• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Day, Night, and Dusk - Lycanroc for Smash Bros. Ultimate

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Honestly, I love the idea of Lycanroc being the playable pokemon rep for Ultimate. The point you make for it's typing being unrepresented is something I've mentioned to people a lot while talking about possible candidates, I'd like to see more than just multiple of the same ones. Also, I personally dislike most starters and the gen 7 starters were some of my least favorites (ended up trading mine to my sister and making a team of all the eeveelutions lol) so seeing Lycanroc over Incineroar or Decidueye would make me really happy. Count me in as a supporter, really hoping things work out for Lycanroc!
Not aimed at me, but welcome notheless, it also seems that this is your first time here.

There seems to be growth of supporters recently, although it’s small we’re growing a lot more. We’re only 1 more left from 50 supporters.

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
Not aimed at me, but welcome notheless, it also seems that this is your first time here.

There seems to be growth of supporters recently, although it’s small we’re growing a lot more. We’re only 1 more left from 50 supporters.
Thanks for the welcome, and also yes I made my account recently as I wanted to give my opinion and help with the support. I have looked at this thread in the past though, just felt like now was a better time to join in on it. I look forward to seeing the supporter number increase as I feel Lycanroc has a lot of potential.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Not really a fan of Lycanroc myself, but I wouldn't mind the typing showing up. But how do you all feel on
Rockruff.png
showing up? There's already debate on which form of Lycanroc would make it in, so I pondered about Rockruff making a shocking entry instead. He's a cute little pup.

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
Not really a fan of Lycanroc myself, but I wouldn't mind the typing showing up. But how do you all feel on
View attachment 163327showing up? There's already debate on which form of Lycanroc would make it in, so I pondered about Rockruff making a shocking entry instead. He's a cute little pup.
I dont really see a high chance, but I would love it, I like Rockruff even more then Lycanroc-Day

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Honestly, I love the idea of Lycanroc being the playable pokemon rep for Ultimate. The point you make for it's typing being unrepresented is something I've mentioned to people a lot while talking about possible candidates, I'd like to see more than just multiple of the same ones. Also, I personally dislike most starters and the gen 7 starters were some of my least favorites (ended up trading mine to my sister and making a team of all the eeveelutions lol) so seeing Lycanroc over Incineroar or Decidueye would make me really happy. Count me in as a supporter, really hoping things work out for Lycanroc!
Welcome! Honestly, I'm flattered that our little thread was what compelled you to make an account. Feel free to speak up any time you feel you have something to say!

View attachment 163327showing up? There's already debate on which form of Lycanroc would make it in, so I pondered about Rockruff making a shocking entry instead. He's a cute little pup.
It'd be...surprising, for sure. Rockruff on its own would still have some moveset potential. I suppose I'd be okay with it, but it'd feel like such an under-utilization of what the line is fully capable of, you know?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, something interesting occurred to me earlier. There's a plausible chance we could get the make up date for the Direct announced today, with it set to air tomorrow, on the 12th. Why is that significant? Well, that date two years ago was our first glimpse of the very reason we're here now:

And if we got the reveal we've been waiting for on that date, all because a delay lined it up perfectly by pure coincidence...would be something, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I suppose there's nothing stopping Rockruff from getting in Smash, but I'm sure it would be met with mixed reception. Not so much because people would think it isn't deserving or unique, but rather because there's three other forms that would offer so much more material to work with. Why go with the unevolved form when you could go with one that has an exclusive Z-move, stronger moves, and a bigger emphasis on the rock-type shtick?

Same thing applies to Rowlet over Decidueye.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Honestly, adding Rockruff over Lycanroc is similar as adding Rowlet over Decidueye. It doesn’t really make sense to add in when it’s evolution can bring more to the table and get the whole motif done a lot better and can also be just as likeable.

It’s interesting and all, but I’m not sure if many of us would necessarily like that outcome... :lol:

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... as people have stated, adding in Rockruff over Lycanroc is definitely quite a bit over wasted potential.
Don't think Rockruff would be chosen over Lycanroc, myself.
But Rockruff is very cute and I'm all for adding more cute.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Been a quiet night. Seems like the calm before the storm, if the rumors of the Direct being on Thursday end up amounting to something.

Is anyone else feeling a sense of unease around the boards? Everyone's crossing their fingers or preparing to brace themselves and hoping their characters survive.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Been a quiet night. Seems like the calm before the storm, if the rumors of the Direct being on Thursday end up amounting to something.

Is anyone else feeling a sense of unease around the boards? Everyone's crossing their fingers or preparing to brace themselves and hoping their characters survive.
I felt it. Threads are moving really fast but there is very little 'big' talk. I think Smashboards in general is kinda nervous.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Rockruff got a little love from you guys, but it seems general consensus was wasted potential to be more. Poor pup!

I felt it. Threads are moving really fast but there is very little 'big' talk. I think Smashboards in general is kinda nervous.
What's bad is before the direct I was staying calm and figuring it wouldn't have anything Smash related. It got delayed and all kind of theories and researching the updates showcasing missing updates... and not I'm all on edge over it.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don’t think any characters are going to be deconfirmed in the next direct (aside for potential newcomers from the same franchise that aren’t echoes. So if Lycanroc gets revealed, other non-echo Pokémon are pretty much deconfirmed in my eyes.) Of course, we’re definitely getting atleast one newcomer, but I also feel like we’ll be getting one echo at the very least, I can see 2 happening as well.

That being said, the amount of remaining newcomers/echoes announced is only getting smaller, and I can imagine each fanbase getting more and more nervous with each passing reveal their favourite isn’t the one in the trailer.

These are tense times indeed

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So the rumors of the Smash Direct being rescheduled to tomorrow is in fact true.

We’re just a day from the direct, and we’re getting a newcomer revealed, anyone getting worri-
Yeah, I’m starting to get really tensed right now, tomorrow could potentially be a make or break for us.

Hopefully it goes in our favor.

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
So the rumors of the Smash Direct being rescheduled to tomorrow is in fact true.

We’re just a day from the direct, and we’re getting a newcomer revealed, anyone getting worri-

Yeah, I’m starting to get really tensed right now, tomorrow could potentially be a make or break for us.

Most people I've talked with think that the pokemon newcomer (which as some people have also stated we may not even get, though I believe we will get one) won't be revealed in this direct. I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't, but that would mean another month or months of waiting just to see who it is. I am a bit nervous though, because each direct could be the life or death of this thread, depending on what gets revealed. Lycanroc is the last character on my list of characters I wanted as playable to not be deconfirmed so I'm really hoping things go well for all us supporters.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

My gut feeling is that we'll be getting the Pokémon in a Dedicated Trailer, similar to :ultrobin. While this direct is another good opportunity for it to happen , I feel like it wont end here.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

So, it seems like Judgement Day could be coming once again. Everyone's waiting anxiously, wondering if it could finally be their character's chance to shine while also silently dreading the possibility that they could be deconfirmed instead. Seems like Smash in particular has a way of drawing these feelings out more than that of any other crossover. Has that been why the thread has been so quiet today, that we're so unsure of what to say?

Most people I've talked with think that the pokemon newcomer (which as some people have also stated we may not even get, though I believe we will get one) won't be revealed in this direct. I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't, but that would mean another month or months of waiting just to see who it is. I am a bit nervous though, because each direct could be the life or death of this thread, depending on what gets revealed. Lycanroc is the last character on my list of characters I wanted as playable to not be deconfirmed so I'm really hoping things go well for all us supporters.
My gut feeling is that we'll be getting the Pokémon in a Dedicated Trailer, similar to :ultrobin. While this direct is another good opportunity for it to happen , I feel like it wont end here.
That's...more or less what I'm starting to think, myself. I think this one may not help or hurt any of the Pokémon in the running. While the odds are greater than they were last month, I'm still leaning toward the reveal being someone else this time.

I admit, I don't know how much of this is insight and how much is from silently dreading the chance of all our work being undone in an instant. Guess that makes me pretty different from other leader types, huh? I can't really pull off the whole "confident, fearless champion" thing that is expected of the role...but, I'm still here.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The final Pokemon with even a sliver of a chance:
Lycanroc
Decidueye
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Incineroar
Gengar
Tapu Koko
Golisopod
I’ve got a pretty good feeling about this one.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That's...more or less what I'm starting to think, myself. I think this one may not help or hurt any of the Pokémon in the running. While the odds are greater than they were last month, I'm still leaning toward the reveal being someone else this time.

I admit, I don't know how much of this is insight and how much is from silently dreading the chance of all our work being undone in an instant. Guess that makes me pretty different from other leader types, huh? I can't really pull off the whole "confident, fearless champion" thing that is expected of the role...but, I'm still here.
When it comes to Smash, you have to start with the expectation that you'll be wrong. We're all shooting in the dark here but it's mostly because it's just fun to talk Smash. Hell, I'm not even sure when I'll even get the game but I'm mostly here for Smash.

As I noted from other threads, what helps is since the Direct was delayed, we know the order of the blog post, or at least what was intended. Pikmin was moved to today suggesting the music was for the newcomer. Since the music doesn't seem to overlap, we can rule out a lot of series (Zelda, Mario, Kirby ect). The most viable are Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Xenoblade. Since Smash goes in anti-climatic order, I expect Pokemon would be the most likely. I think its Decidueye but Lycanroc would be an interesting and welcomed pick. Only other thing I see them doing is a Xeno character since Torna comes out Friday.

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet

So, it seems like Judgement Day could be coming once again. Everyone's waiting anxiously, wondering if it could finally be their character's chance to shine while also silently dreading the possibility that they could be deconfirmed instead. Seems like Smash in particular has a way of drawing these feelings out more than that of any other crossover. Has that been why the thread has been so quiet today, that we're so unsure of what to say?

Well, even if the character we put our support into doesn't make it in at least we made a name for ourselves and in turn have gotten the character in people's minds. I'm very nervous about possible deconfirmation tomorrow because it is likely, but not guaranteed, so we just have to wait and see how things go. We shall see what happens soon enough.

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
The final Pokemon with even a sliver of a chance:
Lycanroc
Decidueye
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Incineroar
Gengar
Tapu Koko
Golisopod
I’ve got a pretty good feeling about this one.
I think Sylvally, Primarena and Nihilego also have a decent chance. Primarena was a starter and the other two were definetly pushed more then Golisopod.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I don't think I've ever been more stressed out over a character in smash before Lycanroc. As with others, there's the fear of them being shown off as pokeball pokemon. The pokemon segment in the smash direct had me sweating and since then there's always the possibility of a smash blog post for pokeball Lycanroc. But alas, here's hoping we get a Mon announcement tonight to see what the future holds for Lycanroc. I'll be working so unfortunately I'll miss the live direct, but whatever may happen, I applaud Delzethin for starting this thread and bringing us together and for everyone in this thread for ROCKing with Lycanroc til the end.
LORD ARCEUS BE SWIFT AND MERCIFUL

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Less than 12 hours to go...

While we wait, some new anime details dropped in the form of a poster for Season 3 of Alola:

Notable details include:
-Bit of a Kanto focus, which isn't a surprise with Let's Go coming out soon. Though based on their surroundings, they seem to still be in Alola, so it seems more that Kanto stuff will be coming to them rather than vice versa.
- Speaking of which, Misty and Brock are back! And it seems like they'll be around in addition to the current cast, not in place of them.
- Hau is finally going to show up as well. Seems like anime fans have been wondering if he'd ever get any screen time.
- That Dartrix next to him is very interesting. We don't know who it belongs to, but the placement seems to imply it's Hau's. Since the anime writers don't like having two major characters be the same species and form (for understandable reasons; it'd risk having the kids get confused over who was who whenever both were on screen at the same time), this means the odds are favoring Ash's Rowlet not evolving.
- Meanwhile, up on the top right, it seems like Team Rocket got their hands on a Stufful. Whether the Bewear that's been pursuing them has anything to do with it remains to be seen.
- And the biggest new thing here: Ash seems to be getting an Eevee! So we may now have our 5th party member for Alola (or 6th, if Poipole sticks around). Wonder what the little fella will evolve into?

But most importantly for us...nothing here puts a dagger in Lycanroc's ace role. None of Ash's team members are getting any major focus here other than Pikachu (as usual) and the new guy.

Seems like we're in the clear in the anime for the time being. We can only wait and hope that transferred over into Smash.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Less than 12 hours to go...

While we wait, some new anime details dropped in the form of a poster for Season 3 of Alola:

Notable details include:
-Bit of a Kanto focus, which isn't a surprise with Let's Go coming out soon. Though based on their surroundings, they seem to still be in Alola, so it seems more that Kanto stuff will be coming to them rather than vice versa.
- Speaking of which, Misty and Brock are back! And it seems like they'll be around in addition to the current cast, not in place of them.
- Hau is finally going to show up as well. Seems like anime fans have been wondering if he'd ever get any screen time.
- That Dartrix next to him is very interesting. We don't know who it belongs to, but the placement seems to imply it's Hau's. Since the anime writers don't like having two major characters be the same species and form (for understandable reasons; it'd risk having the kids get confused over who was who whenever both were on screen at the same time), this means the odds are favoring Ash's Rowlet not evolving.
- Meanwhile, up on the top right, it seems like Team Rocket got their hands on a Stufful. Whether the Bewear that's been pursuing them has anything to do with it remains to be seen.
- And the biggest new thing here: Ash seems to be getting an Eevee! So we may now have our 5th party member for Alola (or 6th, if Poipole sticks around). Wonder what the little fella will evolve into?

But most importantly for us...nothing here puts a dagger in Lycanroc's ace role. None of Ash's team members are getting any major focus here other than Pikachu (as usual) and the new guy.

Seems like we're in the clear in the anime for the time being. We can only wait and hope that transferred over into Smash.
Eevee is already disconfirmed, so there's nothing in this picture that alarms me. Still a 1-on-1 battle between Incineroar and Lycanroc if you ask me.

As far as I'm concerned, Hau butchered the idea of Rowlet evolving. I guess there's a small, itty-bitty, teensy-weensy, ever-so-minuscule chance Rowlet evolves and develops a rivalry with Hau's Decidueye, but I think the most realistic outcome is Hau becoming one of Ash's biggest threats during the league and Incineroar stuggling against it (Assuming the prof doesn't join the league with his own Incineroar). I just can't see the writers shifting gears so suddenly and dropping all this character development on Rowlet when Torracat is already a work in progress.

Then again, this is obviously going to lead to Decidueye having a notable role in the anime, so perhaps his supporters will actually be happy with this.

(Edit: By the way, we just got an update from Verge.

The Incineroar thing came from a Smash source and a little later an outside source as well, but because my other 2 main Smash sources didn't hear that Incineroar was certainly the Gen 7 Pokemon, I didn't want to say anything until I did from those who it was. But the loz18 thing happened with sharing a message after guarateeing me that he wouldn't. Only because I took too long to respond to him. rofl
Impatient loz did not get that I am in f***ing Germany. There is a time zone difference.
but w/e
so stupid
Seems like Incineroar didn't come from either of his "main sources", as neither can directly confirm it. In fact, one of the people who suggested Incineroar was an outside source.

If nothing gets revealed today, then I'd say that bodes well for us.)

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Two hours remain...
31CEDF2D-0A81-4B95-96B0-9B6AF314ABC5.png

Alright folks, are there any last things anyone wants to say before the direct starts, seeing how it may be possible that we’ll get our Pokémon newcomer this time, and potentially Lycanroc’s time to shine.

Let’s get some traction in this thread before the direct starts.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Two hours remain...
View attachment 163891
Alright folks, are there any last things anyone wants to say before the direct starts, seeing how it may be possible that we’ll get our Pokémon newcomer this time, and potentially Lycanroc’s time.

Let’s get some traction here before the direct starts.
Zygarde as an echo fighter? I know I bring it up a lot but I genuinely think it's a genius idea.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Two hours remain...
View attachment 163891
Alright folks, are there any last things anyone wants to say before the direct starts, seeing how it may be possible that we’ll get our Pokémon newcomer this time, and potentially Lycanroc’s time.

Let’s get some traction here before the direct starts.
I don't wanna get too sappy, because then it'll sound like I'm expecting the worst.

I'll just keep it simple. Verge is unsure of his sources, Lycanroc is important in the anime, and we've outlasted Mimikyu. We've come a long way, and I feel really good about our chances.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Zygarde as an echo fighter? I know I bring it up a lot but I genuinely think it's a genius idea.
I kinda want that go for another Lycanroc form. Most notably, Midday/Midnight and Dusk.

I don't wanna get too sappy, because then it'll sound like I'm expecting the worst.

I'll just keep it simple. Verge is unsure of his sources, Lycanroc is important in the anime, and we've outlasted Mimikyu. We've come a long way, and I feel really good about our chances.
There’s one other thing... Lycanroc can also be very unique.

There’s a lot of ways to make Lycanroc easily stand out, that and ALONG with the fact that they are very prominent, is why I feel that it’s likely they might get picked.

I’m not gonna lie though, I’m a little nervous, but the fact that Vergeben recently stated that not everything he said should be taken 100% as fact, I think that might’ve opened up some hope for us.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Once again, I've no idea what to expect for this coming Direct - so many potential newcomers, but here's hoping for the best for those supporting Lycanroc.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
If anything happens, just wanna say it’s been great supporting my #2 most wanted pokemon during this speculation period!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

In just over an hour, we may face redemption, oblivion, or neither. An air of tension hangs over the boards, and we in particular have reason to be on edge. It'd be so much easier to feel confident if it weren't for these damned rumors hanging overhead, wouldn't it? And yet...we still have several legitimate arguments for inclusion even despite being overlooked time and time again.

All of this, happening right around the two year anniversary of the day we first learned about Lycanroc to begin with. Not that it helps us at all since newcomer reveals aren't timed to fit any special dates and since this one was delayed a week anyway, but it's something.

In the meantime, we're still one short of 50 supporters...or are we? Because there's something I still haven't done yet: I never added myself. It just didn't feel right to pad out the numbers like that, but after browsing around the other threads, it seems like most of the other thread founders have done it anyway.

So with this, we've reached a major milestone even if our chances come crashing down today. Sure, it's not as impressive as the long list Ridley had or the one Isaac currently has, but for such an oft-overlooked character, it's a statement nonetheless.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
My gut feeling tells me that this is our time. Of course, I can't explain it rationally, but I just wanted to drop that right here.

Last edited:

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
Getting super nervous about this, just hoping we can either make it to the next direct or get a confirmation in this one. Everyone I know still seems to think it'll be Inicineroar or Decidueye but people have been known to get characters wrong in the past even if they seemed very likely. Even if Lycanroc is deconfirmed, I've already watched my other tops suffer that fate so at least I'm used to it now (would still be pretty sad though)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
As we get closer to the direct, I want to say good luck, and that all goes well for us.

When I first joined Smashboards and ran into Delzethin's original Lycanroc video, I began loooking more deeper into how Sakurai actually picks character, and to look at things beyond face value. Lycanroc is the epitome of this, and along with them being my favorite pokemon now, is one of the reasons why they're my most supported newcomers.

This thread is the embodiment of this, as most supporters here most likely looked deeper into Lycanroc and think that Lycanroc has one of the strongest shots to join Smash. So for that, I'm grateful.

So, may all go well for us.

Last edited:

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
We survived this one, so now we just gotta wait for the next (oh boy this is going to take forever lol) I honestly expected more than one character reveal but it's still a character regardless. As of now, we still have a chance, let's keep this going for as long as we can.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
WE'RE ALIVE!!!

This is going to be a long wait isn't it... ugh. At least we know that Sakurai is considering more recent, and Isabelle is VERY popular.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
And so, we live to (potentially) fight another day. Phew.

Seems like not much has changed, with as safe a pick as Isabelle being the one revealed. Though I'd imagine a certain someone is about to be treated as infallible all over again due to having mentioned her before...

No reason to go on red alert yet, but we'll probably be met with more resistance than before. We're going to have to work that much harder to have others actually hear us out instead of laughing us off. So, rest easy for now, but things may get a bit tricky going forward...

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
And so, we live to (potentially) fight another day. Phew.

Seems like not much has changed, with as safe a pick as Isabelle being the one revealed. Though I'd imagine a certain someone is about to be treated as infallible all over again due to having mentioned her before...

No reason to go on red alert yet, but we'll probably be met with more resistance than before. We're going to have to work that much harder to have others actually hear us out instead of laughing us off. So, rest easy for now, but things may get a bit tricky going forward...

It's gotten to the point where people pretty much take Verge's leaks as gospel and I find that stupid. Yes, he's gotten some things right, but by only saying which pokemon won't be playable and not the one that will, I don't think it's enough to push Lycanroc out of the running. I choose to not believe leaks and just wait to see what happens, and personally I just don't feel like Incineroar is a good or unique enough candidate for the role of pokemon newcomer. And basically no one was talking about Incineroar until he said that either, so I don't think he actually has as good a chance as people say he does.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I kinda wish someone would keep track of all of Vergeben's claims in one singular place, it is kinda annoying to hunt for every post he's made with a claim in it.

Regarding him predicting Isabelle, I don't see that as a reason to worry. Everyone and their Grandma thought Isabelle would get in, it wasn't a prophetic moment to get that right. Likewise, I don't think Isabelle being a semi-clone rather than echo is any reason to worry regarding Vergeben. His answer to whether or not Isabelle would an echo was "I don't know", so he didn't really have his hat in that ring.

At least there's another dog for Lycanroc to play with.

Also, Isabelle is a pretty solid confirmation that the ballot is not the only source of newcomers this time around. Isabelle didn't do particularly well in the any of the unofficial ballots (no one who had a role in Smash for and wasn't named Ridley did), so it had to be her other merits that got her in (namely, her popularity in the Animal Crossing series and her status as an Animal Crossing icon). If nothing else, that is a pretty nice sign for Lycanroc and all Gen 7 newcomers for that matter.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I kinda wish someone would keep track of all of Vergeben's claims in one singular place, it is kinda annoying to hunt for every post he's made with a claim in it.

Regarding him predicting Isabelle, I don't see that as a reason to worry. Everyone and their Grandma thought Isabelle would get in, it wasn't a prophetic moment to get that right. Likewise, I don't think Isabelle being a semi-clone rather than echo is any reason to worry regarding Vergeben. His answer to whether or not Isabelle would an echo was "I don't know", so he didn't really have his hat in that ring.

At least there's another dog for Lycanroc to play with.

Also, Isabelle is a pretty solid confirmation that the ballot is not the only source of newcomers this time around. Isabelle didn't do particularly well in the any of the unofficial ballots (no one who had a role in Smash for and wasn't named Ridley did), so it had to be her other merits that got her in (namely, her popularity in the Animal Crossing series and her status as an Animal Crossing icon). If nothing else, that is a pretty nice sign for Lycanroc and all Gen 7 newcomers for that matter.
Honestly, the thing is that Verg was a lot more firm on the other characters.

Simon, Ridley, Isabelle, and probably Ken were statements that he made with a lot more trust. However, he was a lot more hesitant on the Pokémon Rep. He said that Incineroar isn’t a lock since it was one source, and he only “stated” that Lycanroc was deconfirmed because someone else told people on that thread that Vergeben should’ve told Lycanroc was deconfirmed either despite him most likely not wanting to.

There’s also the fact that Delzethin received info saying that the other insiders weren’t sure who the Pokémon newcomer was, and that Verge may have jumped the gun.

Honesty, based on what I’ve seen in the thread, it seems people are making Incineroar a lock despite Vergeben saying not to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom