• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Findings (June 2018 E3 Build)

Fortress

Smash Master
Taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUeaxGMygR8 (Xzax vs Salem)

Please note that the tool I'm using to gather frame-by-frame data might not be 100% accurate because of the quality of the capture (you can see a 'phantom' sword in his f-Tilt screenshot from the previous frame for instance). Hoping this can be close though.

Ground Attacks

(Correction) u-Tilt: 11.5 damage, 8f startup
If I'm seeing this right, (corrected) Salem at 0:35 connects with a u-Tilt which when watched frame-by-frame appears to connect on the eighth frame, and also hits really far in front of Link this early for some reason. We might have a strong, grounded anti-air option now.

ftilt.png

Aerial Attacks

n-Air: 9.4 damage, 6f startup, 9f landing recovery(?)

f-Air: 8.4+ damage, 16f startup (first hit), ~20f recovery

b-Air: 14f recovery
New animation which at one point turns Salem around when he lands; maybe you can choose to do that now

u-Air: 15f recovery

d-Air: 15.7 damage, 28f recovery (consistent with Melee L-Cancel data)

Specials

Bomb (Pull): ~25-30f startup
Bombs seem to take an incredibly long time to actually prepare

Bomb (Detonation): 12f startup, ~28f recovery (can't account for freeze frames during the actual hit)

Bow (Air): ~27f recovery after landing

Spin Attack (Air): 30f recovery

Boomerang: 36f (before you can act out of a grounded use)

Various

Grab: 5f startup, 29f recovery
f-Throw: 3.1 damage, ~25f recovery after launch
Item Toss: ~24f total

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Truly a hero. Good man.

Edit: by the way, I think that may be Up Tilt at 0:35. For comparison, he most definitely uses Forward Tilt at about 1:55. The move you mention has to be Up Tilt, with a new animation that seems to cover in front of him now.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Truly a hero. Good man.

Edit: by the way, I think that may be Up Tilt at 0:35. For comparison, he most definitely uses Forward Tilt at about 1:55. The move you mention has to be Up Tilt, with a new animation that seems to cover in front of him now.
https://youtu.be/PmRdwC7lfEg?t=86

I looked through a few more matches where somebody used something that looked different, and I did manage to find something that looked closer to what his f-Tilt has always looked like. I think you're right, u-Tilt just straight up has a new animation now.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/PmRdwC7lfEg?t=86

I looked through a few more matches where somebody used something that looked different, and I did manage to find something that looked closer to what his f-Tilt has always looked like. I think you're right, u-Tilt just straight up has a new animation now.
Sweet, and going by that picture if the blue streak correctly represents the master sword's hit box, it looks like it covers his entire backside and at least a good amount of his front. Great angles on it by the look of it.

Nice pic!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
PushBlock did their own research into Link's frame data.
The only things that seem questionable are things like the Master Sword beam coming out from a dash attack and not losing a double jump after using Up B first. Other than that, I didn't see anything frame-data wise that looked odd.

Top Bottom