• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Day, Night, and Dusk - Lycanroc for Smash Bros. Ultimate

D

Deleted member

The Sun and Moon anime. Is over was fun Ash best Kukui Torracat is Incineroar. Good stuff great ending.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
It's small, but Dusk Lycanroc briefly returned in the new ending credits for the anime.

View attachment 268427

I believe it's a hint toward the Pokemon in the egg. SarunoRI - RIoLU - LUgarugan

It's nothing big, but I thought it was something people might be interested in.
Here’s hoping Lycanroc can have some upcoming presence this generation, it’d be kind of a shame to leave it in Gen 7 and not come back to it like some other popular Pokémon.

It may be a bit of an obvious question, but have most people who have supported Lycanroc moved on to supporting Zacian and Zamazenta? Seeing the similarities between the three (five? with the different forms).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It may be a bit of an obvious question, but have most people who have supported Lycanroc moved on to supporting Zacian and Zamazenta? Seeing the similarities between the three (five? with the different forms).
I seem to be the sole outlier.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Oof, getting dusty in here. Hasn't been much to talk about. But a recent potential leak related to the upcoming Isle of Armor expansion could prove interesting for the Lycanrocs' viability.

It seems some dataminers dug through the files in Pokémon Home recently and found names and placeholder data for what seem to be a handful of new moves:

• Expanding Force
  • Steel Roller
  • Scale Shot
  • Meteor Beam
  • Shell Side Arm
  • Misty Explosion
  • Grassy Glide
  • Rising Voltage
  • Terrain Pulse
  • Skitter Smack
  • Burning Jealousy
  • Lash Out
  • Poltergeist
  • Corrosive Gas
  • Coaching
  • Flip Turn
  • Triple Axel
  • Dual Wingbeat
  • Scorching Sands
  • Jungle Healing
  • Wicked Blow
  • Surging Strikes
While we don't yet know which will be tutorable and which are signature moves locked to a single line (we know Jungle Healing is the latter for Zarude, for one), this presents some opportunities for more offensive coverage or even utility. For one, if Flip Turn ends up being a U-Turn/Volt Switch clone and the Lycanrocs get access to it, the ability to just bail out of bad matchups would raise their viability even more than the old moves we already know they're getting will. Could even open up some alternate scout builds using it with Stealth Rock!

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Oof, getting dusty in here. Hasn't been much to talk about. But a recent potential leak related to the upcoming Isle of Armor expansion could prove interesting for the Lycanrocs' viability.

It seems some dataminers dug through the files in Pokémon Home recently and found names and placeholder data for what seem to be a handful of new moves:

While we don't yet know which will be tutorable and which are signature moves locked to a single line (we know Jungle Healing is the latter for Zarude, for one), this presents some opportunities for more offensive coverage or even utility. For one, if Flip Turn ends up being a U-Turn/Volt Switch clone and the Lycanrocs get access to it, the ability to just bail out of bad matchups would raise their viability even more than the old moves we already know they're getting will. Could even open up some alternate scout builds using it with Stealth Rock!
I don't know why this hasn't been brought up, but will Midday & Midnight forms be version exclusives again?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Anyways, with the Isle of Armor out right now, has anyone been able to catch any Lycanrocs? And any thoughts on their changes?

I don't know why this hasn't been brought up, but will Midday & Midnight forms be version exclusives again?
Lycanroc’s aren’t versión exclusive, and only evolve based on the time of day. I think Dusk Lycanroc is available in raids, and Rockruffs with Own Tempo are the ones that can evolve into Dusk.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Here’s hoping Lycanroc can have some upcoming presence this generation, it’d be kind of a shame to leave it in Gen 7 and not come back to it like some other popular Pokémon.

Here is hoping Ash gets his Lycanroc back!

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
This might be random to post, but I had free time, wanted to make one of these and this was the result:

1 Do It For Him.png

May or may not be my favorite pokemon owned by Ash btw, as I now realize.
Also, Ash's Alola team will return in an episode on the 13th.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Whew, getting dusty in here. Guess we all kind of moved on to other things.

Still, we have an Alola reunion coming up in the anime tomorrow, the first time this generation that Ash is meeting up with his old team members.

Also, apparently some time has passed, because...

We'll have to keep an eye on how things play out with this episode. Would be interesting if Ash's Lycanroc started a trend of mons from previous generations rejoining his team for the world cup, unlikely as it may be.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Whew, getting dusty in here. Guess we all kind of moved on to other things.

Still, we have an Alola reunion coming up in the anime tomorrow, the first time this generation that Ash is meeting up with his old team members.

Would be interesting if Ash's Lycanroc started a trend of mons from previous generations rejoining his team for the world cup, unlikely as it may be.
I think knowing who else would be in the masters class would greatly help to know if Ash could bring back older pokemon. Like if Alain is part of the master's 8, then Greninja is basically a shoe-in and so forth. Though I don't know if I see Gladion being there, as he's still busy searching for his dad with Lillie

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So, turns out the Alola episode didn't spend much time on the reunion. The focus was on Goh proving himself to Kiawe. Bit unsatifying, that, though it does open up the possibility for the Alola crew to show up again.

Meanwhile...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

One year to the day that a curse was finally put to rest. Particularly meaningful for us, it was. Now why can't I find a GIF of the finishing blow?

There's also something going on competitively, if you're into that:

From bumming around in RU to potentially being too strong for UU. Turns out the new coverage moves were a very significant buff.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So, turns out the Alola episode didn't spend much time on the reunion. The focus was on Goh proving himself to Kiawe. Bit unsatifying, that, though it does open up the possibility for the Alola crew to show up again.

Meanwhile...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

One year to the day that a curse was finally put to rest. Particularly meaningful for us, it was. Now why can't I find a GIF of the finishing blow?

There's also something going on competitively, if you're into that:

From bumming around in RU to potentially being too strong for UU. Turns out the new coverage moves were a very significant buff.
I honestly thought the Goh vs Kiawe stuff was shorter than the reunion (around 3-4 minutes i think). And there wasn't much I think they could've done than what ended up happening in the episode (aside from the lack of Ash's alolan pokemon interacting with his current pokemon other than eating). We can definitely expect more later on.

To have had a meatier reunion it should've been a 1-hour special type of deal.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
While everyone's focused on tomorrow's newcomer reveal for obvious reasons, we did get a followup to the suspect test:

With that, Dusk Lycanroc is officially too strong for UU. Well, until Crown Tundra shakes everything up again.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
I am back, so it looks like we got no hope for this guy anymore huh.

I am sad now, but there is a new Pokémon I'm all for

download (1).jpg

He'd still be unique in the same vein Lycanroc is, as the first fully bird fighter, plus he looks awesome.

Anyway I do hope Lycanroc can still see the light of day in a hypothetical Pokken Tournament 2. I'd be down for that.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think this is the only support thread I was ever particularly involved with. With the Ultimate speculation threads shutting down, I figured I would pay my respects. May the sun shine on us again... or the moon... or the dusk? That sounded better in my head. Anyways, point stands. Take care out there.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think this is the only support thread I was ever particularly involved with. With the Ultimate speculation threads shutting down, I figured I would pay my respects. May the sun shine on us again... or the moon... or the dusk? That sounded better in my head. Anyways, point stands. Take care out there.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Here we are, at the end of our journey, and I can't find the words to say what I want to say.

It's funny, you know? How this all started as a way to spur support for a character I thought too many people weren't giving a fair chance. I wanted to throw something out there and hopefully find others who felt the same way, and you all answered. We may not have drawn much attention in the grand scheme of things, but we met with a shared cause and kept at it. Enough to be among the larger support threads by the time all was said and done, for what little that matters.

But for all the time we spent, the insight we used, the reasoning we applied...it just wasn't meant to be.

I don't know what kind of legacy we've left behind. Maybe as advocates of a niche character who tried their damnedest to be heard against the odds, as some of many failures or laughingstocks who didn't make it into Smash...or maybe we won't be remembered at all, a memory fading away like the setting sun over the horizon.

I can at least say this, though: I'll never forget any of you. Even if everyone else eventually does.

I don't know what will happen now, if we'll encounter each other elsewhere on the forums or go our separate ways. But I hope the time you spent here felt meaningful.

So...in the words of a certain tactician:

"May we meet again...in another life."

Top Bottom