• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC Comics general discussion

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since there was one for Looney Tunes, I figured why not one for DC Comics. I realize there are four characters currently on the roster but DC has a rich history of iconic characters and unique choices represented across multiple media, many that can fill the archetypes of other fighters and ones that could bring some new ideas to the table as well

A062685C-3CFA-42E6-AD58-8F9D26146719.jpeg

So what DC characters do you guys believe could/should be further added to this game?

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Jarro, Teen Titans, Dex-Starr, Joker all have enough support to where I could see them making it in the game. I've also seen a few people ask for Slade/ Deathstroke

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think I'd enjoy seeing some of DC's acquired characters making their way into MultiVersus.

Heroes like Plastic Man, Blue Beetle and Shazam are a part of the universe since decades ago but some of the more recent members such as Static, John Constantine or Midnighter and Apollo would all be great additions imo.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
DC already has about 4 characters in the game. I personally hope DC does not turn out to be the Fire Emblem of Multiversus in terms of representation. However, I'm in the need of wanting The Joker himself as well as Beast Boy. Also, I think Krypto would be cool to promote the new DC Super Pets movie.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
DC already has about 4 characters in the game. I personally hope DC does not turn out to be the Fire Emblem of Multiversus in terms of representation. However, I'm in the need of wanting The Joker himself as well as Beast Boy. Also, I think Krypto would be cool to promote the new DC Super Pets movie.
DC is technically a "series", but it's also a sub-company along the lines of Cartoon Network or Hanna-Barbera. I'd say we have one character from the Wonder Woman "Series", one from the Superman series, and two from the Batman series (though Harley Quinn has kinda spun off from him).

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
My favorite aspect of DC is the supernatural and oddity characters, so basically, everyone who has been in Justice League Dark would make me happy with a confirmation. I said it in the nomination thread earlier, but Zatanna is one of my all-time favorite heroes, and I would love her or John Constantine especially just to see what they could do with a fun magic attack-themed character.

I also don't want oversaturation with Batman (but it's going to happen anyway), but that said, it would be nice to have a Batgirl or Oracle assist character in some way. Even though I'm mixed on Batman stuff, I've pretty consistently enjoyed her stories and character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My favorite aspect of DC is the supernatural and oddity characters, so basically, everyone who has been in Justice League Dark would make me happy with a confirmation. I said it in the nomination thread earlier, but Zatanna is one of my all-time favorite heroes, and I would love her or John Constantine especially just to see what they could do with a fun magic attack-themed character.
One super obscure character that I'd love is Black Alice.

She has the ability to copy the powers of any magical being in the DC Universe so you can get really creative with her attacks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Starro the Conqueror is a definitely must for this game.

Another example of a "big" character like The Iron Giant and presumably
Godzilla assuming Legendary leaving WB doesn't scrap him as what happened with Gandalf.

Also would like to see King Shark. The dude's been getting more popular over the years. I feel he deserves a spot in this game.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Remind me what Starro’s powers are? All I know of is his mind control babies and I’m not sure if those can be implemented without being super broken
Size changing and he had 5 sinestro corps rings at one point

Oh and I think he can control other starfish

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh and I think he can control other starfish
Smaller versions of himself that he releases to control others to be precise.

On top of that given his canon size, obviously superhuman strength and is also capable of flight.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, something I was wondering about.

If Rorschach were to get into the game, would it be likely for the character who inspired his creation, The Question, to serve as an alt?

I also don't want oversaturation with Batman (but it's going to happen anyway), but that said, it would be nice to have a Batgirl or Oracle assist character in some way. Even though I'm mixed on Batman stuff, I've pretty consistently enjoyed her stories and character.
As a Batman fan, I wouldn't mind the oversaturation, Zatanna did interact with the Batfamily a fair amount of times before in some fashion. Incidentally, Zee and Batgirl are among the main cast of DC Super Hero Girls nowadays. Zatanna's one of my favorite DC heroes, to boot, so I'd love to see her get in here especially seeing as she got into Injustice 2's mobile version.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
So, something I was wondering about.

If Rorschach were to get into the game, would it be likely for the character who inspired his creation, The Question, to serve as an alt?

As a Batman fan, I wouldn't mind the oversaturation, Zatanna did interact with the Batfamily a fair amount of times before in some fashion. Incidentally, Zee and Batgirl are among the main cast of DC Super Hero Girls nowadays. Zatanna's one of my favorite DC heroes, to boot, so I'd love to see her get in here especially seeing as she got into Injustice 2's mobile version.
That seems likely (that the question would be an alt) I would also like to see prison Rorschach without the mask. He’s one of my most wanteds (top ten)

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Seeing as DC Comics has their own versions of the Fawcett Comics characters and I've been on a huge Fawcett Comics kick lately. I would love to see some of their superheroes such as Spy Smasher, Ibis the Invincible, or Bulletman and Bulletgirl in Multiversus.

Top Bottom