• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DAT Texture Wizard (current version: 6.1.4)

Acryte

Smash Ace
DRGN DRGN I am trying to make a font to replace the numbers for the damage percents. I've created 2. One of them I want to be colored. When I import the file it's in color, but when I reload the usd it's black and white. How can I stop it from stripping the color information?

It turns this:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Acryte/20XX-00.png

Into this:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Acryte/IfAl0.usd_0x6a0_2.png

I thought about trying to tweak the "Color 1" and "Color 2" in the lance color structure but didn't see any changes. Not sure how I should go about doing this. I've tried restricting it to even 12 or 4 color palettes and it didn't fix it. It's an IA4 type.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
DRGN DRGN I am trying to make a font to replace the numbers for the damage percents. I've created 2. One of them I want to be colored. When I import the file it's in color, but when I reload the usd it's black and white. How can I stop it from stripping the color information?

It turns this:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Acryte/20XX-00.png

Into this:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Acryte/IfAl0.usd_0x6a0_2.png

I thought about trying to tweak the "Color 1" and "Color 2" in the lance color structure but didn't see any changes. Not sure how I should go about doing this. I've tried restricting it to even 12 or 4 color palettes and it didn't fix it. It's an IA4 type.
IA4 (type _2) doesn't support transparency, so you'll need to change the type to something else.

Have a look at the first section in this guide: Advanced Costume Hacks. That explains a little about image types, which is basically an ID that tells the game what format the intensity/color/transparency data for an image is stored in.

The image data for the original texture in your case requires 0x480 bytes. Using the table of formats on the wiki page (linked to in the guide) and the Image Data Length Calculator shows that types 8 and 14 (CI4 and CMPR) both would use 0x280 at that size. So they would both fit in the space of the original texture. CI4 would require a palette too though (along with other changes), so it would be easier to use CMPR. So, basically, you just override the default image type (whatever is currently used in the file) by specifying whatever type you want to use in the file name (again, details in the guide), e.g. "20XX-00_14.png", and import the texture. And voilà,

upload_2017-5-9_20-30-15.png

Acryte

Smash Ace
IA4 (type _2) doesn't support transparency, so you'll need to change the type to something else.

Have a look at the first section in this guide: Advanced Costume Hacks. That explains a little about image types, which is basically an ID that tells the game what format the intensity/color/transparency data for an image is stored in.

The image data for the original texture in your case requires 0x480 bytes. Using the table of formats on the wiki page (linked to in the guide) and the Image Data Length Calculator shows that types 8 and 14 (CI4 and CMPR) both would use 0x280 at that size. So they would both fit in the space of the original texture. CI4 would require a palette too though (along with other changes), so it would be easier to use CMPR. So, basically, you just override the default image type (whatever is currently used in the file) by specifying whatever type you want to use in the file name (again, details in the guide), e.g. "20XX-00_14.png", and import the texture. And voilà,

View attachment 129000
You are my hero sir!

ChaoTea

Smash Rookie
I've never tried. But you have a few options you could try even if you don't have another computer. You could set up a VM (virtual machine) to run Windows on, which is basically a self contained OS running within another OS. Or dual-boot your machine, which means that you would have two operating systems installed on one computer, and when you boot it up, you can choose whether to boot into windows or your Mac OS.

Pretty weird. I have two monitors on this computer I'm using now, and I don't see that issue at all (running Win7). Are you running Windows 10? What build is it? I've seen a number of weird failures in Win10, not even relating to DTW, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

Although I am aware of a different problem relating to multiple monitors: tool-tips not moving to the secondary monitors. Which I plan to fix, but it's of course low priority.
I'm using windows 7

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I havent had any success using the add file(s) to disc feature, it is always adding to disc.

Brett Peat

Smash Rookie
I havent had any success using the add file(s) to disc feature, it is always adding to disc.
You have to trigger the disc to rebuild in order to actually add the files. I've found that adding a file, and then basically importing it to itself works well. Basically, you just have to make DTW require a save, and then it will rebuild when you save the disc.

Also DRGN DRGN I think I may have found a bug. When I tried to add stage files for yoshi's story, I would highlight the target test stages folder and add above it so that the files would be in numerical order. When I did this, DTW would always fail to rebuild saying that I had the ISO open in another program.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Also DRGN DRGN I think I may have found a bug. When I tried to add stage files for yoshi's story, I would highlight the target test stages folder and add above it so that the files would be in numerical order. When I did this, DTW would always fail to rebuild saying that I had the ISO open in another program.
Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed this for the next update. For now as a workaround, before loading the disc you can disable the Disc Convenience folders (in the settings menu), which are the source of the bug.

You have to trigger the disc to rebuild in order to actually add the files. I've found that adding a file, and then basically importing it to itself works well. Basically, you just have to make DTW require a save, and then it will rebuild when you save the disc.
Importing it over itself won't do/change anything concerting a new file that's queued to be added. You just need to save the disc, which you can do through the menu with File -> Save, or the hotkey, CTRL+S.

Perhaps instead of saying "Adding to disc..." it should say something like "Ready to add to disc... (pending save)", or something, to make it clearer of what's going on.

Brett Peat

Smash Rookie
Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed this for the next update. For now as a workaround, before loading the disc you can disable the Disc Convenience folders (in the settings menu), which are the source of the bug.

Importing it over itself won't do/change anything concerting a new file that's queued to be added. You just need to save the disc, which you can do through the menu with File -> Save, or the hotkey, CTRL+S.

Perhaps instead of saying "Adding to disc..." it should say something like "Ready to add to disc... (pending save)", or something, to make it clearer of what's going on.
I'm not sure if PrinceJohn PrinceJohn was having a similar issue, but I have had trouble triggering a rebuild when the only change is adding files. When I strictly add files and hit save, nothing happens, and it still says adding to disc.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Ahh, looks like I found what you're running into. My bad. This should work fine once I get a new build up. Funny I didn't see this before though. It was because of a small change I think I made pretty late-stage for v5, close to release. And I haven't done any file importing for a while.

I haven't released an update with all this yet because there was another feature I was still in the middle of, and I haven't had enough time to finish it amidst work/school (it's finals week), and another project which I should be releasing soon. I've been bouncing between tasks a little bit.

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned this sooner though. Thanks for letting me know!

Brett Peat

Smash Rookie
Ahh, looks like I found what you're running into. My bad. This should work fine once I get a new build up. Funny I didn't see this before though. It was because of a small change I think I made pretty late-stage for v5, close to release. And I haven't done any file importing for a while.

I haven't released an update with all this yet because there was another feature I was still in the middle of, and I haven't had enough time to finish it amidst work/school (it's finals week), and another project which I should be releasing soon. I've been bouncing between tasks a little bit.

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned this sooner though. Thanks for letting me know!
You're welcome. Glad it got caught. Looking forward to the new version.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

Many still do not comprehend the power of DAT Texture Wizard...

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Hey, so im trying to recreate a stadium texture from a dolphin texture pack to be used on wii, but when i get into the stage, the edges look terrible as if a texture wasnt loaded. once you zoom in close enough, the proper image is fine. i assumed that just exporting the .png, recoloring it, and importing it back in would be fine. what should i do?

Attachments

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Yaay... finals are over.

Maybe now I can get back to some Melee work. But first! Question time with Durgan:

Hey, so im trying to recreate a stadium texture from a dolphin texture pack to be used on wii, but when i get into the stage, the edges look terrible as if a texture wasnt loaded. once you zoom in close enough, the proper image is fine. i assumed that just exporting the .png, recoloring it, and importing it back in would be fine. what should i do?
The cause:

This is due to a certain kind of texture called a mipmap texture. mipmapping in Melee and other GameCube games is used to improve image quality and also speed up rendering, specifically when viewing textures at a distance. Basically, this works by avoiding the need to downsize large images (more in-depth details available in the mipmap link above) by simply including multiple copies of the same image at different resolutions. One full set of mipmap images includes the "original", full-resolution image, plus 1/2 divisions of that resolution. For example, [64×64, 32×32, 16×16, 8×8, 4×4, 2×2, 1×1 (a single pixel)].

In DTW (public v5.0.1 at the time of this writing), mipmaps are identified by being highlighted in a light blue. You can load up Yoshi's Story to see some examples, which famously has a bunch of mipmap textures (it's a wonder there are so many hacks of that stage). However, you're only seeing the first image in the set. Features for full support for these textures is planned.

You can calculate where the image data is for any texture's various mipmap levels (resolutions) though with a few facts: First of all, the image data for each level is in order, and directly follows one another in the DAT file, starting from the largest resolution to the smallest. Look in DTW's DAT Texture Tree tab and you'll see that it shows you the offset of a texture (this will be the largest mipmap in a set). If you take that offset and add the length of the image data (also provided by DTW, in parenthesis; that's what the "len" value is), then you'll have the offset of the next mipmap level. The data length of that level will be 1/4th that of the previous (because you're downsizing by half in two dimensions). In this manner you can get the offsets for all of the mipmap textures/levels.

The solutions:

1) The easiest solution: wait until DTW fully supports these directly (sorry, no ETA ATM, but it's high on the todo list. I mean it this time!).

(You'll need to know how to use a hex editor to do any of the following methods.)​

2) Replace all iterations of the mipmap texture; method 1:
  1. Create copies of your texture at the required resolutions. If a height/width dimensions for the image would hit 1 before the other, just keep going for the other dimension. e.g. 16x4, 8x2, 4x1, 2x1, 1x1
  2. Calculate the offsets of the various textures (mipmap levels) as described in the "The Cause" section above.
  3. Use DTW's "Manual Placements" tab to import the PNG textures, using the offsets you got from step 2. Explanation on using this tab can be found in the mostly-but-not-entirely-outdated guide, How to Hack Any Texture. Or, the "User Guide & Info.txt" file from DTW v2.x.

3) Replace all iterations of the mipmap texture; method 2:
  1. Create copies of your texture at the required resolutions. If a height/width dimensions for the image would hit 1 before the other, just keep going for the other dimension. e.g. 16x4, 8x2, 4x1, 2x1, 1x1
  2. Convert them to the actual format the game uses: TPL. You can easily do this with the "PNG to-from TPL.bat" script that comes in the DTW download.
  3. Calculate the offsets of the various textures (mipmap levels) as described in the "The Cause" section above.
  4. Copy/paste the image data in the TPL files to the appropriate places in the DAT file you're working with. To learn how to find the offset of where the image data starts in the TPL file, see this post on the internals of TPL files.

4) Replace all iterations of the mipmap texture; method 3. This works pretty well, but Dolphin might not dump all copies of a texture, or you might not be able to find/identify them all (particularly the small ones). This is probably how most have done mipmaps in the past, which is why some textures mysteriously change as you zoom out on some texture hacked stages.

5) Disable the mipmap. I would recommend the methods above to this, since this is kinda hacky and would be less efficient for the game, but it's still an option. Image Data Headers include a boolean value (True/False; 0 or 1), a flag, at offset 0xC, which indicates whether mipmapping is enabled for that texture. The value here is actually 4 bytes long, so you'll see seven 0s before the important 1 or 0 in question. Visual example. Now, you'll need to open up the file in a hex editor and go to the image data header(s). You can get the offset of the header(s) via the Properties tab in DTW, shown below:
upload_2017-5-17_16-0-21.png
So go to the header(s) offset, then move forward another 0xC bytes, +3 more which should be all zeroes, and you should find a 01. Change that to a 00. Do this for each image data header referencing that texture.

Mipmapping should be disabled for that texture now, and zooming out with that texture in view should have the game pull from the full res copy of the texture instead of any smaller copies. I actually haven't tested this and I only assume educated guess it will work. :p Lmk if you try it.

In the "visual example" I gave above (showing the booleans, not the image on the Properties tab), the final 4 bytes of the header are the number of mipmap images in the set, as a float, (maxLOD, or max level of detail). And the "zeroes between these two values" I mention in that post are the minLOD, or minimum level of detail (I've only seen this as 0). You might also need to change these values to zeroes as well. Unlikely, but again, test and let me know!

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Yaay... finals are over.

Maybe now I can get back to some Melee work. But first! Question time with Durgan:

The cause:

This is due to a certain kind of texture called a mipmap texture. mipmapping in Melee and other GameCube games is used to improve image quality and also speed up rendering, specifically when viewing textures at a distance. Basically, this works by avoiding the need to downsize large images (more in-depth details available in the mipmap link above) by simply including multiple copies of the same image at different resolutions. One full set of mipmap images includes the "original", full-resolution image, plus 1/2 divisions of that resolution. For example, [64×64, 32×32, 16×16, 8×8, 4×4, 2×2, 1×1 (a single pixel)].

In DTW (public v5.0.1 at the time of this writing), mipmaps are identified by being highlighted in a light blue. You can load up Yoshi's Story to see some examples, which famously has a bunch of mipmap textures (it's a wonder there are so many hacks of that stage). However, you're only seeing the first image in the set. Features for full support for these textures is planned.

You can calculate where the image data is for any texture's various mipmap levels (resolutions) though with a few facts: First of all, the image data for each level is in order, and directly follows one another in the DAT file, starting from the largest resolution to the smallest. Look in DTW's DAT Texture Tree tab and you'll see that it shows you the offset of a texture (this will be the largest mipmap in a set). If you take that offset and add the length of the image data (also provided by DTW, in parenthesis; that's what the "len" value is), then you'll have the offset of the next mipmap level. The data length of that level will be 1/4th that of the previous (because you're downsizing by half in two dimensions). In this manner you can get the offsets for all of the mipmap textures/levels.

The solutions:

1) The easiest solution: wait until DTW fully supports these directly (sorry, no ETA ATM, but it's high on the todo list. I mean it this time!).

(You'll need to know how to use a hex editor to do any of the following methods.)​

2) Replace all iterations of the mipmap texture; method 1:
  2. Calculate the offsets of the various textures (mipmap levels) as described in the "The Cause" section above.
  3. Use DTW's "Manual Placements" tab to import the PNG textures, using the offsets you got from step 2. Explanation on using this tab can be found in the mostly-but-not-entirely-outdated guide, [/COLOR]How to Hack Any Texture. Or, the "User Guide & Info.txt" file from DTW v2.x.

3) Replace all iterations of the mipmap texture; method 2:
  2. Convert them to the actual format the game uses: TPL. You can easily do this with the "PNG to-from TPL.bat" script that comes in the DTW download.
  3. Calculate the offsets of the various textures (mipmap levels) as described in the "The Cause" section above.
  4. Copy/paste the image data in the TPL files to the appropriate places in the DAT file you're working with. To learn how to find the offset of where the image data starts in the TPL file, see this post on the internals of TPL files.

4) Replace all iterations of the mipmap texture; method 3. This works pretty well, but Dolphin might not dump all copies of a texture, or you might not be able to find/identify them all (particularly the small ones). This is probably how most have done mipmaps in the past, which is why some textures mysteriously change as you zoom out on some texture hacked stages.

5) Disable the mipmap. I would recommend the method above to this, since this is kinda hacky and would be less efficient for the game, but it's still an option. Image Data Headers include a boolean value (True/False; 0 or 1), a flag, at offset 0xC, which indicates whether mipmapping is enabled for that texture. The value here is actually 4 bytes long, so you'll see seven 0s before the important 1 or 0 in question. Visual example. Now, you'll need to open up the file in a hex editor and go to the image data header(s). You can get the offset of the header(s) via the Properties tab in DTW, shown below:
View attachment 129228
So go to the header(s) offset, then move forward another 0xC bytes, +3 more which should be all zeroes, and you should find a 01. Change that to a 00. Do this for each image data header referencing that texture.

Mipmapping should be disabled for that texture now, and zooming out with that texture in view should have the game pull from the full res copy of the texture instead of any smaller copies. I actually haven't tested this and I only assume educated guess it will work. :p Lmk if you try it.

In the "visual example" I gave above (showing the booleans, not the image on the Properties tab), the final 4 bytes of the header are the number of mipmap images in the set, as a float, (maxLOD, or max level of detail). And the "zeroes between these two values" I mention in that post are the minLOD, or minimum level of detail (I've only seen this as 0). You might also need to change these values to zeroes as well. Unlikely, but again, test and let me know!
Thank you so much, I'm glad you took the time to explain the process, i feel like i understand what was wrong :) extended question: can the texture type be changed during the method 2 process? Like changing type _1 to type _9 or something like that?

Doq

Smash Lord
So apparently saving doesn't work.

It just does nothing.

e~ It seems I'm too slow. I'm on a roll today. 3 for 3 moron moments. I should just go to bed.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Thank you so much, I'm glad you took the time to explain the process, i feel like i understand what was wrong :) extended question: can the texture type be changed during the method 2 process? Like changing type _1 to type _9 or something like that?
Maybe not for types _8/_9, since they use a palette. But other types may work. You would need to change the type in the image data headers. And then for the texture itself, change the file name to use the type you want, before conversion.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i love the blue tint... how does that look once its starts turning red with higher damage?

also
i'm trying to replace the Ready and Go pngs but i keep getting this error. it says it has to have the last number like the "3" but it shows right here that it has the last number "9" so whats the problem? DRGN DRGN same thing for all the 500,000 pngs im trying to replace on th CSS screen. I exported all them out from my v3.02 n i'm trying to put them into v4.06. it won't let me do the .usd file so i'm trying to do manually one by one and it still gives me error

Attachments

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
i love the blue tint... how does that look once its starts turning red with higher damage?

also
i'm trying to replace the Ready and Go pngs but i keep getting this error. it says it has to have the last number like the "3" but it shows right here that it has the last number "9" so whats the problem? DRGN DRGN same thing for all the 500,000 pngs im trying to replace on th CSS screen. I exported all them out from my v3.02 n i'm trying to put them into v4.06. it won't let me do the .usd file so i'm trying to do manually one by one and it still gives me error
When i noticed this problem, i just used an older version of DTW and it works, but there might be other ways i don't know about

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium

also
When i noticed this problem, i just used an older version of DTW and it works, but there might be other ways i don't know about
Yeah, this is a known bug I just introduced in v5. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Workaround: https://smashboards.com/threads/dat...nt-version-5-0-1.373777/page-10#post-21711998

JFLLY

Smash Rookie
i have a css i want to import but then i get the message that it was created for 3 point something or other and that it is not compatible with the new 20xx how do i fix this?

Kotoha

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to import Itaru's CSS from the Melee texture thread, but everytime i replace the CSS file in DTW and run it on my wii, the game doesn't load. Then I tried to replace individual files in DTW, but I keep getting this message
"The texture type should appear at the end of the file name, e.g. the "_3" in "MnSlChr.dat_0x51c0_3"."
I'm renaming the textures exactly to what they should be, but I still keep getting this message. I even add the texture type at the end (Should be _9)

Help?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to import Itaru's CSS from the Melee texture thread, but everytime i replace the CSS file in DTW and run it on my wii, the game doesn't load. Then I tried to replace individual files in DTW, but I keep getting this message
"The texture type should appear at the end of the file name, e.g. the "_3" in "MnSlChr.dat_0x51c0_3"."
I'm renaming the textures exactly to what they should be, but I still keep getting this message. I even add the texture type at the end (Should be _9)

Help?
i have a css i want to import but then i get the message that it was created for 3 point something or other and that it is not compatible with the new 20xx how do i fix this?
it seems like both of yall might be having the same problem i was having. just try to do the same thing using an older version of DTW, like 4.1 or 4.3, that worked for me. if that don't work, try using the melee tool kit and then rebuild the iso, thats even older that DTW but does the job sometimes when DTW wont let you. if both of that those don't work, idk then. let me know if it works :)

Kotoha

Smash Rookie
it seems like both of yall might be having the same problem i was having. just try to do the same thing using an older version of DTW, like 4.1 or 4.3, that worked for me. if that don't work, try using the melee tool kit and then rebuild the iso, thats even older that DTW but does the job sometimes when DTW wont let you. if both of that those don't work, idk then. let me know if it works :)
Hey thanks. I used DTW 4.3 and it worked perfectly!

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Whaht's this??

upload_2017-6-24_2-37-13.png

Export the textures that you want from the 3.x CSS, and then import them into the new CSS file. Look at the readme for a method of bulk imports (Disk Import Method). Though you'll have to use v4.3, or if you're reading this later, v5.1 or later for that method).

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
v5.1 or later
any idea when the next version will be coming out? what about a jump in the functionality of the audio part? like being able to play audio in dtw without having to export it out. and having a built in auto converter from wav/mp3 to the hps or whatever file type that it needs to be; just a drag n drop auto feature

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
any idea when the next version will be coming out? what about a jump in the functionality of the audio part? like being able to play audio in dtw without having to export it out. and having a built in auto converter from wav/mp3 to the hps or whatever file type that it needs to be; just a drag n drop auto feature
Very soon. I think all or most of the current bugs I know about are fixed. There are a few features I wanted to include in the next version though. I'll either finish the last of those soon, or just leave them to 5.2.

The audio stuff is something that's been on my todo list for a long time, and now that so much else has been done, those kinds of things are the next big focus for DTW. I have a lot on my plate though (including still other Melee related projects), and there are updates to MCM I've wanted to for a while. Not sure which I'm going to tackle first yet.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I couldn't resist.... New features on the way! Might be able to get a build out tomorrow.

Gehis514 Gehis514 Ed94 Ed94 H HoDANG

upload_2017-6-27_16-22-0.png

I believe all bugs that have been reported are also fixed.

Update: The compiler seems to have a disagreement with one of the new dependencies. Gonna have to figure it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Update!

To 5.1:
- Full support added for Mipmap textures!
- New setting: Export textures using Dolphin's file naming convention!
- Fixed _8 & _9 imports with palettes (broke in v5.0/5.0.1 only)
- Fixed a bug relating to adding new file(s) to a disc (not replacing)
- Fixed imports via Disc Import Method (broke in v5.0/5.0.1)
- Big performance increase to CMPR (type _14) texture loading
- Small performance improvement on all other texture loading
- No longer auto-switches to the disc tab when saving changes to disc
- Fixed CCC support for Y.Link's eyes
- All opened Root folders now add to "Open Recent" menu
- Disc Shortcuts w/ a root folder no longer animates banner twice
- Added support to the Trim Color Generator for:
Falcon's Red alts
Male/Female Wireframes
Giga Bowser​
- Fixed "Auto-Generate CSP Trim Colors" setting always detected as "on"
- Improved performance (speed) of CSP Trim Color Generator
- Trim Color Generator now unbiased by "blanked" textures
- Fixed importing of files lacking string tables (broke in v5.0/5.0.1)
- Files with recently saved changes now highlight in green
- Small improvement to texture recognition
- The "Blank Texture" feature now zeros out palettes as well
- Fixed a bug in submitting individually-changed palette entries
- Support for multiple monitors added to tooltips
- Warnings for "Invalid Textures" disabled*
- Fixed alignment issue with some rebuilds using 'auto' inter-file padding
- Errors are now output to "Error Log.txt"
- Default format for texture exports can now be set in the settings.ini file
* "Invalid" textures being those with a width/height > 1024, or not a multiple of 2. A warning for the former case will probably be added later for imports. The latter case turns out to not actually be a problem for the game.

Woo!

Let me know if you notice any problems with any features.

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Update!

To 5.1:
- Full support added for Mipmap textures!
- New setting: Export textures using Dolphin's file naming convention!
- Fixed _8 & _9 imports with palettes (broke in v5.0/5.0.1 only)
- Fixed a bug relating to adding new file(s) to a disc (not replacing)
- Fixed imports via Disc Import Method (broke in v5.0/5.0.1)
- Big performance increase to CMPR (type _14) texture loading
- Small performance improvement on all other texture loading
- No longer auto-switches to the disc tab when saving changes to disc
- Fixed CCC support for Y.Link's eyes
- All opened Root folders now add to "Open Recent" menu
- Disc Shortcuts w/ a root folder no longer animates banner twice
- Added support to the Trim Color Generator for:
Falcon's Red alts
Male/Female Wireframes
Giga Bowser​
- Fixed "Auto-Generate CSP Trim Colors" setting always detected as "on"
- Improved performance (speed) of CSP Trim Color Generator
- Trim Color Generator now unbiased by "blanked" textures
- Fixed importing of files lacking string tables (broke in v5.0/5.0.1)
- Files with recently saved changes now highlight in green
- Small improvement to texture recognition
- The "Blank Texture" feature now zeros out palettes as well
- Fixed a bug in submitting individually-changed palette entries
- Support for multiple monitors added to tooltips
- Warnings for "Invalid Textures" disabled*
- Fixed alignment issue with some rebuilds using 'auto' inter-file padding
- Errors are now output to "Error Log.txt"​
* "Invalid" textures being those with a width/height > 1024, or not a multiple of 2. A warning for the former case will probably be added later for imports. The latter case turns out to not actually be a problem for the game.

Woo!

Let me know if you notice any problems with any features.
Thank you for all the wonderful work you do, bless your heart

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Oh man this is going to be good.

Last edited:

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet

I keep getting this error in 5.1 even though I'm only importing one texture and not multiple.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium

I keep getting this error in 5.1 even though I'm only importing one texture and not multiple.
This was due to a built-in python module (more specifically a tkinter module) being annoyingly inconsistent in how it returns information. You must be using the menus to select and import the texture. I hadn't even noticed this problem since I never use those (drag-and-drop is so much more useful! Which works in that build). I would almost not even address this until the next version, but it also affects banner imports, and more directly for those, since you can't use drag-and-drop to import them. So I've fixed this and re-uploaded a new copy. Not gonna bother with iterating the version number for such a small thing, but you can re-download the program and give it a try; all import methods should be working. Thanks for letting me know.

Orion

Smash Rookie
I tried to open an ISO but nothing happened.

Error log:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 10103, in <lambda>
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 9533, in dndHandler
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 1093, in fileHandler
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 1047, in rememberFile
File "C:\Python27\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 753, in set
File "C:\Python27\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 397, in set
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 8-9: ordinal not in range(128)

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
what about replacing PNGs with animated GIFs?
You asked about that before. I don't really have any more on it atm.

I tried to open an ISO but nothing happened.

Error log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 10103, in <lambda>
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 9533, in dndHandler
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 1093, in fileHandler
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 1047, in rememberFile
File "C:\Python27\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 753, in set
File "C:\Python27\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 397, in set
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 8-9: ordinal not in range(128)
Generating the CSP trim colors works with 4.07 but doesn't seem to work with 4.07+
Could you guys give some more details on these? Are you using the latest version of DTW? What OS is this on?

Orion, it looks like you might have some kind of special character in the ISO's file path. Can you share that path? You might try moving the disc to another location and open it from there.

StagesWhenPls, could you elaborate more on what you mean that it doesn't work? Do you mean the manual method (where you get a pop-up window and can adjust the accent color)? Do you see no window? Or do you mean it looks like it worked in the program, but the new colors don't show up in-game? Does an error show up in the Error Log.txt file?

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet
You asked about that before. I don't really have any more on it atm.

Could you guys give some more details on these? Are you using the latest version of DTW? What OS is this on?

Orion, it looks like you might have some kind of special character in the ISO's file path. Can you share that path? You might try moving the disc to another location and open it from there.

StagesWhenPls, could you elaborate more on what you mean that it doesn't work? Do you mean the manual method (where you get a pop-up window and can adjust the accent color)? Do you see no window? Or do you mean it looks like it worked in the program, but the new colors don't show up in-game? Does an error show up in the Error Log.txt file?
I'm using DTW 5.1 and am on Windows 10. And by not working, I mean when importing a costume into 4.07+, it doesn't automatically make the CSP background colors, while it did in 4.07. Something I noticed that might have to do with this is that DTW doesn't detect 4.07+ as a 20XX version under disc details (tested this on a vanilla 4.07+ ISO), while it did detect 4.07 as a 20XX version.

Top Bottom