• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Day Z: persistent world zombie survival

Player-3

Smash Hero
uhhhh, so i finished downloading arma 2 and operation arrowhead

but downloading the 6 launcher is taking an hour for 16.1 mb when i download at 1.4mb/s wtf?

is it just the servers being *** or what

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
feels like a lot less drops now

Kal

Smash Champion
I think this particular sale will last until the 22nd, so there's no need to get it now. I would wait to see if there is a better price drop. Also, we can discuss buying a 4-pack for a nice discount.

D

Deleted member

I think this particular sale will last until the 22nd, so there's no need to get it now. I would wait to see if there is a better price drop. Also, we can discuss buying a 4-pack for a nice discount.
Exactly. Between the Daily Deals, Community Choice polls, and Flash Deals, there's no reason for the game to not get a better discount.

Lovage

Smash Hero
wow no wonder you play league. Do you not even max out league settings? LOL

build a computer broski, costs like 600 to play most games on highest settings, 900 if you're a streamer/want extra goodies
u think this is a **** game?? this is arma 2...

steam summer sale has begun

arma 2 is only 20% off, $24 U.S. instead of $30
not too great but better than nothing, esp. if you're already planning on buying da game

Player-3

Smash Hero
yo why the **** did they make it so you don't start with a weapon

took me like 3 respawns before i found a wep without getting ganked by people or bleeding out

Lovage

Smash Hero
don't worry

soon you will have oscar luck and find ALICE packs and rifles within 20 mins of every new char you make NP

Lovage

Smash Hero
yo whoevers on the coast (esp near elektro)

gimme a blood transfusion LOL

i had a crazy slugfest with random guy in the school hallway in elektro. i killed him and barely survived with 1200 blood. i fixed my leg and bandaged and took his hunting knife and went into the woods. i ran around for like 10 mins and i didn't see one god damn animal except i tiny rabbit that only dropped 1 meat so i didn't bother to eat it LOL

im chilling with like 1700 blood in the wilderness outside elektro (going towards cherno) near the road

someone HALPPPPPPPPPP (i have an extra AK as well if u want)

p.s. i have the bag all i need is u

bebopbuhbenben@hotmail.com steam account

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh yeah and is arma working through steam for you guys? i can only run it through the six launcher or i get some bug if i try to run it through steam

D

Deleted member

wow no wonder you play league. Do you not even max out league settings? LOL

build a computer broski, costs like 600 to play most games on highest settings, 900 if you're a streamer/want extra goodies
i use a laptop that might be why

league/ anything else i can run at max settings easily with max fps but i think arma 2 overheats too much

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Me and my friend found a pretty big camp (8 tents). Took all the useful loot and ran the tents over with the dirtbike they were hoarding. Then cruised off into the sunset with the car they had. GET ****!

Player-3

Smash Hero
Me and my friend decided to horde weapons and go on a zombie killing spree, we killed around 200 total before he got sniped by a player (who didnt see me) and then i killed him while he looted my friend, but i got shot while looting and ended up passing out and dying to zombies

:phone:

D

Deleted member

oh yeah and is arma working through steam for you guys? i can only run it through the six launcher or i get some bug if i try to run it through steam
i think once u get 6 launcher u have to launch it through 6 launcher if u do steam it won't work

Player-3

Smash Hero
so i join a server and head towards elektro to start looting and find some weapons, when i get there i see that the town is literally ON FIRE and i'm like wtf

so i start wandering around the town and like there's a bunch of buildings that looked like they were bombed, so i start heading towards the church since i usually can find a pistol there

i get to the church and it had been destroyed and i heard a HUUUGE explosion in the distance and i'm like holy **** is this place still being bombed?

then i hear another explosion RIGHT next to me, it breaks my leg, knocks me out, and i start bleeding out and die before i get up

what the **** LOL

Lovage

Smash Hero
LMFAO, hackers bro

dude i have a tip for all my friends (THE REASON I JUST DIED)

when you get a sick new gun, test it out on zombies or in the woods just to see how it fires

i've realized that every gun in this game is like cs 1.6 and is hard as **** to fire/takes a long time to learn LOL

i just opened up on some guy with my new PDW on full-auto, thinking it would fire kinda like an mp5. NOPE it fired up into the wall and drained a full clip in like 1 second LOOOL

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I remember the first time I got a handgun, I wanted to test it out on a zombie

fired 3 shots into him and he broke my leg instantly :c

D

Deleted member

sometimes zombies ****ing mess u up got knocked unconscious with a lot of blood left and 3 zombies started munchin on me

Lovage

Smash Hero
it took me 10 minutes of wandering around in cherno after logging in to get sniped and lose all of my ****

it took another 10 minutes to respawn in komarovo, run to balota airstrip, instantly find a gun and kill a guy with it, leave with shotgun + tools + med supplies and hella ammo LOOL

dayz life

brotip: i just realizied what toolboxes do, they let you deactivate wire traps + tank traps pretty cool

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Had alot of fun owning elektro and cherno these last couple days, but died to someone who logged in behind me.

It's hard to find an intense firefight. Anyone wanna fight to the death, winner takes gear?

Lovage

Smash Hero
i'd def be down to do that with fresh dudes

like low tier rifles or pistols only

damn...there's a lot of potential for cool **** like that. we could decide on a general area where we hunt each other LOL.

D

Deleted member

I thought I might as well ask here, how good of a shooter is arma2 (so not DayZ)?

Lovage

Smash Hero
I thought I might as well ask here, how good of a shooter is arma2 (so not DayZ)?
i've got 60 hours logged into dayz but i havn't touched the main game yet actually

it's a mil simulator, not so much a shooter. lots of running, super realistic gun physics and aiming, etc.

people who are into that kinda thing become diehard fans but i havn't given it time yet

I didn't wait this long just to save $10! I want that 75% off!

dude if they actually give this game a 75% sale..

****'s gonna go DOWN

D

Deleted member

ah thanks.
also arma has been top sale for the past days already, giving it a bigger discount would be insane.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
BUMP!

i play this game regularly now and have sniper rifles that i am willing to share with anyone who wants to help me take over elektro!

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
i try to hook up with friendlies as often as possible-- I only approach people to team up when they add me on TS or skype. I'm fully kitted now with a DMR and m14 + silenced m9 and ghillie lol, so when i go solo i just stick to the outskirts of big towns and kill bandits.

also, watch for arma 2 to go on sale SOON for the steam summer sale. I will bump when it happens.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
GUYS, ARMA2: Combined Operations is all you need for DayZ right now, and its on sale for 8 bux!!!

GOGOGOGO

Top Bottom