• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
DBR PRESENTS
JULY 15-17th 2011
Hosts: sidefx, the GERM, King

Registration will be taken at the RAMADA INN on Thursday JULY 14th! We will NOT be taking registration at the door!

SABERGAMING ADDING $6,000 TO THE POT!
more details below​

You just had to be there.

No other way to explain it, really. For those that had the pleasure of attending our inaugural event, there is no way to truly express or elucidate all that Genesis encompassed with mere words. Sure, one can mention certain aspects of that incredible three-day event, trying to explain their experience through individual memories. But all that truly does is distill the experience...

You would had to have been there, smack-dab in the middle of our 8,500 square foot venue, surrounded by hundreds of the most recognized and accomplished smashers known to our community from all across the world, realizing only then that you've finally reached your destination.

You would had to have been there, lodged within the Smash Dormitories that was our hotel affiliate proceeding each day's events; an entire complex packed to the brim with smashers from all across the country, with SoCal's charter bus parked just outside.

You would had to have been there, watching in awe as the prodigal representative of Europe fulfilled his legacy by fighting his way through nearly every renowned American player we could muster.

You would had to have been there, buried within a mosh-pit crowd of smashers hundreds deep, the atmosphere transitioning from suspense to elation in a heartbeat while the venue practically exploded with emotion and pride during one of the most incredible and memorable Grand Finals to ever bestow our community; losing your voice in the moment; chills running down your spine after every breath.

Well... Genesis is back. And this time, you can't afford to miss it.

From the same crew that brought you one of the most memorable Nationals in history, which sported the highest attendance rate, deepest pool of competition and most ridiculous prize pools ever for smash ($20,000), we've returned to continue our tournament franchise with a vengeance. We have taken what we learned from the first event, and will be bending over backwards building upon it to bring you the most incredible tournament experience of your life, the likes of which this community has never seen.

Here is a taste of Genesis for those of you who did not attend, or just want to relive the experience.

MUST WATCH VIDEOS BELOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6MJboFXRSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJekMKtoPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqwSnhmpsxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3MruUZGO7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FyhQmt2ZXc

Venue:
Contra Costa County Fairgrounds
1201 W. Tenth St., Antioch, CA, 94509

The venue IS walking distance from the Ramada Inn.
(More info later)

Hotel:

Ramada Inn
2436 Mahogany Way, Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 754-6600 – (800) 272-6232

THERE IS NO ONLINE RESERVATION AVAILABLE. YOU MUST CALL.

The reason for this is we negotiated a smaller increase in price from last time, in favor of having the WHOLE hotel reserved for us, and ONLY us. The only way to do this was to black out the dates on the online reservation sites, which in turn made it impossible for anyone to reserve via their website or a 3rd party hotel website.

When calling, please be sure to make the reservation under the function name, "GENESIS 2". They will know what you are talking about and you will receive the discounted prices.

Also, if you plan on cramming 20 people in a room, please dont expect 20 towels or pillow for every one of you. Bring your own stuff if you plan on having a ton of people in your room, and PLEASE BE RESPECTABLE. They are very lenient as to what goes down, (like people passing out pool side all night, or the numerous parties going on in each room) but just dont be a *******, and BREAK ALCOHOL BOTTLES IN THE JACUZZI *coughphannacough*

Enjoy yourselves guys, this is going to ****ing amazing.

Price Info:

Standard Queen: $59.00 / per night - SOLD OUT!
  • One queen sized bed
Double Queen: $69.00 / per night SOLD OUT!
  • Two queen sized beds
Executive Queen: $69.00 / per night SOLD OUT!
  • One queen sized bed
  • One pull out couch
  • More space
Parlor Suite: $79.00 / per night SOLD OUT!
  • One queen sized bed
  • One pull out couch
  • Kitchen
  • More space

There are not many executive queen, or parlor suites available, so if you decide on reserving one of those rooms for a group of your friends, so so quickly, because they will be going very fast.

Basically, whatever stories you may have heard or memories you may have from the first time around... expect it all again for Genesis 2. We are in as good standing as can be with the hotel management, which means that this is a Smash Dorm if you've ever seen one. Just imagine hundreds of smashers, roaming door to door, playing brawl and melee all night with everyone from the tourney. Believe me and the dozens of others who've said it, when I say that it's even more fun than it sounds.

You also really couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel is surrounded by multiple places to eat such as In n' Out and Del Taco, and ranges from fast food to sit-down restaurants, all within walking distance. Not to mention that the venue, too, is within reasonable walking distance.

Internet/Stream:
THERE WILL BE A LIVESTREAM AT GENESIS2!!!

Think TeamSpooky livestreams =)

SCHEDULE:

This schedule is NOT set in stone. This is only used as a rough outline of how we will be proceeding with the events at the tournament.

IMPORTANT!

YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 2:30pm ON FRIDAY TO FIND A TEAMMATE AND INFORM A TO FOR BRAWL/MELEE/64.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TEAMMATE YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND

IMPORTANT!

It is important to note, players who will be participating in multiple games will be given alternating pools. For example, if Player1 is entered in Brawl Singles and Melee Singles, they will be put in Wave 1 Melee singles pools, and Wave 2 of Brawl singles pools. They will not overlap, and the person will have sufficient time to play their matches without the possibility of disqualification or delaying the tournament.

Each event will have multiple WAVES of pools for each ROUND. For instance, Melee singles will have roughly 3 WAVES of 16 pools for ROUND 1 pools. Each round will have fewer and fewer waves of pools.

Melee Singles Pools: 3 Rounds (of roughly 6-8 people in each pool)
Melee Teams Pools: 2 Rounds (of roughly 5-6 teams in each pool)

Brawl Singles Pools: 3 Rounds (of roughly 6-8 people in each pool)
Melee Teams Pools: 2 Rounds (of roughly 5-6 teams in each pool)

SSB64 Singles Pools: 1 Round (Dependent on number of entrants)
SSB64 Teams Pools: (Dependent on number of entrants)

Project:M Singles: Bracket Only

DAY ONE: (Friday)

9:00am
  • Doors open. Check in and warm ups begin.

11:30am
  • Important announcements

12:00pm
  • 1st round singles pools for Brawl & Melee begin.

4:00pm
  • 1st round teams pools for Brawl & Melee begin.

7:00pm
  • 2nd round of singles pools for Brawl & Melee begin.

11:00pm
  • Close for the night.

DAY TWO: (Saturday)

• Doors open. Warm ups begin.

11:00am
  • 2nd round of teams pools for Brawl & Melee begin.

1:00pm
  • 3rd round singles pools for Brawl & Melee begin.

3:00pm
  • CREW BATTLE! (either EC vs WC, or USA vs the WORLD!)
  • SSB64 Singles (Pools or Bracket) begin
  • Project:M Singles Bracket begins

• Close for the night.

(we have allowed plenty of time for pools to finish on this day, and will be done early. Other forms of entertainment besides crew battles will most likely happen on this day, which includes a special dance performance by our very own Mitchell TANG, and also possibly some sort of live entertainment we are keeping under wraps until it has been 100% confirmed.)

DAY THREE: (Sunday)

• Doors open. Warm ups begin.

12:00pm
  • Teams Bracket will begin for Brawl & Melee

4:00pm
  • CREW BATTLE! (either EC vs WC, or USA vs the WORLD!)

5:00pm
  • Singles Bracket will begin for Brawl & Melee (we are aiming for a 48 man bracket)

• Close for the night.

Now for us to adhere to this schedule above, we will need to be very strict on DQ's. We will have people standing "on deck" (which means you will be waiting at a certain tv to hop on the moment the previous players are done with their set).

We are expecting well over 60 tv's which is more than enough to accomplish the schedule above.

Please help us by being on time and organized to help the tournament a long and not make me lose anymore hair.

Local Transportation:

In the Bay Area we have an awesome public transportation system. If you are flying into San Francisco or Oakland you have an option of taking a BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) train directly from the airport, straight to the vicinity of Antioch.

We will also have dedicated drivers picking people up back and forth from the BART station. I will personally hand deliver your *** to the venue myself if you dont have a ride. Or i will find someone to do so. Regardless of shuttle/taxi, you will have a ride to and from the venue.

I will be posting up driver details in the coming weeks with names and phone numbers to better schedule your arrivals/departures.

Please use the link below to post what time you will be arriving at BART to ensure a ride to the hotel.

Transportation from BART to HOTEL thread

BART:

Bay Area Rapid Transit, or better known as BART is the Bay Areas subway/metro system. If you do or don't have a car, it is probably the cheapest and most convenient way to travel around the Bay Area. It picks you up straight from two of the main airports (SFO and OAK) and takes you straight through downtown San Francisco, through Berkley, and also to the end of the line, the Pittsburg/Bay Point BART station, where the venue is closest to.

Trains arrive/depart daily at SFO every 15-20 minutes.

Weekdays
Arrivals @ SFO: 5:28 AM - 1:35 AM
Departures from SFO: 5:28 AM - 11:54 PM

Saturday
Arrivals @ SFO: 6:35 AM - 1:35 AM
Departures from SFO: 6:07 AM - 11:54 PM

Sunday
Arrivals @ SFO: 8:35 AM - 1:35 AM
Departures from SFO: 8:07 AM - 11:54 PM

Details on how to use BART from which airport, or city will be covered below. Feel free to click on the link below for a visitor's guide.

http://www.bart.gov/docs/visitorguide0610.pdf

Also there is a list of BART Apps you can use to better plan your schedule around, and also find out departure times on certain stations.

http://www.bart.gov/schedules/developers/appcenter.aspx

BUS:

If you plan on taking a bus from the Pittsburg/Bay Point BART Station, be warned it will take a while for you to get to the venue. It will take roughly 1 hour to reach the venue, and a small walk. If at all possible, please avoid using the bus. Its tiresome and inconvenient, but if you have no other ride, or short on cash then knock yourself out =).

The cost to ride the bus is $1.75, but since you just got off of BART, you can get on for free if you make sure you get a transfer voucher ticket from inside the BART station, before you exit. They are usually a small little box with a red button on it. Just present that to your bus driver and you get on for free.

TriDelta Transit - 387 - towards Tri Delta Transit - Fare $ 1.75 Schedule
Board, E Corner of Pittsburg/Bay Point Bart
Off Board, N Corner of L Street & 9th Street (61 min ride)

TriDelta Transit - 388 - towards Kaiser & Deer Valley - Fare $ 1.75 Schedule
Board, E Corner of Pittsburg/Bay Point Bart (next 10:46am)
Off Board, Pittsburg/Antioch Highway & Somersville (54 min ride)

For more detailed information, you can visit http://511.org/.

Airports:

San Francisco International (SFO): BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) aka our subway/metro service, runs directly from underneath this airport. Trains depart 3-4 times an hour so catching a train wont be a problem. It is unfortunately the most expensive airport to fly into, compared to Oakland, and San jose. It is roughly a 1 hour and 30 minute ride from SFO to Pittsburg/Baypoint (the station closest to the Genesis 2 venue).

Oakland International (OAK): BART access to this airport is a little tricky. You will need to ride a shuttle service to the BART station located roughly 10 minutes away. Oakland is probably your best overall bet for convenience, price, and location. It's located right in the middle of the Bay Area, which makes it easier to find housing or rides to and from the venue. The only inconvenient thing is the shuttle to the BART station.

San Jose International (SJO): There is no BART access to this airport. It is located in the South Bay, roughly 20-25 minutes driving distance from the nearest BART station. It is the furthest of the three airports in the Bay, and probably one of the cheapest as well, but it comes at a price. The location of the airport is the farthest of the three, and is the most inconvenient. Unless you have housing in the immediate area, I highly suggest you not book your flights to fly into San Jose, unless you are familiar with the public transportation in the area, or else you'll be paying a lot for a taxi.

Airline prices have sky rocketed recently, so holding out any long will only result in higher prices. I highly suggest you buy as soon as possible.

Kayak.com is a good site to browse for ticket sales, as is Priceline.com.

Setups:

After the disappointment from the first Genesis, we are going to make a real push to provide the tournament with as many setups as humanly possible. However, while we are securing some stockpiled TV's to use for the event, we aren't capable of supplying the entire event with Wii's and Gamecubes.

Just like (almost) any other tournament, this is where the community comes in! WE NEED YOU!

NorCal: We need your help! It will reflect terrifically on our community here if everyone who's attending can step up to the plate and bring anything you can spare! We need Televisions (CRT's, not plasmas/LCD's), Nintendo Gamecubes (with power block, composite cables and a melee disc), and Nintendo Wii's (power block, composite/component cables, and a brawl disc if necessary)!

Anyone who plays smash more than likely owns a full setup for smash, so if you've got a ride to the venue, WE NEED YOUR HELP! We can make a special arrangement for TV pickup if necessary before the tournament, but Wii's & Gamecubes are as easy to bring as it gets! Just stash it in a plastic bag, backpack, etc and you're good to go!

Out-of-state players: We need your help too! While TV's might be a travel burden, Nintendo Wii's and Gamecubes are as space-efficient and easy to bring as it gets! Anyone traveling to this event, PLEASE, bring a full system setup with you for tournament use so we can run the most accommodating, efficient tournament yet!

Rules:

http://www.genesisdbr.com/?page_id=...//www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304220

M@v

Subarashii!
FIRST PAGE! I want to make this. Badly. I've been wanting an excuse to visit my sister who lives in San Fran, and hopefully this will do it. :D HYPE.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ooo baby! ... this was my favorite tournament ever ... and i host tournies! LOL ... mayb thats the reason ... anyway ... RAMADA PARTY AGAIN! ...

WE IN THERE!

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh **** son

i better save my partying until AFTER the tournament's over this time lolol

so excited
get em boback

joeplicate

Smash Master

GENESIS 2 BABY!!!!!!

omg, those finals
so ****ing amazing
i got chills all over from watching that match again right now

soooo hyped

ANTi_

Smash Hero
NAHH I JUST REMEMBERED HOW HYPE THE GENESIS THREAD WAS LAST YEAR LOoooooooool.

MIGHT STAY HOME FOR THAT ROFL.

Everytime you refreshed there was like 10 new posts, literally.

godlike.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Oh hey...Just throwing it out there, if I'm still at the airport I can probably use some of my buddy passes for the international smashers to fly over. Since this will be next year, mind you I'll only have 8 to use and might want to save a few for friends.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If the hotel parties are legit enough, maybe i'll come through real talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom