• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm going to resubmit my favorito Batman character for this round. Some credits goes to PinkFlare PinkFlare whose previous moveset gave me some inspiration.
RED HOOD
General Playstyle
Red Hood mix his talent in Martial Arts with deadly firearms changing between close combat and zoning midmarch. There is no room for mercy with him.

Unique Action - Forbidden Chains
Jason has a series of special rekkas using his two pistols at point blank range, see Noel Vermillion's Drive that please ignore the fact that I name this exactly the same for a better reference. This chains can be cancelled from a normal attack, to a special move and between themselves, thought they can't be canceled to a normal attack again nor a special move can be canceled to a Forbidden Chain. These chains gives Jason invulnerability but they have a cost in the form of ammo, each attack during the chain consumes a pack of ammo and the battle starts with a total of 15 packs. After using all of them the next time you use the Unique Action button Jason would require a "reload" animation, thought you can do the reload manually using the move properly called "Reload" with 214 + UA Button.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Shurikens​
236 + XJason throws a set of shurikens at the opponent at once, different buttons throws the shurikens at different angles; This move functions similar to Batman's Batarang, however, it moves faster and applies bleed. While the projectile it's small and doesn't do too much damage, it's also very fast and sometimes unpredictable
Thunderclap​
214 + XJason uses his two electric crowbars to attack the opponent, the light version it's an overhead, the medium version is a low attack that knocksdown the opponent and the heavy version it's a strong unblockable attack (though it requires charge it). You can also hit his own grenades (see below) to overcharge them and do more damage.
Counter Parry​
623 + XActing as a parry, Jason starts out putting his arms in a defensive position, regularly only blocks mids and highs but the strong version makes him crouch allowing him to counter lows; From here, the player can either follow up with a combo attack, or perform the move's specific counter depending of the position where he was attacked, if it's attacked with a mid or high attack Jason grabs the opponent by the arm and twists it against their back, then grabs the opponent by the head and then slams them into the ground. If it's low he knockdown them with a leg press, then he stands up above the opponent and steps on them finishing with a single shot.
Neckbreaker​
63214 + XJason grabs the opponent switching sides in the screen, then he use a CQC technique to suffocate the opponent (yes even if that opponent is Starro) and when they are unconscious he cracks their neck (again even if it's Starro) knockdown them
Tether Grab​
421 + XJason throws a grapples onto the opponent, acting as a tethered grab, and pulls them in; There is a brief pause in which Jason can followup with an attack. If Jason misses the opponent, he will pull the hook back to him in a quick fashion, with the end of the hook acting as a reverse-projectile which can deal damage.
Grenade Toss​
22 + XJason unpins and throws a grenade in front of him with different arcs depending of the strength of the button pressed, which has a 3-second window before it explodes; It can be cooked, but this can backfire if not let go on time. They can also be overcharged with Eskrima Techniques to increase the blast radius.
Watch Your Steps​
22 + UA ButtonJason lays a Ground Mine in the ground, putting it directly near him. It explodes when the opponent pass over them or when Jason activates it with an explosion. There can only be a total of two Ground Mines at the same time.
Level 1 Super: Full Barrel
236236 + X (Air OK)Jason repeteadly fires shoots of his dual pistols, depending of the button used these shoots could be straight, crouching or as an anti-air. In the air they always shoot straight.
Level 1 Super: All-Blades
214214 + XJason summons the All-Blades, a pair of mystical blades manifested from Jason's own soul, he uses them to slash to the opponent at fast speed multiple times ending thrusting the blades to their back.
Level 2 Super:
Calling for Arsenal
632146 + XBelieve it or not, Jason has friends, one of them is Arsenal who he calls to shoot multiple arrows from the sky that explode in contact with the floor.
Level 3 Super:
Bloody Justice
All Buttons Pressed
Jason throws a flashbang grenade at the opponent and shoots it, causing it to explode; If the hitbox lands, the cinematic starts from the opponent's perspective, in which they are in a temporarily blinded daze.
They come back to the senses to see Jason rising on a motorcycle straight towards them, with a rifle in hand; Jason stands up and begins shooting them; Once he's out of ammo, he throws the rifle aside, and whips out his grapple hook to grab the opponent by the leg and drag them across from his motorcycle; Jason spins around, causing the opponent to experience an intense whiplash, as they're soaring right towards Jason, who, with a taser in hand, leaps off the motorcycle, electrocutes them in midair, and throws them onto the ground.
The cinematic ends from the opponent's PoV, with Jason standing over the them, and stomping right on their face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

444453117_46.jpg

Peacemaker

Christopher Smith is so dedicated to peace that he's prepared to do anything in order to achieve it, even if that means he has to kill. A fairly obscure character, who gained a lot of popularity due to his appearance in James Gunn's Suicide Squad, portrayed by John Cena, and his own self titled spin off. This would take from the DCEU version, which the comics have started doing anyway. He would use his gun, his shield, and his brute strengh. He could have some really fun interactions with the rest of out cast

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 229:V
images (1).jpeg

i know that a lot of people will think V as a guest character,but V of Vendetta is a comic book series of DC. V is a mysterious man with his iconic Guy Fawkes mask that was subject of experimentation that in increased his physical and cognitive capacibilities. Outside in comics,V just appears on an 2005 movie with same title and he doesn't appears in crossovers,video games,cartoons,TV series and other movies.

V's moveset would be he using weapons as dagger and old guns

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Raven will be Magik's rival, while Miles/Ultimate Spider-Man will be Static's rival! If nobody has a problem with it, I'll include Infinity Sorcerer's Magik moveset, since it's a collaboration between 2/3 of the people who normally contribute movesets, and I've got nothing to add to it or change it.

Job 229: nominate a DC anti-hero

Anti-heroes are anyone who isn't traditionally heroic (so, generally speaking, someone like Superman wouldn't fall into this category) Examples given when this category was nominated were Red Hood, Peacemaker, Bloodsport, and Lobo, though there are definitely others. (I'd argue that Booster Gold counts, for example, since he's very self-centered, using time travel for fame and profit)
#229:

Character Name: Metamorpho
Character Origin: The Brave and the Bold #57 (Jan, 1965)

Admittedly he's only sometimes an anti-hero but he's a second choice cut me some slack here

Metamorpho is an interesting case in that he was a character essentially designed to look... weird. Similarly to Plastic Man, he can freely control his body's properties - though unlike Plas, Metamorpho can shift his body into a wide variety of different elements - giving him a very unique feel that Plas doesn't really fill - for example, Metamorpho is able to shift into liquids or gases, as well as being able to shape different parts of his body as required. I'm aware there'll instantly be concern of overlap, but his ability to shift into different elements is an incredibly interesting one you can do a lot with if you desired, without it just boiling down to "stretchy man stretches".

Aside from that, Rex is also in a really cool position where he's still a popular character amongst DC's lineup but doesn't feel popular enough so as to be an obvious pick, even though he's seen quite a lot of love over time, such as in his near-constant role as one of the Outsiders, his brief period as a member of the Justice League International, and more recently his position in the Terrifics. It's a cool place for him to be, allowing Metamorpho to feel like a logical but unique pick for a game like this whilst also feeling like something fresh. So, yeah!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The term anti-hero can have a broad definition. Some anti-heroes can be rough and cynical, while some cross lines that more traditional, upstanding heroes won't, such as killing their enemies. Others can be good people who are heavily flawed, like my nomination...

Green Lantern!

...wait, that's not right... Red Tornado!

...no, but it definitely had a colour... Ah yes, Booster Gold!

A night watchman in a 25th century museum, Michael Jon Carter "borrowed" a functioning time machine and a security robot in order to go back to the era of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman so he could become a hero... and cash in on his newfound image.

Booster is looked down on by the superhero community for being self-centred and greedy (at one point, he covered his uniform in ads like he was a NASCAR driver and paid an actor to dress up as a supervillain so Booster could "defeat" the villain only for the villain to "escape"), but when push comes to shove, he can prove himself to be a true hero, even if nobody else knows what he did.

As a time traveler with a flying robot buddy, it seems like Booster has a lot of potential for a moveset, and he'd make for a good comedic character as well, doing things like pausing mid-battle to promote various brands in the DC universe, or having a super move where he sends the opponent through time before accidentally crashing his time machine into one driven by himself from five minutes in the future and stranding them all (Booster, Booster from 5 minutes from now, and the opponent) at the site of some historic disaster. (The time machines protect the Boosters and send everyone back to where they were)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I definitely ran through a few options for this round - Truth be told, this one had be stumped for a bit; I usually go into every round with a character or two already in mind, and unless they end up being submitted before I could do it, I very rarely stray away from said character.

But this was tough, and particularly because of how I wanted the options to play a lot. I genuinely love all of the characters submitted so far and want most of them to be in the roster, but looking at the top 3 (Half of our nominations), they're all Street Level characters, which is also the theme of our next round; The amount of overlap is staggering because all of them are likely to just funnel through to the next round and we end up with very similar nominations. In hindsight, I shouldn't have voted for the Street Level round, but I'm trying to work a way around it, so I ended up deciding on a non-street level character for nomination this time around.

I had a few options, but a lot of them were either too villainous to be considered Anti-Heroes or just didn't have much backing them. Except one..

Job 229: DC Anti-Hero
LOBO
Alias: The Main Man
First Appearance: Omega Men #3 (June, 1983)

That's right! The Main Man himself, Lobo, is here to rough up our competition! Which, yeah, is staggering competition for sure, but nonetheless! Originally created as a parody of highly masculine, violent characters such as Wolverine and The Punisher, Lobo took off in popularity as a premiere anti-hero for DC Comics, and has become engraved within the minds of fans as an ultra-true badass, as he rightfully should be. And truthfully, the scope of this one character is insane in of itself; An intergalactic, bike-riding bounty hunter capable of going toe to toe with DC's godly heroes; In fact, Lobo was banned from the afterlife for being such a d*uchebag, meaning he is, by all accounts, immortal! Of course, despite his jack*ss attitude, Lobo's not all bad; There are numerous occasions in which he works alongside heroes or does something justly, albeit for selfish reasons, and more often than not he'll follow it up with killing someone on contract. He's a complicated character, I know. He has had frequent run-ins with Superman, the Justice League and Green Lantern, and encounters with several other heroes already on the roster. He's an all-around rogue, that's for sure.

Fun Fact: Lobo is actually Stan Lee's favorite DC character.
To top this fact off, Lobo has had featured appearances in not one, but two Marvel crossovers! What a guy!

I considered typing up a moveset for him, but truthfully that gets tiresome and I feel that this character has enough positivity behind his inclusion to not necessitate it anyway. But of course, it's practically an obligation to go over his moveset potential, isn't it?
And, well, for such a fan-favorite and prominently used DC character, there's no shortage of it. Apart from having a featured inclusion as Injustice DLC (which was due to immense fan-demand, mind you), his arsenal is just stacked. Guns, yes, but don't forget his signature gutting-hook the Garrote, his space motorcycle, super regenerative-healing, strength, speed, and intensive smoking habit, several Lantern rings he was granted, the time he turned his bike into a working time machine, and some damn dog that he claims is "not his"! I actually might make a moveset later, there is a sheer amount of fun to be had with this. Seriously, this dude's got a penchant for being over the top and I love it.

Reasons for Inclusion:
  • Moveset potential
  • He's a fan-favorite
  • Unique and fun character interactions
  • Representation of cosmic DC (It is sorely underrepresented)
  • Past history with crossovers
  • Not a Street Level character
  • He loves Dolphins
  • And, of course, he's an Anti-Hero

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry for the delay; I had work.

dc anti hero dlc.png

-Red Hood ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Peacemaker (@Darkonedagger )
-V ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Metamorpho ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Booster Gold ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Lobo ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Lobo
2. Booster Gold
3. Red Hood

Job 230: nominate a Marvel boss

Nominate a Marvel character to be a boss for the game; so far, we've got the Beyonder and Knull, so there are plenty of other options. (As usual, you can include a potential moveset and a reward if you want to)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Booster Gold. I'd love to see this guy find his way into the game. One thing in particular that I think would be cool is seeing his interactions, especially with Blue Beetle. The blue-and-gold teamup is one that simply can't be missed out on, and his use of 25th-century technology would make him really neat!
2. V. A really logical pick given today's date. Honestly I think V would be so fun to see overall from his interactions alone - the inclusion of an interesting moveset would also be awesome. Bonus points if he flinches a couple of frames less than other characters when hit by projectiles, given "Ideas are bulletproof."
3. Peacemaker. Genuinely not even a bad pick, and I think both The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker help significantly in that. I've always been a fan of some of the Charlton picks, and he'd be so cool to see. Suggestion: can one of his specials involve him diving from a weather balloon and Pax Americana-ing his opponent? It might be his Earth-4 self but I think it's genuinely one of his most iconic comic moments from the last 20 years. (See attached image.)

Character Name: Dormammu
Character Origin: Strange Tales #126 (Aug, 1964)

I'm aware that someone like Galactus is one of the immediate choices people would make, but Dormammu is interesting in that he's a very explicitly magically-oriented villain who you could do absolutely loads with. We do obviously already have Doctor Strange here, but picture both his vast array of attacks combined with boss-level attacks and a perfect encapsulation of 60s-era Marvel aesthetics - that's how Dormammu's fight would feel. Obviously he's not traditionally someone you fight head on but he'd be a cool inclusion - and it doesn't hurt that he's seen a playable role already in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. He's in a great place for this role - a still well-known and powerful villain with plenty of very unique potential, but someone who doesn't feel overplayed or boring yet.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Just as an FYI, I'll likely post a boss nomination later today. I was thinking about renominating the Silver Surfer/Galactus Multiboss but I've decided on a different character this time, and I'll definitely get to work on a moveset for him because there's definitely an interesting fight to be had, and he ties into several other characters on the roster already.
Speaking of bosses, I never finished that Super Move for Amazo, so once I get my votes in I will. I also don't have a reward for him, and truth be told I can't think of a nice one I could use; I did have an idea of giving the boss himself alternate costumes you can change for when you fight him but I can't say that works functionally as a reward. Remains to be seen, really.

Anyway, I had to think about my votes a lot. This is what my final list is gonna be:

1. V
2. Lobo
3. Booster Gold

V is a really nice sleeper pick. When it comes to Alan Moore's original IPs, my mind always goes to Watchmen, but I absolutely do not think Watchmen is really suitable for the type of crossover this is (and Moore has already detested the constant exploitation of the IP since the original comic). But V for Vendetta is a different story; It follows similar themes but doesn't stand as an absolute deconstruction of superheroes like Watchmen, and the ending really suggests otherwise regardless; I'm a bit stumped when it comes to unique moveset potential for V, but I can totally go back and re-read the comic to piece something together; I think the concept in of itself has a lot of benefits. He would technically be a multiverse pick, the comic itself is timeless and iconic, he represents titles outside of the main DC Universe and honestly V is probably the most emblematic of what an Anti-Hero is, moreso than any other fictional character.

Lobo is a self-vote (sorry), but I really like the potential there is here. Whenever I do a write-up for a character I always take an active look at powers and abilities, and Lobo just kind of wowed me with how much fun there can be had with this guy. He's a popular character regardless and I wanted to go a little more cosmic than what the previous DC picks have been - the past 4 have all been more down to Earth, really, and the DC universe is bigger than that.

Booster Gold is a character I really want to see make the roster, but I don't consider him an anti-hero in the same vein as these other two, or even the other unlisted nominees. I just don't think this is his time yet, but he's still going to get the vote from me because he's absolutely worth the inclusion.

As for the others; I'm a bit eh on Metamorpho. He's not a character I'd be excited to see, in fact he's definitely background cameo material if anything, but atleast being able to shift into different states of matter is something we don't touch on a lot.
Red Hood and Peacemaker were both the top two characters for me, and I almost put them down as my number one, but in the end I didn't and it is solely because of overlap with future rounds. Both the Street Level round and Wildcard rounds are pretty much guaranteed to see them renominated, where the 3 I picked are not likely to see as much future consideration.
Also, I do want to cut down on Batman characters. 7 with DLC is a good number, 8 is pushing it. I'm still iffed on Poison Ivy winning over Red Hood but I won't dwell on that, really.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel boss nomination:

SHUMA-GORATH

Because when you have a Marvel crossover game, there's roughly a 50/50 chance that Shuma-Gorath is going to appear somehow. (maybe Shuma-Gorath could make it into the playable roster through the Beyond Human round, but I have my doubts)

I could see there being a first phase where you fight a human-sized version that's similar to the Marvel vs. Capcom version, but beating that gives Shuma-Gorath an opening to force more of itself into this dimension, shape-shifting into the larger version seen above.

There's not much to say here - he's a big shapeshifting Cthulhu-esque monster.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Lobo
2. Booster Gold
3. Red Hood

Job 230

Apocalypse or En Sabah Nur is a major villain for the X-men and is an all around popular character]

Apocalypse could take some notes from his older appearances from the comics and also X-men vs. Street Fighter, While utilizing his modern design and abilities that have come later.

D

Deleted member

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_5_12_Fantastic_Four_Villains_Variant_Textless.jpg

Galactus

The eater of worlds. An obvious pick, but one that makes sense, especially if we're going for the last Marvel boss. People would likely be waiting for his inclusion. And he brings a good sense of finality. He'd pull some moves and abilities from his appearance in MVC3, along with new moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We remembered, remembered, the fifth of November, but will that be enough to valiantly vanquish V's villains and verify his victory? We'll see...

Peacemaker: 5
Red Hood: 8
V: 8
Booster Gold: 13
Lobo: 14

By one fraggin' point, the Main Man (a.k.a. Lobo) will be our next character!

Lobo 5.png

Congrats to PinkFlare PinkFlare !

---

marvel bosses 2.png

-Dormammu ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Shuma-Gorath ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Apocalypse ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Galactus (@Darkonedagger)
-Kang the Conqueror ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )

Vote for your top three Marvel boss nominations, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Galactus
2. Dormammu
3. Shuma-Gorath

---

Job 231: nominate a moveset for Lobo

As usual, this will be open for a few days.

Job 232: nominate costumes for Lobo

Nominate a default costume, and up to seven alternates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lobo was the right pick here. Booster Gold would be great to see get in though.

1. Apocalypse
2. Galactus
3. Dormammu

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
KANG MOVESET (BOSS)
Alias: Nathaniel Richards
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #19

General Playstyle

Unique Ability - Master of Time

The focal point of Kang's boss fight is the manipulation of the timestream, in which it's use would alter the continuity of the fight in Kang's favor.
This action would start with the stage ripping apart in the background as a divergence jn the timestream opens up, and Kang, using his signature Time Chair, takes advantage of this.
Multiple effects can take place, including:
  • Kang restoring some health by shifting to a point in time where he had not taking damage
  • The player recieving additional damage by Kang bringing the timestream forward to a point where Kang had laid several blows
  • The positions of both fighters being changed due to a change in how events occurred
  • Super move meters for either the player or Kang being automatically filled
  • The player's costume or the stage being changed mid-fight

Special Move NameDescription
Concussive BoltsKang fires a concussive blast from the fingertips of his gauntlet, dealing a huge explosion
This move is on a cooldown
Anti-Gravity DeviceKang uses the anti-gravity device in his armor to render the player weightless, drastically increasing their jump height and air movement, but decreasing their damage output and attack speed, whilst also making them far more susceptible to knockback.

This move is on a cooldown
Electric ShockKang flexes his sexy muscles and outputs an electrical shock from his armor that gives back any damage it recieves. The player can still lower Kang's health, but at the cost of their own
HolographicKang creates a hologram of himself that mirror his movements and acts as a human shield, meaning Kang deals twice as many attacks but half as much damage
Force FieldKang sits in his time chair and activates a force field whilst he uses the chair to boost his time travel abilities

If the player dishes out enough damage, they can crack the force field and disrupt Kang's stat boost
Ultra-Diode Ray GunKang zaps the player with a blast from Rama-Tut's Ultra-Diode ray gun, disabling the use of non-physical attacks from the player, until Kang gets bored and restores those abilities by blasting them again
Tachyon Blast (Anti-Air)Kang rips his signature 40th Century rifle from the timestream and fires a stream of lasers diagonally before throwing the gun aside

Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - Time DivergenceKang uses his time chair to create a divergence in the timestream, and uses kt to freeze the present in place, with the exception of Kang himself. With the player essentially frozen, Kang dishes out a series of physical attacks, then unfreezes time and lets the damage land
Level 2 - Domacles BaseKang's ship flies above the background during the fight.
If Kang uses his Level 2 super, he will expend all his power into creating a giant hologram of himself, for which he grabs Domacles by the rear and uses the ship as a sword to strike the center of the stage, creating a shockwave as the area is decimated
Level 3 - Light of the Centuries Sphere (Cinematic)Kang supercharges his gauntlets and fires concussive bolts from all 10 fingers, creating a large explosion

If the player is caught within it, the cinematic starts, and Kang uses his ultimate weapon: The Light of the Centuries Sphere! A device in of itself capable of time travel, he uses it to bring the player forward in time; In fact, he brings them to his time, the 41st century! Caught within an apocalyptic event due to the crossing of the Multiverse, Kang leaves the player character to witness the fated outcome of events. Suddenly, Kang traps them within the sphere itself, shrinking them down to size before his disappears. The entire Earth as we know it collapses in on itself as the multiverse rips apart the entire known universe... all except for the Light of the Centuries Sphere.

Suddenly, is is brought back to the present, and the player character is released, sustaining damage from being caught within the destruction of future Earth

Reward:
Chronopolis (Though, this may change if we decide to make this the Season 3 Marvel stage)

---​
So, I originally intended for this to be my write-up for Kang yesterday during the actual nomination period. Unfortunately yesterday was just not in my favor and I had practically no time to do a moveset or even attach an inage without missing out entirely.
However, I have the time now, and I wanted to get the idea out as soon as I could. I doubt votes will change significantly, since the day is practically over, but I wanted this to be made. Speaking of which, here are my votes:

1. Dormammu
2. Kang
3. Apocalypse

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not as many votes today for some reason; not sure if most people were busy or what happened.

My Lobo costumes win by default, and the Lobo moveset job will continue for a few more days.

Shuma-Gorath: 1
Apocalypse: 5
Kang: 6
Dormammu: 8
Galactus: 10

The final Marvel boss will be Galactus! All of these were fitting inclusions, but I'm glad that we managed to get Galactus in here somehow. (we'll have a nomination period later for his moveset and his reward)

Job 233: nominate a Marvel character who isn't a human or a mutant

To quote the original prompt by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , "this can extend to alien races, Inhumans, monsters, machines - so long as it's not a living, breathing human (or mutant!), it's on the table." I feel like there might wind up being some grey areas here, but I figure I'll keep this open-ended and see how it turns out!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
MAHVEL NEWCOMER

THE VISION
Another one of those "how they never added him before?", especially considering Ultron's importance in Infinite alongside the stones, it is supposed that it's because how ****ing broken would he be, something that maybe its true, but I think it could have a very fun moveset.
Quickly resubmiting Vision.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Mematic_20221107_112529.jpg

Job 87 233: Cosmic Beyond Human Marvel Character (DLC)
ADAM WARLOCK
Alias: Him
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #66 (September 1967)

The anti-thesis to Thanos, a Guardian of the Galaxy, and one of the most powerful cosmic entities in the Marvel Universe; Of course, it is none other than Adam Warlock. To say he is important is merely scratching the surface; Warlock was responsible for massively expanding the scope of Marvel's cosmic storylines, being a central character in several key storylines, including the original Infinity War, in which he was responsible for defeating Thanos and Mephisto. If the Fantastic Four (and related characters) weren't being used, Adam Warlock was the go to Cosmic hero; he's essentially built a name for himself as a standalone Cosmic hero and one of the most important in Marvel's cosmic library; of course, this also doesn't stop him from being a core member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and one of the first to join Star-Lord's team after Annhilation.

Adam's basic abilities include superhuman speed, strength, agility, stamina and durability. Nothing too exhilirating, but once again, this merely scratches the surface. His powers beyond that include the ability ti manipulate the energy around him, particularly cosmic energy, to either fly or perform energy blasts; His cosmic powers would eventually grow more mystical as the type of energy he manipulated became grander, given him newly hightened abilities such as manifesting matter, creating forcefields and black holes, teleporation, resurrection (both on himself and others) and traveling faster than light; he can also read the cosmic aura of other individuals, not unlike Lucario's ability to read people's moral aura.
The most interesting of Warlock's ability is his evolutionary cocoon; Warlock can enter this cocoon for an extended period of time, and emerged more powerful than he was before, which was the process in which he gained and developed most of the powers listed above. It should be noted that leaving the cocoon before a full evolutionary process is done will result in him emerging in a weaker (but not vulnerable) state.
And the cherry on top: Adam has a history with the (all 6) Infinity Stones, but very specifically the Soul stone, in which he was it's owner for years, and gaining a full understand of it's power, including the realm within the Soul stone.
And just to flex his absolute power: Warlock has had one on one fights with Thor, Drax the Destroyer, Silver Surfer, Thanos and Mephisto, and won all of them.

Reasons for Inclusion: Warlock, despite being important to cosmic Marvel, is definitely not as popular as the other Guardians, Nova, or Silver Surfer; but this can equally be played as a strength. Not only has he not been in a fighting game, but he hasn't even been in any Ultimate Alliance game; this marks him as a character that's never been before in a moveset based crossover game, and on top of his insane moveset potential, this is new territory to be explored among Marvel's side of the roster. Moreover, his connection to Thanos, specifically being his arch-nemesis, makes his inclusion on the roster perfect as he would be a natural fit within this game's storyline, not to mention he already has a history of importance to Marvel's cosmic side of the universe.
And, this is insane to think about, but not a single Guardian of the Galaxy is on this roster yet. Adam has been a core member of the modern team since it was founded by Quill; having Warlock be the first Guardian in this roster would mark as both unexpected yet completely sensical, which the Marvel side of the roster needs. Either way, we need a Guardian, hence I nominate Adam.
Though Warlock's origin is a bit complicated, and has definitely changed and been retconned in between runs, I feel as if there can be a common consensus that, given his creation as a cosmic experiment and not being traditionally born and cloned as a human, he is therefore not human but rather alien.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Feel the furious fists of...

A shapeshifting alien dragon who inexplicably wears purple shorts, Fin Fang Foom's name loosely translates to "He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun". As a shape-shifter, he can alter his height - going by the Marvel wiki, the smallest that he's gone is 32 feet, though presumably, he can grow smaller. (he can start out at a more normal size in his intro and for a level 3 super) In addition, he's mastered the martial arts of his people, which (by sheer coincidence) resemble the martial arts that are found on Earth, so he's a skilled hand-to-hand fighter in addition to his various powers.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Blade
Character Origin: The Tomb of Dracula #10 (Jul, 1973)

I genuinely, unironically considered Morbius for this role.

I feel like a vampire dhampir is an interesting inclusion for a role like this, and Blade felt like an obvious pick to capture just that. Aside from just being really cool, he's also pretty important in his own right - the focus of one of Marvel's earliest successful films back in 1998, and seeing a future release in the MCU, it's interesting to see how this character has developed over time.

Aside from just being your archetypical "fights with weapons" character, Blade's various vampiric abilities - and unique fighting style - would be awesome to represent. Whether it be him using wooden stakes for thrusting stabs forward, tossing his chakram around him in reference to that amazing scene from the Wesley Snipes film, or even being able to (partially) transform into a bat for an attack or two, he'd have a very unique nature that would give him a pretty interesting feel compared to other characters.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Are characters that were human but permanently transformed into a non-human ala Man-thing allowed?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Are characters that were human but permanently transformed into a non-human ala Man-thing allowed?
I think so. I'm willing to accept Man-Thing, at least, since going by the Marvel wiki and TV Tropes, he acts entirely on instinct and only has brief flickers of his former life, making him seem similar to a zombie. (I'm not 100% sure, though - Man-Thing is not a character that I'm familiar with)

Also, looking him up on the Marvel wiki, his origin story took a few twists and turns: "Dr. Ted Sallis was transformed into the Man-Thing after he injected himself with a cocktail of hazardous biochemicals derived from the Super Soldier Serum and crashed his car into a mystical swamp." You know, as one tends to do.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You know, as one tends to do.
And that Mystical Swamp is the nexus of all realities, Just a normal tuesday.

Anyways

Man-thing

Man-thing, real name Theodore Salis, was a doctor who was transformed into the monstrous man-thing, losing his sense of self and gaining the powers of Plant Matter and due to him Guarding the Nexus Of All Realities other supernatural abilities as well

Man-thing would be a fun selection and is becoming a more popular character due to his appearance in Werewolf By Night

D

Deleted member

de8goep-b482590c-bc31-4242-ab51-3536882c913a (1).png

Howard the Duck

I feel like we can afford to have another weird pick. But Howard is also a genuinely fun character who I'm surprised was never in a MVC. A nior detective duck seems like a character who could have a very fun moveset. He'd use quack fu, and lots of refrnaces to his comic adventures

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I dont know if this would count but I submit Carnage.
Unless there's some recent development that I'm unaware of, I don't think that he'd count. Unlike Blade, he wasn't turned into an undead being, and unlike Man-Thing, he's still human underneath the symbiote.

---

Here are the nominees for the Beyond Human round:

Marvel non-human nominees.png

-The Vision ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Adam Warlock ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Fin Fang Foom ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Blade ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Dormammu ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Man-Thing ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Howard the Duck (@Darkonedagger)

1. The Vision
2. Howard the Duck
3. Man-Thing

---

Job 235: nominate a reward for beating Amazo

We hadn't determined a reward for beating Amazo, so I figured that could be handled today. In the past, rewards have been stages, a costume, or at times, a set of cards.

Job 236: nominate a reward for beating Galactus

Likewise, we hadn't picked a reward for beating Galactus, and I don't see any harm in getting both of those jobs done today.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Unless there's some recent development that I'm unaware of, I don't think that he'd count. Unlike Blade, he wasn't turned into an undead being, and unlike Man-Thing, he's still human underneath the symbiote.

---

Here are the nominees for the Beyond Human round:

View attachment 363416
-The Vision ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Adam Warlock ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Fin Fang Foom ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Blade ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Dormammu ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Man-Thing ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Howard the Duck (@Darkonedagger)

1. The Vision
2. Howard the Duck
3. Man-Thing

---

Job 235: nominate a reward for beating Amazo

We hadn't determined a reward for beating Amazo, so I figured that could be handled today. In the past, rewards have been stages, a costume, or at times, a set of cards.

Job 236: nominate a reward for beating Galactus

Likewise, we hadn't picked a reward for beating Galactus, and I don't see any harm in getting both of those jobs done today.
I kinda remind that after die in Venomized he was rescued by Knull's cult and he end fused with the symbiote due his exposition to Grendel or something like that, maybe I misunderstood that.

Anyway, if he isnt eligible.
  1. Blade
  2. Adam Warlock
  3. Man-Thing

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Gonna be honest I think that's a little unfair. Blade is still half-human, not undead, so I'm honestly a bit surprised he even qualifies, and since he does count then it should be free game for Carnage as well; This is also in addition to the symbiote technically being a separate entity from the host.
However, I wouldn't vote for Carnage regardless and it seems like we're a bit too deep into the weird for him to be included. Still, I felt like this should be called out.

Speaking of votes:

1. Blade
2. Adam Warlock
3. Howard the Duck

I feel like this is a very solid lineup of nominees, just like the Anti-Heroes. Though, I feel as if these 3 would be the better additions to the roster overall, given their overall popularity in Marvel, moveset potential amd representation of the universe.

Lobo moveset later today

Huh. Weird.
You're weird

Top Bottom