• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBZ: The Real Abridged Series ALL FANS OF DBZ SHOULD SEE THIS

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Christmas LMAO Nah sorry about us not having it done. But really, we are quite busy these days so I would think it will take another month or two to finish it. The good news is that it's going to be over 30 minutes long.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
There's another one of these on Youtube. It' s by TeamFourStar and it's hilarious, It's called TFS Dragonball Z: Abridged Parody. It's hilarious.

Here's one of the episodes, it's very funny.

I've heard of another one called Dragonball Z Next Dimension or Dead Zone or something that's supposed to be even funnier.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
They're good, but we're BETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I actually don't know if I'd go so far to say that... You're both just so different, it's tough to compare...

I think it'd be awesome if you guys cameo'd in TeamFourStar, and they cameo'd in something of yours. I know they're fans of yours, so I'm sure they'd be willing.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That is true. I was greatly surprised when Lanipator wrote that our episode 4 is one of his favorite videos on youtube. In fact, I'm surprised in general at how much everyone loves that ep. I think it's great, but I strongly dislike the first 2 minutes of it because it's so slow. That's what we've tried to fix with ep 5. We're making sure that there are no slow moments and that every second is entertaining. I think we've succeeded so far, but we have such a long way to go.

Also, I think TeamFourStar has talent, but big chunks of each of their eps aren't funny. I might laugh 5 times in one of their 10 minute vids. Is that really worth watching? Not really. To me, if the scene isn't funny, or it doesn't build to something funny, it should be removed. They have a lot of useless and unfunny scenes and jokes throughout most of their eps, which actually makes it painful to watch at times. I know they can do better because when they do make me laugh, I laugh pretty hard. They just have to work more on their writing. That being said I do respect them for being able to make those eps in such a quick amount of time, even though the writing suffers greatly. At least they give their fans something every 2 weeks, so props to them for that.

I, however, believe an ep isn't worth releasing unless it's as funny as you can make it. Skins and I have rewritten episode 5 to death and we're still constantly making changes and adding new things. I really can't wait for you guys to see what we have in store for you. This ep is going to be over 30 minutes long.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
That is true. I was greatly surprised when Lanipator wrote that our episode 4 is one of his favorite videos on youtube. In fact, I'm surprised in general at how much everyone loves that ep. I think it's great, but I strongly dislike the first 2 minutes of it because it's so slow. That's what we've tried to fix with ep 5. We're making sure that there are no slow moments and that every second is entertaining. I think we've succeeded so far, but we have such a long way to go.

Also, I think TeamFourStar has talent, but big chunks of each of their eps aren't funny. I might laugh 5 times in one of their 10 minute vids. Is that really worth watching? Not really. To me, if the scene isn't funny, or it doesn't build to something funny, it should be removed. They have a lot of useless and unfunny scenes and jokes throughout most of their eps, which actually makes it painful to watch at times. I know they can do better because when they do make me laugh, I laugh pretty hard. They just have to work more on their writing. That being said I do respect them for being able to make those eps in such a quick amount of time, even though the writing suffers greatly. At least they give their fans something every 2 weeks, so props to them for that.

I, however, believe an ep isn't worth releasing unless it's as funny as you can make it. Skins and I have rewritten episode 5 to death and we're still constantly making changes and adding new things. I really can't wait for you guys to see what we have in store for you. This ep is going to be over 30 minutes long.
Well, funny is a matter that changes from person to person, and the bare truth is that you can't please everyone.

For example, I find the majority of their 2nd, 4th, and 5th episodes to be funny, as well as over half of their 3rd episode, and while our differing opinions have bearing on the other, they do prove that perceptions change per person.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
It's not my kind of humor. I only laughed a couple of times. I only watched 4 though. I did love Frieza's line "-Sigh-, I guess if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Send the Ginyu Force!"

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs...release the episode or I will kill you
AHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

Holy **** man you're alive LOL don't worry buddy, Mike and I have the absolute funniest DBZ related vid you'll ever see almost ready. It'll be worth the wait too cause it's gonna be about 40 minutes long (I'm not kidding lmao).

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It's coming don't worry. lmao it gets funnier every time we work on it, but it's still going to be a while. I hope we can get it out by the one year mark after ep 4's release december 8 2007

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Obviously, there's something called real life that gets in the way. We're clearly not going to spend every waking hour on this. We have work and class and other more serious things in our lives, so it's entirely believable that this 30 minute+ long vid would take a year if we're working on it every other weekend. Honestly, I'm so busy on weekdays do you really think I want to spend my days off editing? Hell no. It's an absolute pain. It's only really fun when we see **** coming together and we finish hilarious scenes. But it takes hours for that and during that time it's agonizing.

jiggz kirbz

Smash Journeyman
About a year ago, skins2153 and I got tired of all the godawful dbz abrdiged series out there and decided to make our own. Though our first episode isn't amazing, it was widely regarded as being better than everyone else's. Our ep 2 was hailed as a towering achievement over the first and was superior in every way. Ep 3 was met as a decent ep with it's moments. And then.....Ep 4 blew everyone away. There has not been one negative comment on it and everyone who sees it begs us to come out with ep 5 soon.

Conclusion: Our episode 4 is the best of the series, so if you find yourself bored at any point with the other eps ( should only happen in ep 1) immediately skip to ep 4 and prepare to die laughing. All fans of dbz love it. Skins2153 and I HATE our first ep, but it's there to show you where we started, and how far we've come. I fully recommend eps 2 and 3 as well, as they are also very good.

EPISODE FOUR IS OUR CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT so before you bash our series, watch ep 4 and you'll have no complaints, I promise.

Episode One (remember, we hate it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FodiBI5cIlw

Episode Two (great ep)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-tdGCnMTA&feature=related

Episode Three (good ep)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGe5K4qOyJA&watch_response

Episode Four (AMAZING EP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMd5dDP--1s&watch_response

Enjoy, and remember to SUBSCRIBE to skins2153's account. It has been quite some time since we released episode 4 and episode 5 is coming. It's taking us so long because we want to top ep 4 in every regard. If you loved ep 4, you haven't seen anything yet. And the scary thing is....ep 6 will blow all of them out of the water.
Lol if you want to see something really funny find Yu-Gi-Oh abridged series.!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I haven't watched Dragonball since 4th grade and I don't like anime, but I just saw your second episode and this is really really god**** funny.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well, just watched the latest ep for the third time this week...

MY PRIDE! is probably my favorite scene, next to the "Pray the Purple One Doesn't Come" part(s).

Excellent job over all, though I'm hoping the next one doesn't take as long. :D

EDIT: Also, I'm curious as to who does which voices. I can tell a distinct difference between certain characters to the point of where I can tell there are two voice actors, but I don't know who's who, and some characters don't sound close to either...

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Did you make sure to see all three parts? LOL I'm surprised you didn't mention the Haruhi scene :p

Anyway yeah Ep 5 is out and in three parts so everyone watch it and spread the word.

Yeah Skins and I are the only two who work on this thing including the voices. In ep 5 I voice Vegeta, Krillin, King Kai, Master Roshi, Captain Ginyu, Jeice, the narrator at the beginning, the annoucer guy when Vegeta raids Frieza's ship, and a few random other side characters.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
not to be rude but i think the other abridged was better
some reasons are it's funnier, more well edited, better voices these are just some and again don't take this personal this is just what i think and hell what do i know? i just watch all the YTAS, NTA and DBZAS

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Haruhi scene was hilarious, but just the way "MY PRIIIIIIDE" was yelled made me lol for so long.

Oh, and My Vegeta. Another great spot.

"OH MY GOD. I MISSED MY PERIOD."

Insta-classic quote.

Top Bottom