• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dancing...

Nightkiller7|Drago

Smash Rookie
I am unable to dash dance by using proper means but instead i foxtrot forward and wavedash back. is this ok?

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
What prevents you from dashdancing by conventional means?
Foxtrotting forward and wavedashing back doesn't produce the same result because there's a 10-frame period before you can act out of a wavedash, plus you aren't facing the other direction. It's a useful form of a movement, but not a solid substitute in the midst of combat.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
I don't understand how fox trotting and wavedashing could be in any way easier than dash dancing or how dash dancing is in any way difficult

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Dashdancing is important when playing Marth as it can be used to bait your opponent and make them guess what you are going to do next... you should use it.

xXadevs2000Xx

Smash Apprentice
Uhh.... what do you mean you have trouble dash dancing?
Here, follow these steps:
Step 1. Push the stick in one direction (left or right).
Step 2. Before leaving your dash animation, push the stick in the opposite direction.

If you mean that you have trouble weaving or something like that, I don't really know how I'd describe that.
Sort of, in your dash dance, make one of the dashes longer than the other......... knowing the dash distance helps get the furthest distance.
The rest just comes with practice I guess.

Top Bottom