, the japaneses where able to see at first sight the born of a new hero
Ultraman told the story of a world where the Earth was attacked constantly by monsters that came from either the deeps of the earth or outer space, an organization called SSSP (Space Science Search Party) was formated to deal with them. One of their memebers, Shin Hayata, was a pilot that during a flight he collisioned with a mysterious orb that it was an alien from the Land of Light who was looking for a monster (their species was like the space police), this giant decided to fuse with him to save his life giving him the device named Beta Capsule for one he needed he will be able to call him and become Ultraman!

Ultraman's debut was a hit success, with more than a third of the whole population of Japan synthonizing his first adventure and mantaining a healthy amount of public during his 39 episodes. Ultraman created a new wave of tokusatsu series with a focus on their heroes, without Ultraman, there it wouldn't be Kamen Rider, Super Sentai or even maybe Godzilla wouldn't be able to mantain for too long. While a sci-fi series with special effects sounds too common these days, I would like to remind that Ultraman is even older than Star Trek (while they released the same year Ultraman had some months of advantage).

Ultraman's legacy mantains until these days, considered the series with the biggest amount of spin offs, his cultural impact reached even overseas with different series having a sort of inspiration or reference to this character, I personally always remind Way Big from Ben 10 has my first interaction with Ultraman's legacy.

Ultraman's connections with the comic industry is stronger than Kamen Rider's, with a series of comics published by Marvel Comics being printed in 2020. I didn't readed them yet but I heared favorable opinions of it, also while the comics aren't canonic for the Marvel Universe, he does have crossovers with some Marvel heroes like Spider-Man.

As you may already know due the previous write, Ultraman became part of the ambitious Shin Japan Hero Universe alongside Godzilla, Kamen Rider and Evangelion. The leader works of this project where a series of movies that deconstructed and paid tribute to their original counterparts. In Shin Ultraman's case they decided totake the concepts of the original 1966 series in a new story that at the same time take some of the storylines of the TV show.

Shin Ultraman is the story of the SSSP (S-Class Species Suppression Protocol), a gubernamental organization created for fight against the S-Class Creatures (Kaijus), one of their members, Shin(ji) Kaminaga, died tried to protect a civilian, once again the cause was Ultraman who just came to Earth to defeat one of the monsters that where attacking Japan at the moment. Ultraman fused with the human thought not exactly in the same way as before, and tried to be a hero for humanity but this time he'll notice that humans aren't all trustworthy to any class of outsider and that their society and nature is more complex that what he thought.
Today, I'm going to take mostly in account this version of the character unlike Ichigo who even if his Shin appearence is the base one due the movie don't having any sort of way to be watched unless you live in Japan I used a part of the content that was showed in the trailers and mostly using moves from the series, but since I watched Shin Ultraman this time I'm going to be more close to this interpretation of the character.

ULTRAMAN
If Kamen Rider was a complete rushdown character without projectiles only fighting at close range Ultraman is more or less the complete opposite, beinga zoner with a variaty of projectiles to use against his enemies.

Before going to the rest of the moveset, I'm quickly answering the question, "Isn't Ultraman too big for DC vs. Marvel Infinity Crisis?", the answer is no, because Ultraman's nature isn't of always being big, in fact his biology is mostly spacium (a special material/energy with unique propierties) that allows him to change size at will, and since his smaller size is actually more easy to mantain than his giant form we are going with that.

ULTRAMAN MOVESET
Unique Action: β-Capsule
Ultraman is able to increase his size to something larger than all the cast, in this size his movement is greatly decreased eliminating completely his ability to run being replaced by leapsbut his damage output reach new heights (heh). In this state Ultraman can't be grabbed (thought he can't ejecute normal grabs either) nor flinched. Ultraman spends a full gauge of power (the same for your supers) for transform and then it starts to become a timer that stops when this gauge ends to be expended. You can always interrupt the form pressing the Unique Action button again.

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Spacium Beam​
236 + X​
Ultraman crosseshis arms and does his unique move, the spacium beam!, the startup of this move can be lenghty but it compensates his big damage for a special move. The C version of the move is an anti-air variation and when you are in Giant Form the A version is a crouching variant.​
Ultra Slash​
214 + X​
A faster razor projectile, weaker but more effective for actual zoning. Much like the Spacium Beam the different buttons have different angles.
Rebound Beam​
623 + X​
Ultraman creates a light barrier in front of him that reflects most projectiles, unlike other reflectors thought it is effective for the projectiles that can't be reflected thought instead of redirection them the barrier nullifies them.
High Spin​
623 + X (Midair)​
Ultraman starts to spin in a wacky way, then he quickly moves in an arc for a kick attack.
Planck Brane Transportation​
22+ X​
Ultraman teleports moving into the Planck Brane thanks to the Beta System reappearing either at front of the opponent (A), behind them (B) or fainting (C).
Level 1 Super:
Giant Ultra Cutter
236236 + X (Air OK)​
Ultraman charges a giant version of his Ultra Cutter and shots it, if the projectiles reaches a particular distance without colliding it will split into multiple normal sized cutters that are harder to evade.
Level 2 Ultra Swing
214214 + X​
Ultraman grabs his opponent from the legs (or tentacles, or whatever they have) and starts to swing them at high speed until launching them finishing with a quick beam shot.
Level 3 Super:
Truth, Justice & Beauty
All Buttons Pressed​
Based on his final fight against Zetton with something of his fight against Zarab, at first Ultraman attack the opponent with an uppercut, then a cinematic starts with his classic transformation sequence going to a giant size, he starts shooting a Spacium Beam to the opponent that sends them to the space, when they are there Ultraman use the Beta Capsule again generating an energy sphere from the sixth dimension around him while he spins and charges towards the opponent exploding in the process.

SOMETHING ADDITIONAL...
In terms of costumes....this is going to be hard, since if with Ichigo with required to take some liberties, this time we have GIGANTIC liberties since Ultraman design is almost the same in all versions, mostly only retouching his look, so this time we are also taking that in account so some designs while it would look mostly the same they would have some textures that it made them different.

LIPIAH
CLASSIC (OLD)
CLASSIC (NEW)
ULTRAMAN JACK
ULTRAMAN POWERED
ULTRA GALAXY
DARK ULTRAMAN

I'm perfectly aware that most of the versions of the lower line arent either Shin Hayata or Shinji Kaminaga or Lipiah but I think they are the most Close to the original Ultraman so they work.

If Ichigo's rival is obviously Captain America, Ultraman's rival is a no brainer with Superman, Superman even has an enemy named Ultraman! Only that unlike that one I think Supes will get along with this guy.

Has I said before endings arent my strong point but Ultraman joining with other space heroes to boring Justice to all the universo sounds kinda neat.
And this is all for today, I'm thinking if do something for Godzilla and maaaaaaaybe Evangelion??????? not too sure but I'm glad to do this one too.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
While Infinity Sorcerer makes his own character submissions for fun,i also will make it

Character Submission for Fun:Billy Butcher (The Boys)

images (1).jpeg

Well,i submitted Billy Butcher twice on Marvel VS DC,so i wanted to submit him just for fun.

(This post contain Spoilers about both the comics and the Amazon Prime series)
Billy Butcher is the main character from The Boys series,he is the former member of british forces and the leader of a superhero killer team called The Boys,the members of the team are the Billy Butcher, Hughie Campell, Frenchie, Mother's Milk, The Female (or Kimiko) and an former member of the team Greg/Grace Mallory (on the comics is Greg Mallory and on the Amazon Prime series is Grace Mallory,it's just an adaptacional gender change).

on the comics,Billy had a father called Samuel Butcher,a mother called Carol Butcher and a brother called Leonard " Lenny" Butcher,and on the Amazon Prime series it's the same family,but Billy's father is called Sam and his mother is called Connie,and Billy's brother Leeny is called but not as a nickname. Billy on his childhood have a lot of problems with his dad,and one where Lenny died,on the comics and on the Amazon Prime series are very different,on the comics Lenny was killed by a bus and on the Amazon Prime series Lenny was killed by a suicide.

Billy met a woman who changed his life,the woman is called Rebecca Butcher,Rebecca is Billy's wife,but Rebecca have a bad fate with his husband,on the comics Rebecca died by a baby where is come out on her belly,Rebecca was ***** by Black Noir who is a Homelander's clone,while on the Amazon Prime series,it's the same story,but Rebecca is alive and have a son with the Homelander,the son of Rebecca and Homelander is called Ryan,and she is died accidently by Ryan's laser vision. After lost Rebecca,Billy joined The Boys.

Billy Butcher on DC VS Marvel

I'm not a specialist about fighting games and i can't make a moveset for Billy will be very hard to do,but i will make some miscellaneous about him.

Unique Action: Temporary V
The Temporary Composite V is an item where Butcher uses on the season 3 of Amazon Prime series,the Temporary V makes Butcher stronger and he can shots yellow laser vision on his eyes,but it makes Butcher decrease the HP life slowly.

Alternate Costumes
Aletrnate Costume 1 (Default): Amazon Prime series Appearence
Alternate Costume 2: Tuxedo
Alternate Costume 3: Robe over a Pajamas clothes
Alternate Costume 4: British Army Uniform
Alternate Costume 5: Coatless with Sunglasses
Alternate Costume 6: Blue and White Shirt with Jeans Pants
Alternate Costume 7: Homelander Suit
Alternate Costume 8: Comics Appearence

Billy Butcher's Rival: Deadpool
Butcher's rival will be Deadpool,it because Butcher is a superhero killer,and Deadpool killed the Marvel universe.

Billy Butcher's Ending
After defeat Thanoseid,Butcher looks at the Thanoseid fainted and steals the infinity gaunlet and he thinks that the gaunlet can kills all the heroes,Billy returns to The Boys' base shows the infinity gaunlet,but Butcher don't knew that Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is seeing the talk,a lot of heroes tries to stop Butcher to do the snap with the infinity gaunlet and The Boys members are fighting with the heroes,but it's too late,Butcher snapped his fingers with the gaunlet and the heroes and villains are disintegrated on dust,it happens a biggest tragedy on both heroes and villains.

(i'm not a good writter,but this ending that i writted was meh)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Unfortunately, in the past few months, Imgur deleted all anonymously uploaded images. That was how I put my images on here in the first place, so I'll work on re-uploading them in another way.

In the meantime, I've got some ideas for arcade mode endings that haven't been covered yet.

Shazam's looking to expand his family - with threats coming from other universes, he figures he can find people from other universes to share the power of Shazam with! Following the flawless logic of a 10-12 year old, he decides to look to Marvel's heroes, eventually choosing Mar-Vell, Monica Rambeau, Genis-Vell, Phyla-Vell, Carol Danvers, and Rick Jones to share his power with.

While visiting Metropolis with Jean, Cyclops is amazed to see how the inhabitants of the DC universe view their heroes much more positively than the Marvel universe, which turns against their heroes at the drop of a hat. He's not about to give up on human-mutant equality in the Marvel universe, but when it starts to feel like this challenge is insurmountable, he and the X-Men can take a vacation to the DC universe to see that there's still hope for a brighter tomorrow. (as we see the X-Men charging into battle against an incarnation of the Secret Society of Super Villains, led by the Ultra-Humanite)

Eddie decided that Gotham City could use his brand of Lethal Protection, given the sheer amount of super criminals that somebody has left alive. While patrolling the city and looking for trouble, trouble finds him in the form of Bane. Bane heard about the Venom symbiote, and he wants it for himself, figuring it will be much more useful than the Venom drug that he relies on.

However, Batman steps in, wanting both of them out of his city. Venom muses "so many brains, so little time" as the three of them leap into the fray.

Poison Ivy discovers the swamp containing the Nexus of All Realities. After bending Man-Thing to her will, she ponders on what to do with this multiversal gateway. Harley suggests a reality-hopping road trip, and with nothing better in mind, Ivy takes her up on that offer. Sure, she'll find something useful in there eventually, but for now, she'll just enjoy this time with her girlfriend.

The Infinity Gauntlet drops to the ground, and Grodd picks it up. With his mind reading abilities, he picked up on what this can do and how to use it, and he's immediately figured out the best way to put its unlimited powers to good use.

With a snap of his finger, he uses the Gauntlet's power to change everything into a far superior life form. Within moments, every man, woman, and child across the universe has become... AN APE!

He also used its power to increase his psychic powers, allowing him to bend entire planets to his will, but that's secondary.

J. Jonah Jameson crumbles up a copy of the Daily Planet, where the front page story is about how intrepid reporter Lois Lane was responsible for defeating a multiversal threat. He calls the paper nothing but hogwash - first, all of these unbelievable stories about some kind of "super man", and now this? How can that rag call itself a legitimate news source?!

Lois answers that question, having shown up in his office. She'd be happy to provide witnesses that support the events in the article, though most of them are costumed superheroes who'd prefer their identities to remain anonymous. And furthermore, she has some things to say on how the Daily Bugle has reported on Spider-Man...

We cut to outside of Jameson's office, where Clark Kent is having a conversation with Peter Parker. Jameson opens the door to his office, meekly telling Parker that he won't be needing photos of Spider-Man today as he has a ton of retractions to print. (Lois ripped him a new one off-screen)

While this isn't quite their version of New York City, the Ninja Turtles have grown accustomed to this new version of it, even if the pizza isn't quite as good. Even Splinter, April, and Casey are enjoying themselves, as we see those three interacting with similar characters across the DC and Marvel universes. (Casey meeting the Heroes for Hire, April and Lois trading notes, Splinter watching Stick train his pupils)

However, their tranquility is shattered, as Ra's al Ghul and Shredder have joined forces with the Hand ninjas. The Ninja Turtles and their allies leap into battle alongside the Bat-Family, Daredevil, and Elektra, with Mikey yelling out a "COWABUNGA!" for good measure. (Nightwing and Batgirl poke fun at him for that)

Goku's exploring the universe, trying to find challenging opponents, but it's been tough - plenty of people talk a big game, but they aren't as tough as they claim to be. (one such opponent being The Champion, who's unconscious behind Goku as he's thinking about this, though The Champion's lacking the Power Stone) Still, he has an idea - with the help of King Kai, he declares to the inhabitants of the various universes that he'll hold a tournament where the winner can get one wish of their choosing, which could be anything from summoning something to reviving the dead. (King Kai is shocked, as Goku told him that the prize would be something entirely different)

Much to Goku's excitement, this draws attention from all sorts of powerful people (Superman, Black Adam, Darkseid, etc.) - even if he wins, he won't know what to wish for because he's already got what he wants!

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
It would be funny if Segata Sanshiro was a costume, since the actor played both characters.
Darn it! Sorry for the self-posting, but how would the Segata Sanshiro skin change the attacks? All I can think is a victory pose or taunt where he says "You must play Sega Saturn"

Top Bottom