• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashing backwards for spacing a down B spike offstage...

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey all, its been quite a while. I've actually been practicing a bit for Apex, and I noticed one little thing that I have trouble doing which could make or break a match for me.

I do not know how to dash backwards after catching someone offstage with a d-smash, and then down B-ing towards the edge in order to spike them. For those that are unaware, this is done to more accurately catch the opponent with the spike part of the down B attack hitbox.

Could anyone proficient with doing this, please tell me the most reliable way to down B in the other direction after (or maybe technically during) a dash?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well I guess it's too late now but you're supposed to dash backwards, and then jump and downB off the stage. A dashing downB by itself won't work, the jump is necessary to let you get the downB out earlier.

Top Bottom