• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC Extended Universe Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Figured since I made one on the MonsterVerse and there being also one on the MCU. May as well make a thread for this one as well.

Man of Steel (2013)
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
Suicide Squad (2016)
Wonder Woman (2017)
Justice League (2017)/Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)
Aquaman (2018)
Shazam! (2019)
Birds of Prey (2020)
Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
The Suicide Squad (2021)

Upcoming:

Black Adam (2022)
The Flash (2022)
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2022)
Batgirl (2022)
Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023)

To say the least. I think the DCEU is finally getting on with their game with some of their movies most recently treating and acting standalone and separate from each other. Shazam! and The Suicide Squad being my favorites and looking much forward to Black Adam. This is how I think they should continue to do this.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
The Zack Snyder cut should have never been released. Mostly because it Partially because it didn't even exist until they put almost enough to make a new movies budget into it but mostly because Zack should have never been allowed to do another DC movie agaiin after the one-two stink punch of Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman.

On a different note, The Suicide Squad was awesome.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
more SnyderCut and more John Cena as Peacemaker

osby

Smash Obsessed
So far, my experience with DCEU has been like this;

Amazing: Shazam, Birds of Prey
Pretty good: Wonder Woman
Alright: Aquaman
Meh: The Suicide Squad (2021), Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Not fun: Man of Steel, Suicide Squad (2016), Justice League
Didn't watch: Zack Snyder's Justice League, Wonder Woman 1984

Overall, not great. I'll keep an eye for Batgirl and Flash movies and definitely watch the Shazam sequel, though. The others, I'm not so interested in.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'll keep an eye for Batgirl and Flash movies and definitely watch the Shazam sequel, though. The others, I'm not so interested in.
Sadly, Batgirl was cancelled by Warner Bros. Discovery even though it was very close towards completion.

As I said before, I do feel very sorry to those who were involved from the directors, cast, the production etc, whose hard work and effort all ended up being wasted.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sadly, Batgirl was cancelled by Warner Bros. Discovery even though it was very close towards completion.

As I said before, I do feel very sorry to those who were involved from the directors, cast, the production etc, whose hard work and effort all ended up being wasted.
Same, and after the news about Flash's lead actor, not sure if I even want to see it anymore.

DCEU makes it hard to actually enjoy it, doesn't it?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Same, and after the news about Flash's lead actor, not sure if I even want to see it anymore.

DCEU makes it hard to actually enjoy it, doesn't it?
Recently, David Zaslav (CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery) made a statement about their objectives and plans during the Q2 meeting:

"The objective is to grow the DC brand, to grow the DC characters," he said. "But also, our job is to protect the DC brand, and that's what we're going to do."

But how exactly does this strategy justify their decision for the Flash whose lead actor is already being problematic and controversial in contrast to Batgirl's cancellation which was already a missed opportunity that would had helped grow the DC brand grow even further.

Wonder Twins which was the other DC property that was supposed to be in the works was also cancelled before it even got started, plus I heard rumours that other properties such as Sasha Calle's Supergirl film could be under threat too.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Recently, David Zaslav (CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery) made a statement about their objectives and plans during the Q2 meeting:

"The objective is to grow the DC brand, to grow the DC characters," he said. "But also, our job is to protect the DC brand, and that's what we're going to do."

But how exactly does this strategy justify their decision for the Flash whose lead actor is already being problematic and controversial in contrast to Batgirl's cancellation which was already a missed opportunity that would had helped grow the DC brand grow even further.

Wonder Twins which was the other DC property that was supposed to be in the works was also cancelled before it even got started, plus I heard rumours that other properties such as Sasha Calle's Supergirl film could be under threat too.
It's simple: Warner Bros. is run by dumbasses. That's all it is, plain and simple stupidity.

It makes me sad too, because it means we'll never get to see good official DC content, but it is what it is. The fan content is better anyway.

Top Bottom