• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There were a few characters that I thought about nominating, but I decided to go with someone who wasn't in Injustice - it made it more difficult, and ruled out several characters that I was considering like Brainiac or Starfire, but I wanted to go with a character who hadn't been in a fighting game before. I also wanted to go with a Green Lantern villain, but while Sinestro's the best-known example, he seems like a standard evil counterpart when it comes to his abilities. (at least, from what I've seen) I turned to the other Lantern Corps., and found...

Larfleeze

The leader and sole living member of the Orange Lantern Corps. (aside from that one time where Lex Luthor was deputized - it didn't go well), Larfleeze is the embodiment of the Orange Lantern's emotion of greed. While other Orange Lanterns exist, they're all constructs of Larfleeze's ring, powered by the souls of people who he's killed over the billions of years that he's been alive.

Larfleeze would spend the entire match clinging to his Orange Lantern, with his unarmed attacks being limited to swiping weakly or kicking to keep the opponent away. Most of his basic attacks, throws, specials, supers, and even his guard would utilize constructs of the Orange Lantern, whether it's basic energy constructs like what Green Lantern uses (such as making a medieval shield in front of himself for his guard) or summoning other Orange Lanterns to do his bidding and fight for him. (though they'd just use one attack before disappearing)

EDIT: Also, as is usually the case on Saturdays, I'm going to be a little bit later starting the next job than usual.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1888831-ambush_bug.jpg

Ambush Bug

I think ending with a surprise character would the the way to go. Ambush Bug is farily obscure, but is probably the closest thing DC has to Deadpool.

Brum-El sent his wardrobe into space from his supposedly doomed planet, only to have it clash with a a giant radioactive space spider. This led to the Ambush Bug suit being found by Irwin Schwab (thiugh this is disputed, Ambush Bug's sense of reality is warped and no one knows what's real anymore), who orignaly used it to be a villian before trying to become a hero, though not a great one. He's seemingly aware he's a comic book character.

Ambush Bug has the power to teleport, but can use it to travel anywhere in the multiverse. He's apparently a surprisingly skilled fighter, and his unsual way of thinking often works to his advantage. He's a little useless, but that could lead to a fun moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I guess fatigue hit this thread pretty hard. I would've expected 10 different nominations by now, atleast based on the last Wildcard round. For the end of DLC and this thread as a whole it feels too unfortunate, but I myself will still see every job through to the end
I think thats because the DC lineup is already very strong, at least I cant think too much in other characters that can be added and everyone seems to agree that the last character should be someone a bit obscure at least.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I think thats because the DC lineup is already very strong, at least I cant think too much in other characters that can be added and everyone seems to agree that the last character should be someone a bit obscure at least.
I hope this is the case and that for Marvel we get a lot more nominations.
I can agree with this, though; I think the DC side of the roster is very strong, more than Marvel's and the Guests

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Kilowog​
Tomar-Re​
Ch'p​
Arisia​
Mogo​
Aya​
G'nort​
Medphyll​
The Guardians​
Razer​
Kyle Reynar​
Saint Walker​
Vandal Savage​
Cheetah​
Black Manta​
Solomon Grundy​
Sinestro​
Giganta​
Metallo​
Captain Cold​
Commissioner Gordon​
Aaron Cash​
Killer Croc​
Two-Face​
Scarecrow​
Victor Zsasz​
The Riddler​
Clayface​
Mr. Fantastic​
Invisible Woman​
Human Torch​
H.E.R.B.I.E.​
The Fantasticar​
Crystal​
Silver Surfer​
Impossible Man​
I'm not home so images will have to wait

Was thinking about different stages with potential for cameos that haven't had them discussed. Tried to stick to a "8 per stage" rule but broke it with Oa (not sorry)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll edit the images in later; I wanted to get this posted as soon as I could.

The results for the boss poll are as follows:

-Beerus and Whis: 2
-Lord Drakkon: 2
-Saitama: 7
-Homelander: 10
-Frieza: 15

The final boss challenge of the game will be against Frieza! I'd say we've got a pretty good boss line-up!

dc vs marvel bosses.png

---

Here are the nominees for the DC wildcard round:

dc dlc wildcard nominations.png

-Booster Gold ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-V ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Azrael ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Dr. Poison ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Larfleeze ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Ambush Bug (@Darkonedagger)
-Animal Man ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Orphan ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Booster Gold
2. Orphan
3. Animal Man

In addition, Infinity Sorcerer finished their Luffy moveset, so we'll vote on which one will be used.

-Megadoomer
-Infinity Sorcerer

---

Job 262: nominate a Marvel character

As with DC, any Marvel character who isn't already playable is eligible for this. As of now, we've got:

marvel roster complete.png

-Spider-Man
-Iron Man
-Wolverine
-Captain America
-The Hulk
-Thor
-Magneto
-Doctor Doom
-Doctor Strange
-Black Panther
-Deadpool
-Cyclops
-The Thing
-Daredevil
-Ms. Marvel
-Storm
-Captain Marvel
-Doctor Octopus
-Ghost Rider
-Venom
-Loki
-Rocket Raccoon and Groot
-Scarlet Witch
-Ultimate Spider-Man
-The Wasp
-Thanos
-Gambit
-Squirrel Girl
-Hawkeye
-The Sentry
-Ultron
-Star-Lord
-Magik
-Blade
-Moon Knight

Aside from them (and any premiere costumes), anyone else is eligible for this.

Job 263: nominate a moveset/reward for Frieza

I figure I can combine these into one - as usual, you don't need to include command inputs for boss movesets. Feel free to nominate a list of specials and supers, and/or what you could get for beating him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

moon-girl.jpg

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Who doesn't love a dinosur? Devil Dinosaur is a dinosaur from a world where the dinosaurs never went exist. He has super stengh and is fairly intelligent. After his previous partner was killed, DD found himself in New York. He was found by a super intelligent nine year old girl named Lunella Lafayette. Lunella became the superhero Moon Girl, working alongside Devil Dinosaur. DD would be the biggest character in the game by far, imagine like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's giant characters. Lunella would sit on his head and would use her super intelligence to help him. She'd also state down sometimes to attack. These two just got their own cartoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
The Final Marvel Character! My Nomination:
ADAM WARLOCK
Alias: Him
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #66 (September, 1967)

Keeping with the gold themed heroes for the final additions, I will be renominating Adam Warlock (with a brand new write-up)!

Whilst we have a handful of popular cosmic characters represented on Marvel's side, I feel as if we're still missing a key aspect within this corner of Marvel's universe; They've been having solo cosmic heroes since the 60's, with the likes of Silver Surfer, Nova, Mar-Vell, and so on, all of whom became integral parts of the Marvel universe. But, between all of these heroes, there is I would point out as a stand-out, and a character I'd truthfully say is overdue for the roster.
Adam Warlock has been the center of major cosmic storylines, but the most famous instance is certainly the original Infinity Gauntlet storyline: This comic set-up Adam to be Thanos' arch-enemy and gave him huge ties to the Infinity Stones themselves. Not to mention he single-handedly saved the entire Marvel universe in this event! This skyrocketed Adam to having legendary cosmic status, which he continues to uphold today.
And, really, this guy has it all! Several self-titled series, a core member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and he is slated for his MCU debut next year in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3; An overly anticipated appearance, I might add, as he's been teased going as far back as 2014. A debut 9 years in the making, which is insane to think about.

But, just pushing all that aside for a second; This thread started the game off with having a Darkseid-Thanos centric storyline, yet his arch-nemesis was nowhere to be seen. In the very final stretch of the roster, I ought to say, it should be a crime that he hadn't made it in earlier.

As for his power set:
The main thing to keep in mind is his ability of energy manipulation, particularly cosmic energy. This is what grants him the bulk of his abilities, including flight, energy blasts, forcefields, creating matter, black hole generation, teleportation, resurrection, invulnerability, and reading people's cosmic aura.
A lot of this can be attributed to an iconic aspect of his character: The evolutionary caccoon, in which he will remain inside for extended periods of time, until emerging in a much more powerful state. This can negatively effect if he were to emerge too early, which could easily be incorporated as a unique ability.
Alternatively, so can the Soul Stone, and the Infinity Gauntlet as a whole; Aside from being the sole owner of the Soul stone for years, he's wielded the gauntlet to save the galaxy numerous times and has become a staple of the character to be seen wearing it
Continuing off of the Infinity Gauntlet, he also posseses the Karmic Staff, a weapons he uses quite regularly; It is used to syphen multiple different energies through it and fire them off as Karmic blasts, which most often overloads an opponent's spiritual centers; The staff itself is also unbreakable and can be used as a melee weapon to boot.

This is easily 3 to 4 different movesets worth of powers with minimal overlap. Adam really brings uniqueness in spades

Reasons for Inclusion:
  • Classic cosmic hero from Marvel's library
  • Huge importance to the history of Marvel's universe and it's Infinity Stone storyline, itself forming a large back-bone of Marvel's cosmic representation
  • Major connection to Thanos, whom is the main villain of this game (with Darkseid)
  • The Guardians are currently underrepresented with only 2 fighters; Adam would make the perfect 3rd member
  • Heaping tons of unique moveset potential
  • Upcoming appearance in the MCU, which will definitely increase his popularity and overall awareness of the character
  • Ending off the Marvel roster with one of their most powerful yet underused characters just accentuates ending off the roster with a bang

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Booster Gold
2. V
3. Azrael

Job 262:She-Hulk

She-Hulk_MvC3_artwork.png

Jennifer Walters (AKA She-Hulk) is a marvel superheroine,she is a lawyer and cousin of Bruce Banner. Ouside the comics,she appears in cartoons asHulk and The Agents of SMASH and 1996 Incredible Hulk,video games as Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and a live-action series that is very controversial by Marvel fandom.

She-hulk has in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3,so her moveset is based on the game

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I could try to do a moveset for frieza, but I will finish my nomination first, and for not get ninja'd I will post an image rn.
I've had my nominations snubbed 4 times by the same user. Not gonna say who it was but it still genuinely amazes me how many times that's happened by the same guy; 2 of them may have been back-to-back as well, can't remember.

The final boss challenge of the game will be against Frieza! I'd say we've got a pretty good boss line-up!

View attachment 364252
---

Job 262: nominate a Marvel character

As with DC, any Marvel character who isn't already playable is eligible for this. As of now, we've got:

View attachment 364257
I still feel very proud for getting Angstrom in as the first boss; ahead of Galactus and The Anti-Moniter, which is insane, really. But Levy is one of my favorites from the Invincible comic, and truthfully I think he made a better villain than Thragg. Here's to hoping he gets his debut in S2 of Invincible (that generally should line-up with the timeline of the comics so I'm somewhat expecting it)

I still have a few qualms with the other bosses. In hindsight... Krang might've actually been the better TMNT boss than Shredder. I mainly lobbied for the latter because I had a concept for him to be playable. He stil is a good choice but Krang might've just been more unique as a villain and fit the Multiverse narrative. Gonna kick myself over that choice.
BWL still rubs me the wrong way but I won't beat a dead horse.

That Marvel collage is also really nice. I love how all the Avengers are grouped on one side and then it flows into the X-Men nicely by having Scarlet Witch and Magneto right next to eachother..
Too bad it's ruined by Gambit not being grouped with the other 6 X-Men.
I did have the same compliment for DC, btw; I noticed right away the Batman and Superman characters were in their own subsections, lol
---​
Alright, before I give my votes, I wanted to run down most of the characters here, because I genuinely love all of the individual nominations

Larfleeze as a fighter just functionally sounds so damn interesting, way more than it would having Sinestro or Atrocitus. I love the idea of him clinging to his lantern and utulizing his abnormal biology and orange lantern summons as attacks. It's essentially the equivalent of the Kollector from MK11, or having Gollum from LotR in a fighter. Love it

V is just a really out of the box pick that I think works so well. His nomination has kind of encouraged me to reread V for Vendetta, as I remember really enjoying it and wanting to see V make a major DC appearance ala Doomsday Clock. Unlike Watchmen, he fits in far more among the DC cast and brings some big iconicity, and is also a Multiverse character by virtue of not being main DC. He really marks a nice way to end DLC, in all honesty.

Ambush Bug is just a funny choice by nature, and I think him coming in and mixing up the entire DC roster by being the last character is just hilarious. He has a Crazy-Jane vibe to him that we've all kind of wanted on this roster (on a side note I wish she got renominated) and a gag-based moveset outside of Lois would be very welcome.
Animal Man is in the same vein here; Though I think in terms of moveset he would probably fair better than Ambush Bug. He also does take a little from Booster Gold in being the goofy blonde hero, just without a serious tone to his storylines. He makes a better Beast Boy than Beast Boy

Doctor Poison has a lot of potential for a moveset, and honestly she may end up just having a more unique playstyle than other WW villains would have. She doesn't even have to pull from the comics, we could just use real chemical science

Not very interested in the other characters, unfortunately. I think this roster has had it's fill on Batman characters, and neither of these two are Red Hood.

So, with that said, my votes are...

1. V
2. Ambush Bug
3. Booster Gold

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Going by my babe Gwen one last time. For votes, I go for V, Booster Gold and Animal Man.

I resubmitt Gwenpool, who was part of the West Coast Avengers in a short but fun run. Even if she is in a odd place in the continuity basically being relegated to a secondary character of the comics of HIS OWN MASCOT she is still quite a favorite especially in the japanese fandom (that if this game was made by a company like Capcom or Arc System Works is a target that they would like to please). She is more than just Gwen with a Deadpool suit, especially since she isn't neither Gwen Stacy or Deadpool, she is her own character that unlike Deadpool whose 4th Wall powers are more of a joke used for humour she use her 4th Wall Awareness in a weaponized way being able to traspass the boundaries of the comic panels....that the games doesn't have but you know....creatie liberties!!!!!!!!!
Also she can pair with the best Hawkeye and the Ghost Rider that near kidnapped her! (...yeah maybe the last thing isn't too much emotionant but heeeeey they can ride together!!!!!
Anyway, I managed to convince my cousin to help to make a moveset this time too! I hope this could increase her chances

For her Unique Ability, it would be called "It's Jeff!", where she calls her landshark mascot Jeff who uses a KNIFE to attack the opponent, his attack ignores blocks and hits low and makes the opponent fall to the ground where Gwenpool can beat the **** out of them.

For her special moves, she have the following ones:
  • SLASH!: Mashing the button makes Gwen quickly attack with her katanas with myriad slashes like Meta Knight's jab in Smash.​
  • BANG!: Using the Hadouken motion allows Gwenpool to use a pair of submachine guns, thought due her lack of marksmanship experience she ends shooting to all places while falling to the floor.​
  • Next Page!: Gwen summons a comic panel to traspass to another one that appears either at front, at back or up the opponent similar to Faust's door teleport move in Guilty Gear.​
  • Ghost Hacking!: Using a Half Circle Forward motion Gwen summons her best and only ghost friend Cecil who after clash the opponent paralyze them disabling their specials and unique actions for a while.​
  • Silence!: Using a Reverse Shoryuken motion and her Unique Action button Gwenpool can catch the opponent's SFX to nullify their attacks working as a parry.​
  • Eat This!: Pressing down twice when the opponent is down allows Gwen to finish them stomping on them and launching a rocket to their faces. The explosion makes both Gwen and the opponent move back.​
  • Batroc Enters In the Scene!!!: One of her level 1 (with double hadouken + light button) supers calls her friend and mentor Batroc the Leaper who beats the opponent jumping into them multiple times.​
  • Mega Tony Aids In the Battle!!!: Another one of her level 1 supers (instead of light button use medium) calls another one of her friends, Mega Tony, who heals Gwenpool's health to a fixed amount of a half of her total damage received in the previous 30 seconds.​
  • Terrible Eye Curse Them All!!!: Using the strong button this time, in this level 1 Gwen summons her friend Terrible Eye who casts a cursing spell that drains the health of the opponent slowly.​
  • Artistic Licenses - Reality: A fullscreen level 2 super where Gwen leaves the "panel" of the stage jumping at the corner, then her giant hand appears with a pencil and starts to draw an entire arsenal out of thin air, when she finishes the weapons turn to life and they attack the opponent all at once, the move is SLOW AS HELL and it can only be practical if you stun the opponent before jumping.​
  • BEYOND THE FOURTH WALL: Gwen uses her motorcycle to push the opponent out of the boundaries of the stage, then they continue their fight outside with multiple panels in the floor that shows other fights (cutscenes of the story mode, arcade endings and even some original ones), then she push the oppoonent to the edge of those panels with a Daredevil certified kick vanishing them for reality....but then you remind that any of these characters can die so a huge title appears of a tornado that creates more panels sentencing X CAN'T DIE (with X replacing the aforemented opponent) and drags them just fine to the stage where Gwen also goes to continue the fight. Thought if the battle did end with the super...maybe they DID dissapear out of reality....yikes.​

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That Marvel collage is also really nice. I love how all the Avengers are grouped on one side and then it flows into the X-Men nicely by having Scarlet Witch and Magneto right next to eachother..
Too bad it's ruined by Gambit not being grouped with the other 6 X-Men.
I did have the same compliment for DC, btw; I noticed right away the Batman and Superman characters were in their own subsections, lol
Yeah, that's what I was going for, though it was hard to get some characters to fit well and keep it roughly a rectangle. (Hence why Gambit's off on his own - I didn't want any blank spaces between panels, so it took a lot of rearranging) I wanted to do something similar with other franchises like Spider-Man, but it was tough to keep everyone together.

---

For my Marvel nomination, I'm going to go with...

DOCTOR BABYHANDS!

(I know he says his name is Master Pandemonium, but the only way I even remember this guy is as "Doctor Babyhands")

...I'm just kidding. I mostly wanted to post that panel without context.

I'm going to go with one of Marvel's bigger names in villainy, as depicted here committing his most diabolical act:

KANG THE CONQUEROR

One of the Avengers' biggest nemeses and a distant descendant of Reed Richards, Kang was bored of peaceful life in the 30th century and sought to relive the adventure-filled days of a thousand years ago. He got his chance when he discovered a time machine, using it to travel back to ancient Egypt, conquer it, and rule over it as pharaoh until the Fantastic Four intervened on their own trip through time, sending him fleeing through the timestream. He overshot his own century and wound up in the fortieth century, where he used the advanced technology and primitive inhabitants to become Kang the Conqueror. Kang is someone who wants to be the next Alexander the Great, and seeks powerful opponents so he can surpass them and conquer their worlds. In his own words:

(Spidey Super Stories is a freaking gold mine)

I'm not going to get into Kang's history, because his personal timeline is more like a Time Gordian Knot. He's traveled back in time to manipulate his past self on several occasions, formed a Council of Kangs, and his arch-nemesis is himself from the future. Armed with advanced technology, including an arsenal of weapons that he can pluck from the timestream whenever he chooses, Kang alone is a threat for an entire team of Avengers.

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
1. V
2. Orphan
3. Booster Gold

And for Marvel Noms I gotta go with Nightcrawler.
Nightcrawler-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Deluxe-Handbook-cover.jpg

Nightcrawler is the half demon son of Mistique. He can teleport short distances and some times dual wields swords. He has been in games like Ultimate Alliance 3 and X-Men Legends. He wasn't an original X-man but he comes pretty close, being introduced in the 70's. He's also a circus acrobat and can rival Nightwing (If he's in this. This is my first time here)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
FINAL FIGHTER SUBMISSION
THE WINTER SOLDIER
Bucky Barnes was Capitan America's side kick during the World War II, but after an incident where Steve thought he was dead in reality he was captured by the Soviet Union and used against his will to become into their Winter Soldier. After that he was used for 15 years has an elite agent sending him to dangerous missions only to be once again cryogenized until his new mission, but when he crossed paths again with Rogers together they recovered his humanity and with time Bucky was reinvicated has a hero once more, even being Steve's trusted succesor for be the new Captain America after his death in Civil War (thought he later swapped again after Steve revived since he was more comfortable with his Winter Soldier alias).

People say go big or go home, and since this is the final character I will nominate, I should do it big, so here it is a moveset!

WINTER SOLDIER MOVESET
Unique Action: Iron Shield
The Winter Soldier adopts a stance where he covers with his arm, in this stance he can move while blocking at the same time (thought of course his movement is drastically reduced being unable to jump or run), he can also perform some actions under this stance.

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Deflect​
X during Iron Shield​
Bucky swings his arm doing a back punch, the main propierty of this move is that it can nullify most projectiles.
Hard Blow​
Forward + X during Iron Shield​
Bucky punches the opponent in their gut making them crumble, this cancels the stance.
Silver Hammer​
Back + X during Iron Shield​
Bucky does a powerful chop with his punch making the opponent bounce from the floor, this cancels the stance.

Other unique abilities of Bucky are being able to crawl and wall-jump.

NAMECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Handgun​
236 + X​
Bucky uses a pistol and shots a single but precise bullet, depending of the botton it could be a diagonal-down shot (Light), a straight shot (Medium) or an anti-air shot (Hard)​
Man on the Wall​
214 + X​
Mimicking Cap's Star and Stripes rekka, Bucky does a combo chain starting with a slash with his hidden knife in his arm, then an elbow strike and ending with a point-black shot.
Red Star Rising​
623 + X​
Similar to his Patriot move in MvCI, Bucky does a standing uppercut that sends the opponent to the air, the strong version also sends some debris that increase the damage.
EMP Discharge​
63214 + X​
Bucky grabs the opponent from the head and uses his EMP dispositive to shock them.
Level 1 Super:
Supressing Fire
236236 + X​
Bucky does a combo with all his weaponry ending with a sniper shot.
Level 2 Super:
Iron Punishment
214214 + X​
A chargeable super move where Bucky does an almighty haymaker punch with his arm so powerful that breaks armor and it's extremely dangerous in counterhit, GALACTICA PHANTOM oh wait wrong game.
Level 3 Super:
The Longest Winter
All Buttons Pressed​
The move starts with Bucky shooting the opponent with a sniper, if the shot is succesful the cinematic starts with the opponent being surrounded by a stage full of snow, then the sound of an helicopter makes the opponent look up, it's The Winter Soldier who appears from the helicopter descending with his motorcycle and starts shooting at the opponent with a pair of subfusiles while riding, the move ends with Bucky calling a bombardment from above that creates an explosion behind him while he don't look back like the cool guys.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Booster Gold
2. Animal Man
3. V

Taskmaster

Anthony Masters or Taskmaster is a villain with a photographic reflexes allowing him to copy moves used on him

in terms of a moveset I was thinking he could use moves from other characters, Copy specials from who he is fighting or my personal favorite, He is basically mokujin

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Frieza moveset

Unique Ability: 100% Power
- Frieza decides to take this seriously, using 100% of his power. In this state, he's bulkier, hitting harder and taking less damage, but he moves slower as a result of all of that extra mass. As he's out of practice, he can't keep it up for long, so it eventually runs out and he returns to normal.

Death Beam - Frieza fires a thin but fast laser from his finger

Death Saucer (air OK) - Frieza throws two razor-sharp discs of ki energy - they can go straight ahead or curve up or down slightly to make them less predictable

Nova Strike (in air) - surrounding himself with energy, Frieza flies towards the ground, slamming himself into it

Telekinesis - Frieza lifts up rocks out of the ground with his mind before flinging them in various directions (straight forward, straight up, or diagonally)

Genocide Cutter - borrowing a move from Rugal Bernstein in a completely original and unique move, Frieza flies up into the air, kicking upwards and swiping his tail above himself as an anti-air move that hits three times.

Level 3: Death Ball - raising a finger into the air, Frieza gathers ki into a massive ball of energy before flinging it downwards. If this connects and isn't blocked, there's a short cutscene where the opponent tries to stop it, only to be pushed into the ground. Frieza laughs as the Death Ball explodes. If the opponent is beaten by this move, there's a special victory screen where Frieza is standing in the shattered remains of the planet, looking extra-smug.

Frieza reward: Planet Namek stage

I figure TMNT shouldn't be the only guest franchise with two stages. Fighting takes place on one of the many near-identical plains of Planek Namek, with Frieza's minions making cameos in the background.

Zarbon and Dodoria would be there, along with...

THE GINYU FORCE

While Zarbon and Dodoria would mostly be static, the Ginyu Force would cycle through a serious of increasingly ridiculous poses.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll keep the Frieza job open for another day in case anyone has alternative ideas. (also, if someone wanted Lord Drakkon to be the boss instead, thread regular 1SecondNinja started a Hasbro fighters thread if you're interested in the idea)

(EDIT: Almost forgot; we're going with my Luffy moveset)

Here are the results for the DC wildcard round:

Azrael: 1
Ambush Bug: 3
Orphan: 6
Animal Man: 7
V: 12
Booster Gold: 19

And the winner is... ha ha guys, very funny, but we already have Green Lantern in the game! I don't know how that slipped by me originally.

Wait, now that I look closer, the winner is...

Booster Gold 5.png

Booster Gold!

This completes the DC side of the roster! While I'm only learning about Booster Gold now through reading 52, he's the one that I want to find out more about out of the ones who are featured in it.

---

We're almost done the Marvel side as well, and here are the nominees for the Marvel wildcard round:

marvel dlc wildcard.png

-The Winter Soldier ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (@Darkonedagger)
-Adam Warlock ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-She-Hulk ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Gwenpool ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Kang the Conqueror ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Nightcrawler ( silenthunder silenthunder )
-Taskmaster ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Gwenpool
2. Adam Warlock
3. Kang the Conqueror

---

Job 264: nominate a moveset for Booster Gold

As usual, this will be open for 2-3 days, depending on how many nominations we get. (2 if there's more than one by the end of the second day, 3 if there's only one by the end of the second day)

Job 265: nominate costumes for Booster Gold

We'll stick to the usual pattern - one default costume and up to seven alternates.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Well, we've finally reached the final character. I'm very glad to have been on this ride with ya'll; It's not over yet, but I'll say it now before the final vote.

I'll post Booster Gold costumes later today (if someone doesn't get all the obvious choices first), but a moveset may have to wait for a day or two.
Very pleased with the results, though; I don't think there was a more fitting end to DC's roster than him, and he is still obscure enougj to be a shock to players, which I think is a plus.

I won't be doing a deep dive on each nomination like yesterday- truthfully I'm a bit too exhausted from constant write-ups to do that. But I do think each one of these nominations is valuable, so selecting which character is gonna be hard. With that said, I did nail down my votes, so, without further ado:

1. Winter Soldier
2. Adam Warlock
3. Nightcrawler

Bucky is a character I really want to have, and I absolutely adore the moveset he has with him! I considered making one back when I nominated him in the Marvel Legacy round, but I couldn't really pinpoint what unique ability I should have, which is what the entire moveset was hinging on. But anyway, I love Bucky as a fighter idea.
Adam Warlock is a self-vote but I really want this character
Nightcrawler is cool

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Booster Gold costumes:

1. Default

2. Future's End

3. Classic

4. ARGUS
1669587275774.jpeg

5. Power Suit

6. Injustice
1669587225065.jpeg

7. Casual

8. MVP

Also, a few details about the DC line-up:

• the oldest DC characters on the roster are Superman and Lois Lane, both of whom first appeared in Action Comics #1 back in 1938! (if you want to get technical, Superman appeared first by a few pages)
  • the newest DC character on the roster is Blue Beetle, who first appeared in 2006! This means that we didn't get any characters from the 2010s or 2020s.
  • the decade that originated most of the DC characters on the roster was the 1940's. We got 11 characters from those ten years - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Joker, Lex Luthor, Shazam, Nightwing, Plastic Man, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Doctor Fate, and Black Adam!
  • DC is the only company to have characters who originated in the 1930s or 1950s in this roster.
  • 9 characters in our roster haven't been playable in an Injustice game: Plastic Man, Constantine, Ra's al Ghul, Starro, Mister Miracle, Lois Lane, Static (unless you count the mobile game), Peacemaker, and Booster Gold. Will that change when Injustice 3 rolls around? We'll see!
  • 9 of the 36 DC characters are women, which is a quarter of the line-up. There's room for improvement, though I was expecting less, and Injustice 2 had a smaller ratio of 9/38 - not sure if that says more about our roster or Injustice 2's. (we had Zatanna, Power Girl, Lois Lane, and Raven; they had Cheetah, Supergirl, Starfire, and Enchantress, though in both cases, Supergirl and Power Girl have each other as alternate costumes)
  • 19 of the DC characters have appeared in the DCEU, or a little more than half. (though this is only if we count Zack Snyder's Justice League - if we don't, then that technically bumps it down to a little less than half) The ones who haven't are:
    • Green Lantern (seriously, how have we not gotten a GL movie? I mean, sure, the Ryan Reynolds one was a stinker, but Batman & Robin didn't prevent us from getting Batman Begins)
    • Raven
    • Nightwing
    • Plastic Man
    • Constantine
    • Zatanna
    • Ra's al Ghul
    • Catwoman (we really should have gotten a solo Batman movie by now)
    • Green Arrow (the closest we've gotten was Peacemaker claiming that he's a brony)
    • Blue Beetle (though his movie's in development)
    • Mister Miracle
    • Power Girl
    • Poison Ivy (maybe if there's another movie with a Harley Quinn focus?)
    • Gorilla Grodd
    • Static
    • Lobo
    • Booster Gold
Which of those characters would you want to see get a movie appearance? (well, maybe not counting Green Lantern, since he's kind of an obvious one)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Also, a few details about the DC line-up:

• the oldest DC characters on the roster are Superman and Lois Lane, both of whom first appeared in Action Comics #1 back in 1938! (if you want to get technical, Superman appeared first by a few pages)
  • the newest DC character on the roster is Blue Beetle, who first appeared in 2006! This means that we didn't get any characters from the 2010s or 2020s.
  • the decade that originated most of the DC characters on the roster was the 1940's. We got 11 characters from those ten years - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Joker, Lex Luthor, Captain Marvel, Nightwing, Plastic Man, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Doctor Fate, and Black Adam!
  • DC is the only company to have characters who originated in the 1930s or 1950s in this roster.
  • 9 characters in our roster haven't been playable in an Injustice game: Plastic Man, Constantine, Ra's al Ghul, Starro, Mister Miracle, Lois Lane, Static (unless you count the mobile game), Peacemaker, and Booster Gold. Will that change when Injustice 3 rolls around? We'll see!
  • 9 of the 36 DC characters are women, which is a quarter of the line-up. There's room for improvement, though I was expecting less, and Injustice 2 had a smaller ratio of 9/38 - not sure if that says more about our roster or Injustice 2's. (we had Zatanna, Power Girl, Lois Lane, and Raven; they had Cheetah, Supergirl, Starfire, and Enchantress, though in both cases, Supergirl and Power Girl have each other as alternate costumes)
  • 19 of the DC characters have appeared in the DCEU, or a little more than half. (though this is only if we count Zack Snyder's Justice League - if we don't, then that technically bumps it down to a little less than half) The ones who haven't are Green Lantern (seriously, how have we not gotten a GL movie? I mean, sure, the Ryan Reynolds one exists, but Batman & Robin didn't prevent us from getting Batman Begins), Raven, Nightwing, Plastic Man, Constantine, Zatanna, Ra's al Ghul, Catwoman (we really should have gotten a solo Batman movie by now), Green Arrow (the closest we've gotten was Peacemaker claiming that he's a brony), Blue Beetle (though his movie's in development), Mister Miracle, Power Girl, Poison Ivy, Gorilla Grodd, Static, Lobo, and Booster Gold.
Very curious trivia, while I'm slightly impressed about DC being the only company with characters of the 30s (I mean the only chance to have a Marvel character of that decade would be have Namor while the lineup of DCs characters from that years are bigger but he's still being a big name that was submitted various times before, there are also others like the Human Torch but frankly I doubt that the Human Torch submitted was the first one) not having anything of the 50s is more understandable since is true that Marvel didn't end to establish until the 60s and they really where dormant after the World War II.

About the newest character, I was considering in the previous round submit the Monkey Prince, one of the most popular recent characters but I understand that at difference to Marvel there are more DC characters that don't stick too much in the public.

I really expected the number of non-Injustice characters be higher, thought in the end we did had a quite variate number of new faces. In the DLCs we got Mister Miracle, Lois Lane, Static, Peacemaker and Booster Gold (worth nothing that of those 5, 3 are from this season).

Also I didn't watched The Batman yet but didn't Catwoman appeared in that one? thought is true that if it is or not part of the DCEU stills avoid me).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also I didn't watched The Batman yet but didn't Catwoman appeared in that one? thought is true that if it is or not part of the DCEU stills avoid me).
The Batman is its own thing, like how the Dark Knight trilogy or Joker are separate from the DCEU (though I guess it's just the DCU now?)

(also, if anyone hasn't voted yet, you probably should because it's a pretty close race - the top three are all within three points of each other as of now)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Taskmaster (love the Mokujin idea)
2. She-Hulk (small tanks are a cool and unique archetype)
3. Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur (another fighter archetype that stands out amongst the current roster)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Changed my vote.
I voted She-Hulk as a joke, really; I thought about it this morning and I realized I don't really want her to win the final character spot, especially with how Avenger heavy the roster already is.
I still love the character but this just isn't her time

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Should vote changes even be allowed so late into the process?
People have the option to edit their posts before I close the voting; it just makes things a little more complicated for me since I need to double check the votes to make sure that my spreadsheet is up to date.

Top Bottom